Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Siro

Sydney, Australia

#12686 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars with no proof will talk and talk...
Well youre always on here spewing out your venom Bad Boy Bubby...
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#12687 Nov 19, 2013
Evolution deniers have to redefine the terms because they can't win honestly.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution denialists will try to redefine science their way, but always come off looking like raving lunatics.
Its a shame that their creationist cult won't accept the hard undeniable evidence that we evolved.
Ironically, evolution even shows how the mental illness of religion evolved in the absence of advanced science (and the proliferation of loud theist idiots)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12688 Nov 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You read "too" much Bobby Spencer ..most ...MOST..muslims are worth while ..
The Jews lost all of their priests and the temple was torn down ..
How , can a reasonable Woman suggest ..( such as yourself )..that the Jews have made the right ..**choice**..INTERROBANG
The first "Bobby Spencer", that I have ever read is just the names that you wrote. I said nothing about Muslims, nor did I suggest or claim that the Jewish people made a correct choice or even that they had made a choice.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12689 Nov 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult is a completely full of sh*t, its followers brainwashed liars and its evidence non-existent.
You trouble makers attack, science, atheists, women and homosexuals, interfere with politics, law and business and attack atheism forums.
When will you see yourselves from the outside and realise that your joke is over?
..boy , we really seem to have upset the apple cart ....for , a group of individuals ; you keep referring to as "sheep" ...

If Christards are "sheep" ...are..freethinkers ,merely grass to graze upon ...Ohhhh , you poor defenseless little creatures ....!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12690 Nov 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely done, Doc.
Alas... you used... big words and really mature concepts.
I suspect your post, here, is a wee bit too sophisticated for the likes of the drunk #4.
But you do ask some pointed questions; questions which he cannot permit himself to answer--ever.
For in answering your questions? It would reveal his faith to be ... bogus.
;)
...brown noser ...( what's all this then , are you hoping for a free prostate exam ..?..)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12691 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually? They contradict themselves **way** too much to be valid.
And not in just the small details-- but in **great** big **honking** and **important** details!
Such as this:
What were the last words of Jesus? There are several different versions-- which one is the correct one?
Who visited Jesus' tomb on Easter morning? It's kinda important, here-- as these are the supposed "witnesses".
What were the final words of Jesus before he went up into heaven? Again-- a rather important scene--the last bit if holy advice from Jesus. But again, several **different** accounts--none of which agree.
So no. You **really** need to re-look at your bible-- get one of those "side by side" Gospels, which put the events in the 4, beside each other, verse by verse.
It is most telling how different they each are about the **important** events.
..What is required here , is some of that much vaunted atheistic discernment ...

Any , historical figure you can read about, has several different historical accounts to pick from ...Authors have certain view points ,and usually a target audience ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12692 Nov 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as god. God isn't real. Liars with no proof will talk and talk...
Reason says "yes !" ..So , you just shut your talking hole ...

We can't see the Oort cloud , nor dark matter .....are they real , Hmmmm..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12693 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, the bubonic plague-- when Genuine Christianity¬ô was **literally** the **law** of the land!
And where was your god **then**?
Genuine Christianity¬ô was the government, the leadership, the everything---
-- yet, the plague happened anyway.
What happened? Was your god too busy playing golf? Perhaps he was out to lunch?
The funny thing is?
**RELIGION** did **NOTHING** about the plague-- it took **science**-- purely **secular** non-god SCIENCE to figure out how to stop the plague....!
Not your god.
Not your Jewsus.
But atheistic science.
How about ****that****....
...Nope , you are misinformed ...** or lying **...Medieval Europe was a " feudal society , not a theocracy ; as you suggest ."

Are you insinuating , that those who discovered the plague vectors ; were indeed unbelievers ...( tis possible , but unlikely )

God created "all" matter ; it is literally impossible for science to be atheistic ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12694 Nov 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That wasn't original, and it has been repeated often.
Jehovah teaches that if somebody doesn't worship you, that it is infinitely good to keep them alive forever just to torture them. Do you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are two facets of the same agent?
<quoted text>
That's also not original. Buddha also taught humility and service, as did Confucius.
<quoted text>
None of that was original, either, and depending what you mean by wealth, power and pride, it may not be good advice. The unprincipled pursuit of excessive wealth and power are immoral, but working to accumulate enough wealth and power to provide for the needs and reasonable wants of the self, family and community are not. Vanity and conceit are not virtues, but self-respect is.
<quoted text>
That part probably wasn't original either. My guess is that the Jews called their god father as well. Either way, do you consider that a great moral contribution?
My point is that Jesus is called a great moral pillar and ethical genius, but I can't the evidence for that. He seems to have repeated a few good ideas and come up with a few of his own of little or no value.
Where are his words about justice, courage, loyalty, industry, self-discipline, democracy, and freedom, for example? Can you be a moral genius without addressing those matters?
He talks about love, but the examples are deformed, being primarily about man's love of the god, which is not really love, since love is defined by what done for the object of love, and by the god's love of man, which is defined in terms of blood sacrifice and torture.
The admonition to hate family and join Jesus seems like poorly chosen words at best, and bad advice if taken literally. Likewise with turning the other cheek. Doesn't that invite further violence if taken literally? Why is meekness a virtue?
Apart from the Golden Rule, which Jesus borrowed from his predecessors, The Christian moral code seems deficient in places and defective in others to me. Do you disagree?
A) Love your enemy , has been repeated "often" ...??...seriously ," it ain't necessarily so" seriously ...?

B) Mankind was created in the image of God , intellect , reason and immortal spirit ...and, the Bible "never" ceases to exhort us to turn away from perdition ..Did, you have patients for real ..??..And , did they "always" follow their treatment plans ..??

