Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12508 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think Madam Skeptic should be the one responded (and not you) is she feels "belittled"? Maybe she is pondering for the first time what on earth she had been talking about all the time? Maybe she'd finally dump her broken vinyl record player for good? Maybe she's be overjoyed by such enlightenment that she'd want to hug me?
I just like to remind you hypocrites exactly how hypocritical you appear to people who have no dog in the race.

You are doing **more** than **I** ever could, to turn the world atheist.

Thank you!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12509 Nov 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That wasn't original, and it has been repeated often.
Jehovah teaches that if somebody doesn't worship you, that it is infinitely good to keep them alive forever just to torture them. Do you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are two facets of the same agent?
<quoted text>
That's also not original. Buddha also taught humility and service, as did Confucius.
<quoted text>
None of that was original, either, and depending what you mean by wealth, power and pride, it may not be good advice. The unprincipled pursuit of excessive wealth and power are immoral, but working to accumulate enough wealth and power to provide for the needs and reasonable wants of the self, family and community are not. Vanity and conceit are not virtues, but self-respect is.
<quoted text>
That part probably wasn't original either. My guess is that the Jews called their god father as well. Either way, do you consider that a great moral contribution?
My point is that Jesus is called a great moral pillar and ethical genius, but I can't the evidence for that. He seems to have repeated a few good ideas and come up with a few of his own of little or no value.
Where are his words about justice, courage, loyalty, industry, self-discipline, democracy, and freedom, for example? Can you be a moral genius without addressing those matters?
He talks about love, but the examples are deformed, being primarily about man's love of the god, which is not really love, since love is defined by what done for the object of love, and by the god's love of man, which is defined in terms of blood sacrifice and torture.
The admonition to hate family and join Jesus seems like poorly chosen words at best, and bad advice if taken literally. Likewise with turning the other cheek. Doesn't that invite further violence if taken literally? Why is meekness a virtue?
Apart from the Golden Rule, which Jesus borrowed from his predecessors, The Christian moral code seems deficient in places and defective in others to me. Do you disagree?
Nicely done, Doc.

Alas... you used... big words and really mature concepts.

I suspect your post, here, is a wee bit too sophisticated for the likes of the drunk #4.

But you do ask some pointed questions; questions which he cannot permit himself to answer--ever.

For in answering your questions? It would reveal his faith to be ... bogus.

;)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12510 Nov 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Look at your filthy creationist language - you call me woman because you disrespect them - lie your cult orders you to.
But like all creationists liars you have no proof of god and RUN SCARED from the question
Oh... calling you Madam is a filthy creationist language and disrespectful?

I have been calling you that since almost day 1 after someone gave me that "inaccurate" information... but wasn't that your fault that you never corrected it before, and why all the sudden when asked to ponder about something this become and issue (rather than responding to the real question raised?)

Should I now call you Sir Skeptic?

Location hidden

#12511 Nov 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I just like to remind you hypocrites exactly how hypocritical you appear to people who have no dog in the race.
You are doing **more** than **I** ever could, to turn the world atheist.
Thank you!
Bobby, what you say don't matter to me.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12512 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... calling you Madam is a filthy creationist language and disrespectful?
I have been calling you that since almost day 1 after someone gave me that "inaccurate" information... but wasn't that your fault that you never corrected it before, and why all the sudden when asked to ponder about something this become and issue (rather than responding to the real question raised?)
Should I now call you Sir Skeptic?
Every time you try to change the subject away from the question you and your cult RUN SCARED from "Where is the proof of the god you're lying to atheists about?" I will remind you again.

You can lie, whine and cry like your cult tells you to, but you will still have to face up to the lie that there is no such thing as god and you know it. This is why your mental illness causes you to RUN SCARED from the question.

It is expected creationist troll behaviour to attempt to insult (and fail)

Location hidden

#12513 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Matters enough for you to reply. All you need to do is prove the god you lied about in this forum or just admit you have no evidence and are lying. That's all you need to do.

