Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10808 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
jesus culting christ you're dense.
You said it was wrong to keep children away from religion.
If so, does it have to be your religion?
I appreciate if you provide the link to where I ever said that ("wrong to keep children away from religion")?

I notice "tweaking" words has become a pattern in this thread.

I assume that people can understand sentences in its context, unless of course they never read the post.

What I said was in argument to Quantum Bob's accusation of christian's "indoctrination" of children by pointing out that it wouldn't be right for parents to live out their faith (or lack of) and expect their children not to follow their leader.
LCN Llin

United States

#10810 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
"discussion" that starts like this: "prove god, and give two examples"... and "I want my popcorns"

and his other name
givemesomethingorelse..
amusing lit. freak
Thinking

Royston, UK

#10811 Aug 2, 2013
That would be your post #10720

My idea is that you mix your progeny around several religions instead of one. That way we can avoid religious ghettoisation.

Or do you have a problem with other religions?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate if you provide the link to where I ever said that ("wrong to keep children away from religion")?
I notice "tweaking" words has become a pattern in this thread.
I assume that people can understand sentences in its context, unless of course they never read the post.
What I said was in argument to Quantum Bob's accusation of christian's "indoctrination" of children by pointing out that it wouldn't be right for parents to live out their faith (or lack of) and expect their children not to follow their leader.

Location hidden

#10812 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That would be your post #10720
My idea is that you mix your progeny around several religions instead of one. That way we can avoid religious ghettoisation.
Ok, lets bring that post in here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T6R...
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Are you then sure imposition of atheistic worldview to your kids is not a form of "abusive" indoctrination?
No, denying your children from what one know positively affects oneself is a form of child abuse. Parents naturally go with what they believe is best for their childre, and no one would call you an abuser for denying your children a theistic worldview that has proven to help kids in positive ways. It would be child abuse for parents to go to their churches while leaving the kids behind. It would be child-abuse for parents to live one way while trying to hide it from the children. On simply have to live honorably and honestly, and nothing is preventing the kids from thinking for themselves when they grow up.
that was in response to your post:
Thinking wrote:
Religious indoctrination is child abuse.
Don't inflict religion on a child before they're legally allowed to drink.
You post (which I responded to) did not indicate which religion, so I did not assume the context of christianity only, although I used the example of "parents to go to their churches while leaving the kids behind", the argument would be just as valid for parents going to the mosques - irrespective of whether I agree with the religion or not.

Location hidden

#10813 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Ok, I want to make my position clear once and for all (it appears that a few atheists in this thread are too keen to jump to some "selected" conclusion about me).

"Do I have problem with other religions?"

Yes, the same way that atheists have problem with any religions (I thought you knew that?)

It is interesting that you would only ask me this while your friends Quantum and Skeptic constantly express their hatred towards believers (and... what about yourself?) Did you have a problem with Quantum Bob in his response to my questioning him on why he responded in such a response to my initial post, this was his response:

"Because I've been on Topix since 2005 ... I've learned how to spot a godbot a mile away"

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T6RM5RH6A7...

But then you and madem Skeptic gave him full support while trying everything from tweaking my words or creating strawmen to paint me a "hate-cult"?

While I have my position against other belief systems, I do not attack the person based on their belief although I may voice disagreement to their belief, unless the person first make personal attacks or caught lying - even then I do not use words that your friends used.

I don't have to defend myself, my posts speak about me, some of them are worse than others, but nothing come close to what your friends have displayed.

I do not disrespect believers of other religions. I was on record giving support to muslims who are against violence (Zuhdi Jasser, Irshaq Manji, etc), I voiced my respect for Buddhism, I even once argued for the case of Atheist's reasoning against one muslims accusation of it. I have atheists and muslim friends in this forum, although we don't necessarily agree.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10814 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I want to make my position clear once and for all (it appears that a few atheists in this thread are too keen to jump to some "selected" conclusion about me).
Yes, the same way that atheists have problem with any religions (I thought you knew that?)
It is interesting that you would only ask me this while your friends Quantum and Skeptic constantly express their hatred towards believers (and... what about yourself?) Did you have a problem with Quantum Bob in his response to my questioning him on why he responded in such a response to my initial post, this was his response:
"Because I've been on Topix since 2005 ... I've learned how to spot a godbot a mile away"
But then you and madem Skeptic gave him full support while trying everything from tweaking my words or creating strawmen to paint me a "hate-cult"?
While I have my position against other belief systems, I do not attack the person based on their belief although I may voice disagreement to their belief, unless the person first make personal attacks or caught lying - even then I do not use words that your friends used.
I don't have to defend myself, my posts speak about me, some of them are worse than others, but nothing come close to what your friends have displayed.
I do not disrespect believers of other religions. I was on record giving support to muslims who are against violence (Zuhdi Jasser, Irshaq Manji, etc), I voiced my respect for Buddhism, I even once argued for the case of Atheist's reasoning against one muslims accusation of it. I have atheists and muslim friends in this forum, although we don't necessarily agree.
All you need to do is prove your god instead of continue to lie about it in this forum. For some reason you find this insulting.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10815 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should change your name to Bot of Quantum-Faith. You keep making unintelligible sound in looping grooves like a broken vinyl record. People don't listen to broken records, they can judge by reading the posts.
You prove my earlier point: you cannot muster up an actual ARGUMENT.

