Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10869 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
... or perhaps I didn't recognize your sentences as answers.
Of course you didn't-- they were too much for your abilities to process.

You did not answer the conundrum I posted earlier:

Quantum Mechanics relies on uncertainty.

The very universe we exist in? Is a quantum mechanical one.

Once a QM phenomena is observed?(uncertainty removed) Then the QM state collapses into a single event.

An omniscient god? Would REMOVE ALL UNCERTAINTY.

*poof*

The universe as we know it-- collapses into a singularity.

Conclusion?

THERE ARE NO OMNISCIENT BEINGS ANYWHERE.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10870 Aug 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Oh how you LIE.
In your bigotry, you literally have to LIE to try to locate "support" for your delusions.
Einstein's "god"? Was the NON-SENTIENT rules by which the universe operated.
He was being POETIC, stupid.
If you'd READ what **HE** actually said about it? You would know this.
Instead of reading the LIES written by liars like you.
... ugg... your dishonesty has no limits.
I think you better do your fact-check. Is this how atheists operate? By assumptions?

Einstein (1929): "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind..."

and from an old post:

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T25VHR68J5...

"Religion without science is lame, science without religion is blind." - Albert Einstein

Surely he doesn't believe in a christian's personal god, he also said:

Einstein: "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."

I know some atheists want to reinterpret what einstein as saying that Einstein only treat god like Universe, but they are not ready to claim that Einstein never refer to god.

I think only liars are too keen on calling others liars.

Location hidden

#10871 Aug 5, 2013
Of course you didn't-- they were too much for your abilities to process.
You did not answer the conundrum I posted earlier:
Quantum Mechanics relies on uncertainty.
The very universe we exist in? Is a quantum mechanical one.
Once a QM phenomena is observed?(uncertainty removed) Then the QM state collapses into a single event.
An omniscient god? Would REMOVE ALL UNCERTAINTY.
*poof*
The universe as we know it-- collapses into a singularity.
Conclusion?
THERE ARE NO OMNISCIENT BEINGS ANYWHERE.
I don't think christians have problem with "uncertainty". Non-Calvinist christians do not believe in pre-destination. Actually the fact of "uncertainty" is pointed out in the bible to warn believers not to take things for granted. QM's uncertainty principle is also often used (rightly or not is another discussion) to support the principle of human free-will.

Location hidden

#10872 Aug 5, 2013
Your sarcasm here? Demonstrates the depths of your hate for me and people like me.
Thanks!
You are a credit to your cult of hate.
Oh, now you feel "hated"? I'm sorry again, I didn't know how to properly express myself... actually I want to pat your head if you're in front of me.

People can see how loving you are in your initial response to my post.

Location hidden

#10873 Aug 5, 2013
Who cares?
The principle named AFTER him proves beyond a doubt, that your god cannot be real.
You're right, surely Heisenberg himself didn't care enough to leave his religion, because it doesn't scratch the surface in dealing with the nature of God that we believe.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10874 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you better do your fact-check. Is this how atheists operate? By assumptions?
Einstein (1929): "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind..."
and from an old post:
"Religion without science is lame, science without religion is blind." - Albert Einstein
Surely he doesn't believe in a christian's personal god, he also said:
Einstein: "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."
I know some atheists want to reinterpret what einstein as saying that Einstein only treat god like Universe, but they are not ready to claim that Einstein never refer to god.
I think only liars are too keen on calling others liars.
Those fit perfectly with my statement-- Einstein's god was NON-SENTIENT.

Why do you lie?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10875 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think christians have problem with "uncertainty". Non-Calvinist christians do not believe in pre-destination. Actually the fact of "uncertainty" is pointed out in the bible to warn believers not to take things for granted. QM's uncertainty principle is also often used (rightly or not is another discussion) to support the principle of human free-will.
But. An ALL-KNOWING god?

Would eliminate ALL uncertainty.

And **poof** the Universe collapses into a point.

That?

Is PROOF your god isn't real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10876 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now you feel "hated"? I'm sorry again, I didn't know how to properly express myself... actually I want to pat your head if you're in front of me.
People can see how loving you are in your initial response to my post.
Your continued use of patronizing and sarcasm shows without a doubt, you hate people like me.

Thanks!

You are truly a credit to your cult-of-hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10877 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, surely Heisenberg himself didn't care enough to leave his religion, because it doesn't scratch the surface in dealing with the nature of God that we believe.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle proves beyond a doubt, that your god cannot possibly exist.

Period.

An **omniscient** god would destroy the uncertainty principle-- rendering the universe non-existent.

The universe does exist.

Therefore? Your omniscient god can not.

Location hidden

#10878 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Dawkins is cool but seems to prove nothing regarding God.
Economy according to Richard Dawkins:

(taken from my past post where I pointed out how desperate he could be to discredit "design" argument)

In his book "The Greatest Show on Earth", Dawkins claims that trees grow unnecessarily tall that they couldn't have been designed.

