Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12488 Nov 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
Ok, let me point something out here: we have much bigger fish to fry at the moment, and we need to be UNITED against Islam in the West. We can go back to our petty squabbles after that very real and very serious threat is dealt with, yes?
If we leave the islamicist alone to wallow in their own filth and poverty?

They **will** destroy each other from within.

If they have no enemies from the outside? They turn on each other like rabid rats.

Proof?

Look at the slow destruction of their "civilization". Their cities are in ruins. Their "governments" are just bullies-with-guns.

I remember when it was safe to travel to Iran, and the cities were bright, shining and safe-- this was before islam got ahold of the government reins.

THIS IS A LESSON WE NEED TO HEED:

Anytime RELIGION is in CONTROL of power? You get CHAOS, DESTRUCTION.

Remember the Dark Ages, when Christianity was IN CHARGE?
Believer

Secaucus, NJ

#12489 Nov 10, 2013
Atheists are ghouls wandering the Earth aimlessly.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12490 Nov 10, 2013
Believer wrote:
It's just as crazy to believe in ghouls as in gods. You're getting worse, pal, not better.
Anon

Lowell, MA

#12491 Nov 10, 2013
Believer wrote:
Translation: "I'm too busy being self-righteous and denigrating others to pay attention to any real threats."

Should we bother letting "Believer" in on the fact that the xtians are the FIRST target of Islam (since they can't get to the Jews)?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12492 Nov 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Did you learn to belittle people from reading the words of your Jesus?
No?
Interesting.
Then I suspect your Jesus would say to you: "depart from me, I do not know you"
which part of my sentence sounds like "belittle"? Why?

"those that madam Skeptic has are special atoms that transcend themselves.... they even have the humor to make their host believe she has the reason."
LCNLin

United States

#12493 Nov 10, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"those that madam Skeptic has are special atoms that transcend themselves.... they even have the humor to make their host believe she has the reason."
Ever notice how defensive atheists are on the thread?
No proof of anything so they whine a great deal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12494 Nov 10, 2013
Believer wrote:
Oh you silly!

Your Jewsus is a **zombie**.

And?

Humans who worship/fawn over dead bodies? Are called ghouls.

So.... that makes you into?

Yep: you are a GHOUL!

I bet you didn't think of that, did you?

<laughing at the idiot believer>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12495 Nov 10, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belittling attitude screams forth from pretty much everything you post.

You are like a little toad, who is sitting on a small lily pad in a very tiny pond.

You pretend that the pond is the whole world-- and you pretend your lily pad is an actual throne.

This is the message you are sending to observers of your behavior.

It is so very ... very ...**not** Jesus-of-the-bible.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12496 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Did you learn to belittle people from reading the words of your Jesus?
No?
Interesting.
Then I suspect your Jesus would say to you: "depart from me, I do not know you"
so , I suspect your Jesus would say to you ; "depart from me , I do not know you "
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12497 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
How on **earth** could you TELL?
(if christianity is practiced "correctly")
I am being quite serious, here-- there are 1000's of different bibles, each of which contradict the others, sometimes in very subtle ways, other times in bold and easy-to-spot ways.
Which of these is **correct**, making all the rest **incorrect**?
You cannot have them **all** correct-- that way is utter chaos.
However, it **could** be that they are **all** wrong in at least one or more ways.
Making it **impossible** to be 100% correct about **anything** about christianity.
And since there is one thing they each seem to say? That is, if you get even the **tiniest** detail **wrong**?
It's off to HELL with you.
I suspect you are hell-bound too.
Now.
Ain't it a good thing that there is no such thing as hell or heaven or your god or jesus?
so, I suspect your Jesus "would say to you : "depart from me , I do not know you "
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12498 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
How on **earth** could you TELL?
(if christianity is practiced "correctly")
I am being quite serious, here-- there are 1000's of different bibles, each of which contradict the others, sometimes in very subtle ways, other times in bold and easy-to-spot ways.
Which of these is **correct**, making all the rest **incorrect**?
You cannot have them **all** correct-- that way is utter chaos.
However, it **could** be that they are **all** wrong in at least one or more ways.
Making it **impossible** to be 100% correct about **anything** about christianity.
And since there is one thing they each seem to say? That is, if you get even the **tiniest** detail **wrong**?
It's off to HELL with you.
I suspect you are hell-bound too.
Now.
Ain't it a good thing that there is no such thing as hell or heaven or your god or jesus?
quit the drama ..It is obvious , even you understand Jesus's message ..

" so , I suspect your Jesus would say to you : depart from me , I do not know you " ......."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ....teaching Christianity ...Nov 2013 ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12499 Nov 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I'm too busy being self-righteous and denigrating others to pay attention to any real threats."
Should we bother letting "Believer" in on the fact that the xtians are the FIRST target of Islam (since they can't get to the Jews)?
..I take umbrage ...We are "more" Jewish than than the Jews ...We actually , worship their messiah ...

and , to be honest ..the Jews are still taking the brunt of it ..Muslims have yet , to openly declare war on Christians ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12500 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
If we leave the islamicist alone to wallow in their own filth and poverty?
They **will** destroy each other from within.
If they have no enemies from the outside? They turn on each other like rabid rats.
Proof?
Look at the slow destruction of their "civilization". Their cities are in ruins. Their "governments" are just bullies-with-guns.
I remember when it was safe to travel to Iran, and the cities were bright, shining and safe-- this was before islam got ahold of the government reins.
THIS IS A LESSON WE NEED TO HEED:
Anytime RELIGION is in CONTROL of power? You get CHAOS, DESTRUCTION.
Remember the Dark Ages, when Christianity was IN CHARGE?
..they "weren't" dark ..the bubonic plague just kinda kicked our ass ...We , just weren't doing as well as Islamic or Oriental societies ..with 40% of our pop. dead ..