C) If there is no objective morality ...then nothing can be described as immoral ..capishe'

D) The Jews had become militaristic and nationalistic ..they , kind of veered off , from a true understanding of Yahweh ..

E) oh , my gosh ..do you just post whatever pops into your pretty little head ....( it's okay , I post drunk too )
NO..the Jews do not call God "Father" ...you , can find jewish prayers , none call Him "father"

..sorry..gotta start my morning ablutions ,** don't wanna catch the Black plague **...( intermission )

Earth,TX

#12696 Nov 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Reason says "yes !" ..So , you just shut your talking hole ...
We can't see the Oort cloud , nor dark matter .....are they real , Hmmmm..?
Do you wish to speak for Reason? I doubt you could do that, beings you have already screwed up.

Reason said 'yes'. Reason said 'no'. Reasion said 'somethimes'. Reason said 'maybe'. Reason said much, but what did she say these too?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12699 Nov 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Do you wish to speak for Reason? I doubt you could do that, beings you have already screwed up.
Reason said 'yes'. Reason said 'no'. Reasion said 'somethimes'. Reason said 'maybe'. Reason said much, but what did she say these too?
..haha ha he he ...

..reason..

Why, do men possess a conscience .

Why is Nature beautiful .

Why is there, order ...( in nature )..in every eco-system , every creature plays a fundamental role , from the dew to the trees ..

those who contemplate ...really contemplate ; believe in God ..

there are trillions of Earth "like" planets ( goldilocks zone ) yet, our Moon is a flute ...we don't even know how it came about ...

it regulates the equatorial shift , gives light ( reflects light ), gives us more Earth to colonize ..

I'm just saying ..our luck ..is incredible ; or ....(blank)..??
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12700 Nov 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why is meekness a virtue?
Apart from the Golden Rule, which Jesus borrowed from his predecessors, The Christian moral code seems deficient in places and defective in others to me. Do you disagree?
(a) Meekness has two definitions ...if , you thought about it ...Jesus is asking us to persevere , if your parents have dementia , living after a natural disaster , have an incorrigible sibling/child ..then of course blessed are the meek , for they will inherit the Earth ..

Jesus's religion claims "we" are all brothers and sisters ...is there any other faith in human history , that asserts this ...brother ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12702 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>Actually you aren't and you don't.
The prophesied messiah is a no-show. Jewsus fails on all accounts as savior, he simply is not of royal lineage, and he is not Immanuel.
Islam long ago declared war on all that is not Islamic, you lot just choose not to see truth.
no, I guess you didn't say anything bout' Muslims here ...

..I used 'bobby', but 'Robert Spencer' is his real name .

I realize you claim His name must be emmanuel ( God is with us )..but, if God actually took mortal form ...then , the prophet Isiah made no mistake ...

Earth,TX

#12703 Nov 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..haha ha he he ...
..reason..
Why, do men possess a conscience .
Why is Nature beautiful .
Why is there, order ...( in nature )..in every eco-system , every creature plays a fundamental role , from the dew to the trees ..
those who contemplate ...really contemplate ; believe in God ..
there are trillions of Earth "like" planets ( goldilocks zone ) yet, our Moon is a flute ...we don't even know how it came about ...
it regulates the equatorial shift , gives light ( reflects light ), gives us more Earth to colonize ..
I'm just saying ..our luck ..is incredible ; or ....(blank)..??
Do they?
Is it
Is there really?
We make our own luck

Earth,TX

#12704 Nov 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>no, I guess you didn't say anything bout' Muslims here ...
..I used 'bobby', but 'Robert Spencer' is his real name .
I realize you claim His name must be emmanuel ( God is with us )..but, if God actually took mortal form ...then , the prophet Isiah made no mistake ...
Still I haven't read, Bobby or Robert Spencer, and can't imagine why I should.

If? It would have to exist first.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12705 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>Do they?
Is it
Is there really?
We make our own luck
..no..We do not ..

You will get old ..you will die ..

exactly what do yo make ..??..because , we could all use some of that luck , you are selling ..

Earth,TX

#12709 Nov 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..no..We do not ..
You will get old ..you will die ..
exactly what do yo make ..??..because , we could all use some of that luck , you are selling ..
I make the decisions to act on that which(luck) might be advantageous to myself. I decide to take a step, or not to do so. If I were cascaded under a huge pile of money, it would still be my choice as to whether to actually take and use it. Getting old is not all luck, but rather genetics, proper health care, nutrition, planning and the avoidance of risky situations. Everybody dies, does that mean there is no luck for anyone?
LCNLin

United States

#12710 Nov 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't successfully lied about god being real yet, and then you start talking about god 'mortal form'
Its just one lie after another with creationists...what a way to live...
S^eptic's England does Not have a first Amendment to the Constitution.
In the United States we have freedom of speech guaranteed.
She has problems with differing opinions,... tough luck

While skeptic has not proved her atheist philosophy she has pioneered in scatology.

LOL
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#12714 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to creationist hearsay, creationist don't have the right to lie to society or threaten them with death if they don't convert to the faith based mental illness of no proof.
You mean you dont like competition....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12715 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that god isn't real - so talking about it, is just sharing your mental illness with us.
What do you want us to do exactly? Drop everything and follow your mentally ill stories which you can't even prove?
The mental illness you suffer from is far broader than just your imaginary god - its affect your perception as well.
..Look , more of mankind believes than disbelieves , in some sort of Creator ...It's a choice we all have to make ..

and , Nations that adopt a atheistic political power , are just as bad as any adopting a Sharia political power ...they , can not exists without murdering millions and jailing thousands ..

What "I" want "you" to do exactly ...?...Let go of your anger , and accept your life has meaning ..

( also ... lend me twenty quid , I had a bad night at the tables.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Science 2,196
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 33,086
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 81,857
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web