Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9575 Jun 18, 2013
Apple clearly care more about their profitability than they do about market share.

The GUI war is a long time in the past. Xerox built the GUI that Microsoft and Apple went to court over anyway so perhaps both parties should've lost.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we'll see. But if you do an analysis of how many phones have a droid operating system, as opposed to an Apple operating system, chances are that far more will be Droid because Droid is installed on many different manufacturer's devices (phones, tablets). Same thing happened with Windows for desktop computers. But again, we'll see. I only know why Window buried the Mac OS on desktop computers, even if the Mac was a more stable OS.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9577 Jun 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...allow me to take a more reasoned response ..I was pretty hammered..
Something was up, that was for certain.

I'm beginning to think you are better when hammered, though...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9578 Jun 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..the Bible has been revised ..they always come out with better translations ...
A translation is **not** a revision.

I would expect nothing LESS, than a **literal** appearance from one of gods messengers or other, and the **revision** handed down literally from on high.

Anything less?

Would be ...

.... human laziness.

Are you **sure** you want that, in a deity?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9579 Jun 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Well, I agree brains can become diseased ..I forget shit all the time ...How can you say it (memory) is lost forever ..It may be ,just inaccessible ..
But.

Brains can be damaged, such that memory is lost. Then the brains are repaired from the damage-- and return to normal brain function.

But the **memories** are gone forever. Lost forever--never to be recovered.

That proves, beyond a doubt, that souls DO NOT preserve memories.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9580 Jun 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Wow...You got great reading comprehension .."Bob of Quantum-Faith"....(my post confused even me )
..Why , do you play so dumb sometimes ..??
:)

For the benefit of anyone who is seriously trying to change themselves for the better.

That may or may not include yourself.

But it did, once upon a time, include me-- I was helped a great deal, by reading and comments by other atheists, back when I was struggling with my own self-imposed insanity (faith).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9581 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been proven as a lie. The U.S.A. was founded by Christianity and destroyed by your atheism.
So.

You agree that atheism is STRONGER than your puny god?

Good!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9582 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
BOB is the definition of MAD.
Projection. Buh-bye.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9583 Jun 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...It was founded, with a belief in God ...
Not **all** of them had such--belief.

And the majority that DID-- were not CHRISTIANS.

At all.

There was, at best, one or three christians as YOU understand the idea.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9584 Jun 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does your religion make you so guilty? Shouldn't a religion fulfill? Your religion says that the very act of being human is wrong.
Ooh!

That is an amazing bit of insight, that I had not considered in exactly that way.

Well done!

Their religion literally punishes them for being human--for being born.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9585 Jun 18, 2013
--_-Supabeast-_-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the founding fathers believed in the Christian god, sure. You also cant deny that many of the founding fathers were Atheists and Deists. Freemasonry was rampant, and they don't subscribe to one religion. They will even accept Satanists. Some say that the whole organization is Satanic, and if THATS the case, just about every founding father was a Satanist.
To believe in satan, you would HAVE to believe in god.
Just an Atheist opinion.
Interesting. I agree with your last bit-- to be a "satanist" one must believe in "satan" as portrayed in literature.

The choice of literature, obviously, is up to the individual believer.

<snerk>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9586 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
At least Windows is productive some of the time.
<quoted text>
<hehe>

Yes. And it's actually getting better.

Of course, much of that improvement, comes from a deliberate creation of the server-side meme, which monitors for errors--and tries to correct those errors in the background.

When computers were first conceived, and some primitive machines created, the operators would run them at least 3 times. If the results were 2 of 3 in agreement? They concluded they had had a valid run ...

... the fact is, semiconductor electronics is founded on chaos. It literally depends on quantum uncertainty to work properly.

At that level, the random factor is a serious issue-- and must be compensated for. And is.

The most famous is the ubiquitous Check Sum. And now, scientists have found a kind of Check Sum in nature, too...

... amazing: reality is always ahead of us thinking apes.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9587 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The USA has been destroyed?
Really?
I was there quite recently and the plane touched down just fine.
<quoted text>
From his perspective, it has.

The USA is not a theocracy, and he is not allowed to torture, maim and murder non-christians as he'd like.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9588 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya gotta love it. The guy who says he is laughing and then types angry statements with f*ck in them and types entire sentences in all caps. It's like, well allrightee then Bob, if you say so ((chuckle chuckle)). I don't believe that I have seen a single even tempered and non insulting post from him.
Perhaps you could try **not** being condescending?

No?

Then the insults remain.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9589 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So it didn't always exist. So what caused it to exist?
I know.

Do you?

I doubt that very much...

Hint: it's a seven letter word beginning with a "g"

And no, it's not "god".... that's only three letters.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9590 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in response to Bob asking me if I knew how many times the Windows manual has been updated. Basically, he is telling a software developer about windows. Gotta love it.
YOU?

