Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
10,341 - 10,360 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

It can be.

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
swearing is amusing.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Religious indoctrination is child abuse.
Don't inflict religion on a child before they're legally allowed to drink.
Are you then sure imposition of atheistic worldview to your kids is not a form of "abusive" indoctrination?

No, denying your children from what one know positively affects oneself is a form of child abuse. Parents naturally go with what they believe is best for their childre, and no one would call you an abuser for denying your children a theistic worldview that has proven to help kids in positive ways. It would be child abuse for parents to go to their churches while leaving the kids behind. It would be child-abuse for parents to live one way while trying to hide it from the children. On simply have to live honorably and honestly, and nothing is preventing the kids from thinking for themselves when they grow up.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Well, since most people on the planet don't believe in your god, why not have a christian child, a buddhist child and a hindu child instead of all three the same religion?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you then sure imposition of atheistic worldview to your kids is not a form of "abusive" indoctrination?
No, denying your children from what one know positively affects oneself is a form of child abuse. Parents naturally go with what they believe is best for their childre, and no one would call you an abuser for denying your children a theistic worldview that has proven to help kids in positive ways. It would be child abuse for parents to go to their churches while leaving the kids behind. It would be child-abuse for parents to live one way while trying to hide it from the children. On simply have to live honorably and honestly, and nothing is preventing the kids from thinking for themselves when they grow up.

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Well, since most people on the planet don't believe in your god, why not have a christian child, a buddhist child and a hindu child instead of all three the same religion?
So, are you responding to my post or are you still talking to yourself? I have no idea what your point is here.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Thinking wrote:
It can be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jdkN57xvekIXX
<quoted text>
OK had to look this up.:-)
Enjoyed your post and watched another episode on youtube

"Father Ted is an Irish sitcom that was produced by Hat Trick Productions for British broadcaster Channel 4. An Irish-British co-production, written jointly by Irish writers Arthur Mathews and Graham Linehan and starring a predominantly Irish cast, it originally aired over three series from 21 April 1995 until 1 May 1998, including a Christmas special, for a total of 25 episodes."
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused by what is going on in this thread...
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
Life is very confusing and then we die!
The United Kingdom has given us the BBC to atone for our various sins, of maybe not.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree
skeptic seems a creationist troll bent on embarrassing atheists.
Profanity seems his watchword.
All you can play is hopeless games because you know you're a creationist troll liar with no proof of god and nobody takes your stupid cult seriously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I "play victim" in which post? I showed "dishonesty" in which sentence? I "ruthlessly hate" atheists in which revelation?
<quoted text>
Have you read my posts to Quantum Bob, do you really know my position enough? If you are speaking on behalf of Quantum Bob, answer to the points of mys respond instead of cheap accusations. My initial post to Quantum Bob was just a friendly FYI post to clear up the thread-entry point assumption. If doing that would cause some atheists to respond in such hateful way, then you have only prove that some atheists are worse than other atheists, and I have always been in nice conversation with other atheists here (in Islam forum).
When you're brave enough the prove the god you're here to lie about to us, your halfwit opinions about atheists might matter more

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a worldview, its a fact. If you can provide evidence for the alternative, you will look less stupid here.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Are you being deliberately evasive or are you just another religitard?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you responding to my post or are you still talking to yourself? I have no idea what your point is here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused by what is going on in this thread...
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
You're in the wrong thread - you're looking for the "I'm a weasel with no proof of god or any proper arguments about atheism, but I'll chat self-righteous bullsh*t anyway to prop up the creationist trolls"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Another creationist troll who thinks he's super smart.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can play is hopeless games because you know you're a creationist troll liar with no proof of god and nobody takes your stupid cult seriously.
Thanks! You are always a gentlewoman and positive in your attitudes.
Have a Nice Day

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Atheism is not a worldview, its a fact.
If you can provide evidence for the alternative, you will look less stupid here.
The claim that "it is fact" comes right out from your worldview too, you know?

If you are so keen on insisting that I prove "God" (which is a nonsense request by definition, and which I see as your convenient one-size-fits-all distraction form real argument), would you then prove your claim that Atheism is a "fact"?

I never claim theism to be a provable fact (I would just as well return to my atheist past if I hold that view), so there is no bravery necessary to admit there can't be a proof. I have discussed this at length with other atheists in the past, tell me why I should waste my time with you after seeing your "sincerity" in responding to posts?

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Thinking wrote:
no, go back to your response and tell me how it was relevant?

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Another creationist troll who thinks he's super smart.
oh, I never claimed to be smart in any of these posts... did you see a shadow of it in my posts to cause you to make such "super smart" remark?

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
Life is very confusing and then we die!
The United Kingdom has given us the BBC to atone for our various sins, of maybe not.
UK has given us this genius holding an apple in my avatar. One who contributed so much in defeating Hitler (on top of his many computational and mathematical advances), but sadly was persecuted to his suicide by the very country he helped save - for being a gay.

Avatar picture taken from the statue of Alan Turing in his memorial at Sackville Park, England - as "atonement" for UK's sin of not loving their hero.

But of course, that can be used by atheists to launch attack
against theism...

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
UK has given us this genius holding an apple in my avatar. One who contributed so much in defeating Hitler (on top of his many computational and mathematical advances), but sadly was persecuted to his suicide by the very country he helped save - for being a gay.
Suicide by eating the cyanide apple in 1954.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Avatar picture taken from the statue of Alan Turing in his memorial at Sackville Park, England - as "atonement" for UK's sin of not loving their hero.
But of course, that can be used by atheists to launch attack
against theism...
Read of his persecution and tragic death.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

I have an issue with religious ghettoisation caused by indoctrinating children into the same faith as their parents.

You said that enforcing no religion until say 16/18/21 was inflexible.

I suggested an alternative methodology.

How was that not relevant?
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
no, go back to your response and tell me how it was relevant?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Eagle 12 225,700
Our world came from nothing? 28 min NightSerf 369
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 30 min inbred Genius 115
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 31 min susanblange 293
If Christianity were true... 53 min Thinking 155
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 56 min Thinking 417
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr I can read 21,464

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••