Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11450 Sep 1, 2013
By highlighting the behaviour of a human being "dawkins" the creationist tries to discredit the stance "atheism".

There is no logic behind the simple minded deceit of the typical online creationist.

Now watch the insults fly in...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11451 Sep 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
By highlighting the behaviour of a human being "dawkins" the creationist tries to discredit the stance "atheism".
There is no logic behind the simple minded deceit of the typical online creationist.
Now watch the insults fly in...
..Your'e a Fatso..!.and, your Mum dresses you funny ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#11452 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because cursing with Jesus makes all the nearby True Believers™ mad?
Because cursing with Jesus has the exact number of syllables to work beautifully in an expletive?
Because most of us had "Jesus" crammed down our collective throats as defenseless children? So much so, that it's kind of a relief to scream the word as a curse?
Or is it simply habit? It's a common enough word-- I hear it on you True Believer™'s lips as a curse all the time.
... point of fact.
..Fair enough..

But, it still remain you and many of your heathen chums ; keep re-asserting that "there have been thousands of Gods."

And , you people keep profaning the "one" name ; We were specifically commanded "not" to use ..

You are condemning yourselves ..!

Location hidden

#11453 Sep 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Your'e a Fatso..!.and, your Mum dresses you funny ..!
Creationist troll with no proof god, right on time...

Las Vegas, NV

#11454 Sep 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist troll with no proof god, right on time...
You know how immature I am ...I just couldn't help myself ...!

Location hidden

#11455 Sep 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You know how immature I am ...I just couldn't help myself ...!
Well its not as if you're going to prove the god you're here to lie about are you now?

Location hidden

#11456 Sep 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Fair enough..
But, it still remain you and many of your heathen chums ; keep re-asserting that "there have been thousands of Gods."
And , you people keep profaning the "one" name ; We were specifically commanded "not" to use ..
You are condemning yourselves ..!
You just need to prove your god instead of talk, creationist.

Las Vegas, NV

#11457 Sep 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You just need to prove your god instead of talk, creationist.
Show me a dinosaur "bone" !

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11458 Sep 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you and madam Skeptic are quantumly entangled, no wonder my response to her triggers your response as her... and she always come from nowhere in support of you as well. Now that we understand your relationship... is she pretty? I know she has stinky mouth, but that says nothing about her look, if you two haven't gotten married yet, I suggest you consider doing that, you are impossible match!(don't tell Mikko though, he'd be jealous)
Hate speech duly acknowledged.

You are a credit to your hate-cult of Jewsus.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11459 Sep 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
if you said that you have mistaken my comment about Dawkins as directed to you, I would probably have believed you, as I know some people thinks with their nerve.
But now you claimed you were fully aware my post was for madam Skeptic, but still replied as if you were her... that just make your relationship more "interesting".
Free speech.

I was addressing your SHYT post which tried (and failed) to imply that ALL ATHEISTS MUST WORSHIP DAWKINS' EVERY WORD.

We don't.

Atheism does **not** have magic JuJu "leaders".

In contrast to mindless sheeple like...

.... you, who do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11460 Sep 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
he reads fine, but then he sends it to his digestive systems.
That is far more than what the sh7t you write deserves, though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11461 Sep 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
it wasn't my "opinion", ma'am, I was just a messenger.
A. Richard Dawkins said Jesus Existed
B. Madam Skeptic said stupid people believe Jesus existed
C. It follows that Madam Skeptic said Richard Dawkins is stupid
Who gives a shyt **what** Dawkins believes?

I don't. Many atheists don't.

And if he **does** actually believe that there was an historical Jewsus? He's a moron for so believing.

In reality,**you** probably **lied** with a **QUOTE**MINE**.

Lying seems to be your single ability.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11463 Sep 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Show me a dinosaur "bone" !
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Las Vegas, NV

#11464 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
..GREAT SPIRIT..!!...you've ruined my joke ..!!

I wanted to see if "-Skeptic-" understood the nuances betwixt a 'bone' and a 'fossil'..

And, besides "mainstream" science ..is not writ in stone ..

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11465 Sep 1, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's more likely that your children will join us. They will walk away from the stupid. Just like so many of us did, once we read the holey buybull. Girls should only learn total obedience.

Seriously teach your little Jewish boys the buybull, not silly songs that aren't in the buybull. Have you ever wondered why the actual buybull is taught after you are hog tied to the dogma?

BTW: Those numbers are seriously skewed, but you already know that.
Those numbers are dead on.

How about this?

Atheist claim everyone is born as a atheist. So by that statement atheist start with 100% of the human population

You currently have 2.7% of the human population. Simple math shows you've lost 97.3%.

My dear that's not a trickle leaving your little (very little) group. It's a stampede!!!
7+ billion lost.

Some would say you can fool some of the people all of the time. And all of the people some of the time. Look like satan can only fool a few people all of the time shall we say 2.7%!!

ROLFLMAF!!!
LCNLin

United States

#11466 Sep 1, 2013
Pope Francis on Sunday condemned the use of chemical weapons, but he called for a negotiated settlement of the civil war in Syria, and announced he would lead a worldwide day of fasting and prayer for peace there on Sept. 7.

Francis abandoned the traditional religious theme of the weekly papal appearance to crowds in St. Peter’s Square and instead spoke entirely, and with anguish, about Syria.

