Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10337 Jul 4, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> A god sized lunch, maybe?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Possibly. But that would leave behind a god-sized shytpile...

... which would become infinite, as being godly, it wouldn't decay.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10338 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't say that, it said give no man any special honor over you because we are all brothers. Read it again. Sure leaders are needed and that is their job. But do not give them any special honors or make them any better than you, for we are all brothers and the exalted shall be brought low.
In this, I agree-- no single (or smallish group) should be held to a higher regard than anyone else.

Once you set someone or several someones up on a virtual pedestal?

Corruption is automatic...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10339 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds good on the surface, but I'm not so sure about that.
Of course you would not understand-- you are one of those who is quite willing to reject actual reality itself, in order to cling to your faith.

That is the insidious nature of faith, you see.

Which is why I try to avoid it if at all possible, and what small things I do have faith in, are not subject to corruption or lies.

Such as I have faith in the concept of the rule of law. Not the law itself-- that is a human construct, and subject to corruption.

But faith in the very idea that a law should apply to everyone, equally, without prejudice.
Seeker wrote:
Most people never like to be wrong about anything, and I'm not so sure that you wouldn't merely raise the bar or change it.
I have been wrong about lots of things. Just last month, I had a somewhat misconstrued idea about quantum mechanics, which Polymath set me straight on. I thanked him for the correction.

I don't like being wrong, but I am well aware of many of my limitations in knowledge, and recognize these limits. Meaning I could be mistaken or flat wrong about them.

As I said? I'm quite willing to entertain **facts** that demonstrate an uncaused creator. FACTS. Not conjecture or wishful notions.

So far? There are none such.

And?

There **are** alternative, non-god explanations that the "uncaused creator" purports to "explain".

And invoking god? Does not really explain anything... it only raises more questions, and adds an infinity of complexity....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10340 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
But last me ask you a strictly rhetorical question. If Jesus did return, and I'll state a big IF, as if to say, what if the sky turned green, what would you do?
If Jesus turns out to be real, and a god?

I **will** ask him why he committed actual fraud-- why did he **lie** to his first crew, about the date of his return.

Lying in a god, is **never** a good thing to see.

What **else** did this god lie about?

This jesus character is not a good person.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10341 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I sincerely doubt that you would just get on your knees and beg for forgiveness. But then again, maybe I shouldn't be so presumptuous. Anything is possible, I suppose.
Begging for something I am not guilty of?

Why would I do ***that***???

Begging is for people who's minds are broken anyway.

Besides-- I have no wish to spend eternity with a god who ...

.... LIES.

Your jesus? Lied. Multiple times, if the bible is accurate.

If the bible is NOT accurate?

THAT IS THE WORST LIE OF ALL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10342 Jul 4, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply not true, youve never had wood.
Hence your attempts to find some with facebook kiddies.
<quoted text>
To give them to Topix atheists, after all poofters need chewing gum too.
Hate speech reported.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10343 Jul 4, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entirely wrong....again. But like you said, you don't care.
You admit that you just don't care?

In spite of your god's command to LOVE YOUR ENEMIES?

Yet-- you show me HATE instead?

Hmmmm....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10344 Jul 4, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
That is funny!!!! It might help them as they are in Hell gnashing their teeth in agony as they suffer for what they did in this life.
Hate speech reported.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10345 Jul 4, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..OR...?...St. Matthew , lived to the ripe old age of 300......'who' can really say..???
Nobody but nobody lived past 150... ever.

Matthew? Died in his 40's at best.

That's stretching things for that era as it is, giving him the benefit of living to be **really** old for that time.

Of course?

Matthew is most likely a myth-- fabricated out of nothing just like **all** the characters in those sad little Friend-of-a-Friend tales of gossip.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10346 Jul 4, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....YES...!!!....God works in mysterious ways ...
So your god LIES, then?

That is not good...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10347 Jul 4, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I have been trying to convert a friend of mine to Christianity for years with no success. Then when I showed her this thread (along with supporting scriptures), she finally started going to church and became a Christian.
Lie.

