Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
11,861 - 11,880 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Sin destroys the relationship betwixt man and God ...when , the veil is torn and we can finally see our Creator face to face ...it's , absurd to believe we would choose to sever that loving bond ..

We are told that a third of the angels severed that bond, and they had a good look at heaven and its god first. What do you suppose that they knew that we can't know yet? Why aren't we permitted to hear their reasons from them, or how they feel about their choice now?

Let me ask you again: Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>

You are one selfish and greedy drunk.
..whoa ...I'm "not" selfish ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We are told that a third of the angels severed that bond, and they had a good look at heaven and its god first. What do you suppose that they knew that we can't know yet? Why aren't we permitted to hear their reasons from them, or how they feel about their choice now?
Let me ask you again: Do you expect to still have your free will in heaven, or to be stripped of it between here and there?
yep..fully one third of the Angels ( sometimes I call them angles , it's my stupid auto correct ..just, so you know ..) severed that bond ..

The fallen Angels were amazing creatures full of intellect , beauty , inner strength ...they felt they didn't need God ..that worship of God is for the weak minded , low intelligences , brain washed serving godbots ...Demons , have a high opinion of themselves ..

Our freewill is here and now, some of strive for Gods kingdom ; some don't ..

I'm not trying to shut you down , but your question seems moot ..If I make my choice "now" ( God or perdition )..why, would I want to change it , in Heaven ..?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The first decision concerns deciding whether the stories are man-made myths or the word of the universe's creator. You make it all sound so anthropogenic. Why would should the tales of the one true god be compared to local mythologies? Why are they comparable?
<quoted text>..I don't think we can judge others morality from different eras ,( can future man consider us barbarians for eating meat , and burning fossil fuels ?)..I just wanted to point out, to all those who claim God of the Old Testament was cruel ..unfair..As , He was the very best of every other , of mans religions ..
Those may be the words used by that god's obsequious followers to describe it, but the various tales tell a different story. The Christian god doesn't actually have those qualities.
Consider mercy. What mercy? For what? Offending him with the sinful nature with which he built us? How hard is that for a merciful being? And what's with this hell for eternity punishment with no hope of forgiveness of parole for offending him? I have more mercy than that. I wouldn't send you to hell, and if I did it wouldn't be forever with no hope of parole. Where's the mercy in that? How could you be less merciful than that?
<quoted text>..Our first parents were the ones who rebelled , they are the ones who soiled and separated us from God ..

We have to look at the nature of the one offended ..which is worse , beating my dog with a bat , beating President Obama , or beating my doting old Mother ...depending on this , the 1st crime maybe I just need therapy and medicine ..#2, twenty years in the can ..#3, shot thru the head and fed to the pigs ..
Many retired physicians continue to do pelvic exams at local free clinics just to keep a hand in.
..Bite your tongue ,man ..!!..I've seen those females , that go to local free clinics ..I would want to touch them with a stick ...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm saying you are a drunk, a wasted life, and devoid of basic humanity.
..yeah , I was afraid that is what you meant ; to be honest reading this post , wasn't really the best way to start my weekend ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The first decision concerns deciding whether the stories are man-made myths or the word of the universe's creator. You make it all sound so anthropogenic. Why would should the tales of the one true god be compared to local mythologies? Why are they comparable?
<quoted text>
Those may be the words used by that god's obsequious followers to describe it, but the various tales tell a different story. The Christian god doesn't actually have those qualities.
Consider mercy. What mercy? For what? Offending him with the sinful nature with which he built us? How hard is that for a merciful being? And what's with this hell for eternity punishment with no hope of forgiveness of parole for offending him? I have more mercy than that. I wouldn't send you to hell, and if I did it wouldn't be forever with no hope of parole. Where's the mercy in that? How could you be less merciful than that?
<quoted text>
Many retired physicians continue to do pelvic exams at local free clinics just to keep a hand in.
oops ..I tried to put my replies into your post ( as you have so clearly done ) and only my last was birthed ...

(A)..When we judge the God of the Old Testament , I find it unfair to use modern day understanding of life , liberty and justice ...Ancient religions ( mankind in general ) were quite cruel towards the "other" ..So, when the Lord revealed Himself to Abraham , I think humans dispense what they considered moral behavior into their worship ..

(A1)..My point , Yahweh brought personal relationship , care for the down trodden , blessings for the just ...something , I doubt you could find in Poseidon , Odin highfather or that coyote god ..

(B)..Sin and separation from God , is the fault of our first parents ..not Gods .

(B)..Why , Hell is justified ...
Lets look at the nature of the "one" offended ...If I take a bat to my dog ...punishment...therapy and medication

If I attack President Obama with a bat ..punishment..20 years and a book signing .

If I attack (with a bat ) My dotting old mother ..punishment..I should be shot thru the skull and fed to the pigs ...

..And...You Heathens " KEEP FORGETTING " ...you , can "always" ask for forgiveness ...Hell , does not have to be our final end ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You dish it up, but you cannot take your own medicine?
Typical.
..yeah...sorry bout' that .." I tried to use shame " ...but, Hey I'm not a victim , call me whatever your ( pink and healthy " you claim " ) hearts desires ....

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I did not write half-- that is you, lying again.
It's what you do-- you lie.
And one more time: you are not pro-life. You are pro-birth, and pro-starvation.
You are one selfish and greedy drunk.
..Somebody ; has to defend the right of those , who can "not" defend themselves ..

