Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12363 Nov 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not write half-- that is you, lying again.
It's what you do-- you lie.
And one more time: you are not pro-life. You are pro-birth, and pro-starvation.
You are one selfish and greedy drunk.
..Somebody ; has to defend the right of those , who can "not" defend themselves ..

As, for being pro-starvation ..Hey , who can't stand to lose a few pounds ...???....that's all I'm sayin'..

Las Vegas, NV

#12364 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
What you think is "hostility"? Is derision and disgust.
Go buy a dictionary-- you do not know the meaning of words.
..alas...there's lots of things , I don't know ..
LCNLin

United States

#12365 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa ...I'm "not" selfish ..
Bob is always correct in Bob's OPINION.
Take his posts with a grain a salt?
LOL

Las Vegas, NV

#12366 Nov 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is simple - your liars with no proof of god, whining at atheists who keep pointing this simple fact out to you.
Why do you inflict your mental illness upon us in such a cowardly way?
If you want us to believe you, just prove it.
..Hey , leave my liars out of this ....this, is betwixt you and I ; just like 1776 all over again ...

Look , nothing moves without being pushed ..an outside force created the Universe ..( chaos theory turned out to be a red herring ).

How can you explain mans conscience ..

How can you explain the order of the stars and heavenly bodies , and cells so complex they boggle the mind ..

Nations that outlaw freedom conscience ; ( every single one of them ) are nations ,that are unfit for human life ...

And, we have the Holy scriptures ..

I don't know , what you expect from God ...seek and you will find , knock and the door "will" be opened ..!

God is not going to force you , against you're (ha ha) will ..

Las Vegas, NV

#12367 Nov 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob is always correct in Bob's OPINION.
Take his posts with a grain a salt?
LOL
Much obliged ..( but , "bobbi's" opinions actually require , a great deal more salt !)
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#12368 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If you dog pees on the carpet ...and, you put it outside ; did you stop loving it ...eh ?
I think you are confusing ; justice with indifference eh..?
You analogy is totally out to lunch. You cannot compare the ethical and moral standards of an animal to that of a human. A dog when hungry, will devour anything that he finds, a human cannot. A dog does not have the brains to analyse like we humans do.

The problem with you theists is that you will come up with an answer irrespective of stupid it may be, but you will always find an answer of some sort. That is quote by an atheist that says "I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t".

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12369 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa ...I'm "not" selfish ..
Oh, but you are: selfish and greed go hand-in-glove.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12370 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah , I was afraid that is what you meant ; to be honest reading this post , wasn't really the best way to start my weekend ..
You **could** change, if you really wanted to.

Start by giving up your greed-based religion, Genuine Christianity™.

It isn't all that hard to do, either-- all you have to do? Is to **think** for the first time in your life...

... wait....

........ in your case?
... that may no longer be possible.

Sorry about that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12371 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah...sorry bout' that .." I tried to use shame " ...but, Hey I'm not a victim , call me whatever your ( pink and healthy " you claim " ) hearts desires ....
You **are** a victim of your own poor choices.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12372 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Somebody ; has to defend the right of those , who can "not" defend themselves ..
As, for being pro-starvation ..Hey , who can't stand to lose a few pounds ...???....that's all I'm sayin'..
You are **not** repeat **not** pro-life.

You just are not: you are **against** any and all social programs which would help infants, children and the old.

For those folk are the recipients of the **majority** of the food stamp monies.

A program you are **against**--

-- you are not pro-life.

You are just pro-revenge: you want to **punish** any woman who **dares** to enjoy herself with sex.

That is **all** that it is, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12373 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..alas...there's lots of things , I don't know ..
Indeed.

Try reading a **book** for a change, instead of reaching for that six pack...

Las Vegas, NV

#12374 Nov 2, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You analogy is totally out to lunch. You cannot compare the ethical and moral standards of an animal to that of a human. A dog when hungry, will devour anything that he finds, a human cannot. A dog does not have the brains to analyse like we humans do.
The problem with you theists is that you will come up with an answer irrespective of stupid it may be, but you will always find an answer of some sort. That is quote by an atheist that says "I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t".
..I see your problem , it is that a child you were brought up as a Shit'te ...and, that of course that is the root of your mental confusion ...eh..

