Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10849 Aug 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to become brave and prove tbe god you're here to lie about BEFORE trying to attack science, a subject you don't understand.
Correct.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10850 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do you always turn a blind eye to child abuse?
<quoted text>
He **must**-- he is one of the principle abusers...
LCN Llin

United States

#10851 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
15 minutes you say. Yet this is from 27 years ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I71mjZefg8gXX
<quoted text>
Funny with Margaret Thatcher at the beginning.
Dawkins sells books,is good for laughs
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10852 Aug 4, 2013
Dawkins is a real scientist. Dawkin's biology work will live on long after the religitards that only know about "The God Delusion" have decomposed into mere plant food.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny with Margaret Thatcher at the beginning.
Dawkins sells books,is good for laughs
LCN Llin

United States

#10853 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Dawkins is a real scientist. Dawkin's biology work will live on long after the religitards that only know about "The God Delusion" have decomposed into mere plant food.
<quoted text>
Dawkins is qualified as a scientist.
In religion he seems out of his field?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10854 Aug 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
You dismissed me because I refuse to bow down to your false definition of "atheist".
I will dismiss (unread) your garbage-speak here.
**NO** religious person has ever managed to demonstrate even basic understanding of quantum mechanics.
This is likely because QM **proves** that the god they believe in, cannot possibly exist.
At all.
Proof? QM relies on statistical envelopes and probabilities. Within that scope, there **must** be a certain level of uncertainty.
Gods would eliminate that uncertainty.
And due to the Heisenberg principle? The Universe would collapse into a single non-quantum state.
The Universe does exist.
Therefore? Your god does not.
Lol, has Heisenberg become an atheist yet?

Werner Heisenberg: German theoretical physicist who made significant contributions to quantum mechanics, nuclear physics and quantum field theory. He was a practising Lutheran.

There is an article by Heisenberg himself where he discussed religion with other quantum physicists. Heisenberg was in some contrast with Paul Dirac (a more devout atheist there)... but one thing is clear, Heisenberg did not believe in what you said:

www.edge.org/conversation/science-and-religio...

I don't think Quantum Mechanics has refuted god in anyway, and some scientists even use its discovery to suggest that it supports the argument for god in contrast to Stephen Hawkings interpreting it otherwise. It still boils down to one's worldview to interpret the meaning of it all.

In fact, my christian view do not support determinism, and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle do not scratch the surface of most christians belief (it certainly does not contradict, if not support the moral principle of free-will). The fact that Einstein was deeply troubled when he said "God does not play dice" says a lot about the debate - but non of those serious scientists brush god aside as easily as many scientist-wannabes.

===
Another Quantum pioneer, Max Planck, who may be a deist (rather than christian), in his lecture "Religion und Naturwissenschaft" suggested the importance of symbols and rituals related directly with a believer's ability to worship God, but that one must be mindful that the symbols provide an imperfect illustration of divinity. He criticized atheism for being focused on the derision of such symbols, while at the same time warned of the over-estimation of the importance of such symbols by believers.

Max Planck said "All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter"

In 1944, he indicating that he believed in some kind of god.

Planck regarded the scientist as a man of imagination and faith, "faith" interpreted as being similar to "having a working hypothesis". For example the causality principle isn't true or false, it is an act of faith.

He also said: "Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view".

Location hidden

#10855 Aug 4, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Reminds me of Hawkings, who declared "Philosophy is dead" in his latest "grand-design"... but then went on using philosophical arguments for much of the book to argue for the death of philosophy.

But hey, it is a free world, you can say what you want.

