Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11849 Sep 25, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Can I ask "you" ...?..Why is Hitler the boogey man , of the twenty-first century ...???
He "is" demonized ...
but, he killed less than your Atheistic champions . Mao and Joseph
Is it because the Zionist media ..??
Is it because the Germans actually had better weapons ..and scared the crap out of us ..??
or, because they massacred ..using efficiency ...
or, because they used chemicals to murder..
Are you a nazi supporter?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11850 Sep 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think you should inquire as to what my position on abortion is before you start to harp on how horrible it is?
And the answer is yes to both of your questions.
What's there to ask ..??..I say it is murder ..."you" say it is a Woman's choice ....
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11851 Sep 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a nazi supporter?
Don't you think you should inquire about what my position is on Nazism is before you begin to harp on how horrible it is ..??

the answer is .??..."strongly disagree" ..

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11852 Sep 25, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>What's there to ask ..??..I say it is murder ..."you" say it is a Woman's choice ....
I never have you any opinion on abortion actually...but I can see you have a controlling personality since u decided to make my opinion for me.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11853 Sep 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Rusty, its undeniable he did it for religious reasons - only creationists liars deny the hard facts.
So you suddenly trust Hitler's truthfulness like muslims trust Muhammad? How can this happen to atheists who're not supposed to be very smart? Can't you understand the collection from his Table-Talks? Apparently you wouldn't understand why Muhammad was "peaceful" before he rise to power either.

Here's help for you:

Hitler was born Catholic just as Stalin was born into the Russian Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as many people reject their religious upbringing, as these three men did... historian Allan Bullock writes, Hitler “had no time at all for Catholic teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only for slaves and detesting its ethics.”

Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses.

He called Christianity one of the great “scourges” of history, and said of the Germans,“Let’s be the only people who are immunized against this disease.”(Sounds like you and Bob?)

He promised that “through the peasantry we shall be able to destroy Christianity.” In fact, he blamed the Jews for inventing Christianity. He also condemned Christianity for its opposition to evolution.

Hitler reserved special scorn for the Christian values of equality and compassion, which he identified with weakness. Hitler’s leading advisers like Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrich and Bormann were atheists who hated religion and sought to eradicate its influence in Germany.

During his ascent to power, Hitler needed the support of the German people—both the Bavarian Catholics and the Prussian Lutherans—and to secure this he occasionally used rhetoric such as “I am doing the Lord’s work.” To claim that this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to confuse political opportunism with personal conviction.

Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses.

Richard Evans writes that “the Nazis regarded the churches as the strongest and toughest reservoirs of ideological opposition to the principles they believed in.” Once Hitler and the Nazis came to power, they launched a ruthless drive to subdue and weaken the Christian churches in Germany. Evans points out that after 1937 the policies of Hitler’s government became increasingly anti-religious.

The Nazis stopped celebrating Christmas, and the Hitler Youth recited a prayer thanking the Fuhrer rather than God for their blessings. Clergy regarded as “troublemakers” were ordered not to preach, hundreds of them were imprisoned, and many were simply murdered. Churches were under constant Gestapo surveillance. The Nazis closed religious schools, forced Christian organizations to disband, dismissed civil servants who were practicing Christians, confiscated church property, and censored religious newspapers.

As historian Richard Weikart documents, both Hitler and Himmler were admirers of Darwin and often spoke of their role as enacting a “law of nature” that guaranteed the “elimination of the unfit.” Weikart argues that Hitler himself “drew upon a bountiful fund of social Darwinist thought to construct his own racist philosophy” and concludes that while Darwinism is not a “sufficient” intellectual explanation for Nazism, it is a “necessary” one. Without Darwinism, there might not have been Nazism.

The Nazis also drew on the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, adapting his atheist philosophy to their crude purposes. Nietzsche’s vision of the ubermensch and his elevation of a new ethic “beyond good and evil” were avidly embraced by Nazi propagandists. Nietzsche’s “will to power” almost became a Nazi recruitment slogan.

http://townhall.com/columnists/dineshdsouza/2...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11854 Sep 25, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
So you suddenly trust Hitler's truthfulness like muslims trust Muhammad? How can this happen to atheists who're not supposed to be very smart?
Oops... meant to type "How can this happen to atheists who are supposed to be very smart?"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11855 Sep 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why did you try that on?
Hitler was the catholic leader of a majority protestant Germany. Are you going to try and argue the latter point too? Tens of millions of times?
History cares little for your opinion.
Why did I try to quote Hitler to show what he said? Was that your question?

And I was going to "argue" what latter point? I don't think I need to argue, as your reasoning (pointing to "Hitler was the catholic leader of a majority protestant Germany") need no refutation from my part.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11856 Sep 26, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologetic creationist crap deleted for word count
Your cult inspired Hitler to commit mass murder. There's no meaningful way of denying it when he said it himself:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Apologists that cannot accept hard facts, just show us that their mental illness of creationism has taken over their brain's reasoning facilities.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11857 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think you should inquire about what my position is on Nazism is before you begin to harp on how horrible it is ..??
the answer is .??..."strongly disagree" ..
You don't have a position on anything - you're mentally ill and can't accept that Hitler killed people because he was born into your cult.