Nah , I'm just joshing ( and making fun of "MUQ" )..eh..

I do see , that you take exception with those of us who assert certainty ..just , because you remain on the fence ...don't begrudge those ,who do not ..eh..

I think you may have failed to see my point ..eh.. You love "said" puppy ..and, while spending the night outside is a brutal and horrifying experience , urine does not belong on the carpet !!!..as, I keep trying to explain to my roommate ..!!

Las Vegas, NV

#12375 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You are **not** repeat **not** pro-life.
You just are not: you are **against** any and all social programs which would help infants, children and the old.
For those folk are the recipients of the **majority** of the food stamp monies.
A program you are **against**--
-- you are not pro-life.
You are just pro-revenge: you want to **punish** any woman who **dares** to enjoy herself with sex.
That is **all** that it is, too.
Well , I'm my defense ..recipients ..that I ,have came across , are ; men addicted to alcohol and haven't had a job since 'swatch watches ' were cool , Women who pump out child after child knowing full well , every little bundle of joy is another check in the mail , and the polygamists who get so much aid, nobody has to work ..

A woman has more to offer , than just her vagina ..yes , I believe our society has become much too sexualized ...

again politics are much more complicated , than you seem to grasp ..a handful of politicians offered a budget deal that cut into 'snap' programs (among others)....And, now this seems to be you're (ha ha) only rallying cry ...manufactured indignation , Anyone ..???

Las Vegas, NV

#12376 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You **are** a victim of your own poor choices.
..actually ; I own my poor choices ..

And, yes testicle piercings ..was, a poor choice ..I know that, now !

Las Vegas, NV

#12377 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You **could** change, if you really wanted to.
Start by giving up your greed-based religion, Genuine Christianity™.
It isn't all that hard to do, either-- all you have to do? Is to **think** for the first time in your life...
... wait....
........ in your case?
... that may no longer be possible.
Sorry about that.
..apology accepted ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#12378 Nov 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
We are told that a third of the angels severed that bond, and they had a good look at heaven and its god first. What do you suppose that they knew that we can't know yet? Why aren't we permitted to hear their reasons from them, or how they feel about their choice now?
number four wrote:
yep..fully one third of the Angels ( sometimes I call them angles , it's my stupid auto correct ..just, so you know ..) severed that bond .. The fallen Angels were amazing creatures full of intellect , beauty , inner strength ...they felt they didn't need God ..that worship of God is for the weak minded , low intelligences , brain washed serving godbots ...Demons , have a high opinion of themselves ..
Our freewill is here and now, some of strive for Gods kingdom ; some don't ..
You are not obligated to answer any questions with words, but evading them is also an answer of sorts, one that says that you have no answer.

I realize that. The questions are really rhetorical questions - questions making a statement rather than seeking information. You're not alone.

Those are among dozens of questions that an open-minded person might like answered before he accepts Christianity's claims. The absence of any good answer is answer enough.
Let me ask you again: Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?
number four wrote:
I'm not trying to shut you down , but your question seems moot ..If I make my choice "now" ( God or perdition )..why, would I want to change it , in Heaven ..?
My question is not moot (modern sense) if you believe that you are working for a place in heaven, or think that it might be possible.

Should I ask you a third time ("Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?"), or shall we just end this one the same way we did the last one?

Fennario

#12379 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Bite your tongue ,man ..!!..I've seen those females , that go to local free clinics ..I would want to touch them with a stick ...
Your post answering mine at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... got screwed up. Would you try it again? I'm most interested in the part that asks why you consider a god that keeps souls conscious after their deaths just to make them suffer forever to the benefit of nobody for the crime of not worshiping - and without hope of parole - is merciful. You also consider him just and loving, correct? I get petty, capricious, vindictive, narcissistic, sadistic and unforgiving from that. Why don't you?

Incidentally, I will away from home for the week beginning tomorrow (Sunday) morning, and possibly not on Topix, as I may not have easy Internet access, so, if your replies come later than that, I'll get to them when I am able.

Fennario

#12380 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>oops ..I tried to put my replies into your post ( as you have so clearly done ) and only my last was birthed ...
OK - I didn't see this until after that last post.