"And this brings us face to face with the difference between a designed economy and an evolutionary economy. In a designed economy there would be no trees, or certainly no very tall trees: no forests, no canopy. Trees are a waste. Trees are extravagant. Tree trunks are standing monuments to futile competition—futile if we think in terms of planned economy. But the natural economy is not planned. Individual plants compete with other plants, of the same and other species, and the result is that they grow taller and taller, far taller than any planner would recommend" (p.379)

Apparently Dawkins is no tree-hugger and birds don't like him.

Wonder how much more land would be necessary to support the eco-system if trees don't grow as tall as they do, and where do we get our timber? Thats what happen when you let an evolutionist give lecture about economy, they're used to luxury of billions of years to waste and now they believe we have billions of acres of land for cute-little trees.

Location hidden

#10879 Aug 5, 2013
But. An ALL-KNOWING god?
Would eliminate ALL uncertainty.
And **poof** the Universe collapses into a point.
That?
Is PROOF your god isn't real.
No, all-knowing doesn't mean there would be no uncertainty to human.

Given that god is timeless, it is probably a meaningless statement, just as stating that the schrodinger's cat is certainly dead after the door is opened.

No one knows what the "uncertainty" means. Some scientists believe that the "uncertainty" can be just a form of mathematical "Chaos", which actually have its "Order" within which human can't easily detect, with the right decoder you could decipher it the way Alan Turing's team broke the Enigma code.

Location hidden

#10880 Aug 5, 2013
Those fit perfectly with my statement-- Einstein's god was NON-SENTIENT.
Why do you lie?
You don't have to keep whining like a child, didn't I already say einstein didn't believe in a personal god?

You asked for reference to his reference to god, so I found ones that I posted in the past.

But which part of his statement sound so "Poetic" to you?

"I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind..."

"Religion without science is lame, science without religion is blind."

I think you need to go to mom for a hug.

Location hidden

#10881 Aug 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The more educated someone is, the less likely they are to believe in god. Why is that?
Is that observation even true? How do you obtain the statistics? I know my church has no shortage of Phds in it.

But surely schools are only feeding atheist thinking to kids, it is social engineering at work.

Location hidden

#10882 Aug 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Makes you wonder why prominent christians obsess about a reasonable man like Dawkins.
I don't think there was any "prominent christians" in the dialog, only horsemen Dawkins asking Hitchen if they should support christianity rather than trying to wipe it out... in doing so, Dawkins obviously believe Christianity could do what Atheism couldn't, right?

And, I don't think christians would see Dawkins as unreasonable man. I listen to their talks too, although mostly their debates with some religious group. He doesn't seem to want to debate with top christian debators nowadays though.

Location hidden

#10883 Aug 5, 2013
guess I'll need to get back to work now, catch you guys some other day.
LCN Llin

United States

#10884 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Economy according to Richard Dawkins:
(taken from my past post where I pointed out how desperate he could be to discredit "design" argument)
In his book "The Greatest Show on Earth", Dawkins claims that trees grow unnecessarily tall that they couldn't have been designed.
"And this brings us face to face with the difference between a designed economy and an evolutionary economy. In a designed economy there would be no trees, or certainly no very tall trees: no forests, no canopy. Trees are a waste. Trees are extravagant. Tree trunks are standing monuments to futile competition—futile if we think in terms of planned economy. But the natural economy is not planned. Individual plants compete with other plants, of the same and other species, and the result is that they grow taller and taller, far taller than any planner would recommend" (p.379)
Apparently Dawkins is no tree-hugger and birds don't like him.
Wonder how much more land would be necessary to support the eco-system if trees don't grow as tall as they do, and where do we get our timber? Thats what happen when you let an evolutionist give lecture about economy, they're used to luxury of billions of years to waste and now they believe we have billions of acres of land for cute-little trees.
Dawkins was on Dr. Who as himself.

Location hidden

#10885 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Dawkins was on Dr. Who as himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0AuA03cu6QkXX
lol! Can't watch videos at work.... will do that later...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10886 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all-knowing doesn't mean there would be no uncertainty to human.
*****bzzzz**** wrong answer.

It's not that ***humans** know or do not know.

It **is** that **any** observer-- in this case your omniscient god-- knows.

That **removes** all uncertainty.

And **poof** the Universe collapses into a singularity.

No more universe-- IF THERE IS AN ALL-KNOWING ANYTHING.

Proof your god is not real.

End of discussion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10887 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to keep whining like a child, didn't I already say einstein didn't believe in a personal god?
Your pathetic attempt to twist what I said into something ELSE?

Falls flat.

As was your pathetic attempt to DODGE the fact that you LIED about Einstein in your earlier post.

But lying is your stock and trade, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10888 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that observation even true? How do you obtain the statistics? I know my church has no shortage of Phds in it.
Piled Higher and Deeper. So what?

I'd bet you money, that many of them are closet atheists.

The world is full of such people--they play the game, to get along, or to gain accolades or other benefits.

Google The Clergy Project: a website dedicated to **atheist** preachers, pastors and other ministers who have lost their faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 5 hr old_moose 94
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 5 hr Eagle 12 - 104
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 79,988
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Fri blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web