Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10595 Jul 14, 2013
Glad to be foreign wrote:
<quoted text>
But we all know that americans believe in the religion crap because they're gullible and stupid.
...OR...How a boot , We believe in that religious crap ..because, it's true..ehh..?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10596 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...OR...How a boot , We believe in that religious crap ..because, it's true..ehh..?
No---not because it is true-- you have no reason to think that, nor proof either.

No-- you believe in it, because you were force-fed lies as a child to believe in it.

That is the **single** reason why.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10597 Jul 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... within the lifetimes of the then-existing disciples.
Did he do that?
Nope.
HE LIED.
..Damn your eyes..You got 'me' here ..!!

(33) In same the way,when you see all these things,know that he is near,at the gates (34) Amen, I say to you,this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place .

This is the footnote for Matthew 24;34..

The difficulty raised by this verse cannot be satisfactorily removed by the supposition that "this" generation means the Jewish people throughout the course of their history ,much less the entire human race .Perhaps for Matthew it means the "generation" to which he and his community belonged ..

(Which can only mean "one" thing ...St.Matthew and his community are vampires ; and still among us !!)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10598 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does come back then maybe I won't be one of the happy ones...we'll just have to see what happens....I just know that I can't pretend to believe in something when I don't, pretending wouldn't do any good anyway. I have some people tell me that my 22 years of "salvation" were just pretend anyway since I'm not a believer now...If that's the case then I seriously doubt anyone can be certain of their fate even if they are a believer.
..Do you really believe you just vanish at death ...no kind of energy or recycling of your essence ..??
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10599 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
No---not because it is true-- you have no reason to think that, nor proof either.
No-- you believe in it, because you were force-fed lies as a child to believe in it.
That is the **single** reason why.
Well , Catholicism "is" the faith of my parents ..

but , my catechism (oral instruction) was atrocious ...I'm dismayed about how "more" you atheists know about the Bible than I ..and, I'm the Motherf**king Salt of the Earth ..!!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10600 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed many are gullible-- they keep voting into office, politicians who **only** represent the top 1% of America.
Yet, these morons keep voting the same azzholes back into office...
.. all because the politicians tell religious lies, of course.
..You need to stop cavorting with Anti-Americans .....look, silly billy ; it doesn't matter 'who' you vote for, nothing changes anyway ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10601 Jul 14, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You might need to have your eyes checked. You are seeing what is not there (typical religitard), it is not a god we would want.
We actually know how to work, create and network to achieve our goals. If we were in need of imaginary achievement, then a god would work out quite nicely, but until then ... we will continue to use real tools to achieve real goals.
...Well, you did specifically say ..that, if you could invent God ..You would make one that didn't eat babies ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10602 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not angry.
That's just you-- projecting.
I **am** passionate about what I do.
I can see how you'd be confused: you actually think that "hate" represents "love".
I mean-- you claim your hategod is "loving"... when it is provably evil instead.
..Ahh..come on..in Old Testament times ...the surrounding gods , were much worse ...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10603 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well, you did specifically say ..that, if you could invent God ..You would make one that didn't eat babies ..
If your god was real, you would not be in this forum, trying to convince us your god is real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10604 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
(Which can only mean "one" thing ...St.Matthew and his community are vampires ; and still among us !!)
But... would that explain the phenomena that is "twilight"?

I don't think so-- nothing can explain that ... <expletive>

:LMAO:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10605 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Do you really believe you just vanish at death ...no kind of energy or recycling of your essence ..??
That appears to be the case-- no matter how much your ego demands otherwise, oblivion seems to be the only fate of our personalities.

It's not as pretty as a magical sky-god who grants wishes, I'll admit.

But reality seldom is as pretty as what we wish for.

That is why humans invented gods after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10606 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well , Catholicism "is" the faith of my parents ..
but , my catechism (oral instruction) was atrocious ...I'm dismayed about how "more" you atheists know about the Bible than I ..and, I'm the Motherf**king Salt of the Earth ..!!
The only reason I know more about the bible than you?

Is because I never lost my curiosity, and back when I was still trying to be a believer, I was curious about the bible-- when did it come? How? Who was responsible?.. and so on.

As I began to study the history of the bible? I really began to understand why it is the way it is-- and why so much of it is simply bronze-age-- and no more sophisticated than bronze age thinking.

It's because the bible is that old-- nothing newer in it.

Which, if there was a real, living god?

Is ... problematic.

Why did not this "living god" update the bible to keep up with the new discoveries humans are busy making about the universe?

The only real answer can be--because there never was a god in the first place **to** update it.

And that the people who all wrote it are long dead-- we'll never know their true motives.

