Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11493 Sep 2, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to talk about "pure bullshit" so much then? Can your atheism provide you with more redeemable and valuable activities outside of your entrapment on atheists hate forums like this one? Can it allow you to escape the topic of God?
I think not.
You will die talking about the God you hate , just to then face Him and then be thrown into the Hell you deserve.
None of your excuses will hold up, none of your scientific facts will rescue you, none of your fellow atheists will be able to help you , none of your requests for proof will look rational as you look up to Christ on your knees dwelling instantly as to what an idiot you've been your entire life.....you're empty now and you will be remembered as a fool for eternity.
Its because you're an ignorant liar that you cannot prove your god.

This is how disgustingly dishonest people with no morals behave...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11494 Sep 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! May I ask what language did Buddha use to write his autograph manuscript?
Here's a buddhist web-site refuting your claim:
Question:
I know there are all these books about buddhism, but is there just one book with just what the Buddha wrote? Kinda like a bible for Buddhists?
Answer
Simply put, no. The reason is simple. Just like the Bible was not written by God or by Jesus, but by men, Buddha didn't write anything himself.
The first written text of Buddhism come well after his death. The tradition wants that his disciples, after his death decided that they needed to put down in writing the Buddha's teachings and discourses. So, it is accepted that the words are of the Buddha's but not by him.
http://www.japanese-buddhism.com/is-there-a-f...
Well whatdya know? Buddha was myth too.

Isn't that amusing?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11495 Sep 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Question:
I know there are all these books about buddhism, but is there just one book with just what the Buddha wrote? Kinda like a bible for Buddhists?
Answer
Simply put, no. The reason is simple. Just like the Bible was not written by God or by Jesus, but by men, Buddha didn't write anything himself.
The first written text of Buddhism come well after his death. The tradition wants that his disciples, after his death decided that they needed to put down in writing the Buddha's teachings and discourses. So, it is accepted that the words are of the Buddha's but not by him.
Still no proof for your Jewsus(jesus) though...

... it only shows that Buddha was likely myth too.

Unless you think **Buddha** was divine (as many claimed) too?

<laughing>

.... I bet you **do**!

<laughing harder>

.......... I bet you think Buddha was a man-god!

<laughing out loud>

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11496 Sep 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Well whatdya know? Buddha was myth too.
Isn't that amusing?
How so, you just told me this:
Records exist of stuff he's written-- alas, it's not in English. So you're just out of luck.
LCNLin

United States

#11497 Sep 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
How so, you just told me this:
<quoted text>
Atheist confusion ?

Location hidden

#11498 Sep 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheist confusion ?
It is more like Bob's biting own tongue.
LCNLin

United States

#11499 Sep 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more like Bob's biting own tongue.
If B*b is atheism then this atheism philosophy is in trouble
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11502 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Still no proof for your Jewsus(jesus) though...
... it only shows that Buddha was likely myth too.
Unless you think **Buddha** was divine (as many claimed) too?
<laughing>
.... I bet you **do**!
<laughing harder>
.......... I bet you think Buddha was a man-god!
<laughing out loud>
..You "seriously" need to start being "honest" ..You are a 'Misotheist'...not..."Ath eist"...Did "you" seriously call Jesus illiterate ..."according" to the book you can't spell ...He read ...in Synagogues ..

Jesus is truly "divine" ..He had no reason , to write down His feelings and memorials ..The "only" question He asks of His followers ...."Who do "you" say that I am ..??" ...only ,God has the cojones to ask this !...NONE , of your other prophets dare such a bold question ...

