Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12667 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9735 Jun 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Where pray tell ,in the animal kingdom do homosexual animals exchange bodily fluids ....?
So , we agree homosexuals can live together , if they live like brother and sister...
I'm not here to fix your educational lack.

But examples of animal behavior include homosexuality.

It's as natural as anything else.

You only think it's "icky" because you've been brainwashed to believe so.

By seriously hate-filled bigots, who have an Agenda to keep you like unto a sheep....

...!!!

And like a sheep, you **baahh** every time they call.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9736 Jun 21, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as weak as can be. You have no power. You are angry and helpless.
You are an atheist bigot and the world is catching on to what a pathetic group of delusional tramps you people are.
I am doing everything possible to spread the news of what a violent group of people atheists are.
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."
Thinking

London, UK

#9737 Jun 21, 2013
Why would I want to change the Sun's orbit?

Do you have evidence that the Sun's orbit has anything to do with the made up sh!t you believe in?

If you are truly laughing out loud, there are mental health professionals who may be able to help you.
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the Pope resigned
in God We Trust was taken off American coins
The Sun did not rise in the East
as a result of your bold action.
LOL
Thinking

London, UK

#9738 Jun 21, 2013
I don't - but I know it doesn't look right and I wouldn't do it in "the real world".
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
i fallow the rule only if it's the first word in a sentence
Thinking

London, UK

#9739 Jun 21, 2013
That recent christian witch burning in PNG was a disgrace.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Ineffectually too-- now that they are prohibited by law, from murdering any dissidents...
... at least in First World countries, they are.
Not so much elsewhere...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9740 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why would I want to change the Sun's orbit?
Do you have evidence that the Sun's orbit has anything to do with the made up sh!t you believe in?
If you are truly laughing out loud, there are mental health professionals who may be able to help you.
<quoted text>
Don't forget: this loon believes in the BuyBull, wherein the sun is depicted as having stopped in the sky for several hours...

... to allow bible-gods' minions to continue the slaughter of people who's land they were stealing ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9741 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That recent christian witch burning in PNG was a disgrace.
<quoted text>
I saw that bit. Disgusting. This is 2013, for cryin' out loud.

The ugly bronze age myth continues unabated ...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9742 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. There's nothing against valid criticism of ugly and willfully-evil religious practice.
Especially the abusive sort-- which is 99% of it.
Well then let them have their Christmas trees and their manger displays in town if that's what most people want. Or let them have a moment of silence before school for each of them to pray in their own way. Or let them say a prayer if most of them want to during a non mandatory public activity. If you are so sure of yourself, then you can just laugh it off if you don't like it. As far as Homosexuality, last I recall, there are plenty of laws allowing for it and protecting it, so what's your big problem? And the institution of marriage is pretty much going to be twisted beyond recognition when Gay marriage passes. So what's you problem? Do you demand that people LIKE it and put their rubber stamp of approval on such behavior as well? That would be the same as people demanding that you LIKE religious belief. Let's face it, you don't just want to have the right to believe what you believe or prefer, you want to tear down the beliefs and preferences of others that you do not agree with. And that could be considered anti constitutional as well.

I always love it when people say, I can't be happy unless OTHERS behave the way that I want them to. It happens on both sides of the argument and both sides are crazy. If you are secure in your ideas, that's all that matters. It's only when you are insecure in them that the anger comes about. One of the most profound sayings that I have ever read was the following:

"You better behave as I see fit or I will punish myself by giving myself a bad feeling".

We are not victims of bad feelings. Bad feelings are not something that floats around in the air and attacks us. We cannot have a bad feeling unless our mind CHOOSES to create one and react that way. No matter how much we THINK we are FORCED to feel a certain way. If one's mind has to create the feeling before it can exist, then one is not forced to feel any sort of way, one CHOOSES to feel that way, and then react that way, for whatever reasons or justifications one tells themselves. But that's a very advanced concept that I don't expect many to grasp. It's too counterintuitive to the way we have all been taught. It's always "someone elses" fault, never ours.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9743 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Now THAT was true and funny, so I think that I have a logical justification for LOL!!! Good catch. Ya' gotta love it when people pretend they are laughing when it is just the opposite. People play such silly little games on forums like this, and it's all to protect their silly little pride. Most people don't want to exchange ideas or even debate, they just want to protect their existing ideas at all costs and "win" the debate. I think it would be fair to say that it is a self evident truth that most people simply hate being mistaken about anything, because if they were mistaken, then they would have to reconsider their ideas. And people feel secure in "knowing" something, and not being sure of knowing is insecurity, and most people hate the feeling of insecurity. So they shut their minds.