As, for being pro-starvation ..Hey , who can't stand to lose a few pounds ...???....that's all I'm sayin'..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What you think is "hostility"? Is derision and disgust.
Go buy a dictionary-- you do not know the meaning of words.
..alas...there's lots of things , I don't know ..
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa ...I'm "not" selfish ..
Bob is always correct in Bob's OPINION.
Take his posts with a grain a salt?
LOL

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is simple - your liars with no proof of god, whining at atheists who keep pointing this simple fact out to you.
Why do you inflict your mental illness upon us in such a cowardly way?
If you want us to believe you, just prove it.
..Hey , leave my liars out of this ....this, is betwixt you and I ; just like 1776 all over again ...

Look , nothing moves without being pushed ..an outside force created the Universe ..( chaos theory turned out to be a red herring ).

How can you explain mans conscience ..

How can you explain the order of the stars and heavenly bodies , and cells so complex they boggle the mind ..

Nations that outlaw freedom conscience ; ( every single one of them ) are nations ,that are unfit for human life ...

And, we have the Holy scriptures ..

I don't know , what you expect from God ...seek and you will find , knock and the door "will" be opened ..!

God is not going to force you , against you're (ha ha) will ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob is always correct in Bob's OPINION.
Take his posts with a grain a salt?
LOL
Much obliged ..( but , "bobbi's" opinions actually require , a great deal more salt !)
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>If you dog pees on the carpet ...and, you put it outside ; did you stop loving it ...eh ?
I think you are confusing ; justice with indifference eh..?
You analogy is totally out to lunch. You cannot compare the ethical and moral standards of an animal to that of a human. A dog when hungry, will devour anything that he finds, a human cannot. A dog does not have the brains to analyse like we humans do.

The problem with you theists is that you will come up with an answer irrespective of stupid it may be, but you will always find an answer of some sort. That is quote by an atheist that says "I donít know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didnít".

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa ...I'm "not" selfish ..
Oh, but you are: selfish and greed go hand-in-glove.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah , I was afraid that is what you meant ; to be honest reading this post , wasn't really the best way to start my weekend ..
You **could** change, if you really wanted to.

Start by giving up your greed-based religion, Genuine Christianityô.

It isn't all that hard to do, either-- all you have to do? Is to **think** for the first time in your life...

... wait....

........ in your case?
... that may no longer be possible.

Sorry about that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah...sorry bout' that .." I tried to use shame " ...but, Hey I'm not a victim , call me whatever your ( pink and healthy " you claim " ) hearts desires ....
You **are** a victim of your own poor choices.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Somebody ; has to defend the right of those , who can "not" defend themselves ..
As, for being pro-starvation ..Hey , who can't stand to lose a few pounds ...???....that's all I'm sayin'..
You are **not** repeat **not** pro-life.

You just are not: you are **against** any and all social programs which would help infants, children and the old.

For those folk are the recipients of the **majority** of the food stamp monies.

A program you are **against**--

-- you are not pro-life.

You are just pro-revenge: you want to **punish** any woman who **dares** to enjoy herself with sex.

That is **all** that it is, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..alas...there's lots of things , I don't know ..
Indeed.

Try reading a **book** for a change, instead of reaching for that six pack...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You analogy is totally out to lunch. You cannot compare the ethical and moral standards of an animal to that of a human. A dog when hungry, will devour anything that he finds, a human cannot. A dog does not have the brains to analyse like we humans do.
The problem with you theists is that you will come up with an answer irrespective of stupid it may be, but you will always find an answer of some sort. That is quote by an atheist that says "I donít know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didnít".
..I see your problem , it is that a child you were brought up as a Shit'te ...and, that of course that is the root of your mental confusion ...eh..

Nah , I'm just joshing ( and making fun of "MUQ" )..eh..

I do see , that you take exception with those of us who assert certainty ..just , because you remain on the fence ...don't begrudge those ,who do not ..eh..

I think you may have failed to see my point ..eh.. You love "said" puppy ..and, while spending the night outside is a brutal and horrifying experience , urine does not belong on the carpet !!!..as, I keep trying to explain to my roommate ..!!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are **not** repeat **not** pro-life.
You just are not: you are **against** any and all social programs which would help infants, children and the old.
For those folk are the recipients of the **majority** of the food stamp monies.
A program you are **against**--
-- you are not pro-life.
You are just pro-revenge: you want to **punish** any woman who **dares** to enjoy herself with sex.
That is **all** that it is, too.
Well , I'm my defense ..recipients ..that I ,have came across , are ; men addicted to alcohol and haven't had a job since 'swatch watches ' were cool , Women who pump out child after child knowing full well , every little bundle of joy is another check in the mail , and the polygamists who get so much aid, nobody has to work ..

A woman has more to offer , than just her vagina ..yes , I believe our society has become much too sexualized ...

again politics are much more complicated , than you seem to grasp ..a handful of politicians offered a budget deal that cut into 'snap' programs (among others)....And, now this seems to be you're (ha ha) only rallying cry ...manufactured indignation , Anyone ..???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min Patrick 224,606
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr CunningLinguist 29
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr NightSerf 258
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 3 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 4 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 10 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 10 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••