Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
9,301 - 9,320 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So it didn't always exist. So what caused it to exist?
I know.

Do you?

I doubt that very much...

Hint: it's a seven letter word beginning with a "g"

And no, it's not "god".... that's only three letters.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in response to Bob asking me if I knew how many times the Windows manual has been updated. Basically, he is telling a software developer about windows. Gotta love it.
YOU?

A software developer... I thought you claimed to be a philosophy major or some such sh7t....

...now, you are pretending to be in SOFTWARE?

With **your** lack of logic?

I bet your bosses just **LOVE** re-coding the crapware you churn out...
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Apple clearly care more about their profitability than they do about market share.
The GUI war is a long time in the past.
Look, I'm a software developer and GUI is everything and will always be an ongoing war in varying and new fashions. GUI is "Graphical User Interface". The GUI war is going on right now and always will be going on because that's what actually sells the latest and greatest product. It's ALL about the intelligent design of the GUI and the smartest people give the most power to the user in the simplest fashion. That's what it's all about if you want to sell something. And that's why anybody even develops software in the first place. Why would anybody want to pay me any money unless I solve a larger marketing problem for them? That's the way it simply works. I don't make any money unless I solve a marketing problem and they take this and make money from it, and that's why they pay me. I used to be in Marketing and Sales so I have no misunderstanding of this fact.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<hehe>
Yes. And it's actually getting better.
Of course, much of that improvement, comes from a deliberate creation of the server-side meme, which monitors for errors--and tries to correct those errors in the background.
You have no idea of how modern operating systems work, or at least you have a really bad explanation of it. But the good news for me, is that at least I know I'm not talking to some pimple faced teenager, because a teenager wouldn't have said what you just said. There is "some" archaic truth to what you said. So that's good. Client systems are made to go back to a server and check for things. It is highly inefficient for a server to monitor and check all of it's clients. It's conceptually called, why should the mountain come to Muhammad if Muhammad can simply go to the mountain? This means, why move the mountain to check everyone, if everyone can simply go to the mountain and check themselves when and where they need to? Otherwise, it's called a push concept rather than a pull concept, where the server pushes out to it's clients and has to continually monitor them, rather than the clients pulling from the server whenever they need to. The latter is far more efficient.
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Ah yes, the Quorum model. I worked on clusters, avoiding "split brain" was the biggest issue in a 2-node cluster.

With regards to check sums in nature, I assume they eventually Evolved into place because it would be more difficult for non-checksum genes to be passed down successfully.
<quoted text>
<hehe>
Yes. And it's actually getting better.
Of course, much of that improvement, comes from a deliberate creation of the server-side meme, which monitors for errors--and tries to correct those errors in the background.
When computers were first conceived, and some primitive machines created, the operators would run them at least 3 times. If the results were 2 of 3 in agreement? They concluded they had had a valid run ...
... the fact is, semiconductor electronics is founded on chaos. It literally depends on quantum uncertainty to work properly.
At that level, the random factor is a serious issue-- and must be compensated for. And is.
The most famous is the ubiquitous Check Sum. And now, scientists have found a kind of Check Sum in nature, too...
... amazing: reality is always ahead of us thinking apes.
:D
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

"Look"?

You seem to be getting a bit bent out of shape about what, precisely?

I was referring to the famous GUI court case between Apple and Microsoft, that, in fact, was mainly about Xerox IP. It's a long time in the past.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm a software developer and GUI is everything and will always be an ongoing war in varying and new fashions. GUI is "Graphical User Interface". The GUI war is going on right now and always will be going on because that's what actually sells the latest and greatest product. It's ALL about the intelligent design of the GUI and the smartest people give the most power to the user in the simplest fashion. That's what it's all about if you want to sell something. And that's why anybody even develops software in the first place. Why would anybody want to pay me any money unless I solve a larger marketing problem for them? That's the way it simply works. I don't make any money unless I solve a marketing problem and they take this and make money from it, and that's why they pay me. I used to be in Marketing and Sales so I have no misunderstanding of this fact.
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Muhammad wiped his c*ck on a 6 year old girl. muslims call their paedophile practise "thighing".
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of how modern operating systems work, or at least you have a really bad explanation of it. But the good news for me, is that at least I know I'm not talking to some pimple faced teenager, because a teenager wouldn't have said what you just said. There is "some" archaic truth to what you said. So that's good. Client systems are made to go back to a server and check for things. It is highly inefficient for a server to monitor and check all of it's clients. It's conceptually called, why should the mountain come to Muhammad if Muhammad can simply go to the mountain? This means, why move the mountain to check everyone, if everyone can simply go to the mountain and check themselves when and where they need to? Otherwise, it's called a push concept rather than a pull concept, where the server pushes out to it's clients and has to continually monitor them, rather than the clients pulling from the server whenever they need to. The latter is far more efficient.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Muhammad wiped his c*ck on a 6 year old girl. muslims call their paedophile practise "thighing".
<quoted text>
I know, it's just a saying, and you should see exactly what I really have to say about Muhammad on other topics. Believe me, there are a lot of Muslims that would like to find out who I really am. I actually participate on other topics about what this forum is really made for, as per it's title. Trust me, there are a lot of Muslims here that really do not like me, and that's putting it lightly. But I have read the entire Quran and much of the hadiths, and if you don't like Christian fundies, you ain't seen nothin yet. Muslims worst nightmare is someone who actually knows their scriptures because they can't BS you about them, like they do with others.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

<quoted text>
But.
Brains can be damaged, such that memory is lost. Then the brains are repaired from the damage-- and return to normal brain function.
But the **memories** are gone forever. Lost forever--never to be recovered.
That proves, beyond a doubt, that souls DO NOT preserve memories.
fair enough ...do they not say "your life flashes before your eyes ?" ...is this the reboot ..??

