Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#11206 Aug 17, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Madam Skeptic seems to be hardwired with this circular circuit to repeat a nonsensical statement over and over.
Prove God?
She must step outside of her brain to realize the internal limitations of the system. Much like Godel's Incompleteness theorem imply, we would never be able to mathematically or logically prove certain truth statements from within the system. There is a limit to human knowables (but well, there isn't a limit to infinite looping as -Skeptic- and Bob repeatedly illustrated here)
It is interesting to me that some atheists seem to believe that they don't have the burden of the proof (which I haven't asked them for), but only interested in shifting the impossible burden to others to prove the unprovable. I for one wants to know their "proof" for abiogenesis, and how everything "unconscious" - individual atoms and energy work togather to produce "consciousness" that is capable to be so "delusional" to think that it transcends its lifeless building blocks. This, on top of many probabilistic issues dues to the complexity of the system, have put atheists in a very indefensible position, and much like their use of the "god of the gap" to mock theists, they are "appealing to the future" for the evidence of a proof... which ultimately makes Atheism just another "Faith", rather than a scientific fact.
Richard Lewontin, an American evolutionary biologist and geneticist said in one article:
"we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."
..Wow.."Rusty Tin Can" ..You, are way more generous than 'we' deserve ; you make "-Skeptic-" sound as though he is willing to defend his position ...

This man wants "proof" ; and who doesn't ..?

(for "-Skeptic-" ,but then we become a religion of "signs" , not faith )

Las Vegas, NV

#11207 Aug 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The difference between science and creationism: science has things you can hit yourself round the head with as evidence.
what of the science of the "kalam" argument ...(supposedly 'you' atheists have already refuted it ;but,there is 'real' thought and science behind that argument ..)

Las Vegas, NV

#11208 Aug 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are **only** and **ever** required to prove your ugly god anytime you wish to **force** your ugly religion by law.
Let me reiterate: anytime you wish to pass a **law**, that **everyone** must follow, based on your horrid religion?
Then-- you are required to **prove** your religion is real.
There is only **one** way to do that: produce the god in question.
You cannot-- because your god isn't real.
And your justification for your religious bigotry evaporates.
I 'can' see the palpable anger in this post...almost as though.."you" subscribe ; to the belief >> that there must be "justice" in this existence <<..

there can not be objectivity "unless" God is real ..( do you understand "justice" would have no meaning .?)

Las Vegas, NV

#11209 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course! "capitalism" or "the worship of money" is wide-spread among Genuine Christians™ in the US.
and, I can shut you up ..."Name a better philosophy"

Las Vegas, NV

#11210 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>you're a dumb fuck ..there is so much abuse and horror done to children ..10 yr old hookers ...!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME ..???
That's why God gave us Hell ..
..Sorry about that ....."Reason Personifed"....

the bus was late , so I went across the street to get more beers ..(no bus again !)..I went back across the street ..

( long story "short" I'm gonna start drinking my beer on the bus )

I saw this young woman and her guardian , dressed much too scantily ; I don't know if they are selling fifteen year old's on the "strip" ..??

and, I had to vent ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#11211 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes-- you wish me violence.
Classic.
The **only** thing preventing you from MURDERING me and people like me?
Is **secular** laws...
... hate-cult? You are a shining example why Genuine Christianity™ is just another hate-cult.
..DRAMA QUEEN....(I called it)...!!

don't play any sports in the swimming pool , because people spit ..and, it might touch your body ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11212 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I 'can' see the palpable anger in this post...almost as though.."you" subscribe ; to the belief >> that there must be "justice" in this existence <<..
All justice **only** has meaning within human cultures.
number four wrote:
there can not be objectivity "unless" God is real ..( do you understand "justice" would have no meaning .?)
Bullshit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11213 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and, I can shut you up ..."Name a better philosophy"
Capitalism with **limits**.. rational, intelligent limits.

And the recognition that it's not magic-- but requires intelligent limits to keep it from being pure-D evil.

