Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Jimmy C

Uniontown, PA

#11309 Aug 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, there are zero **historical** records that support his existing-- let alone that he was a **god**.
<quoted text>
And **none** written during his alleged life. None.
That alone is damning-- if he was as **amazing** and **stupendous** as is claimed?
SOMEONE would have noticed-- and written it down.
Nobody did.
SOMEONE did notice. In fact, as I mentioned, there are dozens of accounts.

You do realize, I trust, that the allegation that he rose from the dead would not have surfaced before his death.

Additionally, the vast majority of his alleged miracles occurred with a few years before his death. Hardly enough time to produce a best seller in the information age, let alone two thousand years ago.

And the Pharisees obviously knew; that’s why they crucified him. I’m sure you could imagine the threat a man hanging around outcasts and lepers, walking on water and denouncing Jewish tradition, would pose a threat to their autonomy and leave them none too pleased. You trust them to keep accurate records? Jesus presented quite a conflict of interest.

You might think “Oh well why weren’t the Pharisees awestruck!” My answer: his death was an integral part of God’s message and purported love. It symbolized the sacrifice on his part, as well as the purity and reliance on love on the part of Jesus Christ.
Jimmy C

Uniontown, PA

#11310 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, I trust, that the allegation that he rose from the dead would not have surfaced before his death.
Additionally, the vast majority of his alleged miracles occurred with a few years before his death. Hardly enough time to produce a best seller in the information age, let alone two thousand years ago.
And the Pharisees obviously knew; that’s why they crucified him. I’m sure you could imagine the threat a man hanging around outcasts and lepers, walking on water and denouncing Jewish tradition, would pose a threat to their autonomy and leave them none too pleased. You trust them to keep accurate records? Jesus presented quite a conflict of interest.
You might think “Oh well why weren’t the Pharisees awestruck!” My answer: his death was an integral part of God’s message and purported love. It symbolized the sacrifice on his part, as well as the purity and reliance on love on the part of Jesus Christ.
Furthermore, let's put his alleged teachings and parables in context; they deviate radically from established cultural norms. No that, in and of itself, isn't clear and compelling proof, but I think it fits nicely with the idea they were divinely inspired.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11311 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- that turns out not to be the case.

The **oldest** we have are 60 years too late.

So no, nobody noticed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11312 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
No other religion had the example of Jesus Christ.
That is not even a little bit true: there are quite a number of similar cases in history, who mimic your "christ" so perfectly, and are older, that it's quite obvious the "jesus legend" is just a rip-off of those older tales.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11313 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
Furthermore, let's put his alleged teachings and parables in context; they deviate radically from established cultural norms. No that, in and of itself, isn't clear and compelling proof, but I think it fits nicely with the idea they were divinely inspired.
Wrong **again**... they are actually similar to Buddhism, which is a bit older than your christianity by a fair piece.

And no **again**-- the bible's ideas are simply copies of other religions common to that era.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11314 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay great. What you've given me sounds like clear and compelling evidence against his existence.
It is. And of course, by "universe" I mean "all that is".

So there is no excuse of being "outside"-- that isn't an option.

If your god were outside? That means he is-- by definition-- not **inside**.

And that means he cannot interact with it in **any** way.

If you insist god **does** interact? Then-- at least in part-- he is **inside**

And is subject to it's rules.

In any case? It's meaningless to say "outside the universe"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11315 Aug 24, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
If God is truly the creator, why is it necessary that he abide by the same constraints of a universe he created? Couldn't he reside elsewhere?
Firstly, the universe is not automatically created.

It could easily have always been-- if you get to use that dodge on your god?

I can use the same dodge on the universe itself.

Secondly, a creator presumes a cause-- and under quantum mechanics?

At that level of things, there **are** no causes. None. It's probabilistic, not causal.

Meaning that the fundamental nature of our universe is not caused-- and has no creator.

Since the **macro** level of our universe is **based** on QM, which is fundamentally not-caused?