So you resort to childish insults, as in the above.

Sad.

But Oh So TYPICAL of a Genuine Christhole™.

Location hidden

#10816 Aug 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All you need to do is prove your god instead of continue to lie about it in this forum. For some reason you find this insulting.
Ok, the story goes like this:

Rusty: fyi, this thread can also be entered from other forums...

Quantum: Christians are cowards... hate-cult....

Rusty: What have I done, why respond in this manner?

Quantum: Because I can spot a godbot from a mile away

Rusty:(crying) But I'm innocent... see here's how...

You: All you need to do is prove god exist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10817 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who's the "7th grader"... but it was amusing to me that someone would grab any opportunity (even my attempt to inform him of alternate thread-entry point) to label me hate-cult as if he's the peaceful one.
One must think twice before greeting certain "peaceful" atheists, my mistake.
I was dead-on correct: your hateful and personal attacks to me have proved beyond a doubt, you **are** a hateful cultist.

You continue to prove my assessment with each of your hateful replies... the above is yet another example.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10818 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
And you continue to show that my original assessment of you was spot-on correct--

-- any chance you get, you stoop to insult, ridicule and belittling commentary.

Instead of actual arguments.

Even your wall-of-words post above? Has insult, et-al in it.

Thanks!

My initial knee-jerk assessment of you-- that you are as intolerant and hateful as any other Genuine Christhole™-- was the correct conclusion.

Location hidden

#10819 Aug 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
And you continue to show that my original assessment of you was spot-on correct--
Thanks!
My initial knee-jerk assessment of you-- that you are as intolerant and hateful as any other Genuine Christhole™-- was the correct conclusion.
pleasure is all mine, I thought you'll show up to speak explain in a way that I couldn't... about yourself.

anyone who doesn't follow the story can start from the very beginning.... but here's the disclaimer: don't judge all atheists based on the characters in the story.

I should rest my case.

Location hidden

#10820 Aug 2, 2013
and Bob, I might have misjudged you when I gave you this quantum riddle "(did I post this before you read it, or did I post it because of your reading it?)"

You probably didn't know what I was talking about, despite your name.
LCN Llin

United States

#10821 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
pleasure is all mine, I thought you'll show up to speak explain in a way that I couldn't... about yourself.
anyone who doesn't follow the story can start from the very beginning.... but here's the disclaimer: don't judge all atheists based on the characters in the story.
I should rest my case.
"...knee-jerk assessment...." ;-)

He has no links or examples to offer ;-)
LCN Llin

United States

#10822 Aug 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
Love your "...knee-jerk assessment...." LOL

As usual you have no links or examples to offer

alas you are fun to read and keep posting in good physical health

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10823 Aug 2, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I should rest my case.
Indeed you should.

Your hate is showing. Again.

Location hidden

#10824 Aug 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
He has no links or examples to offer ;-)
no, he has, bad examples.

Location hidden

#10825 Aug 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, the story goes like this:
Rusty: fyi, this thread can also be entered from other forums...
Quantum: Christians are cowards... hate-cult....
Rusty: What have I done, why respond in this manner?
Quantum: Because I can spot a godbot from a mile away
Rusty:(crying) But I'm innocent... see here's how...
You: All you need to do is prove god exist.
Describing the situation does not advance it.

You havent proven the god you're here to lie about or made any arguments backed by any evidence.

Go and play in a different topix forum where you will be surrounded by sufficiently ignorant and susceptive people.

Location hidden

#10826 Aug 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I should rest my case.
The only case you have is a nut, you creationist troll in the making.

Location hidden

#10827 Aug 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
and Bob, I might have misjudged you when I gave you this quantum riddle "(did I post this before you read it, or did I post it because of your reading it?)"
You probably didn't know what I was talking about, despite your name.
Now you know what it feels like to be judged you creationist piece of sh*t.

How does it feel?

Exactly.

Now correct your bible and remove the part about atheists being fools.

Do this before you start telling us your bullsh*t fairy story.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10828 Aug 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
no, he has, bad examples.
Which you cannot seem to muster up a counter-argument to.

Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 11 min Impeach the Creep 3
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 1 hr Bongo 135
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr dark chocolate 3,292
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr lightbeamrider 83,935
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... 13 hr Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism 21 hr blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
More from around the web