Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9700 Jun 20, 2013
Hate's a strong word.

"hate" and "hated" appear nearly 200 times in the bible.
Seeker wrote:
Well it's no surprise why Atheist seem to hate Theists so much. I would to if I had things shoved in my face like that.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
"3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."
"12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
"21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9701 Jun 20, 2013
So I make a statement where I say I have sympathy for why Atheists seem to hate Theists so much because I see Theists shoving their own hate things in the face of Atheists, and then I get criticized by Atheists for saying that. Amazing. I would have thought that Theists would have criticized me first.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9702 Jun 20, 2013
The internet can be hostile.

However, I felt that you trying to put me, as a non-believer, into a box marked, "Hates All Theists". That's not the case. I don't.
Seeker wrote:
So I make a statement where I say I have sympathy for why Atheists seem to hate Theists so much because I see Theists shoving their own hate things in the face of Atheists, and then I get criticized by Atheists for saying that. Amazing. I would have thought that Theists would have criticized me first.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9703 Jun 20, 2013
were ^

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9704 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Atheism and Atheist are Not Proper Nouns to Capitalize
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9705 Jun 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The internet can be hostile.
However, I felt that you trying to put me, as a non-believer, into a box marked, "Hates All Theists". That's not the case. I don't.
<quoted text>
I never mentioned you specifically at all. I think you can figure out which multiple Atheists here DO fit the bill. It's not hard to see. And I merely observed the comments that Theists make towards them that are equally hateful, so I could see where all the bad feelings on either side come from.

As far as me, I take no negative comments directed at me seriously at all. I merely wonder what someone could possibly be thinking when they make them and whether they even read the post that I made. But at the end of the day, it's just words anyway on a silly little forum and everybody forgets the little kiddie nursery rhyme of "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". Maybe some people need to re-attend the first grade, because they sure DO get hurt and angry over words.

Sometimes, I'll pull out the scalpel and finally respond back in a really bad and deep cutting way, just to show them the mirror. But if someone is civil with me, I am always civil with them, and it even takes me a while to become uncivil or cutting to them, but after a while, sometimes, after a while, that's the right answer.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9706 Jun 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardly theist liar, first faking a conversation, and then regressing back to the theist spam tactics.
I knew your game before you even started punk.
So what others have said is true. You ARE 16 years old. I think the use of the word "punk" pretty much sums it all up. But heck, you're not angry at all, right? Oh no, no no no, not me. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9707 Jun 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism and Atheist are Not Proper Nouns to Capitalize
Well according to the rules of the English Language, if it is used as a descriptive title for something, then it is capitalized. Even if I forget to do that sometimes.

Location hidden

#9708 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to the rules of the English Language, if it is used as a descriptive title for something, then it is capitalized. Even if I forget to do that sometimes.
You can only capitalize it in the first word of a sentence
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9709 Jun 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only capitalize it in the first word of a sentence
Aren't you from Sweden? Descriptive titles get capitalized in the middle of sentences in English. If Theism, which is a descriptive title, is capitalized, then the rules of English also say that Atheism gets capitalized as well. Languages are not supposed to have religious biases.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9710 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you from Sweden? Descriptive titles get capitalized in the middle of sentences in English. If Theism, which is a descriptive title, is capitalized, then the rules of English also say that Atheism gets capitalized as well. Languages are not supposed to have religious biases.
Do the world a favour and sh*t up your lying theist spammer.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9711 Jun 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the world a favour and sh*t up your lying theist spammer.
But I'm not angry. Oh no, no no no, not ME. LOL!!! It's like the guy who shouts I'M NOT SHOUTING!!! LOL!!! I guess you really are 16.

Location hidden

#9712 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion

http://atheism.about.com/od/definitionofathei...
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9713 Jun 20, 2013
I've chosen not to capitalise the religious terms I have no respect for.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion
http://atheism.about.com/od/definitionofathei...

Location hidden

#9714 Jun 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
i fallow the rule only if it's the first word in a sentence
LNC Llin

United States

#9715 Jun 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the Pope resigned
in God We Trust was taken off American coins
The Sun did not rise in the East

as a result of your bold action.
LOL
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9716 Jun 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
i fallow the rule only if it's the first word in a sentence
Well alrightee than, follow whatever you want.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9717 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the Pope resigned
in God We Trust was taken off American coins
The Sun did not rise in the East
as a result of your bold action.
LOL
Hmmmm...

Location hidden

#9718 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well alrightee than, follow whatever you want.
Atheism and atheist isn't a noun
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9719 Jun 20, 2013
Yes they are. Every bit as much as Theism and Theist. Go look it up in the dictionary. As I said, language does not discriminate based on ideology. If you want to do so, then fine, that's your choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 12 min Science 2,206
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Science 81,909
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web