Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#10190 Jun 28, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting me know who you are the puppet of. I didn't expect such a quick resolution.
You didn't answer the question. What makes you think that this imaginary torture you speak of should be the least bit frightening?

And how do you know that hell exists at all?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#10191 Jun 28, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewzus is a pun. It's too bad you didn't comprehend that.
Why do you think threatening atheists with imaginary torture is the least bit frightening?
...Do Good ..avoid hell ..pray for others ..!!!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#10192 Jun 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Do Good ..avoid hell ..pray for others ..!!!
Prayer doesn't work...hell doesn't exist...do good anyway..!!!

Las Vegas, NV

#10193 Jun 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you believe in your silly bible? Or you are a hypocrite, and have **zero** justification for your faith in Jewsus.
Which is it?
..DON'T ...judge 'me'..you ...YOU..!!!.....okay.........I 'm a hypocrite ....

Las Vegas, NV

#10194 Jun 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't understand it because you've never proved it.
You lied about it and now you talk and behave as though its real, when its a simple lie with no evidence behind it.
..I can't prove 'that' crap ..!!

I will submit ...
(a) men have conscience ..
(b) morality is 'objective'
(c)these, believe's have stood the 'test' of time ..
(d) don't "you" tire of repeating "your" self ..

Las Vegas, NV

#10195 Jun 28, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't work...hell doesn't exist...do good anyway..!!!
..I 'hate' to "be" the contrarian , but I found ,at least "two" mistakes in this post ...

Las Vegas, NV

#10196 Jun 28, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg! This is funny! Reason Petrified is, but apparently so is Bob since his wife left him. BwahahahHaha
..your 'mode' of enjoyment ...'is'...bringing the hammer ...

you come here to "crush".........

..I'm cool with ..that ..

Las Vegas, NV

#10197 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Then take that priest out of your arse and do some proper studying.
<quoted text>
..WHOA...!...not cool ...!..!

Las Vegas, NV

#10198 Jun 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
??? I don't know that one.
<quoted text>
Not even a little true. Only in ones where women are property-- like **all** the bible-based ones.
..yeah ..MAIDENHEAD..Was...property ...( still is)...

EXCEPT ..in judeochristian ..jurisprudence ..( Holy BIBLE))

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10199 Jun 28, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so afraid of Jesus , you can't even spell His name correctly. You weak demented atheist.
It's spelled "Jewsus" to remind you your fictional "hero" was a Jew, first and foremost.

Moreover? He **commanded** you to FOLLOW ALL THE LAWS.

I bet you eat ... bacon.

You are SUCH a lying little sack of hypocrisy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10200 Jun 28, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you will here from Jesus as you approach Him at your horrid judgement.
Nope. Not gonna happen. Your Jewsus is fiction.

But your HATE?

Is very real, and very EVIL.

You've been reported for Hate Speech.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10201 Jun 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Do Good ..avoid hell ..pray for others ..!!!
1) do good because it is the RIGHT thing to do-- not because of some THREAT.

2) hell is not real

3) Praying is the same as spell-casting. Worthless. And does NOT QUALIFY as doing good.

It's not even as useful as m*sterbation... which at least clears out your prostate...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10202 Jun 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..DON'T ...judge 'me'..you ...YOU..!!!.....okay.........I 'm a hypocrite ....
Yes... yes you are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10203 Jun 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I can't prove 'that' crap ..!!
I will submit ...
(a) men have conscience ..
(b) morality is 'objective'
(c)these, believe's have stood the 'test' of time ..
(d) don't "you" tire of repeating "your" self ..
Explain **how** morality is objective.

Be specific. Cite your sources, if any.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10204 Jun 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah ..MAIDENHEAD..Was...property ...( still is)...
EXCEPT ..in judeochristian ..jurisprudence ..( Holy BIBLE))
False. Judeochristhole DOES treat women as things, property.

The language of the ugly bible is **very** specific that women are things, to be dispersed by the MEN ONLY.

Did you know, according to the ugly bible, that a young unmarried woman, who has no father (who in turn had no brothers) is UNABLE TO WED? Nobody to give her away! She'd have to be adopted by a MAN, first... otherwise she dies an old maid, without property too.

It's an ugly religion.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10205 Jun 29, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. What makes you think that this imaginary torture you speak of should be the least bit frightening?
And how do you know that hell exists at all?
I hope that hell doesn't exist and that's it's just a bluff. What would be fair is for some people to have an after life, and some people just don't, as they didn't want one anyway and rejected the idea. Dante's Inferno is the only real detailed description of eternal hell. As far as actual scriptures, only the Quran has detailed descriptions such as drinking molten brass, having you skin burned and healed so that it could be burned again etc...

