Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12667 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#11863 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/ 3400/4621468913_b220573c63.jpg
Suits you.
dumping a jpeg without refutation is the best you can do?

I rest my case.
LCNLin

United States

#11864 Sep 26, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
That stupid claim was already addressed a few post ago, you can't read? Also check this thread:
http://www.topix.com/religion/islam/2013/09/1...
skippy may be one reason atheist are at 2% and declining in America?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11865 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>look, why play shy ...privacy as a concept has long been withered and dead ...
I'm sure you find Abortion as a brutal practice ...but, I'm sure you support it ...
It's very much like American football , eh ?
Your being sure is incorrect on both accounts... However I am also a person who looks at the big picture of every contradictory issue.

I hate football.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11866 Sep 26, 2013
Muslims are the living fact of possessing the evil spirit of Muhammad.
Muslims want to shove Muhammad's Sharia law on the world.
That's playing God like Muhammad did in invading cities and towns and subduing non-Muslims under his rule.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11867 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and, you too are using the very same ideology as Lenin ,Pol Pot , Stalin and Mao Zedong ....
Nope. My ideology includes **voting citizenry**. None of those did that.

My ideology includes **rule**of**law**-- in that the LAW is the Supreme Justification for everything else.

None of them did **that** either-- they believed in their own **personal** supremacy, and thought they could do no "wrong".

More over? Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao were **religious** in one or more ways. I know little of Lenin, but he likely was too.

Most Tyrants are; true--many believe **they** are some sort of **god** but that's religion for you:

... no **real** gods come to earth to **police** the place, removing **false** gods...

It appears that all the **real** gods are ...

... missing in action.
number four wrote:
If you had power ...I "know" you would kill ...
Nope. That's the difference between YOU and ME.

For you already **have** killed millions-- by your continued support of the EVIL BIBLE?

You are GUILTY for all the evil committed in it's ugly name...!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11868 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...what abortion is ..(triple exclamation point)..
Do you even know how a child is remove from the womb ...?
2) Do you even care ..?
What business is it of YOURS?

Is it YOUR KID? No?

The butt out-- your ugly religion is NOT ALLOWED to oppress people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11869 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Can I ask "you" ...?..Why is Hitler the boogey man , of the twenty-first century ...???
He "is" demonized ...
but, he killed less than your Atheistic champions . Mao and Joseph
Is it because the Zionist media ..??
Is it because the Germans actually had better weapons ..and scared the crap out of us ..??
or, because they massacred ..using efficiency ...
or, because they used chemicals to murder..
Hitler came to power because too many of you idiot Genuine Christians™ conveniently looked the other way, when hints of atrocity begin to surface.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11870 Sep 26, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
So you suddenly trust Hitler's truthfulness like muslims trust Muhammad? How can this happen to atheists who're not supposed to be very smart? Can't you understand the collection from his Table-Talks? Apparently you wouldn't understand why Muhammad was "peaceful" before he rise to power either.
Here's help for you:
Hitler was born Catholic just as Stalin was born into the Russian Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as many people reject their religious upbringing, as these three men did... historian Allan Bullock writes, Hitler “had no time at all for Catholic teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only for slaves and detesting its ethics.”
Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses.
He called Christianity one of the great “scourges” of history, and said of the Germans,“Let’s be the only people who are immunized against this disease.”(Sounds like you and Bob?)
He promised that “through the peasantry we shall be able to destroy Christianity.” In fact, he blamed the Jews for inventing Christianity. He also condemned Christianity for its opposition to evolution.
Hitler reserved special scorn for the Christian values of equality and compassion, which he identified with weakness. Hitler’s leading advisers like Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrich and Bormann were atheists who hated religion and sought to eradicate its influence in Germany.
During his ascent to power, Hitler needed the support of the German people—both the Bavarian Catholics and the Prussian Lutherans—and to secure this he occasionally used rhetoric such as “I am doing the Lord’s work.” To claim that this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to confuse political opportunism with personal conviction.
Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses.
Richard Evans writes that “the Nazis regarded the churches as the strongest and toughest reservoirs of ideological opposition to the principles they believed in.” Once Hitler and the Nazis came to power, they launched a ruthless drive to subdue and weaken the Christian churches in Germany. Evans points out that after 1937 the policies of Hitler’s government became increasingly anti-religious.
The Nazis stopped celebrating Christmas, and the Hitler Youth recited a prayer thanking the Fuhrer rather than God for their blessings. Clergy regarded as “troublemakers” were ordered not to preach, hundreds of them were imprisoned, and many were simply murdered. Churches were under constant Gestapo surveillance. The Nazis closed religious schools, forced Christian organizations to disband, dismissed civil servants who were practicing Christians, confiscated church property, and censored religious newspapers.
As historian Richard Weikart documents, both Hitler and Himmler were admirers of Darwin and often spoke of their role as enacting a “law of nature” that guaranteed the “elimination of the unfit.” Weikart argues that Hitler himself “drew upon a bountiful fund of social Darwinist thought to construct his own racist philosophy” and concludes that while Darwinism is not a “sufficient” intellectual explanation for Nazism, it is a “necessary” one. Without Darwinism, there might not have been Nazism.
The Nazis also drew on the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, adapting his atheist philosophy to their crude purposes. Nietzsche’s vision of the ubermensch and his elevation of a new ethic “beyond good and evil” were avidly embraced by Nazi propagandists. Nietzsche’s “will to power” almost became a Nazi recruitment slogan.
http://townhall.com/columnists/dineshdsouza/2...
Oh look!