If you want to intersperse your answers between bits of the post you are responding to, make certain that each piece that you addressing is flanked by the proper QUOTE tags - the ones that the Topix software puts on the old post. One way to do this is to break apart the old post and add headers to the parts that need them, and tails to the others. Or, you can just copy and paste the old post each time, and edit it down to the snippet you are answering.
number four wrote:
(A)..When we judge the God of the Old Testament , I find it unfair to use modern day understanding of life , liberty and justice ...Ancient religions ( mankind in general ) were quite cruel towards the "other" ..So, when the Lord revealed Himself to Abraham , I think humans dispense what they considered moral behavior into their worship ..
Then you think that the values of a god can fall to the level that man is at, and the god still be perfect? I don't. I think that that is evidence that men wrote those words using the values of the time.
number four wrote:
(A1)..My point , Yahweh brought personal relationship , care for the down trodden , blessings for the just ...something , I doubt you could find in Poseidon , Odin highfather or that coyote god ..
That pattern is consistent with the idea that men from one of several extant cultures invented those ideas. I don't believe that a god would no have a chosen people that it favored.
number four wrote:
(B)..Sin and separation from God , is the fault of our first parents ..not Gods .
I thought we weren't to judge ancients through modern eyes. I guess I misunderstood

What I see in your answer is that you give your god a pass for his failures, and blame his creations, the victims of those failures. I don't.

Here are my values: if you are omniscient and omnipotent, and know in advance that the beings you will be creating will be sinning, then that is your will and your responsibility. If you then blame the creation and punish it with torture, you aren't a good, kind, loving, just or merciful god. You the petty, capricious, vindictive, narcissistic, sadistic and unforgiving god I just described.
number four wrote:
(B)..Why , Hell is justified ... Lets look at the nature of the "one" offended ...If I take a bat to my dog ...punishment...therapy and medication If I attack President Obama with a bat ..punishment..20 years and a book signing . If I attack (with a bat ) My dotting old mother ..punishment..I should be shot thru the skull and fed to the pigs ...
Sorry, my friend, but you really have nothing to offer me regarding morals. You have those Old Testament values in 2013. Many Christians think just like you do. I don't consider the fact that the church does that to be a public good.

According to humanist values, torture is not a virtue, not even torturing vicious people. And torturing people for unbelief is monstrous.
number four wrote:
..And...You Heathens " KEEP FORGETTING " ...you , can "always" ask for forgiveness ...Hell , does not have to be our final end ..
Forgiveness for what? Being born human? I celebrate that.

Fennario

#12381 Nov 2, 2013
number four wrote:
How can you explain mans conscience ..
How can you explain the order of the stars and heavenly bodies , and cells so complex they boggle the mind ..
Those are more powerful arguments against an uncreated god than they are against an uncreated universe containing uncreated cells with a uncreated consciences.

After all, what is the most complex - and therefore least likely to exist uncreated - thing you can imagine?

Las Vegas, NV

#12382 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are not obligated to answer any questions with words, but evading them is also an answer of sorts, one that says that you have no answer.
I realize that. The questions are really rhetorical questions - questions making a statement rather than seeking information. You're not alone.
Those are among dozens of questions that an open-minded person might like answered before he accepts Christianity's claims. The absence of any good answer is answer enough.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My question is not moot (modern sense) if you believe that you are working for a place in heaven, or think that it might be possible.
Should I ask you a third time ("Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?"), or shall we just end this one the same way we did the last one?
..okay..I don't how to deal with your sort ; you actually ask questions you want answers to ..I'm not actually used to dealing with grown-ups on this thread ..my apologies ..

1) Yes , of course you still possess freewill , could you still sin ?.."no"..Could you maliciously hurt someone , you love more than life itself ?.. that's ludicrous ..triple exclamation point .

2) As to how Angels or fallen Angels feel about their choices ..I can only to speak to the former , and according to scriptures they are constantly singing praises and hallelujahs ...now , that's a party ..!

3) I couldn't find anything to respond to , in the top paragraph " It ain't necessarily so " ....did I , perchance miss another query ...??...Your opinion matters ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min It aint necessari... 16,349
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Regolith Based Li... 40,811
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min ChristineM 256,103
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr thetruth 94
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 2 hr Eagle 12 28
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 20,622
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 3,774
More from around the web