As far as I remember, the New Testament only talks about a harvest where the fruitful crops will be separated from the weeds and collected, and the weeds will be thrown into the fire, as is what happened with actual harvests back then. Jesus spoke in metaphors all of the time. It does say that the fire will never quench, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a person would still remain alive and suffer forever, it might just mean the fire itself will never quench or run out of it's ability to end the life/soul of weeds or people that should not have an afterlife because they spat at the idea itself. At least, I hope so. I can't imagine anything that anybody could possibly do to deserve eternal torture. Simply extinguishing their soul would be fair, but eternal torture just doesn't seem to be.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#10206 Jun 29, 2013
Maybe there is a god that heaps rewards upon non-believers.
That can't be disproved.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that hell doesn't exist and that's it's just a bluff. What would be fair is for some people to have an after life, and some people just don't, as they didn't want one anyway and rejected the idea. Dante's Inferno is the only real detailed description of eternal hell. As far as actual scriptures, only the Quran has detailed descriptions such as drinking molten brass, having you skin burned and healed so that it could be burned again etc...
As far as I remember, the New Testament only talks about a harvest where the fruitful crops will be separated from the weeds and collected, and the weeds will be thrown into the fire, as is what happened with actual harvests back then. Jesus spoke in metaphors all of the time. It does say that the fire will never quench, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a person would still remain alive and suffer forever, it might just mean the fire itself will never quench or run out of it's ability to end the life/soul of weeds or people that should not have an afterlife because they spat at the idea itself. At least, I hope so. I can't imagine anything that anybody could possibly do to deserve eternal torture. Simply extinguishing their soul would be fair, but eternal torture just doesn't seem to be.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10207 Jun 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Maybe there is a god that heaps rewards upon non-believers.
That can't be disproved.
<quoted text>
Hey, that would be fine with me. Has nothing to do with me, so why would I complain? The funny part is that if God said to me, I'm going to ask you whether I should punish Hitler for all that he did, and if you say yes, then I will punish him and you also for all you did as well, but if you say no, then I will forgive him and you for all of your wrongdoings as well. To me, that's a no brainer. Forgive him and forgive me.

But you would be surprised at how many people actually want to have their feeling that "justice" has been done and get their "pound of flesh", so to speak, that they would even cause suffering to themselves, just to see someone else suffer. Sounds crazy to me, but it's true.

"7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you"

As far as I'm concerned, all of that is up to God and I do not have the wisdom nor the right to make such decisions, nor to even complain. It horrifies me to see people wish hell on others. And if someone thinks that way, I wouldn't be surprised if they are right behind the guy in line that they want to see punished.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#10208 Jun 29, 2013
How would you know that this theoretical god was being honest with you?

The bible you often quote is full of alleged tests.

My position is that god should not forgive Hitler, irrespective of any supposed deal.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that would be fine with me. Has nothing to do with me, so why would I complain? The funny part is that if God said to me, I'm going to ask you whether I should punish Hitler for all that he did, and if you say yes, then I will punish him and you also for all you did as well, but if you say no, then I will forgive him and you for all of your wrongdoings as well. To me, that's a no brainer. Forgive him and forgive me.
But you would be surprised at how many people actually want to have their feeling that "justice" has been done and get their "pound of flesh", so to speak, that they would even cause suffering to themselves, just to see someone else suffer. Sounds crazy to me, but it's true.
"7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you"
As far as I'm concerned, all of that is up to God and I do not have the wisdom nor the right to make such decisions, nor to even complain. It horrifies me to see people wish hell on others. And if someone thinks that way, I wouldn't be surprised if they are right behind the guy in line that they want to see punished.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10209 Jun 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
How would you know that this theoretical god was being honest with you?
The bible you often quote is full of alleged tests.
My position is that god should not forgive Hitler, irrespective of any supposed deal.
<quoted text>
Well then, if there is a punishment, then I suppose you'll get yours as well and you are just fine with that. So seeing someone else get punished is important enough for you, that you would even willing to be punished yourself just to see someone else get punished. Oh well, that's your choice. It wouldn't be mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 43 min replaytime 48,718
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 49 min replaytime 23,539
News In defense of faith 4 hr karl44 6
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 6 hr Uncle Sam 70
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Thinking 21,881
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Into The Night 5,705
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 13 hr Amused 3
More from around the web