Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#11248 Aug 19, 2013
Belief will soon be the minority position over here.
Dumb posts like Twart's are helping speed this change.

2/3rds of UK not religious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

Only 44% of 18-24 years olds in the UK believe in god or some spiritual greater power.

Only 12% respect religious leaders.

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/06/24/british-y...

This change is happening at the same time as crime and teenage pregnancies continue to fall.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's more likely that your children will join us. They will walk away from the stupid. Just like so many of us did, once we read the holey buybull. Girls should only learn total obedience.
Seriously teach your little Jewish boys the buybull, not silly songs that aren't in the buybull. Have you ever wondered why the actual buybull is taught after you are hog tied to the dogma?
BTW: Those numbers are seriously skewed, but you already know that.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11249 Aug 19, 2013
David Berlinski:

The law of universal gravitation binds the world's far-flung particles into a coherent whole; but the law is itself transcendent. It cannot be given an explanation in material terms.

This is true as well for the equations governing the electromagnetic field, Einstein's field equations for general relativity, and Schrödinger's wave equation in quantum mechanics. The laws of nature by which nature is explained are not themselves a part of nature. No physical theory predicts their existence nor explains their power. They exist beyond space and time; they gain purchase by an act of the imagination and not observation, they are the tantalizing traces in matter of an intelligence that has so far hidden itself in symbols. Efforts to explain the laws of nature in terms of still further laws of nature that explain themselves have been unavailing. They are what they are.

http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0...
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11250 Aug 19, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
I have discovered over the years that there is little any of us can say or write that holds up to the ultimate question: "So what?"
..well, if you don't care for your personal welfare ; don't expect anybody else to .
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11251 Aug 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Your Jesus? He **hated** capitalism!
Seriously-- there is ONE TIME in your bible, where he interacted with a BUSINESS.
Do you know what the story was?
It was the nice convenient money changers business-- a kind of monetary convenience store.
This was because of the idiotic rules that your god **only** accepted HEBREW money!(I know-- what a loser the Hebrew god was, right?)
Anyhow, a nice CAPITALISM BUSINESS going on, conveniently changing other currency into the "godly" money.
What does your Jesus do?
HE DESTROYS IT!
Clearly, your Jesus HATES capitalism!
google ,Jesus parables ; talents ..(your'e welcome ; I just taught you something you did not know )

You really do have a foundation of sand ; first you tell "Mikko" how evil capitalism is ....

yet, I ask is there a better system ,and your answer "capitalism" ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11252 Aug 19, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's more likely that your children will join us. They will walk away from the stupid. Just like so many of us did, once we read the holey buybull. Girls should only learn total obedience.
Seriously teach your little Jewish boys the buybull, not silly songs that aren't in the buybull. Have you ever wondered why the actual buybull is taught after you are hog tied to the dogma?
BTW: Those numbers are seriously skewed, but you already know that.
..what.??.You can't even spell ...so, it must be you who walks around stupid ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11253 Aug 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>google ,Jesus parables ; talents ..(your'e welcome ; I just taught you something you did not know )
You really do have a foundation of sand ; first you tell "Mikko" how evil capitalism is ....
yet, I ask is there a better system ,and your answer "capitalism" ..
You have a problem with reading, now?

I said **regulated** capitalism is the best replacement.

You TeaBaggers seem to think there is only the one...!

What a moron you are.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11254 Aug 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>google ,Jesus parables ; talents
Talents?

Like a **skill**?

That **is** what he was speaking of-- SKILL or KNOWLEDGE in how to do something.

Are you seriously this stupid, or did you take special brain-removal lessons?

Oh!

Silly me-- you DID, didn't you?

You called it "faith"...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11255 Aug 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Efforts to explain the laws of nature in terms of still further laws of nature that explain themselves have been unavailing.

They are what they are.
"They are what they are"...

And they are just beyond reasoning of science. We don't have to call it "God", but to claim that "Science has disproved God" is just to show ignorant.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11256 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..what.??.You can't even spell ...so, it must be you who walks around stupid ..
Whats worse? bad spelling or lying about god, then telling people they're going to your personal hell?

All with no proof and no balls.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11257 Aug 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are what they are"...
And they are just beyond reasoning of science. We don't have to call it "God", but to claim that "Science has disproved God" is just to show ignorant.
At the end of the day, science is real and god is not.