Location hidden

#12514 Nov 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Every time you try to change the subject away from the question you and your cult RUN SCARED from "Where is the proof of the god you're lying to atheists about?" I will remind you again.
You can lie, whine and cry like your cult tells you to, but you will still have to face up to the lie that there is no such thing as god and you know it. This is why your mental illness causes you to RUN SCARED from the question.
It is expected creationist troll behaviour to attempt to insult (and fail)
The thing is I have conceded long ago that there is no proof for god, nor would the possibly be one, nor could there ever be a proof that there is no god. Even worlds top atheists agreed to this point, only the few stupid ones demand a "proof". Lets make a deal, why don't you show us a prove that such a proof (of god or no god) is possible, don't run scared or Bob would be so disappointed in your display of cowardice.

Location hidden

#12515 Nov 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Matters enough for you to reply. All you need to do is prove the god you lied about in this forum or just admit you have no evidence and are lying. That's all you need to do.
Why do you always have to reply for him and he for you? Are you married to Bob... or is there an more intimate relationship between you "two"?
LCNLin

United States

#12518 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you always have to reply for him and he for you? Are you married to Bob... or is there an more intimate relationship between you "two"?
OCD atheism seems popular among those atheist "fearing that somehow, somewhere, someone" may reject their atheist cult ;-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12519 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yet... you ... cannot... resist ... the... reply....

<laughing my azz off at you, here>

Location hidden

#12520 Nov 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Really? Yet... you ... cannot... resist ... the... reply....
<laughing my azz off at you, here>
is there any law that says if I don't care then I mustn't tell you that I don't care?

I had long debates with worthy atheists before, but my mom would tell me to go to bed if I keep talking to broken vinyl record players.
LCNLin

United States

#12521 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
is there any law that says if I don't care then I mustn't tell you that I don't care?
I had long debates with worthy atheists before, but my mom would tell me to go to bed if I keep talking to broken vinyl record players.
B^b might choose to post less, and think more, about what he posts?

Location hidden

#12522 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is I have conceded long ago that there is no proof for god,
You need to stop lying to society about it then, instead of making excuses for your fraudulent cult.

Correct your books, withdraw your exposed lying cult from society, and stop bothering scientists.

Location hidden

#12523 Nov 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
OCD atheism seems popular among those atheist "fearing that somehow, somewhere, someone" may reject their atheist cult ;-)
Loudmouth creationist trolls will try to attack atheism in passing, but instead make their mentally ill cults look even more stupid in practice.

Location hidden

#12524 Nov 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
B^b might choose to post less, and think more, about what he posts?
If you find what bob posts offensive you are more than welcome to f*ck off, lying creationist cult scum.

Location hidden

#12525 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic creationist moving the goalposts when cornered:

Bob: excellent and accurate comment about Rusty

Rusty: I don't care what you have to say (but I will reply, proving that I do)

Bob: LMAO

Rusty: Is there any law against me caring about not caring about what you have to say?

The world: You stupid goalpost moving tw*t.

Location hidden

#12526 Nov 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
OCD ...
I know, they give away lots of nuts and broken light bulbs while decorating themselves with christmas lights... and not feeling tired doing that.

Location hidden

#12527 Nov 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Classic creationist moving the goalposts when cornered:
Bob: excellent and accurate comment about Rusty
Rusty: I don't care what you have to say (but I will reply, proving that I do)
Bob: LMAO
Rusty: Is there any law against me caring about not caring about what you have to say?
The world: You stupid goalpost moving tw*t.
is this a self-therapy session or what? a vinyl player evolved into Eliza?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12528 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had-- for once in your life-- presented something either **interesting** or **original**?

Perhaps you would challenge me to something interesting by way of reply.

But you do not do that-- you just post nonsensical hate-speech, and comments designed to belittle and demonstrate your intolerance.

So there you go--- it's all **you**, bub.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12529 Nov 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you find what bob posts offensive you are more than welcome to f*ck off, lying creationist cult scum.
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min positronium 87,239
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Sat superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web