Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10613 Jul 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason I know more about the bible than you?
Is because I never lost my curiosity, and back when I was still trying to be a believer, I was curious about the bible-- when did it come? How? Who was responsible?.. and so on.
As I began to study the history of the bible? I really began to understand why it is the way it is-- and why so much of it is simply bronze-age-- and no more sophisticated than bronze age thinking.
It's because the bible is that old-- nothing newer in it.
Which, if there was a real, living god?
Is ... problematic.
Why did not this "living god" update the bible to keep up with the new discoveries humans are busy making about the universe?
The only real answer can be--because there never was a god in the first place **to** update it.
And that the people who all wrote it are long dead-- we'll never know their true motives.
Curiosity killed my faith in god; I was not content with non-answers of "mystery of god--don't ask", and I asked.
The answers explained much; chiefly that the bible is purely human in origin.
And that pure human origin explains why it's so... evil.
Humans who would rule over others, tend to be corrupt and evil after all.
Ahh.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..this is why Jesus only taught in parables ...these remain timeless ..

And , I'm not really sure how these really old texts (Jewish ,Hindu and so forth )...could keep such a prevalent following ...if there really wasn't something to them ..

I mean we stopped worshiping Volcano's , the Moon and Cats ..long long ago ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10614 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..this is why Jesus only taught in parables ...these remain timeless ..
And , I'm not really sure how these really old texts (Jewish ,Hindu and so forth )...could keep such a prevalent following ...if there really wasn't something to them ..
That's your excuse? Because the crowd goes along-- you will too?

What if they all decided to drink poison.... would you still follow?

When do you stop following the crowd (like a mindless sheep) and begin paying attention?

Not that long ago? Everyone just **knew** the world was flat.

Did that make the world flat? No...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10615 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well, you did specifically say ..that, if you could invent God ..You would make one that didn't eat babies ..
No, I did not specifically, nor nonspecifically say, any such thing.

Do gods eat babies?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#10617 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Do you really believe you just vanish at death ...no kind of energy or recycling of your essence ..??
I never said that I believe we just vanish. Physically I know my body will go to the dirt. As far as my soul is concerned...I have no idea. I don't believe that anyone does. I like to dream about different things that could be, but that doesn't make them fact any more than dreaming that a "god" is real makes it fact. I just know that I don't believe in the biblical "god", or the bible. I have no idea where my energy will go after I die.

Las Vegas, NV

#10618 Jul 14, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
I personally would demand more from any god of my choosing. A god of mine wouldn't let me make so many mistakes, while wearing it's colours.
..Okay...So I "used" creative licence ...!

As a Texan ...If you decide to to punish "me" ...I choose the bullet 'over' the wet tampon ...

Yup..Some Gods demand children ..

Las Vegas, NV

#10619 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I believe we just vanish. Physically I know my body will go to the dirt. As far as my soul is concerned...I have no idea. I don't believe that anyone does. I like to dream about different things that could be, but that doesn't make them fact any more than dreaming that a "god" is real makes it fact. I just know that I don't believe in the biblical "god", or the bible. I have no idea where my energy will go after I die.
..as a "joke" would you sell your soul to the Devil ....??

Please understand ....I couldn't proselytize...for Christianity on this thread ...if my life depended on it ...I'm too much of a jerk ....But, as a joke ...could you do such a thing ...?..(sell your soul)

Location hidden

#10620 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..as a "joke" would you sell your soul to the Devil ....??
Please understand ....I couldn't proselytize...for Christianity on this thread ...if my life depended on it ...I'm too much of a jerk ....But, as a joke ...could you do such a thing ...?..(sell your soul)
Hells to tha no... Well I guess maybe if he promised me a spot in heaven.... LMAO!!!!!

In all seriousness...no... if there were a devil, I don't think he would have any good use for my soul.

Las Vegas, NV

#10621 Jul 15, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Hells to tha no... Well I guess maybe if he promised me a spot in heaven.... LMAO!!!!!
In all seriousness...no... if there were a devil, I don't think he would have any good use for my soul.
..Umm..the Devil can't use soul ....he only takes them ,so he can hurt God ...

You are quite prudent ; and ,might I add ..." I bet you smell terrific !"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10622 Jul 15, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Umm..the Devil can't use soul ....he only takes them ,so he can hurt God ...
How on earth does putting souls in god-created hell-- where god **intended** that they go in the first place -- cause this god any distress?

More to the point?

If that did "hurt god"? That means your devil is **more** powerful than your god is!

For only by being **more** powerful, could he hurt god...!

You really don't think these things through, do you?

Location hidden

#10623 Jul 15, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Umm..the Devil can't use soul ....he only takes them ,so he can hurt God ...
You are quite prudent ; and ,might I add ..." I bet you smell terrific !"
Well thanks....I have to agree with Bob though... the biblical god supposedly created hell, and he is supposed to already know the decisions that we will make so I don't think he would be surprised or hurt if a soul gets sent to hell. That makes sense.