And , Who still came out on top ...?( not including Japan or China )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12501 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Edit:
What were the last words of Jesus-- as he hung on the cross.
I see my previous post is somewhat ambiguous.
Kinda important event here-- if the 4 gospels are ... ahem "witness".
..ha ha ha ...You got me over a barrel ...damn your eyes ...

....very , well played ....!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12502 Nov 10, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>so , I suspect your Jesus would say to you ; "depart from me , I do not know you "
It's not **my** Jesus, silly billy!

I do not have a zombie-god.

That was for **you**

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12503 Nov 10, 2013
number four wrote:
"Bob of Quantum-Faith" ....teaching Christianity ...Nov 2013
It is a sad day, when an **atheist** must school a Genuine Christian™ in christianity.

Seriously.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12504 Nov 10, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..they "weren't" dark ..the bubonic plague just kinda kicked our ass ...We , just weren't doing as well as Islamic or Oriental societies ..with 40% of our pop. dead ..
And , Who still came out on top ...?( not including Japan or China )
Yes, the bubonic plague-- when Genuine Christianity™ was **literally** the **law** of the land!

And where was your god **then**?

Genuine Christianity™ was the government, the leadership, the everything---

-- yet, the plague happened anyway.

What happened? Was your god too busy playing golf? Perhaps he was out to lunch?

The funny thing is?

**RELIGION** did **NOTHING** about the plague-- it took **science**-- purely **secular** non-god SCIENCE to figure out how to stop the plague....!

Not your god.

Not your Jewsus.

But atheistic science.

How about ****that****....

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12505 Nov 11, 2013
Your belittling attitude screams forth from pretty much everything you post.
You are like a little toad, who is sitting on a small lily pad in a very tiny pond.
You pretend that the pond is the whole world-- and you pretend your lily pad is an actual throne.
This is the message you are sending to observers of your behavior.
It is so very ... very ...**not** Jesus-of-the-bible.
Don't you think Madam Skeptic should be the one responded (and not you) is she feels "belittled"? Maybe she is pondering for the first time what on earth she had been talking about all the time? Maybe she'd finally dump her broken vinyl record player for good? Maybe she's be overjoyed by such enlightenment that she'd want to hug me?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12506 Nov 11, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think Madam Skeptic should be the one responded (and not you) is she feels "belittled"? Maybe she is pondering for the first time what on earth she had been talking about all the time? Maybe she'd finally dump her broken vinyl record player for good? Maybe she's be overjoyed by such enlightenment that she'd want to hug me?
Look at your filthy creationist language - you call me woman because you disrespect them - lie your cult orders you to.
But like all creationists liars you have no proof of god and RUN SCARED from the question

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#12507 Nov 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
And I think you give Jesus too much credit. He contributed nothing original and valuable to moral philosophy or metaphysics. If you disagree, perhaps you could offer a few counterexamples.
number four wrote:
Jesus taught "not to destroy your enemies ..this was totally new ; and has never been repeated ..
That wasn't original, and it has been repeated often.

Jehovah teaches that if somebody doesn't worship you, that it is infinitely good to keep them alive forever just to torture them. Do you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are two facets of the same agent?
number four wrote:
Jesus taught ...that those who wish to be the greatest among us , must be servants
That's also not original. Buddha also taught humility and service, as did Confucius.
number four wrote:
he taught against accumulation of wealth , power , pride
None of that was original, either, and depending what you mean by wealth, power and pride, it may not be good advice. The unprincipled pursuit of excessive wealth and power are immoral, but working to accumulate enough wealth and power to provide for the needs and reasonable wants of the self, family and community are not. Vanity and conceit are not virtues, but self-respect is.
number four wrote:
He taught us to call God ( Abba ) father ...
That part probably wasn't original either. My guess is that the Jews called their god father as well. Either way, do you consider that a great moral contribution?

My point is that Jesus is called a great moral pillar and ethical genius, but I can't the evidence for that. He seems to have repeated a few good ideas and come up with a few of his own of little or no value.

Where are his words about justice, courage, loyalty, industry, self-discipline, democracy, and freedom, for example? Can you be a moral genius without addressing those matters?

He talks about love, but the examples are deformed, being primarily about man's love of the god, which is not really love, since love is defined by what done for the object of love, and by the god's love of man, which is defined in terms of blood sacrifice and torture.

The admonition to hate family and join Jesus seems like poorly chosen words at best, and bad advice if taken literally. Likewise with turning the other cheek. Doesn't that invite further violence if taken literally? Why is meekness a virtue?

Apart from the Golden Rule, which Jesus borrowed from his predecessors, The Christian moral code seems deficient in places and defective in others to me. Do you disagree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min janeebee 67,849
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 3 hr Eagle 12 15
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Dogen 3,593
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr Dogen 28,723
Where have all the Atheists gone? 10 hr Eagle 12 19
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
More from around the web