For the Theists here, I remember reading a book called "Awareness" by a Indian Jesuit named Anthony DeMello, who I personally thought was a genius. And he said faith and belief are not the same thing. Our beliefs give us security, but faith is insecurity. Faith means an acceptance of whatever happens, no matter where it might lead us. An openness to whatever happens and a complete trust. Belief involves you knowing or believing what will happen. If one truly, truly loved God, then everything that happens to you HAS to be good, no matter how bad it seems. If one loves themselves first and then God second, then you will perceive some things that happen to you as bad or something that "shouldn't be", and then you offer yourself up as a martyr for going through the bad experience in expectation of your reward for doing so.

The whole time, you are thinking about nothing but your reward, which is nothing but self interest. It is rare that any Theist really loves God at all. What they are actually doing is loving what God might have done for them and their expectation of what God will do for them in the future. There's a difference. Why love God if he never did anything for you or never will do anything for you? And the answer is, why not? And the logical response would be, because he didn't or will not do anything for you? If that was your reason for loving God, you never loved God at all, you only loved what he did for you and what you think he is supposed to do for you in the future. You don't love a person or God because of what they do for you. That's not true love, that is merely self interest.

Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

There it is folks, right from the mouth of Jesus himself. Now go get into a fight in the parking lot after you attend your religious services to buy your ticket to heaven. LOL!!!

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#9744 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not here to fix your educational lack.
But examples of animal behavior include homosexuality.
It's as natural as anything else.
You only think it's "icky" because you've been brainwashed to believe so.
By seriously hate-filled bigots, who have an Agenda to keep you like unto a sheep....
...!!!
And like a sheep, you **baahh** every time they call.
Sad.
You 'always' claim " I'm not here to fix your lack of education !" ....When you do not have the answer ...Please , "Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..you are an egotistical jerk ...If you had the 'answer' you would happily rub my nose in it ...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9745 Jun 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You 'always' claim " I'm not here to fix your lack of education !" ....When you do not have the answer ...Please , "Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..you are an egotistical jerk ...If you had the 'answer' you would happily rub my nose in it ...
When someone says "I'm not here to fix your lack of education!", "usually", but not always, it is a tactic to cover the fact that they don't have a good answer. Happens all of the time, especially on debate forums becauswe people always have to win at all costs and they will use whatever tactic they can think of to do that. So I "personally" believe you are spot on in that observation. To think that he would not happily rub it in your nose if he could would be crazy or illogical. Of course he would. Why do you think he is here? And then, if he is not here to fix someone's lack of education or set them straight, then why is he really here? And the answer is, to be a professional objector and object for the sake of objection itself. He's not hear to discuss anything. He already knows it all. He is here simply to make others who don't share his opinions to look foolish anyway that he can so that he can reinforce his assumptions for himself. If he can make others look wrong, then surely he must be right, in his mind. That's the entire purpose of the exercise, and I can "guess" that he is so non aware of his own motivations, that he doesn't even realize that this is what he is actually looking to do, and instead he invents other reasons for himself and gets himself to believe that so that his behavior matches an ideal for himself that he has created, such as "rational" or "reasonable", "calm", "non angry" etc..... The human mind tricks itself or even lies to itself all of the time.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9746 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>When someone says "I'm not here to fix your lack of education!", "usually", but not always, it is a tactic to cover the fact that they don't have a good answer. Happens all of the time, especially on debate forums becauswe people always have to win at all costs and they will use whatever tactic they can think of to do that. So I "personally" believe you are spot on in that observation. To think that he would not happily rub it in your nose if he could would be crazy or illogical. Of course he would. Why do you think he is here? And then, if he is not here to fix someone's lack of education or set them straight, then why is he really here? And the answer is, to be a professional objector and object for the sake of objection itself. He's not hear to discuss anything. He already knows it all. He is here simply to make others who don't share his opinions to look foolish anyway that he can so that he can reinforce his assumptions for himself. If he can make others look wrong, then surely he must be right, in his mind. That's the entire purpose of the exercise, and I can "guess" that he is so non aware of his own motivations, that he doesn't even realize that this is what he is actually looking to do, and instead he invents other reasons for himself and gets himself to believe that so that his behavior matches an ideal for himself that he has created, such as "rational" or "reasonable", "calm", "non angry" etc..... The human mind tricks itself or even lies to itself all of the time.
Atheists always play the Educational Card all the time. They think they are smarter yet we all know they're dumber.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9747 Jun 21, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists always play the Educational Card all the time. They think they are smarter yet we all know they're dumber.
Well I think it always depends upon the individual.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9748 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Well I think it always depends upon the individual.
I simply feel its Skeptic, Givethemliberty, and Bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9749 Jun 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You 'always' claim " I'm not here to fix your lack of education !" ....When you do not have the answer ...Please , "Bob of Quantum-Faith" ..you are an egotistical jerk ...If you had the 'answer' you would happily rub my nose in it ...
No. I'm tired of doing your homework for you, over and over and over again. Besides-- I know if I spent time digging out a link?

