Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10934 Aug 7, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
Their glorification of a fictional beyond prevents full enjoyment of the (real) here below.
Still, "full enjoyment" is bounded by some "Reason", materially body is but a vase... from the same respectable poet:

Reason forbade me many things which,
Instinctively, my nature was attracted to;
And a perpetual loss I feel if, knowing,
I believe a falsehood or deny the truth

The body, which gives you during life a form,
Is but your vase: be not deceived, my soul!
Cheap is the bowl for storing honey in,
But precious for the contents of the bowl.

Al-Ma'arri

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10935 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
no one said anything about proof of god, "Reason".
Is that so?

"Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
oops, sorry my math was a little off, it wouldn't be Feynman, but Bob branched off to another universe to become a pastor singing "Onward Christian Soldiers"...
Of course Feynman was an atheist, but perhaps Bob can lecture him about how to disprove god..."
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10936 Aug 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Is that so?
Of course, Rusty does not like the question, as there is no proof of any God or gods, just wishful thinking on his part.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10940 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Does seems a bit of a bore at the moment...
You and Rusty need to raise your game if you want to be seen as proper Christians. You cant go around judging people, calling them bores or insulting them, if you want to emulate your superhero.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10942 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob you need to get yourself a real girl friend, you lack the capability to interpret situations (or purposely so?). It is so predictable that it becomes boring... I can just throw a stick and a puppy would faithfully bring it back to me and waff.
I am **only** predictable-- because I am responding to ...

......YOU.

Think about that for a second, and it'll come to you.

(... or maybe not-- you are not very good at making causal connections... are you?)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10943 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
no one said anything about proof of god, "Reason".
That is the sole reason why you are here-- to PROVE that your ugly BuyBull god is not just a myth.

So yeah--- it's been mentioned by pretty much everybody.

And **implied** by 99% of your ugly posts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10944 Aug 8, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Rusty need to raise your game if you want to be seen as proper Christians. You cant go around judging people, calling them bores or insulting them, if you want to emulate your superhero.
LOL!

Location hidden

#10946 Aug 8, 2013
spudgun wrote:
Of course, Rusty does not like the question, as there is no proof of any God or gods, just wishful thinking on his part.
I have no time to respond to rubbish or to the clowns who never read the posts before jumping in.

I have never claimed intention to prove God, ever. Since the beginning Bob and friend has created strawman after strawman to attack me on things I never represent.

Just start from my first post to Bob to inform him about alternate thread entry point, and judge for yourself if he ever gave me any meaningful response for me to continue any serious discussion with him (which I tried in my first few responses). At some point, you'll have to decide that his interest is only to attack me as belonging to "hate-cult" of christianity (as he himself admitted he could spot a "godbot" from miles away).

And then he whined when I dismissed him, and whined when I throw in jokes... and then all his nannies show up trying to sooth him.

I'm bookmarking my first post here, as well as some of my earlier posts to give you some ideas of what was going on, sane people can judge:

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T6RM5RH6A7...

It is people like you that Bob is presenting his strawmen to, who knows nothing about my position but jumping to conclusion based on his cheap claims and distraction strategy rather than addressing the question. Here's just one example of nonsense Bob and friend played, decide if you want to join?

Rusty: fyi, this thread can also be entered from other forums...

Quantum: Christians are cowards... hate-cult....

Rusty: What have I done, why respond in this manner?

Quantum: Because I can spot a godbot from a mile away

Rusty:(crying) But I'm innocent... see here's how...

Skeptic: All you need to do is prove god exist.

Location hidden

#10947 Aug 8, 2013
Is that so?
"Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
oops, sorry my math was a little off, it wouldn't be Feynman, but Bob branched off to another universe to become a pastor singing "Onward Christian Soldiers"...
Of course Feynman was an atheist, but perhaps Bob can lecture him about how to disprove god..."
"Reason", how exactly did you interpret that as me claiming to prove god? This is amazing.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10948 Aug 8, 2013
Do you mean Hawking, Hitchens or someone else?
What book specifically?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of Hawkings, who declared "Philosophy is dead" in his latest "grand-design"... but then went on using philosophical arguments for much of the book to argue for the death of philosophy.
But hey, it is a free world, you can say what you want.

Location hidden

#10949 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
The truth of evolution does not prove atheism.
I noticed your response to my post to Mahmood from Canada. But apparently that post of yours was removed by Topix for some reason.

I just want to clarify that Mahmood is a reasonable atheist/agnostic, so my response to him was not in any disrespect.

Location hidden

#10950 Aug 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do you mean Hawking, Hitchens or someone else?
What book specifically?
Stephen Hawking's latest book, "The Grand Design".

www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Design-Stephen-Hawki...

Location hidden

#10951 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Browse to Page 5:

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead...

(then he went on to offer his philosophical views...)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10952 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Browse to Page 5:
You wouldn't need to post so many times if you could just prove your god once!

This is how liars take up space - they talk ABOUT the subject instead of telling the truth that they have no evidence.

Location hidden

#10953 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Browse to Page 5:
You attack Hawkins because you cannot attack atheism. This is how cowardly dishonest people with no proof of their personal hallucinations think

Location hidden

#10954 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no time to respond to rubbish or to the clowns who never read the posts before jumping in.
You never have any time to prove your god - because you're liars -its really that simple.

You claim its the answer to the universe - the most important thing in life itself YET YOU RUN LIKE COWARDS when asked to prove this basic ignorant belief you hold.

Atheism does not ask us to lie about the reality around us. When you grow up maybe one day you will realise that nobody follows your hallucinations?

And that it is your duty to prove the stupid stuff that you invent and claim is universal truth.

it is not the job of atheists to run around sweeping up after the crap you introduce into the world from your mental illness.

Location hidden

#10955 Aug 8, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Browse to Page 5:
Theists love philosophy because it enables them to chat unsubstantiated bullshit to their hearts content while feeling as though they are intelligent.

Location hidden

#10956 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>Is that so?
"Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how rusty lies...predictable.

Location hidden

#10957 Aug 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
it is not the job of atheists to run around sweeping up after the crap you introduce into the world from your mental illness.
do you know that even Richard Dawkins associate himself with the "cult" you/Bob hated so much? Dawkins claimed to be a "cultural Anglican christian", so my guess is ... the "cult" isn't really as bad as you and Bob try to portray, right, or Dawkins would have disassociated himself?

How would a "mentally ill" cult contribute to a culture and heritage that even Dawkins want to keep? Do you think Dawkins want to move to an "Atheist" country, lets start with North Korea?
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10958 Aug 8, 2013
Thanks, it looks really good.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 23 min Eagle 12 - 632
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 21 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web