Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11227 Aug 18, 2013
Where else could you have learned to lie so shamelessly about a god you have no evidence or any proof whatsoever for?

You are coming into the atheism forum selling us your god.

But you deny us the very thing that will make us convert - any proof whatsoever.

So keep lying and see how far that gets you here savages.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11229 Aug 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Where else could you have learned to lie so shamelessly about a god you have no evidence or any proof whatsoever for?
You are coming into the atheism forum selling us your god.
But you deny us the very thing that will make us convert - any proof whatsoever.
So keep lying and see how far that gets you here savages.
Ma'am, I was quoting from the atheists Richard Dawkins, Stephen J Gould, Peter Higgs... you can still respond to two of them if you want.

Location hidden

#11230 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma'am, I was quoting from the atheists Richard Dawkins, Stephen J Gould, Peter Higgs... you can still respond to two of them if you want.
You attack Dawkins because you cannot attack atheism.

You have nothing - no proof, no sense of honesty.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#11231 Aug 18, 2013
Scientists need to ignore their religion when they are working.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11232 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not Skeptic to know her wish... maybe she wouldn't exchange anything for wonderful kids described... certainly not kids who talks like you, don't you think?
The above are English words-- but the do not parse into a meaningful sentence.

Sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11233 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Speaking about Quantum Physics, Peter Higgs (who conjectured the existence of now discovered Higgs Boson) have this to say about Richard Dawkins: "EMBARRASSING".
"Peter Higgs criticises Richard Dawkins over anti-religious 'fundamentalism'... Higgs boson theorist says he agrees with those who find Dawkins' approach to dealing with believers 'embarrassing'"
Higgs argued that although he was not a believer, he thought science and religion were not incompatible. "The growth of our understanding of the world through science weakens some of the motivation which makes people believers. But that's not the same thing as saying they're incompatible. It's just that I think some of the traditional reasons for belief, going back thousands of years, are rather undermined.
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-islamists-hit-chr...
Stephen Jay Gould also said "there is no way that science by its legitimate methods can judge whether there's a god or god's involvement in the natural world... it lies beyong the scientific methods."
It is only the delusional atheists like you (not all atheists are like that, as you already see) that think theists can't be scientific - just look around you, go to churches and you'll find many Phd's in scientific fields. I am not a real "scientists" by definitian because I am a software developer, but it is still called a "computer science" background, so logically I don't think atheists are any better off than me to interpret reality... Given the same scientific data, it boils down to one's interpretation through one's worldview that decides what one believes - any philosopher of science would say this (and I take this from Alister McGrath's lecture): Natural order impose upon you no ideology at all. You can interpret nature in a christian way or an atheist way, but nature itself does not impose either of those upon you.
Quote MINES are just another way to lie.

You are quite GOOD at lying, you know-- but we see you for what you are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11234 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- YOU WERE LYING BY TAKING SNIPPETS OUT OF CONTEXT.

That is called "quote mining" and it is LYING.

You excel at it.

Location hidden

#11235 Aug 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- YOU WERE LYING BY TAKING SNIPPETS OUT OF CONTEXT.
That is called "quote mining" and it is LYING.
You excel at it.
These creationists know that they are lying. The more time they spend in here the less time they spend out in the real world converting stupid people in the street.
LCNlin

United States

#11236 Aug 18, 2013
President Obama supports Public Prayer
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11237 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Capitalism with **limits**.. rational, intelligent limits.
And the recognition that it's not magic-- but requires intelligent limits to keep it from being pure-D evil.
You want unlimited capitalism?
I present to you: the illegal drug trade.
No limits-- pure profit motive. And it's pure evil too.
Ah, "capitalism" mixed with a healthy dose of "christian" morality..

Just as God intended ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11238 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
All justice **only** has meaning within human cultures.
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
buzz..! incorrect ..

You are only lying to yourself ; a study using dogs to perform some task , when both animals were given bread as a reward they kept doing it , when one was given meat as the reward , the one receiving bread stopped working ..

Ergo , even animals have a sense of justice ..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11239 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows your kids may one day be blessed with joining our wonderful club? They'll sing "Jesus Loves You" to help you sleep when you're too angry to.
It's more likely that your children will join us.