Las Vegas, NV

#10624 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>
How on earth does putting souls in god-created hell-- where god **intended** that they go in the first place -- cause this god any distress?
More to the point?
If that did "hurt god"? That means your devil is **more** powerful than your god is!
For only by being **more** powerful, could he hurt god...!
You really don't think these things through, do you?
If we were neighbors ...with a disagreement ...and, I took it out on "fluffy" ...This is what the Devil does ...comprende'..??

Las Vegas, NV

#10625 Jul 15, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks....I have to agree with Bob though... the biblical god supposedly created hell, and he is supposed to already know the decisions that we will make so I don't think he would be surprised or hurt if a soul gets sent to hell. That makes sense.
..."You" agree with "Bob of Quantum-Faith"...my arch nemesis ..???

But , I told you ,that you smell terrific ..."WHAT HAS 'HE' EVER DONE FOR YOU ...!!??"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10626 Jul 15, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If we were neighbors ...with a disagreement ...and, I took it out on "fluffy" ...This is what the Devil does ...comprende'..??
WTF?

Nothing you said above parses into meaningful messages.

Drunk posting again?

Location hidden

#10627 Jul 15, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."You" agree with "Bob of Quantum-Faith"...my arch nemesis ..???
But , I told you ,that you smell terrific ..."WHAT HAS 'HE' EVER DONE FOR YOU ...!!??"
LOL...well I appreciate the compliment even though we've never met, and I'm sorry that you do not get along. Bob has been a nice feller to me as well, and I will always say when I think someone is right, and on this occasion as well as many I have to agree with this one as well ;)

Las Vegas, NV

#10628 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
WTF?
Nothing you said above parses into meaningful messages.
Drunk posting again?
...look..!.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ...you , aren't in the Navy anymore so batting your baby blues and acting dumb ...doesn't work anymore ..

"fluffy" is what I call your feline companion ...The Devil doesn't need souls ...He takes them because God loves us ..

so , again ...The Devil is "like"the neighbor who hurts your animals ...because, facing you directly will win him a stompin'...

Las Vegas, NV

#10629 Jul 20, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...well I appreciate the compliment even though we've never met, and I'm sorry that you do not get along. Bob has been a nice feller to me as well, and I will always say when I think someone is right, and on this occasion as well as many I have to agree with this one as well ;)
...I'm merely concerned for your safety "I_see_you" , as what "Bob of Quantum-Faith" fails to disclose ...is, there's a "smiting" coming down the pipeline for him ...

And, if you're unwary you may suffer momentary flash blindness ...or...even worse , get hit with shrapnel ...

So , I'm just telling "everybody" if you wanna hang out with "Bob of Q-F" wear ear protection a bomb suit and some dark shades ....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10630 Jul 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...look..!.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ...you , aren't in the Navy anymore so batting your baby blues and acting dumb ...doesn't work anymore ..
"fluffy" is what I call your feline companion ...The Devil doesn't need souls ...He takes them because God loves us ..
so , again ...The Devil is "like"the neighbor who hurts your animals ...because, facing you directly will win him a stompin'...
Your god "loves" us...

... but if we don't please him with constant ego-stroking?

He tortures us forever....!

WTF?

That isn't love-- that's... abuse!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10631 Jul 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm merely concerned for your safety "I_see_you" , as what "Bob of Quantum-Faith" fails to disclose ...is, there's a "smiting" coming down the pipeline for him ...
You hate-filled god-robots have been claiming that for **years**.

Literally since 2005, I've been "warned" about "god's smiting" or worse.

Riiiiight.

Your hate-speech and fantasies of horrid torture are duly noted.

Las Vegas, NV

#10632 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You hate-filled god-robots have been claiming that for **years**.
Literally since 2005, I've been "warned" about "god's smiting" or worse.
Riiiiight.
Your hate-speech and fantasies of horrid torture are duly noted.
..I just couldn't help myself ..."Bob of Q-F"..It's this accursed , anonymity ..It makes me, act like a child ..( happy face emoticon )..

And , I figured "you" needed to spew some of that hatred of Christians ...

Are ,you back on an even keel ..??

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10633 Jul 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I just couldn't help myself ..."Bob of Q-F"..It's this accursed , anonymity ..It makes me, act like a child ..( happy face emoticon )..
And , I figured "you" needed to spew some of that hatred of Christians ...
Are ,you back on an even keel ..??
No. I reported your other sock's hatespeech messages.

And then blocked him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Into The Night 15,835
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min ChristineM 255,941
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 41 min Thinking 4,630
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min Thinking 40,366
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Thinking 193
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 3,747
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr Thinking 388
More from around the web