Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11261 Aug 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats worse? bad spelling or lying about god, then telling people they're going to your personal hell?
All with no proof and no balls.
..hmmm..? Is there a 'third' option...?

Las Vegas, NV

#11262 Aug 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Talents?
Like a **skill**?
That **is** what he was speaking of-- SKILL or KNOWLEDGE in how to do something.
Are you seriously this stupid, or did you take special brain-removal lessons?
Oh!
Silly me-- you DID, didn't you?
You called it "faith"...
Well , I guess the unfaithful servant buried the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE" while the others ,invested the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE"...

And, Yes Jesus talks about the Vineyard "owner" ...as, ownership is a big communist thing ...

I realize you can not admit errors ; so lets just drop this subject as I am feeling magnanimous ..

Las Vegas, NV

#11263 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You have a problem with reading, now?
I said **regulated** capitalism is the best replacement.
You TeaBaggers seem to think there is only the one...!
What a moron you are.
..Freudian slip....??...You little Minx ..

(F.Y.I. they are called tea partiers )

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11264 Aug 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are what they are"...
And they are just beyond reasoning of science. We don't have to call it "God", but to claim that "Science has disproved God" is just to show ignorant.
Agreed-- there never was any proof **FOR** god in the first place!

Science had no need to disprove what was never PROVED.

Good!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11265 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well , I guess the unfaithful servant buried the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE" while the others ,invested the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE"...
And, Yes Jesus talks about the Vineyard "owner" ...as, ownership is a big communist thing ...
I realize you can not admit errors ; so lets just drop this subject as I am feeling magnanimous ..
I never said the story made SENSE.

It doesn't, not really-- that's the way of ancient fairy-tales and myth.

Sometimes they just resolve into garbage:

Garbage IN.

Garbage OUT.

The bible is pretty much that in a nutshell.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11266 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Freudian slip....??...You little Minx ..
(F.Y.I. they are called tea partiers )
No-- TeaBagger is the correct term, as they are duchenozzles.
Thinking

UK

#11267 Aug 21, 2013
Hold tight. I think the US is just a few years behind.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>My youngest is aware of those incredibly positive stats, and wants to live in the UK or Australia, because he can't see the same happening here.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11268 Aug 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Cute..!..My real point is words such as 'Nazi'..'Islamic supremacists'..'pedophile'..'S atan'..are all horrible words ..
Yet ,the words 'Jesus'..'Christian'..'Bible'. .evoke such anger and rage ,you feel the need to insult them "so" much ; you have to spell them incorrectly ..Obviously a mere myth does "not" create such hatred ..You hate God and need to hurt Him ; the only way you can . You've already chosen your Master ..and you know it..
(as for "Bob of Q-F" assertion , that he hates Christianity because America is a theocracy ..what a foolish liar ; any sin he wishes to commit is accepted ( except for bestiality and the euthanasia of his parents )...Hmmm, is this the real reason he hates Christian morality so...??)
and, now watch ;as "Bob of Q-F" is a murderer at heart , he will now assail me with no less than "5" vitriolic posts ...as , it take these many posts ,until he begins to stop seeing red ..
Rage? Never. Peals of laughter? Oh yeah, often.

Do you believe in the buybull god? If the answer is yes, then you also believe that your god can order you to eat your children, and you will have no choice but to obey, right?

You also know without doubt that every prayer is answered immediately, and you get exactly what you asked for, don't you?

And you know, because the buybull said so, that your god was beaten by the iron chariot, don't you. LOL! Buybull believer! Ha, ha.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11269 Aug 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Hold tight. I think the US is just a few years behind.
<quoted text>
It would be wonderful, but I'm close to the source* here, and I can't see it happening for at least a couple of decades.

My happy humanist emblem is constantly being releived of his arms, joy apparently irks quite a few people.

(the dark side is religion, churches, prayer in school and before all sporting events)

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11270 Aug 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are what they are"...
And they are just beyond reasoning of science. We don't have to call it "God", but to claim that "Science has disproved God" is just to show ignorant.
So God is the laws of physics? OK, that is a common way of approaching the issue among scientists. It doesn't give a personal God or a giver of morality, but it is a consistent idea. An alternative is to identify God as all that exists.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11271 Aug 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So God is the laws of physics? OK, that is a common way of approaching the issue among scientists. It doesn't give a personal God or a giver of morality, but it is a consistent idea. An alternative is to identify God as all that exists.
We Are God, and God Is Us?

Okay...

.... <grin>

Not too distant from The Force, actually.

<laughing a little>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11272 Aug 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of something I read. I do not know who said this, but it's amusing to think about.

"The Universe had to spawn intelligent life, in order that it could ponder itself."