And, your point ...why, wasn't everything "recorded" ...I can only assume you have no clue, about the Ancient world .."Where does one get "paper"...???"
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11503 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit that you're a simple minded liar with no proof of god.
That's all you need to do instead of waste forum space with your nonsense cult opinions.
..You...keep crying for proof ...( as, though "you" need to be programmed )

God has no "use" for half a man ( such as yourself )
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11504 Sep 3, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the lifestyle of faithfully behaving as an atheist failed them in the outside world. It's what landed them in prison to start with.....an immoral and violent atheistic lifestyle.
You'll be in prison before too long, converting back to Christianity; ...but in your case, you'll lie again and profess to be a Christian just so your 45 year prison sentence might get reduced.
youre full of shyt like most kristains

religion
Several weeks ago, a ground-breaking study on religious belief and social well-being was published in the Journal of Religion & Society. Comparing 18 prosperous democracies from the U.S. to New Zealand, author Gregory S Paul quietly demolished the myth that faith strengthens society.

Drawing on a wide range of studies to cross-match faith – measured by belief in God and acceptance of evolution – with homicide and intimate behavior, Paul found that secular societies have lower rates of violence and teenage pregnancy than societies where many people profess belief in God.

Top of the class, in both atheism and good behavior, come the Japanese. Over eighty percent accept evolution and fewer than ten percent are certain that God exists. Despite its size – over a hundred million people – Japan is one of the least crime-prone countries in the world. It also has the lowest rates of teenage pregnancy of any developed nation.

Next in line are the Norwegians, British, Germans and Dutch. At least sixty percent accept evolution as a fact and fewer than one in three are convinced that there is a deity.

At the other end of the scale comes America. Over 50 percent of Americans believe in God, and only 40 percent accept some form of evolution (many believe it had a helping hand from the Deity). The U.S. has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy and homicide rates are at least five times greater than in Europe and ten times higher than in Japan.

All this information points to a strong correlation between faith and antisocial behavior -- a correlation so strong that there is good reason to suppose that religious belief does more harm than good.

At first glance that is a preposterous suggestion, given that religions preach non-violence and intimate restraint. However, close inspection reveals a different story.

All believers learn that God holds them responsible for their actions. So far so good, but for many, belief absolves them of all other responsibilities.
Consciously or subconsciously, those who are "born again" or "chosen" have diminished respect for others who do not share their sect or their faith. Convinced that only the Bible offers "truth", they lose their intellectual curiosity and their ability to reason. Their priority becomes not the world they live in but themselves.

The more people prioritize themselves rather than those around them, the weaker society becomes and the greater the likelihood of antisocial behavior.
Hence gun laws which encourage Americans to see each other not as fellow human beings who deserve protection, but as potential aggressors who deserve to die.

As for sex… Faith encourages ignorance rather than responsible behavior. In other countries, sex education includes contraception, reducing the risk of unwanted pregnancies. Such an approach recognizes that young people have the right to make their own choices and helps them make decisions that benefit society as a whole.
In America faith-driven abstinence programs deny them that right
. The result is soaring rates of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.

Despite all its fine words, religion has brought in its wake little more than violence, prejudice and intimate disease.
i think this shatters the thinking that morality is lost when societies become secular.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11505 Sep 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You "seriously" need to start being "honest" ..You are a 'Misotheist'...not..."Ath eist"...Did "you" seriously call Jesus illiterate ..."according" to the book you can't spell ...He read ...in Synagogues ..
Jesus is truly "divine" ..He had no reason , to write down His feelings and memorials ..The "only" question He asks of His followers ...."Who do "you" say that I am ..??" ...only ,God has the cojones to ask this !...NONE , of your other prophets dare such a bold question ...
And, your point ...why, wasn't everything "recorded" ...I can only assume you have no clue, about the Ancient world .."Where does one get "paper"...???"
you dont even know your religion

Jesus never said he is God,,,,prove me wrong and SHOW where in the bible JC says he is!
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11506 Sep 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You...keep crying for proof ...( as, though "you" need to be programmed )
God has no "use" for half a man ( such as yourself )
your god doesnt exist
its LOGICALY contradictory to be real

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11507 Sep 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Question:
Answer
Its Irrelevant who wrote Budhist teachings,
most Important are the tenets of Budhism which TRUMPS ChristINSANITY in ever way
scroll down to what its teachings are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11508 Sep 3, 2013