`’My heart is deeply wounded by what is happening in Syria and anguished by the dramatic developments” on the horizon, Francis said, in an apparent reference to the U.S. and France considering a military strike to punish the Syrian regime for a chemical weapons attack.

Francis reiterated previous appeals for all sides in the civil war to put down their arms and `’listen to the voice of their conscience and with courage take up the way of negotiations.”

With tens of thousands of people in the square applauding his words, Francis delivered his strongest remarks yet to express his horror at the use of chemical weapons.

“With utmost firmness, I condemn the use of chemical weapons. I tell you that those terrible images from recent days are burned into my mind and heart,” the pope said, in an apparent reference to photos and TV images of victims of chemical weapons in Syria.

“There is the judgment of God, and als

Usually soft-spoken, Francis raised his voice as he declared,“War brings on war! Violence brings on violence.”

His admonishment against resorting to arms as a solution recalled the repeated emotional implorations a decade ago by the late Pope John Paul II in a vain attempt to persuade the U.S. administration then led by President George W. Bush not to invade Iraq.

The deteriorating drama of Syria inspired Francis to set aside Sept. 7 as a day of fasting and prayer for Syria.

Francis invited Catholics, other Christians, those of other faiths and non-believers who are `’men of good will” to join him that evening in St. Peter’s Square to invoke the `’gift” of peace for Syria, the rest of the Middle East and worldwide where there is conflict.

“The world needs to see gestures of peace and hear words of hope and of peace,” Francis said.

He said the prayer vigil in the square will last from 7 p.m. until midnight.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/pope-fr...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11467 Sep 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Those numbers are dead on.
How about this?
Atheist claim everyone is born as a atheist. So by that statement atheist start with 100% of the human population
You currently have 2.7% of the human population. Simple math shows you've lost 97.3%.
My dear that's not a trickle leaving your little (very little) group. It's a stampede!!!
7+ billion lost.
Some would say you can fool some of the people all of the time. And all of the people some of the time. Look like satan can only fool a few people all of the time shall we say 2.7%!!
ROLFLMAF!!!
As newborn atheists(without theism) do you assume that those infants are capable of choosing non-atheist families? Do you credit them with being able to discern the truthfulness of their parents, when they are being taught that Allah is the only true god? Do you not understand that to become anything other than atheist, one must be indoctrinated?

There is a difference between an avowed atheist (non-believer) and an atheist. One is simply minus theism, the other has seen it, assessed it and rejects it as pure bullsh!t.

Our numbers grow continually now that the entire world has embraced the web, and an endless array of available knowledge. The gods are all, on borrowed time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11468 Sep 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You currently have 2.7% of the human population.
False.

The numbers are more like 20%-30% of the **world** population.

That is the **accurate** figure.

Meaning?

That among your ugly cult-status? We are #2, second only to Catholic membership, world-wide.

**YOUR** cult's fraction is less than 10%, and falling....

.... ATHEISTS OUT-NUMBER **YOUR** BRAND 2 TO 1.

LMAO!

Since: Apr 12

Danville, CA

#11469 Sep 2, 2013
Who gives a shyt **what** Dawkins believes?
I don't. Many atheists don't.
And if he **does** actually believe that there was an historical Jewsus? He's a moron for so believing.
It is not my problem that you think Dawkins is a moron, but as a scientist he knows not to deny historical records of Jesus's existence, not many reputable atheists would deny a historical Jesus and his crucifixion, if by your definition they are all morons... well, I don't have a problem with that either, but I don't think you're being too smart here.
In reality,**you** probably **lied** with a **QUOTE**MINE**.
Lying seems to be your single ability.
Oh, I'm incapable of lying through Dawkin's mouth as he spoke in the video, you only have to watch it. Dawkins is probably smarter than you to know that most scientists do believe in a historical Jesus who was crucified, even they may not believe in his divinity.

Since: Apr 12

Danville, CA

#11470 Sep 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
As newborn atheists(without theism) do you assume that those infants are capable of choosing non-atheist families? Do you credit them with being able to discern the truthfulness of their parents, when they are being taught that Allah is the only true god? Do you not understand that to become anything other than atheist, one must be indoctrinated?
There is a difference between an avowed atheist (non-believer) and an atheist. One is simply minus theism, the other has seen it, assessed it and rejects it as pure bullsh!t.
Our numbers grow continually now that the entire world has embraced the web, and an endless array of available knowledge. The gods are all, on borrowed time.
I think claiming for the babies to be "Atheist" or "Theist" is meaningless claim, firstly you can't really know what the babies think to claim any-ist for them, to be either a Theist or Atheist, one needs a conscious intellectual commitment, that can only come after many exposure to ideas atheistic and theistic - so the way atheists lead their babies is just as "indoctrination" as the way theists lead their babies.

Secondly even if you force a definition of Atheism to include the state of mind of the newborn babies, it doesn't say anything about the destiny the babies would choose, and it doesn't do a thing to discredit any religion as most religions would agree that one has to "come to faith", whatever you label them when they were born. It would be just as useful as claiming that all caterpillars are born flightless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 325
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 257,132
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,270
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 435
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 45,557
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 hr ATHEOI 21,398
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 10 hr NightSerf 10,341
More from around the web