She likely wanted you to STOP THE HARASSMENT, and so lied to you about becoming a "christian"....

... you are far too EVIL to be convincing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10348 Jul 4, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..please, do not 'categorize' "Native Peoples "..as , one block ..every nation was 'unique'.. some 'were' polytheistic ,'most' were not ..
Lie.

ALL were.

Of course? Genuine Christianity¬ô is too.

You have many-many gods:

#1 god: bible
#2 god: yaweah
#3 god: jewsus
#4 god: holy banshee
#5 god: abraham
#6 god: moses

... etc. in fact? There are too many to list here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10349 Jul 4, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of crap lol!!! Well either that or your friend is just as disrespectful as you are. Anyone who read your posts would be turned away from christianity...seriously I put you in the same category as the members of westboro baptist. Your attitude as a follower of this religion is horrible! I hope your friend follows a better path than you do.
He made it up-- she likely wanted to STOP HIS HARASSMENT, and so told him a convenient lie to get him to leave her alone.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10350 Jul 4, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be hell indeed having to spend any time in the company of a prick like that,let alone an eternity.
The god he has fabricated is much-much worse...

... what else? All gods **are** created in the image of their worshipers after all...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10351 Jul 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus turns out to be real, and a god?
I **will** ask him why he committed actual fraud-- why did he **lie** to his first crew, about the date of his return.
Lying in a god, is **never** a good thing to see.
What **else** did this god lie about?
This jesus character is not a good person.
That's what I figured.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10352 Jul 4, 2013
And Bob, even though this topic was first posted in the Islam forum, since I now know that this cross references with the atheist forum, that's pretty much the last post you will see from me here as well. I have no interest in poking a stick at a hornets nest. I leave atheists to their own devices. I was just curious about that one question that I asked you and the answer was as expected. It matches the general mentality where it will always be someone elses fault. Personally, if Jesus came back, I don't think I would want to start an argument with him, but you would be free to do whatever you want.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10353 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And Bob, even though this topic was first posted in the Islam forum, since I now know that this cross references with the atheist forum, that's pretty much the last post you will see from me here as well. I have no interest in poking a stick at a hornets nest. I leave atheists to their own devices. I was just curious about that one question that I asked you and the answer was as expected. It matches the general mentality where it will always be someone elses fault.
Your lovely-lovely hateful projection is duly noted as your last dying gasp.

Your Jewsus is not real--and you **know** this. That's why you project this hate of yours, I guess.
Seeker wrote:
Personally, if Jesus came back, I don't think I would want to start an argument with him, but you would be free to do whatever you want.
Why? You think your Jewsus would act like the evil wretch he is described to be?

You could be right-- evil is still evil. Even when it come as the guise of "messiah".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10354 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I figured.
You deny your Jewsus lied? He promised--before they died-- he'd come back.

He didn't.

That's evil.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10355 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And Bob, even though this topic was first posted in the Islam forum, since I now know that this cross references with the atheist forum, that's pretty much the last post you will see from me here as well. I have no interest in poking a stick at a hornets nest. I leave atheists to their own devices. I was just curious about that one question that I asked you and the answer was as expected. It matches the general mentality where it will always be someone elses fault. Personally, if Jesus came back, I don't think I would want to start an argument with him, but you would be free to do whatever you want.
..."Seeker"...YOU CAN'T LEAVE ...!!!....If anybody really "needs" to hear the gospel ...it's these heathens ...!!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10356 Jul 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny your Jewsus lied? He promised--before they died-- he'd come back.
He didn't.
That's evil.
I'm confused ...has there "ever" been a Christian that has claimed " Jesus is not 'present' in their lives ?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min replaytime 58,448
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 52 min Regolith Based Li... 27,414
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 59 min Frogface Kate 63
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,038
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 6 hr Trumpler 1,965
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 11 hr greymouser 192
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Thu IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web