Location hidden

#10856 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Dawkins is a real scientist. Dawkin's biology work will live on long after the religitards that only know about "The God Delusion" have

decomposed into mere plant food.
There are many "real scientists" who believe in god as well. Admitedly some believes in impersonal god (Einstein for one), some do

believe in personal god. Being a Real scientist neither make one an atheists or theist, great scientists come as theists and atheists

alike. Dawkins was involved in a few unimpressive debates with some christian scientists such as John Lennox and Francis Collins. In the

debate with Collins, Dawkins was pretty much silenced when Francis Collins (a Christian) used his credential as the NIH director and chief

scientist in charge of famous Human Genome Project http://www.nih.gov/about/director/index.htm to dared Dawkins to challenge his

scientific credential.(well, I don't recall Dawkins talk much about his selfish-gene in that debate... lol!) In one of his debate against

Lennox, Dawkins basically admit that belief in Theism or Atheism both involves element of Faith (sounds pretty "religious" to me). The

point is, anyone who trys to claim that all theists are stupid must claim to possess a superset of knowledge to many theist scientists

such as Francis Collins, John Polkinhorne, James Tour (creator of molecular nanocar) etc. There is not a dispute between theist and

atheist scientists in empirical sciences, the dispute is in interpretation of the same data, and the area of science bordering philosophy

(such as can non-life give rise to life "abiogenesis", or what gives laws etc).

Location hidden

#10857 Aug 4, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Well, even Dawkins s not as devoult an atheist as our atheist trinity we find here:

from my old thread:

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TLESVENJP3...

Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion, said:“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of

any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I

have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.”

"The rapidly accelerating growth of Islam in Europe has produced a few unexpected alliances: Buddhists have joined Polish Nationalists in

protesting the construction of a Mosque in Warsaw; atheist Richard Dawkins is having second thoughts about the collapse of Christianity

in Britain"

Dawkins to Hitchens: "If we win and destroy Christianity, won’t Islam replace it?"

In the Christmas issue of The New Statesman Richard Dawkins,the guest editor, asks Christopher Hitchens if he’s worried that Islam will

replace Christianity if the New Atheists succeed in their goal of destroying Christianity:

‘Do you ever worry that if we win and, so to speak, destroy Christianity, that vacuum would be filled by Islam?’

Protect the Pope hasn’t got a copy of The New Statesman so we can’t post Hitchens’reply.

But here’s a comment from one of Richard Dawkins friends, the Rev. George Pitcher:

‘For all his claims that Christianity has been a brutal force throughout history, I’m sure Prof Dawkins’attitude, revealed here, isn’t

reciprocated. I don’t recall Rowan Williams talking about “destroying atheism”.

So it’s good to know,at last, where Prof Dawkins really stands – and, incidentally, it’s not where the gracious, generous-spirited and

libertarian Hitchens stands. Hitchens hates totalitarianism. And it’s totalitarians who have tried and failed throughout history to “destroy

Christianity”. Dawkins now sees that as a measure of winning. Good luck with that, Richard. And happy Christmas.’

Location hidden

#10858 Aug 4, 2013
apologize for last post's "broken" sentences, as I copy/paste it from my old thread.

Location hidden

#10859 Aug 5, 2013
Richard Lewontin (American evolutionary biologist) reveals atheist attitude about their scientific reasoning:

"We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, and in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so-stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T25VHR68J5...

Location hidden

#10860 Aug 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
You dismissed me because I refuse to bow down to your false definition of "atheist".
You feel "dismissed"...? I didn't know that...

Maybe there're too many of your friends here causing distraction, or perhaps I didn't recognize your sentences as answers. I'm so sorry I hurt your feeling, maybe I'll have my whole church pray for your emotional wellbeing... you sure sound easily disturbed by normal things, such as people innocently claiming to believe in god.
LCN Llin