Division Eightfold factor Sanskrit, Pali Description
Wisdom
(Sanskrit: prajñ&#257;,
P&#257;li: paññ&#257;) 1. Right view samyag d&#7771;&#7779;&#7 789;i,
samm&#257; ditthi
Viewing reality as it is, not just as it appears to be
2. Right intention samyag sa&#7747;kalpa,
samm&#257; sankappa
Intention of renunciation, freedom and harmlessness
Ethical conduct
(Sanskrit: &#347;&#299;la,
P&#257;li: s&#299;la) 3. Right speech samyag v&#257;c,
samm&#257; v&#257;ca
Speaking in a truthful and non-hurtful way

4. Right action samyag karman,
samm&#257; kammanta
Acting in a non-harmful way
5. Right livelihood samyag &#257;j&#299;vana,
samm&#257; &#257;j&#299;va
A non-harmful livelihood
Concentration
(Sanskrit and P&#257;li: sam&#257;dhi) 6. Right effort samyag vy&#257;y&#257;ma,
samm&#257; v&#257;y&#257;ma
Making an effort to improve

7. Right mindfulness samyag sm&#7771;ti,
samm&#257; sati
Awareness to see things for what they are with clear consciousness;
being aware of the present reality within oneself, without any craving or aversion

8. Right concentration samyag sam&#257;dhi,
samm&#257; sam&#257;dhi
Correct meditation or concentration, explained as the first four jh&#257;nas
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#11511 Sep 4, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
.....you're empty now and you will be remembered as a fool for eternity.
Abrahamic religion are foolish as they generally invovle belief in an afterlife. These pages won't last for eternity, but they will remain observable for a very long time. I think history's verdict will be that 21st Century religionists are foolish and have crashed here.
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob is desperate. He contradicts himself all the time. One minute he says Jesus is a myth, then turns around and says Jesus was illiterate.
I enjoy watching Bob crash.
It's daft to think that a god sent a prophet to Earth. There's no scientific justification for such nonsense. It is fairly clear now that Religionism and religious faith are simply man-made relics on the path of human development.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
They're plainly divisive and outdated nonsense.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11512 Sep 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
rambling again with generalizations
LOL
Hey Dolt, that post was >>>> specific <<<<, not that your smart enough to tell the difference.

Location hidden

#11513 Sep 4, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
Its Irrelevant who wrote Budhist teachings,
most Important are the tenets of Budhism which TRUMPS ChristINSANITY in ever way
scroll down to what its teachings are
It wasn't a discussion about Buddhism vs Christianity, it was about Bob's biting his own tongue.

You're not Tom I hope.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#11514 Sep 4, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a discussion about Buddhism vs Christianity, it was about Bob's biting his own tongue.
You're not Tom I hope.
are you really that stupid or just pretending to be?
heres your post
---------
Records exist of stuff he's written-- alas, it's not in English. So you're just out of luck.
Even better? Lots and lots of records written **during** his lifetime.
Can you say the same about your Jewsus(jesus)?
Of course not!
Your Jewsus(jesus) is 100% myth.

Question:

Answer

http://www.japanese-buddhism.com/is-there-a-f ...

Location hidden

#11515 Sep 4, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
are you really that stupid or just pretending to be?
heres your post
---------
Even better? Lots and lots of records written **during** his lifetime.
Can you say the same about your Jewsus(jesus)?
Of course not!
Your Jewsus(jesus) is 100% myth.
Question:
Answer
http://www.japanese-buddhism.com/is-there-a-f ...
If you didn't follow what was going on, you can keep your mouth shut.

The fist part of your response was from Bob's post where he claimed: "Records exist of stuff he's written-- alas, it's not in English." And the whole reason I posted the Buddhist link was to refute him, showing how he bit his own tongue. I made no attempt to compare Buddhism and Christianity.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11516 Sep 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
warmed over Opinions
LOL
Learn to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 30 min Um_because_facts 103
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 48 min Um_because_facts 92
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 79,977
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 hr River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 23 hr blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web