Then it stands that our universe isn't caused either.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11316 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong **again**... they are actually similar to Buddhism, which is a bit older than your christianity by a fair piece.
And no **again**-- the bible's ideas are simply copies of other religions common to that era.
Nope, nothing compares to Christianity ; every religion before Christ glorified wealth or knowledge (Buddhism) or power .....Jesus turned the World on its head , and ,only commanded us to Love ...!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11317 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
It is. And of course, by "universe" I mean "all that is".
So there is no excuse of being "outside"-- that isn't an option.
If your god were outside? That means he is-- by definition-- not **inside**.
And that means he cannot interact with it in **any** way.
If you insist god **does** interact? Then-- at least in part-- he is **inside**
And is subject to it's rules.
In any case? It's meaningless to say "outside the universe"
Outside just means ; creation isn't God ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11318 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
That is not even a little bit true: there are quite a number of similar cases in history, who mimic your "christ" so perfectly, and are older, that it's quite obvious the "jesus legend" is just a rip-off of those older tales.
A Deity that disdained 'glory'..'power'..and honor ...Only Jesus , did ..THAT..!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11319 Aug 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Rage? Never. Peals of laughter? Oh yeah, often.
Do you believe in the buybull god? If the answer is yes, then you also believe that your god can order you to eat your children, and you will have no choice but to obey, right?
You also know without doubt that every prayer is answered immediately, and you get exactly what you asked for, don't you?
And you know, because the buybull said so, that your god was beaten by the iron chariot, don't you. LOL! Buybull believer! Ha, ha.
No--YOU ARE LYING BY TAKING SNIPPETS OUT OF CONTEXT.

That is called "quote mining" and it is LYING.

You excel at it.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11320 Aug 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So exactly which part of the Abrahamic religion's holy tomes do I believe? Enlighten me.
Where God threatens the wicked with divine Justice ..are, the only snippets you keep announcing ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11321 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
No-- I considered that too.
An omniscient god cannot exist in the present universe.
And no-- time is not a creation.
Time did not exist before the big bang ; even "-Skeptic-" knows this ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11322 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I see you are drunk-posting.
Again.
You are seriously an alcoholic.
Ah , I point out what a hateful man you are ...and, this is your defense ..

I see ; I should maybe 'not' point out your faults , are you are very vindictive ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11323 Aug 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your god or f*ck off, you're a waste of space.
The proof is no mere myth , can cause such hate and vitriol ..

If there was empirical proof of Gods existence ; we would no longer have the choice as to whether to obey or not ..capisce..??

God does not want us to be robots ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#11324 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
No-- that turns out not to be the case.
The **oldest** we have are 60 years too late.
So no, nobody noticed.
Of course they noticed ; but , as time went on ,they began to realize that the Second Coming was not imminent . And it became prudent to put pen to paper for the sake of posterity ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11325 Aug 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, nothing compares to Christianity ; every religion before Christ glorified wealth or knowledge (Buddhism) or power .....Jesus turned the World on its head , and ,only commanded us to Love ...!
I see you are Drunk Posting **again**.

I know this, because 100% of what you said above? Is false.

Pity. You are quite clearly an alcoholic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11326 Aug 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Outside just means ; creation isn't God ..
More drunk posting-- the above isn't even complete sentences!

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11327 Aug 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A Deity that disdained 'glory'..'power'..and honor ...Only Jesus , did ..THAT..!
1) false again-- the Jesus myth is a copy of literally 100's of similar myths croping up at that time and place.

2) your Jesus doesn't want power?

WTF?

What do you call it when he SENDS PEOPLE TO HELL, IF THEY DO NOT GLORIFY HIM, THEN?

Hmmm?

And what do you call it when he RETURNS IN TRIUMPH TO RULE THE WHOLE WORLD AT THE SECOND COMMING?

Hmmm?

Those are both vainglorious power-grabs and massive displays of **ego**.

Fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11328 Aug 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Time did not exist before the big bang ; even "-Skeptic-" knows this ..
Maybe. Maybe not.

Ask Polymath for a better explanation.

The **correct** answer is? We do not know.

It will depend on how many dimensions the universe turns out to have.

Your near-total ignorance of the subject is still apparent, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr Dogen 4,309
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr superwilly 258,476
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
More from around the web