Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
12,081 - 12,100 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#12583 Nov 13, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
you must know at how to answer the question comparing Darwin's gradualism and Gould's punctuated equilibrium - they are in their nature "irreconcilable" (unless you don't even know the difference).
Irreconcilable. Not at all. Gould's ideas amplified Darwins just as Einstein's ideas about gravity amplified Newton's. Darwin didn't insist on change occurring at a constant rate. He merely had no evidence to suggest that it might be otherwise as Gould did, and in accordance with Occam's razor, postulated nothing more than was necessary to explain what he saw.

Why are you concerned with the theory of evolution more than say string theory or the germ theory of disease? Are you an impartial student of the philosophy of science, or are your interests agenda driven, and if so, which agenda? It's important to know your motivations in order to judge whether your objections are made in good faith in the pursuit of truth through dialectic, or something less lofty.

Fennario

#12584 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Social Darwinism is a favorite of the rich.
Social Darwinisim is a favorite of the faithful. I haven't see anybody else mentioning it on these threads apart from believers in their effort to demean the science that undermines their bible's claims with an irrelevant but derogatory association. Social Darwinism - the competition for scarce socioeconomic resources like dollars and social status has no more to do with biology or Darwin than sports Darwinism does - the survival of the fittest team in the competition for scarce resources (wins) in the race to the Superbowl or World Series? The model can be even be applied to ideologies competing for scarce resources - adherents.

Sure, it might be a tactic of questionable ethics, but I understand that this is not the time for the Christian to take the higher road. The church in America is fading away rather briskly as its numbers, tithes and social clout wane, and desperate times call for desperate measures. You probably feel the need to defend the church at any cost, and so integrity must take a back seat for now. I understand.

Fennario

#12585 Nov 13, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
I don't know, but notice that they all hide their ISP for some reason, and they pop up at the right moment to answer for the ones hiding behind. They all spew the same hatred that I don't see atheists in Islam Forum (where I enter from) do. You just don't naturally see so many of those marvelous popcorns popping up in the same thread.

Why would I care about the Muslims? They're irrelevant in my life.

Fennario

#12586 Nov 13, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
So this is how you respond to someone the first time they try to converse with you ... cheap shots. I've been off of Topix for a while (about a year or a little more) exactly because of people like you who add nothing to any conversation and apparently are only interested in eliciting emotional responses from people.
Hola, amigo, and welcome back.

I just finished telling him to be himself, which is what you are going to get from him anyway. If cheap shots are how the Holy Spirit works through him, then let it be so.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12587 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Comedy hour continues
if you creationists trolls shaddap for bit at least it will be over.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12588 Nov 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Not at all. You have no duty to me except to be yourself and let the power of Christ shine through you. I have good reason to want to know
Skeptics are evidence based thinkers, and would like to see what a difference being filled with the Holy Spirit makes. You were promised various gifts of the Spirit for your faith, gifts such as "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Your only job is show us whether that promise has been kept.
Why? Your witness is how others can judge whether the claims and promises of the bible are reliable. After all, a person being asked to make a lifetime sacrifice in terms of thousands of hours spent attending sermons, praying and reading the bible, and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in tithes in exchange for the promise of eternal bliss like evidence whether the source of those promises can be trusted. That's where you come in - being yourself and letting the love of your god shine through you so that we can judge whether those promises are being kept.
If they are, it's evidence that the bible is the authentic word of an actual god and not just a mythology invented to exploit people as its critics claim. If the promises are not being kept, it's pretty powerful evidence that the opposite is true. Wouldn't you agree?
Good answer again.
Civility lesson? A sermon from Bob? This is a joke right, as if I don't know how your pack of hyenas behave. Ever thought of teaching some civility to your pals (Bob, Skeptic, et.al) here rather than asking me to turning the other cheek?

Concord, CA

#12589 Nov 14, 2013
Why would I care about the Muslims? They're irrelevant in my life.
You're right, with the kind of atheists friends like your pals, who needs muslims?

Concord, CA

#12590 Nov 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to us, after you have read **all** of the following helpful websites.
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Proof of evolution: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/
Proof of evolution: http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-w...
Proof of evolution: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
Proof of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...
Proof of evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_comm...
Proof of evolution: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...
It wasn't a hard question for you to answer, Bob... I know the trick of shifting the burden if you can't answer.

Concord, CA

#12591 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Comedy hour continues
As "funny" as this:

http://www.campusreform.org/...

(well, that is my mental image of Bob and pals... honestly)

Fennario

#12592 Nov 14, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Civility lesson? A sermon from Bob? This is a joke right, as if I don't know how your pack of hyenas behave. Ever thought of teaching some civility to your pals (Bob, Skeptic, et.al) here rather than asking me to turning the other cheek?
No, not a sermon from Bob.*YOU* are Jesus' agent here - not Bob, and not Skeptic. What else do I need to know to decide but you?

Fennario

#12593 Nov 14, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
You're right, with the kind of atheists friends like your pals, who needs muslims?
I have no idea what you are trying to say to me with that, but my Topix pals are not relevant to the great decisions I have to make. The make no extraordinary claims.

You are the relevant one. I look at you and judge the validity, veracity, and value of your religion and your claims about its power and its claim of a supernatural origin.

I'm about ready now. Is there anything you'd like to add before I do?

Concord, CA

#12594 Nov 14, 2013
No, not a sermon from Bob.*YOU* are Jesus' agent here - not Bob, and not Skeptic. What else do I need to know to decide but you?
Bob, Skeptic, etc... do you have anything to say about their behaviour?

Concord, CA

#12595 Nov 14, 2013
I have no idea what you are trying to say to me with that, but my Topix pals are not relevant to the great decisions I have to make. The make no extraordinary claims.
You are the relevant one. I look at you and judge the validity, veracity, and value of your religion and your claims about its power and its claim of a supernatural origin.
judge my religion from my behavior? wow.... how convenient? are you sure you're not Bob?

Concord, CA

#12596 Nov 14, 2013
aww... I'm so regretful now... I didn't know you were counting on me to make your "faith" decision... I'm so sorry.(but don't tell Bob/Skeptic that, any thought of becoming a christian would be mental damage to them)

Concord, CA

#12597 Nov 14, 2013
enough comedy show, I'll move on.
LCNLin

United States

#12598 Nov 14, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
He is funny but not quite yet into "scatology".
How many thousand posts LOL

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12599 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, they do make extraordinary claims.

BlackLagoon just claimed he has 2 splugehorns.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12600 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Hola, amigo, and welcome back.
I just finished telling him to be himself, which is what you are going to get from him anyway. If cheap shots are how the Holy Spirit works through him, then let it be so.
Every time I try to be myself, both parties reject the notion.

Fennario

#12601 Nov 14, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Bob, Skeptic, etc... do you have anything to say about their behaviour?
No. Why would I? Do you think I need to?

Fennario

#12602 Nov 14, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
aww... I'm so regretful now... I didn't know you were counting on me to make your "faith" decision... I'm so sorry.(but don't tell Bob/Skeptic that, any thought of becoming a christian would be mental damage to them)
There's no need to apologize. You were helpful, and likely did me a favor. How can I help you in return?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Thinking 226,371
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 19 min Jaimie 55
The Ultimate Evidence of God 31 min Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 33 min Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 1 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr CunningLinguist 39
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr CunningLinguist 429
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••