Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12030 Oct 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have rejected nothing.
It is up to this "god" beast, to prove himself worthy of the title "god".
So far?
It's been an epic fail the part of god--
--- ESPECIALLY?
If you consider ...
.... that **YOU** are apparently god's best effort!
...Going to church and opening a Bible ; is His best effort ..

what's that idiom , leading a horse to water ..

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#12031 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Earlier you wrote that you weren't afraid of death ..that it comes for everybody .
And , now discussing the possibility of starvation ..."death is Evil" ..
There would be no reason for death by starvation if a god existed who could, but chooses not to, prevent it. Death is evil if it is ( and it would have to be) at the hands of an unconcerned or unloving god.
Atheist Silurist

Leeds, UK

#12032 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If you dog pees on the carpet ...and, you put it outside ; did you stop loving it ...eh ?
I think you are confusing ; justice with indifference eh..?
There is a big difference between putting a dog outside for pissing on the carpet than condemning it to eternal torture for its transgressions.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12034 Oct 19, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a concept that there is no English word for,but there is a German word for it which is ,Schadenfreude,pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
I sometimes wonder if the word was created as a description of the people who would wish others to burn in hell for eternity. It seems to describe most of the evangelical religiots ,perfectly.
Hell is the absence of God , but from what I can glean ..you heathens "don't" want God in your lives ..so , what's the big deal ..??

Also , the unrepentant sinner goes to Hell ..fact.. How is this schadenfreude ...???( it means the same thing in English as it does in German )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12035 Oct 19, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference between putting a dog outside for pissing on the carpet than condemning it to eternal torture for its transgressions.
..yep..(but, lets make it a transgression).."the beast attacked your child"..does it "still" just go outside for the night ..??
Atheist Silurist

Leeds, UK

#12036 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yep..(but, lets make it a transgression).."the beast attacked your child"..does it "still" just go outside for the night ..??
If a savage beast did kill a child,dispatching it may well be justified for preventing it from repeating the same act again,but what monstrous cretin would wish it to suffer for eternity?
Atheist Silurist

Leeds, UK

#12037 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is the absence of God , but from what I can glean ..you heathens "don't" want God in your lives ..so , what's the big deal ..??
Also , the unrepentant sinner goes to Hell ..fact.. How is this schadenfreude ...???( it means the same thing in English as it does in German )
What god should we take into our lives? is the muslim god better than no god? What about the Flying Spaghetti monster? will that god do?
So,believing in any old bollocks is better than not believing any religious superstitious bollocks at all?
Atheist Silurist

Leeds, UK

#12038 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is the absence of God , but from what I can glean ..you heathens "don't" want God in your lives ..so , what's the big deal ..??
"the unrepentant sinner goes to Hell ..fact.. How is this schadenfreude"

It's schadenfreude because you want it to be true so much that you have convinced yourself that it's a fact. Like I said,the word must have bean invented to describe people of your ilk.

Location hidden

#12039 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
It is only a fact in your opinion or should I say your religious choice states this. That does not make it fact.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12040 Oct 19, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If a savage beast did kill a child,dispatching it may well be justified for preventing it from repeating the same act again,but what monstrous cretin would wish it to suffer for eternity?
God does not wish the destruction of the wicked , merely that they would change their ways ...( Ezekiel 33:11, and 2 Peter 3:9 )..

What you atheists purport to believe ...IS ACTUALLY , contrary to what Christians believe , and contrary to what the Bible actually teaches ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12041 Oct 19, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only a fact in your opinion or should I say your religious choice states this. That does not make it fact.
..or..It's a *fact*, that you just happen not to accept ..eh..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12042 Oct 19, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"the unrepentant sinner goes to Hell ..fact.. How is this schadenfreude"
It's schadenfreude because you want it to be true so much that you have convinced yourself that it's a fact. Like I said,the word must have bean invented to describe people of your ilk.
..I'm pretty sure the word " REPENT " ,usually precedes the words " you're going to burn in Hell."
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12043 Oct 19, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What god should we take into our lives? is the muslim god better than no god? What about the Flying Spaghetti monster? will that god do?
So,believing in any old bollocks is better than not believing any religious superstitious bollocks at all?
..You're just being sociable , You don't really care what my answer is ..

time to put "bollocks" away ..it doesn't mean anything in 'american'..I think it's okay to use "bullshit" ..( it's a tad more manly )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12044 Oct 19, 2013
sensible wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist and I think you are a dumphuck.
..dump truck ..is misspelled ,.......And, you think "-Skeptic-" IS A DUMP TRUCK ..???

...well , now I've seen everything ...

Location hidden

#12045 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..or..It's a *fact*, that you just happen not to accept ..eh..?
Or it's not a fact any more that my opinion is fact.... eh..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12046 Oct 19, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be no reason for death by starvation if a god existed who could, but chooses not to, prevent it. Death is evil if it is ( and it would have to be) at the hands of an unconcerned or unloving god.
A God who gives his children free will ...and, besides it's been centuries since crop failures have actually caused starvation ...(of the many cases I can recall)...the culprit is War or corruption ( militants actually commandeering the aid meant for the suffering .)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12047 Oct 19, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it's not a fact any more that my opinion is fact.... eh..?
Well..there is that possibility ...

I'm proud of you "I_see_you" ..Three 'whole' posts and you didn't bring up testicles 'once'...!..( unlike that weirdo from the U.K.)

Location hidden

#12048 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A God who gives his children free will ...and, besides it's been centuries since crop failures have actually caused starvation ...(of the many cases I can recall)...the culprit is War or corruption ( militants actually commandeering the aid meant for the suffering .)
Unnecessary deaths are not always caused by the person who dies. Unnecessary deaths should not exist if there were an omnipotent god in existence.

Also, if I believed that god did exist I could most certainly say that he did not give me free will. If he is omnipotent then he shouldn't create me and then tell me that I have to love him, or he will punish me by throwing me into a fiery pit. Sorry, to be quite honest I can't say that I wouldn't choose his ever fiery pit over following someone or something that is such a horrible creator in the first place. Just sayin.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12049 Oct 19, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Unnecessary deaths are not always caused by the person who dies. Unnecessary deaths should not exist if there were an omnipotent god in existence.
Also, if I believed that god did exist I could most certainly say that he did not give me free will. If he is omnipotent then he shouldn't create me and then tell me that I have to love him, or he will punish me by throwing me into a fiery pit. Sorry, to be quite honest I can't say that I wouldn't choose his ever fiery pit over following someone or something that is such a horrible creator in the first place. Just sayin.
..BOLLOCKS ..( that means balls )..

Are you the type a parent , who won't give a child a bicycle or in-line skates ...because , they might fall down and skin their knee ..?...Well, neither is God ..

He created 'you' because He loves you and wants 'you' with Him in Heaven ...but, He doesn't need robots , so this life is one of choice ..
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#12050 Oct 19, 2013
Peace & Holiness In The End Times

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 13 min Eagle 12 - 1,419
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 49 min Rose_NoHo 1,177
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr u196533dm 32,462
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 7 hr Ben Avraham 100
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
More from around the web