He said it himself - chritianity motivated him to believe he was absolutely right to kill those people.

That is why cults like creationism are dangerous - people like you will justify anything to get into your imaginary heaven.

That IS why you lie over and over again here isn't it???

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11858 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Can I ask "you" ...?..Why is Hitler the boogey man , of the twenty-first century ...???
He "is" demonized ...
but, he killed less than your Atheistic champions . Mao and Joseph
Is it because the Zionist media ..??
Is it because the Germans actually had better weapons ..and scared the crap out of us ..??
or, because they massacred ..using efficiency ...
or, because they used chemicals to murder..
The creationist propoganda game that you are playing in the atheism forum, is really immature.

We can tell that you acknowledge these facts and that they deeply affect you.

Why would you spend paragraphs and paragraphs apologising for your cult otherwise?

Just admit that you're liars who are mentally incapable of addressing hard facts that show your cult to be full of falsehood.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#11860 Sep 26, 2013
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3400/4621468913...

Suits you.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did I try to quote Hitler to show what he said? Was that your question?
And I was going to "argue" what latter point? I don't think I need to argue, as your reasoning (pointing to "Hitler was the catholic leader of a majority protestant Germany") need no refutation from my part.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11861 Sep 26, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have you any opinion on abortion actually...but I can see you have a controlling personality since u decided to make my opinion for me.
look, why play shy ...privacy as a concept has long been withered and dead ...

I'm sure you find Abortion as a brutal practice ...but, I'm sure you support it ...

It's very much like American football , eh ?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11862 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your cult inspired Hitler to commit mass murder. There's no meaningful way of denying it when he said it himself:
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)
Apologists that cannot accept hard facts, just show us that their mental illness of creationism has taken over their brain's reasoning facilities.
That stupid claim was already addressed a few post ago, you can't read? Also check this thread:

http://www.topix.com/religion/islam/2013/09/1...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11863 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/ 3400/4621468913_b220573c63.jpg
Suits you.
dumping a jpeg without refutation is the best you can do?

I rest my case.
LCNLin

United States

#11864 Sep 26, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
That stupid claim was already addressed a few post ago, you can't read? Also check this thread:
http://www.topix.com/religion/islam/2013/09/1...
skippy may be one reason atheist are at 2% and declining in America?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11865 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>look, why play shy ...privacy as a concept has long been withered and dead ...
I'm sure you find Abortion as a brutal practice ...but, I'm sure you support it ...
It's very much like American football , eh ?
Your being sure is incorrect on both accounts... However I am also a person who looks at the big picture of every contradictory issue.

I hate football.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11866 Sep 26, 2013
Muslims are the living fact of possessing the evil spirit of Muhammad.
Muslims want to shove Muhammad's Sharia law on the world.
That's playing God like Muhammad did in invading cities and towns and subduing non-Muslims under his rule.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11867 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and, you too are using the very same ideology as Lenin ,Pol Pot , Stalin and Mao Zedong ....
Nope. My ideology includes **voting citizenry**. None of those did that.

My ideology includes **rule**of**law**-- in that the LAW is the Supreme Justification for everything else.

None of them did **that** either-- they believed in their own **personal** supremacy, and thought they could do no "wrong".

More over? Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao were **religious** in one or more ways. I know little of Lenin, but he likely was too.

Most Tyrants are; true--many believe **they** are some sort of **god** but that's religion for you:

... no **real** gods come to earth to **police** the place, removing **false** gods...

It appears that all the **real** gods are ...

... missing in action.
number four wrote:
If you had power ...I "know" you would kill ...
Nope. That's the difference between YOU and ME.

For you already **have** killed millions-- by your continued support of the EVIL BIBLE?

You are GUILTY for all the evil committed in it's ugly name...!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11868 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...what abortion is ..(triple exclamation point)..
Do you even know how a child is remove from the womb ...?
2) Do you even care ..?
What business is it of YOURS?

Is it YOUR KID? No?

The butt out-- your ugly religion is NOT ALLOWED to oppress people.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11869 Sep 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Can I ask "you" ...?..Why is Hitler the boogey man , of the twenty-first century ...???
He "is" demonized ...
but, he killed less than your Atheistic champions . Mao and Joseph
Is it because the Zionist media ..??
Is it because the Germans actually had better weapons ..and scared the crap out of us ..??
or, because they massacred ..using efficiency ...
or, because they used chemicals to murder..
Hitler came to power because too many of you idiot Genuine Christians™ conveniently looked the other way, when hints of atrocity begin to surface.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 32 min blacklagoon 3 59
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 79,897
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Eagle 12 - 32,581
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web