Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12010 Oct 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet?
People like you keep voting AGAINST programs that would DO EXACTLY THAT!
You republicans are **against** welfare programs-- which feed the needy.
You republicans are **against** the Affordable care act-- which heals the sick.
You republicans are **against** building regulations which make builders construct dwellings that can withstand natural events.
You are **SUCH** a hypocrite.
You are **SUCH** a whiner .

It's obvious you want the "state" to take care of you ...and, you dared to call yourself a libertarian ...you are nothing but a 170 lb. leech ..

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12011 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You are **SUCH** a whiner .
It's obvious you want the "state" to take care of you ...and, you dared to call yourself a libertarian ...you are nothing but a 170 lb. leech ..
Go away cultbot.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12012 Oct 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away cultbot.
...YOU KNOW I CAN'T LEAVE MY APARTMENT ...!!..With this court ordered ankle monitor ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12013 Oct 19, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions, with their demi-gods and their prophets, their messiahs and their saints, were created by the prejudiced fancy of men who had not attained the full development and full possession of their faculties. Consequently, the religious heaven is nothing but the mirage in which man, exalted by ignorance and faith, discovered his own image, but enlarged and reversed.
If man invented a loving creator , why include Hell ..???

(b) Some of our faiths have been operating for centuries and in many cases millennia ; they must be doing something right ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12014 Oct 19, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t.
The conception of gods orignated in fear and curiosity. Primitive man unable to understand the phenomena of nature and harrassed by them, saw in every terrifying manifestation some sinister force expressly directed against him, and as ignornace and fear are the parents of all superstition, the troubled fancy of primitive man wove the God idea.
Ah , yes Mankind does tend towards the supernatural ...this "I" believe is because, we are 'hardwired' to worship ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12015 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
It is you, coward, who is afraid of DEATH.
I'm not-- it will happen when it happens. Nothing I can do about that.
But you? You are afraid-- so you fabricate delusions and stupid bullshit (god).
That would be fine-- if that was ALL you did.
But NO.
You try to force your bullshit onto everyone around you!
That, we cannot abide.
...You would have us watch our fellow men stumble blindly off a cliff ? Life is not meaningless , how you live it, will define your eternity ...

(How many times have you heard this ..??...And, at your death will you still claim ignorance ...?..If , you reject God , He will reject you ..)
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#12016 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If man invented a loving creator , why include Hell ..???
(b) Some of our faiths have been operating for centuries and in many cases millennia ; they must be doing something right ...
Who said that the "creator" is loving? He is loving only on his terms - cash in exchange for credit. He has all the hallmarks of a con-artist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12017 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>God is responsible when drought or ice , destroys the crops ..but, if starvation is caused by War , or those who have abundance do little to nothing to feed the hungry ,well then that's on us , God won't force people to act ..
So your god simply sits by, eating pop-corn, when people are starving?

Okay.

That's pretty evil-- even for you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12018 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The human family trees has holes ...it's 2013..and, yet we don't even know where homo sapiens came from ...
You did not answer the question.

Can you name **one**(1) such "hole"?

I see you still cannot-- sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12019 Oct 19, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t.
The conception of gods orignated in fear and curiosity. Primitive man unable to understand the phenomena of nature and harrassed by them, saw in every terrifying manifestation some sinister force expressly directed against him, and as ignornace and fear are the parents of all superstition, the troubled fancy of primitive man wove the God idea.
Agreed: if by an ugly and impossible twist of fate, god turns out to be real after all?

He has **much** to apologize for--

-- and if he begs, maybe I'll consider forgiving him.

I won't be alone in this, either...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12020 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You are **SUCH** a whiner .
It's obvious you want the "state" to take care of you
Nope. I've never even taken one food stamp, or a single welfare payment-- even though I've been without food on occasion when times were really harsh.

But you ReThugs? You are so NOT LIKE your Jesus.

You are as selfish as it's possible to be-- and more.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12021 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If man invented a loving creator , why include Hell ..???
Because what really sets True Believers™ apart from the rest?

Is their horrid desire to see **other** people in deep sh7t.

The deeper-- the more shytty-- the happier the True Believer™ seems to be.

So they invented hell to feed their sadistic desire to see others hurt.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12022 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah , yes Mankind does tend towards the supernatural ...this "I" believe is because, we are 'hardwired' to worship ..
That's pretty much 100% bullsh7t.

Just so you know...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12023 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You would have us watch our fellow men stumble blindly off a cliff ?
No-- if the cliff was provably REAL? Then it won't be you True Believers™ rushing to prevent them falling to their deaths.

No-- your sort would be the ones egging the would-be suicide to jump and quick! Your favorite TV show is about to start, and you don't want to miss either your show, or some poor slob plummeting to his untimely demise.

I try to never underestimate you True Believers™ need to see other people suffer.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12024 Oct 19, 2013
number four wrote:
(How many times have you heard this ..??...And, at your death will you still claim ignorance ...?..If , you reject God , He will reject you ..)
I have rejected nothing.

It is up to this "god" beast, to prove himself worthy of the title "god".

So far?

It's been an epic fail the part of god--

--- ESPECIALLY?

If you consider ...

.... that **YOU** are apparently god's best effort!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12025 Oct 19, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that the "creator" is loving? He is loving only on his terms - cash in exchange for credit. He has all the hallmarks of a con-artist.
Indeed.

The North American native tribe's Coyote is more my kind of deity anyhow.

Much more honest about his motives.

:)
Atheist Silurist

Leeds, UK

#12026 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Because what really sets True Believers™ apart from the rest?
Is their horrid desire to see **other** people in deep sh7t.
The deeper-- the more shytty-- the happier the True Believer™ seems to be.
So they invented hell to feed their sadistic desire to see others hurt.
It's a concept that there is no English word for,but there is a German word for it which is ,Schadenfreude,pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
I sometimes wonder if the word was created as a description of the people who would wish others to burn in hell for eternity. It seems to describe most of the evangelical religiots ,perfectly.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12027 Oct 19, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dog pees on the carpet ...and, you put it outside ; did you stop loving it ...eh ?

I think you are confusing ; justice with indifference eh..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12028 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You did not answer the question.
Can you name **one**(1) such "hole"?
I see you still cannot-- sad.
..FINE..!!..elucidate me .."From which hominid , did homo sapiens sprout from ?"
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12029 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
So your god simply sits by, eating pop-corn, when people are starving?
Okay.
That's pretty evil-- even for you.
..Earlier you wrote that you weren't afraid of death ..that it comes for everybody .

And , now discussing the possibility of starvation ..."death is Evil" ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 6,002
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 150
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Samuel Patre 94,398
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 11 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... May 24 nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20