Curiosity killed my faith in god; I was not content with non-answers of "mystery of god--don't ask", and I asked.

The answers explained much; chiefly that the bible is purely human in origin.

And that pure human origin explains why it's so... evil.

Humans who would rule over others, tend to be corrupt and evil after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10607 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You need to stop cavorting with Anti-Americans .....look, silly billy ; it doesn't matter 'who' you vote for, nothing changes anyway ...
What is this "anti-american"? You have **got** to mean the Republican party-- who is pure-D party of GREED-- and therefore?

As anti-american as it's possible to be without becoming a space alien.

Nothing is MORE anti-american that to TAKE AWAY RIGHTS OF PEOPLE--which is what the ReThugs have been trying to do these past few years.

Did you read about Texas? It's now illegal for **women** to have feminine hygiene products in the Texas Senate-- but **legal** to carry loaded guns!

WTF????

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10608 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well, you did specifically say ..that, if you could invent God ..You would make one that didn't eat babies ..
I'd make one that was very similar to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, actually.

Or Thor.

Thor's cool-- he wears chain mail, and carries a big honkin' hammer.

There is not a lot you cannot fix, with a really big hammer after all....

... take the Republican Party (for example)-- a sharp rap on the head of the leadership of that party would do wonders for America's prosperity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10609 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Ahh..come on..in Old Testament times ...the surrounding gods , were much worse ...
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Not even by 1/2. The OT god is one of the most horrid beasts ever invented by human kind.

What else would come out of the minds of dirty old, greedy **men**...!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10610 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
But... would that explain the phenomena that is "twilight"?
I don't think so-- nothing can explain that ... <expletive>
:LMAO:
..HOW DARE ...YOU...!?!.... hate speech reported )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10611 Jul 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god was real, you would not be in this forum, trying to convince us your god is real.
Come On .!!.."-Skeptic-" ...You know God can be really subtle ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10612 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
What is this "anti-american"? You have **got** to mean the Republican party-- who is pure-D party of GREED-- and therefore?
As anti-american as it's possible to be without becoming a space alien.
Nothing is MORE anti-american that to TAKE AWAY RIGHTS OF PEOPLE--which is what the ReThugs have been trying to do these past few years.
Did you read about Texas? It's now illegal for **women** to have feminine hygiene products in the Texas Senate-- but **legal** to carry loaded guns!
WTF????
..Duh ...can't you use common sense ...??..What's worse to get shot at ..or..be struck with a soggy tampon ...?

I'm a little on the fence ...Is medicine "a right" ..meaning ,can the Third World demand medical care from the First World ...because it is a "right"..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#10613 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
The only reason I know more about the bible than you?
Is because I never lost my curiosity, and back when I was still trying to be a believer, I was curious about the bible-- when did it come? How? Who was responsible?.. and so on.
As I began to study the history of the bible? I really began to understand why it is the way it is-- and why so much of it is simply bronze-age-- and no more sophisticated than bronze age thinking.
It's because the bible is that old-- nothing newer in it.
Which, if there was a real, living god?
Is ... problematic.
Why did not this "living god" update the bible to keep up with the new discoveries humans are busy making about the universe?
The only real answer can be--because there never was a god in the first place **to** update it.
And that the people who all wrote it are long dead-- we'll never know their true motives.
Curiosity killed my faith in god; I was not content with non-answers of "mystery of god--don't ask", and I asked.
The answers explained much; chiefly that the bible is purely human in origin.
And that pure human origin explains why it's so... evil.
Humans who would rule over others, tend to be corrupt and evil after all.
Ahh.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..this is why Jesus only taught in parables ...these remain timeless ..

And , I'm not really sure how these really old texts (Jewish ,Hindu and so forth )...could keep such a prevalent following ...if there really wasn't something to them ..

I mean we stopped worshiping Volcano's , the Moon and Cats ..long long ago ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10614 Jul 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh.."Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..this is why Jesus only taught in parables ...these remain timeless ..
And , I'm not really sure how these really old texts (Jewish ,Hindu and so forth )...could keep such a prevalent following ...if there really wasn't something to them ..
That's your excuse? Because the crowd goes along-- you will too?

What if they all decided to drink poison.... would you still follow?

When do you stop following the crowd (like a mindless sheep) and begin paying attention?

Not that long ago? Everyone just **knew** the world was flat.

Did that make the world flat? No...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religion sux ? 8 min Smartass 5
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min superwilly 258,482
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min Into The Night 77,055
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 34 min Aura Mytha 32,276
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr John 878
What "science" will NEVER be able to prove 3 hr Smartass 2
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Tue Dogen 4,321
More from around the web