You want unlimited capitalism?

I present to you: the illegal drug trade.

No limits-- pure profit motive. And it's pure evil too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11214 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..DRAMA QUEEN....(I called it)...!!
don't play any sports in the swimming pool , because people spit ..and, it might touch your body ..
I see you are drunk posting again.

You must have cashed in your welfare check...

Las Vegas, NV

#11215 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I see you are drunk posting again.
You must have cashed in your welfare check...
...yep...So, I win..?

what do you suggest ?..feudalism , communism....???

.. can "YOU" answer ....??

Las Vegas, NV

#11216 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
All justice **only** has meaning within human cultures.
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
..okay..Why are "you" THE WHINER ...??

Since: Apr 12

Danville, CA

#11217 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
..Wow.."Rusty Tin Can" ..You, are way more generous than 'we' deserve ; you make "-Skeptic-" sound as though he is willing to defend his position ...
This man wants "proof" ; and who doesn't ..?
(for "-Skeptic-" ,but then we become a religion of "signs" , not faith )
I know, but I wasn't awake. If I was awake, I'd have responded in more reasonable way and fewer words.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11218 Aug 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...yep...So, I win..?
what do you suggest ?..feudalism , communism....???
.. can "YOU" answer ....??
Capitalism with **limits**.. rational, intelligent limits.

And the recognition that it's not magic-- but requires intelligent limits to keep it from being pure-D evil.

You want unlimited capitalism?

I present to you: the illegal drug trade.

No limits-- pure profit motive. And it's pure evil too.

Danville, CA

#11220 Aug 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
No tug you say is of worth unless its proof of god.
You are permitted a normal conversation after your cult has f*cked off.
Who knows your kids may one day be blessed with joining our wonderful club? They'll sing "Jesus Loves You" to help you sleep when you're too angry to.

Danville, CA

#11221 Aug 17, 2013
It wasn't completely by random "chance", according to Richard Dawkins...

Seed:

What’s a frequent mistake people make in arguing against evolution?

Dawkins:

You often find people who say, well, evolution is a theory of chance, in the absence of a designer. If it really were a theory of chance, of course they would be right to dismiss it as nonsense. No chance process could give rise to the prodigy of organized complexity that is the living world. But it’s not random chance. Natural selection is the exact opposite of a chance process. I’ve dedicated a number of my other books to showing that it is not.

-

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/richa...

and I always ask this: if macro evolution is true and no designer, what exactly is the "natural selector"? Natural laws? Do they need to evolve as well? Quantum Field? What shaped the Field to cause quantum interactions? No god is necessary?... but atheists have no explanation either, it all boils down to "faith", as Dawkins also admit in his debate with Lennox.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11222 Aug 17, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows your kids may one day be blessed with joining our wonderful club? They'll sing "Jesus Loves You" to help you sleep when you're too angry to.
What a positively horrid thing to say to a person-- wishing that they will have kids who are abused and brain-damaged by religion...

... that's sick, bub.

Danville, CA

#11223 Aug 17, 2013
What a positively horrid thing to say to a person-- wishing that they will have kids who are abused and brain-damaged by religion...
... that's sick, bub.
you're not Skeptic to know her wish... maybe she wouldn't exchange anything for wonderful kids described... certainly not kids who talks like you, don't you think?

Danville, CA

#11224 Aug 18, 2013
Speaking about Quantum Physics, Peter Higgs (who conjectured the existence of now discovered Higgs Boson) have this to say about Richard Dawkins: "EMBARRASSING".

"Peter Higgs criticises Richard Dawkins over anti-religious 'fundamentalism'... Higgs boson theorist says he agrees with those who find Dawkins' approach to dealing with believers 'embarrassing'"

Higgs argued that although he was not a believer, he thought science and religion were not incompatible. "The growth of our understanding of the world through science weakens some of the motivation which makes people believers. But that's not the same thing as saying they're incompatible. It's just that I think some of the traditional reasons for belief, going back thousands of years, are rather undermined.

