Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10270 Jun 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Was not Christianity (an extension or fulfillment) of already established Judaism ...?
And Jesus' main complaint was about the power structure that Judaism had become. Money changers, people sitting in high places demanding respect etc.... Read the scriptures. You will clearly see it. So then, people get the good news, and still it's the same wrong way that they always did even before that. That's what humans do. Always flawed and self interested to the very end. Always seems to return to the same habits, no matter what they are told. Even if Jesus Christ, the Messiah himself says it.

Read the whole of Matthew 23 again. it's not much different than what people ended up doing today as well. "Father", "Reverend". Reverend comes from the word reverence.

"8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

People always need a power structure to tell them what to do, because they are so hypnotized that they don't even know how to think a thought that is actually their own. It's always the thought of someone that they respect or honor. Whether someone might have some good knowledge to offer you or not or some advice, do not ever respect them above you because we are all equal in the eyes of God.

Do not fall for false titles. Information is information. Advice is advice, but never put them above you or revere them. Just take the helpful info and thank them, and then examine the info with your own heart as though you heard it from an equal that is ultimately no better than yourself. Never listen to anybody simply because of their title itself. Either their words will strike you as wise or they won't, regardless of their title. Their title itself should never have anything to do with it. If it does, then that is when you are ready to be brainwashed. You are no longer actually listening and examining the info itself, you are merely accepting it because of the title of the person that it came from.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10271 Jun 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be absurd "Bob of Quantum-Faith" is not a carpenter ...!
Jesus came for the Jews (correct) but, He enjoined His disciples to go to the four corners and spread the good news ..
After you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about other people's reality might matter, but not before.

Location hidden

#10272 Jun 30, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably has cholesterol in it too.
All hearts have cholesterol in them,

Another Educated Tw*tism.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10273 Jun 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be absurd "Bob of Quantum-Faith" is not a carpenter ...!
Jesus came for the Jews (correct) but, He enjoined His disciples to go to the four corners and spread the good news ..
Neither was your Rabbi. If he had turned out so much as even one three legged stool, it would have been part of some amazingly famous holy shrine for the past two thousand years.

He might have been a carpenter, if he had existed ... but the legend of Egypt's Horus, pretty much proves that he didn't. And the buybull itself, claims an Immanuel, and not a Jesus will be the promised savior.

And all of that is insignificant to any one who is not Jewish. The Rabbi Jesus said he was only there for the Jews, and those disciples were sent to find them.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10274 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All hearts have cholesterol in them,
I'm pretty impressed for a high school student to know that.

Earth,TX

#10277 Jun 30, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
It's spelled Jesus, you ignorant calorie-free vegetable.
I'd bet you are not Jewish, either. But hey, nothing like white bread USA, thumping the Jewish Rabbi's Arabic religion book, which clearly states that it is the Jew, and the Jew only that this imposter (and failed prophecy) came to save.

Earth,TX

#10278 Jun 30, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
As if on cue, I was wanting to show some folks as to how hateful and ugly atheists are, and you posted this. Thanks, we all now see how ridiculous you look.
You just lost points and credibility.
Aww, you really do give me too much credit. I didn't write the dirty buybull, but I sure don't mind outing it's contents. LOL!

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#10279 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>All hearts have cholesterol in them,

But some have more than others and some are at a dangerous rate.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10280 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
After you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about other people's reality might matter, but not before.
...the search for God must primarily use philosophy or careful reasoning ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10281 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How about reading the scriptures yourself and studying them as much as they do and coming to your own conclusion instead of someone elses conclusion? Why are they more equipped to understand them than you are? I'm not saying to ever deny what the scriptures say, just be careful about what OTHER people TELL you that they say.
As far as the rest of your response, I don't think you understood, nor even bothered to even entertain anything that I said, nor even the article that used the scriptures themselves to make it's point. So I wasted my time. No biggie. It would only be bad if I repeated the same mistake. I said what I said, and that's all. The rest is up to you.
I read the "article" ..but , if you deny the pope ..you make 'yourself' the pope ..

Dante's Inferno ..how many stars ..?

Location hidden

#10282 Jul 1, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
But some have more than others and some are at a dangerous rate.
According to your cult it's all part of gods plan. Why are you so critical of your hallucination?

Don't Colin when god gives you heart attacks - it's supposed to be his will right?

Stupid creationist,

Location hidden

#10283 Jul 1, 2013
Don't complain about cholesterol being dangerous, when you're threatening us with judgement day.

At least cholesterol is a real threat...

Location hidden

#10284 Jul 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...the search for God must primarily use philosophy or careful reasoning ..
Careful reasoning involves proof and evidence - both of which you creationist liar do not have and you know it.

Your cult will fail because you are stupid and arroganteole with no evidence.

You talk about careful reasoning but run like a coward whene asked to prove your god.

Nobody is joining your failed cult, go back to your cult leader and tell them you failed to convert any atheists in the topix forum today through dishonesty.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#10285 Jul 1, 2013
Exodus 20:5-6, Deuteronomy 5:9.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed that verse. Can you tell me which one it is? I've read the Bible, but I certainly haven't memorized it, so maybe I missed it. Thanks.

Location hidden

#10286 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Don't complain about cholesterol being dangerous, when you're threatening us with judgement day.

At least cholesterol is a real threat...
Who is threatening you. Where is the post that says so? Lie after lie.
An Atheist

Ashburn, VA

#10287 Jul 1, 2013
Your comments are beyond understanding.

Location hidden

#10288 Jul 1, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is threatening you. Where is the post that says so? Lie after lie.
Anything to divert the attention away from the fact that you're a creationist liar with no proof of god who doesn't know when you go back to the discovery institute.

Location hidden

#10289 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Anything to divert the attention away from the fact that you're a creationist liar with no proof of god who doesn't know when you go back to the discovery institute.
Lol! So much hatred you have.

Location hidden

#10290 Jul 1, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! So much hatred you have.
Says the creationist liar who called atheists in this forum child molestors and compared them with stalin.

You're a wuss - bitter at being brainwashed by a filthy creationist cult that rewards dishonesty and intellectual weakness.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10291 Jul 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I read the "article" ..but , if you deny the pope ..you make 'yourself' the pope ..
Dante's Inferno ..how many stars ..?
Who wrote this, the Pope or Jesus?

Matthew 23
8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 2 hr Fit2Serve 164
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 32,607
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Eagle 12 - 80,071
what science will NEVER be able to prove 13 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 13 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 13 hr Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
More from around the web