Are you not culpable ; even if you can not recall ...if a man rapes a woman in a drunken black-out ...did he transgress the law..(yes)..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it's just a saying, and you should see exactly what I really have to say about Muhammad on other topics. Believe me, there are a lot of Muslims that would like to find out who I really am. I actually participate on other topics about what this forum is really made for, as per it's title. Trust me, there are a lot of Muslims here that really do not like me, and that's putting it lightly. But I have read the entire Quran and much of the hadiths, and if you don't like Christian fundies, you ain't seen nothin yet. Muslims worst nightmare is someone who actually knows their scriptures because they can't BS you about them, like they do with others.
..amen ..God Bless, Robert Spencer ...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
oh dear "seeker" has been wasting more time showing off what he knows but to a kid? What's new!
"seeker" is the official "dunce" on many threads! lol
DON'T RUN AWAY...
Now use the same resourcefulness and FIND these DIRECT quotes from Jesus.
WE NEED DIRECT FACTUAL ANSWERS, instead of giving us 10 page responses.
Just a YES or NO will do, as that is the only acceptable answer.
Also prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):
Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:
1. "I am God in flesh"…………………………Yes/No
2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No
Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.
THANK YOU.
the Jews killed Jesus for blasphemy ...(He raised Himself to the level of God )...even , they understood this ...

or..smart bloke ..."What did the Jews charge Jesus with ..??."...you can give me 'your' answer .

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now - dying in a barren warehouse with a picture of jesus on the wall - that's classy.
a warehouse ...Her mission wasn't on some Calcutta air field ..its on the mean streets ..there aren't enough beds ...

( you high ..?)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't ask why. You made an analogy about a child wanting candy all day and a mother refusing him, right after we were talking about hell. I have no problem with working for things - no one is saying that everyone should just be given everything, but that is quite different from saying that no one should go to hell.
..thank-you for the backstory ,you been gone a long time ...Hell does seem extreme , but you have to consider the crime ..If I mug my neighbor what do I get 2 years ..If I mug fearless leader Obama ..I don't think I'll ever see the light of day ..

(disclaimer) President Obama if you are reading this ...it's only an analogy ....'please' don't disappear me ...!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does your religion make you so guilty? Shouldn't a religion fulfill? Your religion says that the very act of being human is wrong.
..I can't dispute this ..'You' hit it right on the balls ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of how modern operating systems work, or at least you have a really bad explanation of it.
Dude.... unlike you, I actually did work in the computer industry from 1981 to around 2000-ish.

The rest of your wall-o-words I did not bother to read.. since you start with an insult?

As well as a boost to your own over-inflated ego?

I kinda got bored with you at that point...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Ah yes, the Quorum model. I worked on clusters, avoiding "split brain" was the biggest issue in a 2-node cluster.

With regards to check sums in nature, I assume they eventually Evolved into place because it would be more difficult for non-checksum genes to be passed down successfully.
<quoted text>
That makes as much sense as anything else I've read on the subject.

I would think that a checksum in DNA would be useful to limit the number of fatal DNA combinations during those rare mutant events.

Or it could be useful, to limit the growth and development of certain types of cancer cells, which appear to be a failure of some of the DNA's natural sequence-limits.

But it's pretty cool to discover.

I have read some of the crap that ID'ers claim that the checksum is "proof" of a "designer"....!

Imagine that? Too funny, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>fair enough ...do they not say "your life flashes before your eyes ?" ...is this the reboot ..??
That's just a saying. Empirically, it's not true.
number four wrote:
Are you not culpable ; even if you can not recall ...if a man rapes a woman in a drunken black-out ...did he transgress the law..(yes)..
Of course he did!

But what's the use of a soul without memories? It's just a thing--no personality, no reason to even exist at all.

And?

It won't remember if it was **saved** or not!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>the Jews killed Jesus for blasphemy ...(He raised Himself to the level of God )...even , they
understood this ...
Nope. You are lying. Ask an actual **Jew** why don't you?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>a warehouse ...Her mission wasn't on some Calcutta air field ..its on the mean streets ..there aren't enough beds ...
( you high ..?)
Yes, the monster-teresa warehoused the dying so that they would be out of sight as they suffered in extreme agony and then ... died.

She thought such activity was "glorious"....!

She was truly a sick sociopath.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK . I get it now. Bob was an asshole in his marriage,
I also get YOU:

Your Jesus commanded to **love** your enemies.

But you **hate** them instead.

Therefore? by your own rules? Your Jesus will tell you: "get behind me Satan. I do not know you."

Because of your continuous hate of others....

... ironic?

Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Buck Crick 224,097
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Buck Crick 368
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 197
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 15 hr Patrick 16
•••
•••