Religious liars like you know that you have no proof of the things that you believe in.

But here you idiots come, criticising science all without actually proving what you hold to be true.

This is your problem and your mental illness. We are not your doctors.

You need help to cure your persistent dishonesty and ignorance.

Science is just fine, your cult, is not.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11258 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..what.??.You can't even spell ...so, it must be you who walks around stupid ..
Yeah, there ya go. You jes worry about mah spellin', an as usual, we'll will keep on doin tha thinkin.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11259 Aug 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Belief will soon be the minority position over here.
Dumb posts like Twart's are helping speed this change.
2/3rds of UK not religious.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801
Only 44% of 18-24 years olds in the UK believe in god or some spiritual greater power.
Only 12% respect religious leaders.
http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/06/24/british-y...
This change is happening at the same time as crime and teenage pregnancies continue to fall.
<quoted text>
My youngest is aware of those incredibly positive stats, and wants to live in the UK or Australia, because he can't see the same happening here.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11260 Aug 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, there ya go. You jes worry about mah spellin', an as usual, we'll will keep on doin tha thinkin.
..Cute..!..My real point is words such as 'Nazi'..'Islamic supremacists'..'pedophile'..'S atan'..are all horrible words ..

Yet ,the words 'Jesus'..'Christian'..'Bible'. .evoke such anger and rage ,you feel the need to insult them "so" much ; you have to spell them incorrectly ..Obviously a mere myth does "not" create such hatred ..You hate God and need to hurt Him ; the only way you can . You've already chosen your Master ..and you know it..

(as for "Bob of Q-F" assertion , that he hates Christianity because America is a theocracy ..what a foolish liar ; any sin he wishes to commit is accepted ( except for bestiality and the euthanasia of his parents )...Hmmm, is this the real reason he hates Christian morality so...??)

and, now watch ;as "Bob of Q-F" is a murderer at heart , he will now assail me with no less than "5" vitriolic posts ...as , it take these many posts ,until he begins to stop seeing red ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11261 Aug 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats worse? bad spelling or lying about god, then telling people they're going to your personal hell?
All with no proof and no balls.
..hmmm..? Is there a 'third' option...?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11262 Aug 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Talents?
Like a **skill**?
That **is** what he was speaking of-- SKILL or KNOWLEDGE in how to do something.
Are you seriously this stupid, or did you take special brain-removal lessons?
Oh!
Silly me-- you DID, didn't you?
You called it "faith"...
Well , I guess the unfaithful servant buried the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE" while the others ,invested the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE"...

And, Yes Jesus talks about the Vineyard "owner" ...as, ownership is a big communist thing ...

I realize you can not admit errors ; so lets just drop this subject as I am feeling magnanimous ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11263 Aug 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with reading, now?
I said **regulated** capitalism is the best replacement.
You TeaBaggers seem to think there is only the one...!
What a moron you are.
..Freudian slip....??...You little Minx ..

(F.Y.I. they are called tea partiers )

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11264 Aug 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are what they are"...
And they are just beyond reasoning of science. We don't have to call it "God", but to claim that "Science has disproved God" is just to show ignorant.
Agreed-- there never was any proof **FOR** god in the first place!

Science had no need to disprove what was never PROVED.

Good!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11265 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well , I guess the unfaithful servant buried the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE" while the others ,invested the "SKILL or KNOWLEDGE"...
And, Yes Jesus talks about the Vineyard "owner" ...as, ownership is a big communist thing ...
I realize you can not admit errors ; so lets just drop this subject as I am feeling magnanimous ..
I never said the story made SENSE.

It doesn't, not really-- that's the way of ancient fairy-tales and myth.

Sometimes they just resolve into garbage:

Garbage IN.

Garbage OUT.

The bible is pretty much that in a nutshell.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11266 Aug 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Freudian slip....??...You little Minx ..
(F.Y.I. they are called tea partiers )
No-- TeaBagger is the correct term, as they are duchenozzles.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#11267 Aug 21, 2013
Hold tight. I think the US is just a few years behind.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>My youngest is aware of those incredibly positive stats, and wants to live in the UK or Australia, because he can't see the same happening here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Regolith Based Li... 75,476
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr John 6,109
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr John 209
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Nemesis 4,070
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) 11 hr John 164
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr Eagle 12 - 32,055
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web