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-islamists-hit-chr...

Stephen Jay Gould also said "there is no way that science by its legitimate methods can judge whether there's a god or god's involvement in the natural world... it lies beyong the scientific methods."

It is only the delusional atheists like you (not all atheists are like that, as you already see) that think theists can't be scientific - just look around you, go to churches and you'll find many Phd's in scientific fields. I am not a real "scientists" by definitian because I am a software developer, but it is still called a "computer science" background, so logically I don't think atheists are any better off than me to interpret reality... Given the same scientific data, it boils down to one's interpretation through one's worldview that decides what one believes - any philosopher of science would say this (and I take this from Alister McGrath's lecture): Natural order impose upon you no ideology at all. You can interpret nature in a christian way or an atheist way, but nature itself does not impose either of those upon you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11225 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
It wasn't completely by random "chance", according to Richard Dawkins...
Seed:
What’s a frequent mistake people make in arguing against evolution?
Dawkins:
You often find people who say, well, evolution is a theory of chance, in the absence of a designer. If it really were a theory of chance, of course they would be right to dismiss it as nonsense. No chance process could give rise to the prodigy of organized complexity that is the living world. But it’s not random chance. Natural selection is the exact opposite of a chance process. I’ve dedicated a number of my other books to showing that it is not.
-
http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/richa...
and I always ask this: if macro evolution is true and no designer, what exactly is the "natural selector"? Natural laws? Do they need to evolve as well? Quantum Field? What shaped the Field to cause quantum interactions? No god is necessary?... but atheists have no explanation either, it all boils down to "faith", as Dawkins also admit in his debate with Lennox.
Poeple like you who deny evolution are mentally ill. The only way it can be helped is if you seek treatment.

The one of the problems with the disease of creationism is that instead of seeing a doctor, creationists come in this forum and start lying about god.

When we ask them for evidence, they start making threats.

You people need help. So sad that humanity is laid waste by human arrogance and ignorance.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11226 Aug 18, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Speaking about Quantum Physics, Peter Higgs (who conjectured the existence of now discovered Higgs Boson) have this to say about Richard Dawkins: "EMBARRASSING".
"Peter Higgs criticises Richard Dawkins over anti-religious 'fundamentalism'... Higgs boson theorist says he agrees with those who find Dawkins' approach to dealing with believers 'embarrassing'"
Higgs argued that although he was not a believer, he thought science and religion were not incompatible. "The growth of our understanding of the world through science weakens some of the motivation which makes people believers. But that's not the same thing as saying they're incompatible. It's just that I think some of the traditional reasons for belief, going back thousands of years, are rather undermined.
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-islamists-hit-chr...
Stephen Jay Gould also said "there is no way that science by its legitimate methods can judge whether there's a god or god's involvement in the natural world... it lies beyong the scientific methods."
It is only the delusional atheists like you (not all atheists are like that, as you already see) that think theists can't be scientific - just look around you, go to churches and you'll find many Phd's in scientific fields. I am not a real "scientists" by definitian because I am a software developer, but it is still called a "computer science" background, so logically I don't think atheists are any better off than me to interpret reality... Given the same scientific data, it boils down to one's interpretation through one's worldview that decides what one believes - any philosopher of science would say this (and I take this from Alister McGrath's lecture): Natural order impose upon you no ideology at all. You can interpret nature in a christian way or an atheist way, but nature itself does not impose either of those upon you.
I find it funny when creationists call atheists "delusional".

As if its atheists that hallucinate all day...seeing no god everywhere...

Creationists tell us they have higher morals, but all I see are a savage bunch of cheap shot liars and scammers.

You must all be ex drug addicts or criminals no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min chandra 51,316
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Richardfs 5,788
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Dogen 460
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 22,088
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,635
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 5 hr krushy5657 186
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr par five 11,396
More from around the web