United States

#10861 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of Hawkings, who declared "Philosophy is dead" in his latest "grand-design"... but then went on using philosophical arguments for much of the book to argue for the death of philosophy.
But hey, it is a free world, you can say what you want.
Dawkins is cool but seems to prove nothing regarding God.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10862 Aug 5, 2013
You want religion to have somewhere to hide from reason?
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10863 Aug 5, 2013
Makes you wonder why prominent christians obsess about a reasonable man like Dawkins.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, even Dawkins s not as devoult an atheist as our atheist trinity we find here:
from my old thread:
www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TLESVENJP3...
Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion, said:“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of
any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I
have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.”
"The rapidly accelerating growth of Islam in Europe has produced a few unexpected alliances: Buddhists have joined Polish Nationalists in
protesting the construction of a Mosque in Warsaw; atheist Richard Dawkins is having second thoughts about the collapse of Christianity
in Britain"
Dawkins to Hitchens: "If we win and destroy Christianity, won’t Islam replace it?"
In the Christmas issue of The New Statesman Richard Dawkins,the guest editor, asks Christopher Hitchens if he’s worried that Islam will
replace Christianity if the New Atheists succeed in their goal of destroying Christianity:
‘Do you ever worry that if we win and, so to speak, destroy Christianity, that vacuum would be filled by Islam?’
Protect the Pope hasn’t got a copy of The New Statesman so we can’t post Hitchens’reply.
But here’s a comment from one of Richard Dawkins friends, the Rev. George Pitcher:
‘For all his claims that Christianity has been a brutal force throughout history, I’m sure Prof Dawkins’attitude, revealed here, isn’t
reciprocated. I don’t recall Rowan Williams talking about “destroying atheism”.
So it’s good to know,at last, where Prof Dawkins really stands – and, incidentally, it’s not where the gracious, generous-spirited and
libertarian Hitchens stands. Hitchens hates totalitarianism. And it’s totalitarians who have tried and failed throughout history to “destroy
Christianity”. Dawkins now sees that as a measure of winning. Good luck with that, Richard. And happy Christmas.’
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10864 Aug 5, 2013
The more educated someone is, the less likely they are to believe in god. Why is that?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many "real scientists" who believe in god as well. Admitedly some believes in impersonal god (Einstein for one), some do
believe in personal god. Being a Real scientist neither make one an atheists or theist, great scientists come as theists and atheists
alike. Dawkins was involved in a few unimpressive debates with some christian scientists such as John Lennox and Francis Collins. In the
debate with Collins, Dawkins was pretty much silenced when Francis Collins (a Christian) used his credential as the NIH director and chief
scientist in charge of famous Human Genome Project http://www.nih.gov/about/director/index.htm to dared Dawkins to challenge his
scientific credential.(well, I don't recall Dawkins talk much about his selfish-gene in that debate... lol!) In one of his debate against
Lennox, Dawkins basically admit that belief in Theism or Atheism both involves element of Faith (sounds pretty "religious" to me). The
point is, anyone who trys to claim that all theists are stupid must claim to possess a superset of knowledge to many theist scientists
such as Francis Collins, John Polkinhorne, James Tour (creator of molecular nanocar) etc. There is not a dispute between theist and
atheist scientists in empirical sciences, the dispute is in interpretation of the same data, and the area of science bordering philosophy
(such as can non-life give rise to life "abiogenesis", or what gives laws etc).
LCN Llin

United States

#10865 Aug 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The more educated someone is, the less likely they are to believe in god. Why is that?
<quoted text>
If you have no links or examples to offer
we must regard this as a "self evident truth", which we must accept on the basis of Faith?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10866 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, has Heisenberg become an atheist yet?
Who cares?

The principle named AFTER him proves beyond a doubt, that your god cannot be real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10867 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many "real scientists" who believe in god as well. Admitedly some believes in impersonal god (Einstein for one),
Oh how you LIE.

In your bigotry, you literally have to LIE to try to locate "support" for your delusions.

Einstein's "god"? Was the NON-SENTIENT rules by which the universe operated.

He was being POETIC, stupid.

If you'd READ what **HE** actually said about it? You would know this.

Instead of reading the LIES written by liars like you.

... ugg... your dishonesty has no limits.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10868 Aug 5, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
You feel "dismissed"...? I didn't know that...
Maybe there're too many of your friends here causing distraction, or perhaps I didn't recognize your sentences as answers. I'm so sorry I hurt your feeling, maybe I'll have my whole church pray for your emotional wellbeing... you sure sound easily disturbed by normal things, such as people innocently claiming to believe in god.
Your sarcasm here? Demonstrates the depths of your hate for me and people like me.

Thanks!

You are a credit to your cult of hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Frindly 1,512
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 12 hr Baffled 1,179
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr Eagle 12 - 32,463
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Tue Ben Avraham 100
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Aug 21 Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
More from around the web