You really should teach the kiddies the true second line to that song, "Jesus Loves Me, this I know, but only if I am Jewish and male, for the buybull tells me so.

Or maybe you should teach them the truth about your god, where they will never, ever be sinners again, just tell them that your god will make their Mommies and Daddies cook and eat them

Tell me how you lot manage to weed out the guys without perfect and pretty family jewels, getting too near your spellcasters.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11240 Aug 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists need to ignore their religion when they are working.
Evolution?

Location hidden

#11241 Aug 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's more likely that your children will join us.

You really should teach the kiddies the true second line to that song, "Jesus Loves Me, this I know, but only if I am Jewish and male, for the buybull tells me so.

Or maybe you should teach them the truth about your god, where they will never, ever be sinners again, just tell them that your god will make their Mommies and Daddies cook and eat them

Tell me how you lot manage to weed out the guys without perfect and pretty family jewels, getting too near your spellcasters.
"It's more likely that your children will join us. "

You are always good for a laugh or two!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.

Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.

According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...

According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."

Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population

While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...

Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:

The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%

persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,

In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:

In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.

Location hidden

#11242 Aug 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's more likely that your children will join us.

"god will make their Mommies and Daddies cook and eat them"

You don't have to be brain damaged to be an atheist but it sure helps.

Earth,TX

#11243 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
Yes, it's more likely that your children will join us. They will walk away from the stupid. Just like so many of us did, once we read the holey buybull. Girls should only learn total obedience.

Seriously teach your little Jewish boys the buybull, not silly songs that aren't in the buybull. Have you ever wondered why the actual buybull is taught after you are hog tied to the dogma?

BTW: Those numbers are seriously skewed, but you already know that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11244 Aug 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, "capitalism" mixed with a healthy dose of "christian" morality..
Just as God intended ..
Nope.

Your Jesus? He **hated** capitalism!

Seriously-- there is ONE TIME in your bible, where he interacted with a BUSINESS.

Do you know what the story was?

It was the nice convenient money changers business-- a kind of monetary convenience store.

This was because of the idiotic rules that your god **only** accepted HEBREW money!(I know-- what a loser the Hebrew god was, right?)

Anyhow, a nice CAPITALISM BUSINESS going on, conveniently changing other currency into the "godly" money.

What does your Jesus do?

HE DESTROYS IT!

Clearly, your Jesus HATES capitalism!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11245 Aug 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>buzz..! incorrect ..
You are only lying to yourself ; a study using dogs to perform some task , when both animals were given bread as a reward they kept doing it , when one was given meat as the reward , the one receiving bread stopped working ..
Ergo , even animals have a sense of justice ..
What a moron you are, here.

You are projecting your own HUMAN MOTIVES onto these dogs.

Idiot.

Earth,TX

#11246 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, 800? That has got to be the lowest amount, for at least the last 5,000 years.

There are about 216,000 people are born everyday, and all are atheist. That adds up to about 77 million people born a year. And since it takes from a child aged 4 to 5 years old to really bind a him/her to any indoctrination, and since only 800 a day are being indoctrinated, that leaves 215,0200 every day who aren't.

That makes about 784,823,000 a year, and over four years time 3,139,292,000 peoplearen't being indoctrinated. I figure that we are at about 350 million ahead of your numbers, for the 800 per. LOL!

And that is just the babies.

On any given day there are over 7 billion people on earth, and out of that 150,000 a day will die. Not one of them will have an afterlife, not one will have earned any reward or punishment to be meted out to the corpse .

Still that 800 people a day, who will be hood winked is sad but with the Internet and the availability of knowledge, that number can only continue to drop.

Earth,TX

#11247 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"god will make their Mommies and Daddies cook and eat them"
You don't have to be brain damaged to be an atheist but it sure helps.
It is what your god said, that he himself would do. Haven't you read your buybull? He totally owns it, and your little god-bots should know it.

The brain damage isn't in those people who would say "Hell No" to anything, or anyone making them eat their children. But you can't even say, you wouldn't for fear that your god might make you do it. Now that is some serious brain damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 2 hr Dogen 3,302
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 83,943
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 3 hr Cordwainer Trout 6
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 5 hr Bongo 135
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... 17 hr Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
More from around the web