You'd ignore it, as is your habit...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9750 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone says "I'm not here to fix your lack of education!", "usually", but not always, it is a tactic to cover the fact that they don't have a good answer.
Or?

More likely?

We have learned that the god-robots DO NOT WANT an answer/link.

They won't click on it anyway-- and we've done this **exact** same link many times in the past already.

They not only won't learn-- they literally oppose learning itself.

I've been here since 2005.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9751 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No. I'm tired of doing your homework for you, over and over and over again. Besides-- I know if I spent time digging out a link?
You'd ignore it, as is your habit...
Do you mean like you do?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9752 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Or?
More likely?
We have learned that the god-robots DO NOT WANT an answer/link.
You do the same thing, so I guess it takes one to know one. I have quoted links and I can tell you never even really read it, because you dismiss it right away. Otherwise, your disagreement would include specific questions about specific problems that you find in it rather than simple, blanket dismissals. It's easy to tell who actually reads something and who doesn't, and it has nothing to do with disagreement, it has to do with the manner in which someone disagrees. Not all Atheists here make blanket dismissals like you do, they actually try to raise each problem they see, piece by piece and point it out or ask about it. That's the person who I can tell at least read it and considered it.
Thinking

London, UK

#9753 Jun 21, 2013
My experience is that most people are charming.
My belief is that we are a cooperative species more often than not.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Now THAT was true and funny, so I think that I have a logical justification for LOL!!! Good catch. Ya' gotta love it when people pretend they are laughing when it is just the opposite. People play such silly little games on forums like this, and it's all to protect their silly little pride. Most people don't want to exchange ideas or even debate, they just want to protect their existing ideas at all costs and "win" the debate. I think it would be fair to say that it is a self evident truth that most people simply hate being mistaken about anything, because if they were mistaken, then they would have to reconsider their ideas. And people feel secure in "knowing" something, and not being sure of knowing is insecurity, and most people hate the feeling of insecurity. So they shut their minds.
For the Theists here, I remember reading a book called "Awareness" by a Indian Jesuit named Anthony DeMello, who I personally thought was a genius. And he said faith and belief are not the same thing. Our beliefs give us security, but faith is insecurity. Faith means an acceptance of whatever happens, no matter where it might lead us. An openness to whatever happens and a complete trust. Belief involves you knowing or believing what will happen. If one truly, truly loved God, then everything that happens to you HAS to be good, no matter how bad it seems. If one loves themselves first and then God second, then you will perceive some things that happen to you as bad or something that "shouldn't be", and then you offer yourself up as a martyr for going through the bad experience in expectation of your reward for doing so.
The whole time, you are thinking about nothing but your reward, which is nothing but self interest. It is rare that any Theist really loves God at all. What they are actually doing is loving what God might have done for them and their expectation of what God will do for them in the future. There's a difference. Why love God if he never did anything for you or never will do anything for you? And the answer is, why not? And the logical response would be, because he didn't or will not do anything for you? If that was your reason for loving God, you never loved God at all, you only loved what he did for you and what you think he is supposed to do for you in the future. You don't love a person or God because of what they do for you. That's not true love, that is merely self interest.
Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
There it is folks, right from the mouth of Jesus himself. Now go get into a fight in the parking lot after you attend your religious services to buy your ticket to heaven. LOL!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9754 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like you do?
I don't ignore links directed at me-- I go look.

99% of the time, though, links by you theists point to Lying For Jesus websites.

Or worse: Apologizing For The Bible's Ugly (bible apologetics).

Neither of these is worthy of further study.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min NoahLovesU 7,612
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 239,843
Is God a Perfect Being? 13 hr Thinking 16
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr ChristineM 2,234
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 15 hr True Christian wi... 137
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 hr ChristineM 19,141
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 20 hr Exodus771 7,512
More from around the web