A software developer... I thought you claimed to be a philosophy major or some such sh7t....

...now, you are pretending to be in SOFTWARE?

With **your** lack of logic?

I bet your bosses just **LOVE** re-coding the crapware you churn out...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9591 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Apple clearly care more about their profitability than they do about market share.
The GUI war is a long time in the past.
Look, I'm a software developer and GUI is everything and will always be an ongoing war in varying and new fashions. GUI is "Graphical User Interface". The GUI war is going on right now and always will be going on because that's what actually sells the latest and greatest product. It's ALL about the intelligent design of the GUI and the smartest people give the most power to the user in the simplest fashion. That's what it's all about if you want to sell something. And that's why anybody even develops software in the first place. Why would anybody want to pay me any money unless I solve a larger marketing problem for them? That's the way it simply works. I don't make any money unless I solve a marketing problem and they take this and make money from it, and that's why they pay me. I used to be in Marketing and Sales so I have no misunderstanding of this fact.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9592 Jun 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<hehe>
Of course, much of that improvement, comes from a deliberate creation of the server-side meme, which monitors for errors--and tries to correct those errors in the background.
You have no idea of how modern operating systems work, or at least you have a really bad explanation of it. But the good news for me, is that at least I know I'm not talking to some pimple faced teenager, because a teenager wouldn't have said what you just said. There is "some" archaic truth to what you said. So that's good. Client systems are made to go back to a server and check for things. It is highly inefficient for a server to monitor and check all of it's clients. It's conceptually called, why should the mountain come to Muhammad if Muhammad can simply go to the mountain? This means, why move the mountain to check everyone, if everyone can simply go to the mountain and check themselves when and where they need to? Otherwise, it's called a push concept rather than a pull concept, where the server pushes out to it's clients and has to continually monitor them, rather than the clients pulling from the server whenever they need to. The latter is far more efficient.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9593 Jun 18, 2013
Ah yes, the Quorum model. I worked on clusters, avoiding "split brain" was the biggest issue in a 2-node cluster.

With regards to check sums in nature, I assume they eventually Evolved into place because it would be more difficult for non-checksum genes to be passed down successfully.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<hehe>
When computers were first conceived, and some primitive machines created, the operators would run them at least 3 times. If the results were 2 of 3 in agreement? They concluded they had had a valid run ...
... the fact is, semiconductor electronics is founded on chaos. It literally depends on quantum uncertainty to work properly.
At that level, the random factor is a serious issue-- and must be compensated for. And is.
The most famous is the ubiquitous Check Sum. And now, scientists have found a kind of Check Sum in nature, too...
... amazing: reality is always ahead of us thinking apes.
:D
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9594 Jun 18, 2013
"Look"?

You seem to be getting a bit bent out of shape about what, precisely?

I was referring to the famous GUI court case between Apple and Microsoft, that, in fact, was mainly about Xerox IP. It's a long time in the past.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm a software developer and GUI is everything and will always be an ongoing war in varying and new fashions. GUI is "Graphical User Interface". The GUI war is going on right now and always will be going on because that's what actually sells the latest and greatest product. It's ALL about the intelligent design of the GUI and the smartest people give the most power to the user in the simplest fashion. That's what it's all about if you want to sell something. And that's why anybody even develops software in the first place. Why would anybody want to pay me any money unless I solve a larger marketing problem for them? That's the way it simply works. I don't make any money unless I solve a marketing problem and they take this and make money from it, and that's why they pay me. I used to be in Marketing and Sales so I have no misunderstanding of this fact.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9595 Jun 18, 2013
Muhammad wiped his c*ck on a 6 year old girl. muslims call their paedophile practise "thighing".
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of how modern operating systems work, or at least you have a really bad explanation of it. But the good news for me, is that at least I know I'm not talking to some pimple faced teenager, because a teenager wouldn't have said what you just said. There is "some" archaic truth to what you said. So that's good. Client systems are made to go back to a server and check for things. It is highly inefficient for a server to monitor and check all of it's clients. It's conceptually called, why should the mountain come to Muhammad if Muhammad can simply go to the mountain? This means, why move the mountain to check everyone, if everyone can simply go to the mountain and check themselves when and where they need to? Otherwise, it's called a push concept rather than a pull concept, where the server pushes out to it's clients and has to continually monitor them, rather than the clients pulling from the server whenever they need to. The latter is far more efficient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 12 min GTID62 13,173
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min UCantFixStpd 31,028
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Thinking 255,235
Majority of Scots now have no religion 2 hr Thinking 5
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 2 hr Thinking 20
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Thinking 9,717
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 3 hr Thinking 13
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,342
More from around the web