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#11273 Aug 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
That is a legit argument, and coming from an atheist background that was what I believed - that all that is is an eternal "system" of laws.

The problem with some atheists here is that they try to misrepresent my position about science in order to attack it (strawman). The idea that if one believes in a personal god then one is "against science" is a shallow one, a I have argued many times. David Berlinski whom I quoted is an agnostic (as well as the evolutionist Stephen Jay Gould) articulated it very well - that ultimately it comes to a point where science borders philosophy, beyond which one can neither say right or wrong, and it boils down to one's worldview - at that point, my personal switch from an impersonal "system" to a personal god wasn't based much on anything that I didn't already know, but rather a later transformation during my graduate school time (really, many atheists wrongly assume that we don't see what they see... but actually the reverse is probably true). To me, the transcendence of consciousness and morality from material, as well as experiential relevance of the biblical teaching to my ever developing view of human nature decide that I'm on the side of "personal", rather than impersonal god.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11274 Aug 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a legit argument, and coming from an atheist background that was what I believed - that all that is is an eternal "system" of laws.
The problem with some atheists here is that they try to misrepresent my position about science in order to attack it (strawman). The idea that if one believes in a personal god then one is "against science" is a shallow one, a I have argued many times.
No--it's not.

Belief in a personal god cannot be sustained considering the current knowledge of how the universe works.

Such a god would be,**at best**, a kind of spirit-guide and certainly not at the level of creator of universes.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#11275 Aug 21, 2013
No--it's not.
Belief in a personal god cannot be sustained considering the current knowledge of how the universe works.
Such a god would be,**at best**, a kind of spirit-guide and certainly not at the level of creator of universes.
so, what do you know about how universe work?

and what branch of logic did you use to claim that if we know how something works then it doesn't need a personal creator?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11276 Aug 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
so, what do you know about how universe work?
More than you.

Obviously.

An omniscient god cannot exist in the present universe.

Several reasons, but chiefly, being omniscient would cause the quantum states of all particles to collapse.

Ending the universe in one go.

So if your god **does** exist? It is not omniscient.

And for the same reasons, cannot be omnipowerful either.

To be so, would have to violate the speed of light limits.

And no-- you cannot use the excuse of "god is outside the universe".

If he is? He cannot possibly interfere in any way **inside**.

To interfere, he has -- at least in part-- to actually **be** inside the universe.

Where it's rules render god impossible.

*poof*

Away with your god-- through experimental proof that Quantum Mechanics works.

Las Vegas, NV

#11277 Aug 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
..All "Tin Can" wrote ; was, to claim ...."science has disproved God is the height of fallacy"....

God is not everything ...(your spittle ,feces etc)

He does have a host of Angels, who purpose it is to keep electrons and gravitational forces (and, all physics) in sync ..

Las Vegas, NV

#11278 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
We Are God, and God Is Us?
Okay...
.... <grin>
Not too distant from The Force, actually.
<laughing a little>
..except, you are growing old and will die ...

Ergo.."you" are not in control ..

Las Vegas, NV

#11279 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
More than you.
Obviously.
An omniscient god cannot exist in the present universe.
Several reasons, but chiefly, being omniscient would cause the quantum states of all particles to collapse.
Ending the universe in one go.
So if your god **does** exist? It is not omniscient.
And for the same reasons, cannot be omnipowerful either.
To be so, would have to violate the speed of light limits.
And no-- you cannot use the excuse of "god is outside the universe".
If he is? He cannot possibly interfere in any way **inside**.
To interfere, he has -- at least in part-- to actually **be** inside the universe.
Where it's rules render god impossible.
*poof*
Away with your god-- through experimental proof that Quantum Mechanics works.
ah...but , you do not factor in ;the fourth dimension ...(time,is a creation)..

Las Vegas, NV

#11280 Aug 21, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Rage? Never. Peals of laughter? Oh yeah, often.
Do you believe in the buybull god? If the answer is yes, then you also believe that your god can order you to eat your children, and you will have no choice but to obey, right?
You also know without doubt that every prayer is answered immediately, and you get exactly what you asked for, don't you?
And you know, because the buybull said so, that your god was beaten by the iron chariot, don't you. LOL! Buybull believer! Ha, ha.
"Bob of Q-F" ..Calls "you" a liar ...He asserts "quote mining" is lying ..

That, you 'take' snippets from a vast , vast historical document ..and, only mine what you ,personally believe ..MAKES "YOU" A LIAR ..."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..

So , is He the fool "or" are You ...???...( dramatic music playing in the background )..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 1 hr Richardfs 1,210
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Kong_ 14,372
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr Richardfs 284
Christianity Created Hitler 5 hr thetruth 73
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr thetruth 2,834
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr thetruth 234,482
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr geezerjock 6,028
More from around the web