Another Liar For Jewsus, re-writing history to suit his lies, bigotry and hate.

How... common.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11871 Sep 26, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Your being sure is incorrect on both accounts... However I am also a person who looks at the big picture of every contradictory issue.
I hate football.
..Hate speech reported ....( you are allowed to hate the Cowboys ; .......but 'you' go too far !!)

Las Vegas, NV

#11872 Sep 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler came to power because too many of you idiot Genuine Christians™ conveniently looked the other way, when hints of atrocity begin to surface.
tis' true ....( many of us were taught "not" to question authority )

But, the Allied powers put Germany in a really bad place ...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11873 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hate speech reported ....( you are allowed to hate the Cowboys ; .......but 'you' go too far !!)
lol

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11874 Sep 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>tis' true ....( many of us were taught "not" to question authority )
True.

However, Hitler found a willing people in Genuine Christians™ and soon rose to power.

More skeptical folk may not have been as receptive.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11876 Sep 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hate speech reported ....( you are allowed to hate the Cowboys ; .......but 'you' go too far !!)
Coming from the creationist who condemns everyone to hell..

Location hidden

#11877 Sep 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>tis' true ....( many of us were taught "not" to question authority )
Religious liars like you have proven yourselves to be worthless scum.

When you want to join the real world where people tell the truth and can admit that they are wrong, you are welcome.

Until then, you deserve the mental illness you have locked yourself into.
LCNLin

United States

#11878 Sep 27, 2013
Skippy would love to be in charge of the world ,
LOL

Location hidden

#11879 Sep 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Skippy would love to be in charge of the world ,
LOL
It's ok to admit at you are wrong Lincoln, we already know that you're a liar for your cult.

Las Vegas, NV

#11880 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars like you have proven yourselves to be worthless scum.
When you want to join the real world where people tell the truth and can admit that they are wrong, you are welcome.
Until then, you deserve the mental illness you have locked yourself into.
..Popular Science ..has quit its comment page ..you know , because of too many "trolls" .(individuals who keep posting unkind and hurtful things ...)

Do you know anybody who does that kind of thing ...??

Las Vegas, NV

#11881 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok to admit at you are wrong Lincoln, we already know that you're a liar for your cult.
proof that the Bible is true .."the meek shall inherit the world" ...

Look at our Oceans , being over ran by jelly fish ....is, there anything more meek than squishy stuff , that floats ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#11882 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a position on anything - you're mentally ill and can't accept that Hitler killed people because he was born into your cult.
He said it himself - chritianity motivated him to believe he was absolutely right to kill those people.
That is why cults like creationism are dangerous - people like you will justify anything to get into your imaginary heaven.
That IS why you lie over and over again here isn't it???
Hitler murdered his critics ; and I'm sure manipulated the masses with lies ...So , of course he used Gods name ..what megalomaniac does not ...

Can I ask , do you believe Hitler improved Christians standing in the world ...i.e. Did more come to believe ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#11883 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What business is it of YOURS?
Is it YOUR KID? No?
The butt out-- your ugly religion is NOT ALLOWED to oppress people.
You don't mind when people support the S.P.C.A , or try and protect whales and rhinos ...

I merely wish to protect my own species ..and, you label it oppression ...

somethings not right , in "your" gas tank ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min MikeF 19,053
Reason is the root of mental illness!!! 54 min Thinking 3
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,193
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 7,440
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Thinking 239,259
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 3 hr Exodus771 7,493
News Number of Christians Decline 'Unaffiliated' Ris... 14 hr Thinking 6
More from around the web