Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9537 Jun 17, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob also left his wife because she's a theist.
Bob and his ex-wife are no longer together because she cheated, and you know this.

I do detest liars. Why must you constantly lie, do you need someone, anyone, just to turn around and look at you. You know only what Bob posted about the dissolution of his marriage, and you are lying about that.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So you finally admit that you kicked your ex. Progress is being made. Now what about the issue of molesting her kids too? Are you finally going to admit that too? Get help! Get a job too!

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:

You don't understand metaphor, godbot-- do you?

My ex was cheating on me-- so she and I divorced.

I see you are revealing that you abuse women and now?

We see you abuse kids, too!

Are you a Catholic or what?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9538 Jun 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an atheist choose hell in the first place?
Doesn't an atheist have enough moral sense to avoid hell?
What kind of value do you put on your life?
Do atheist believe they have the right to rape, rob, and steal because they don't believe there is a God?
You're an idiot. The atheist is more moral than the religious person because the atheist refrains from those behaviors because they are morally wrong, not to avoid punishment.

Location hidden

#9539 Jun 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...also..may I add ...Do 'not' blame God for a loss of faith ....The real 'blame' goes to we Christians ourselves ...'too many' of us speak of love and charity ..while actually living lives of greed ,intolerance and decadence ..
of course, a rational man ( such as yourself )...will quickly surmise ...that we (Christians) are full of (beep)..!
, the fault is 'ours' not Gods ....capishe..?
Why does your religion make you so guilty? Shouldn't a religion fulfill? Your religion says that the very act of being human is wrong.

Location hidden

#9540 Jun 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..oh..pish posh ...Mother's work 'The Missionaries of Charity'..would 'always' accept volunteers ...there was nothing secretive ; about it ...!
in Calcutta dying in the streets or getting eaten by dogs ..is not very dignified ..
Now - dying in a barren warehouse with a picture of jesus on the wall - that's classy.
--_-Supabeast-_- -

Charlotte, NC

#9541 Jun 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...It was founded, with a belief in God ...
..You can't deny this ..You're 'one' of the honest pagans/free thinkers ...
Some of the founding fathers believed in the Christian god, sure. You also cant deny that many of the founding fathers were Atheists and Deists. Freemasonry was rampant, and they don't subscribe to one religion. They will even accept Satanists. Some say that the whole organization is Satanic, and if THATS the case, just about every founding father was a Satanist.

To believe in satan, you would HAVE to believe in god.

Just an Atheist opinion.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9542 Jun 18, 2013
At least Windows is productive some of the time.
<quoted text>
How many times has the "manual" for Windows been updated, since it was released back in 1995?
Do you have ***any** idea?
Something on the order 100's of times **or****more**....!
And that was just for some old crappy computer operating system...
....!!!
How many times, has your god come down to earth (in one guise or another) to UPDATE THE BIBLE?
....what's that? I can't hear you.... NONE?
NONE AT ALL??????
Wow.....
... almost as if he wasn't really there at all........
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9543 Jun 18, 2013
The USA has been destroyed?
Really?
I was there quite recently and the plane touched down just fine.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been proven as a lie. The U.S.A. was founded by Christianity and destroyed by your atheism.
You are an enemy as far as I'm concerned. I see you as no different than a radical Muslim. In fact, I find you worse.
Shove your atheism back up your ass.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9544 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
BOB is the definition of MAD.
Ya gotta love it. The guy who says he is laughing and then types angry statements with f*ck in them and types entire sentences in all caps. It's like, well allrightee then Bob, if you say so ((chuckle chuckle)). I don't believe that I have seen a single even tempered and non insulting post from him.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9545 Jun 18, 2013
--_-Supabeast-_-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the founding fathers believed in the Christian god, sure. You also cant deny that many of the founding fathers were Atheists and Deists. Freemasonry was rampant, and they don't subscribe to one religion. They will even accept Satanists. Some say that the whole organization is Satanic, and if THATS the case, just about every founding father was a Satanist.
To believe in satan, you would HAVE to believe in god.
Just an Atheist opinion.
So then none of them were Atheists, not even the Satanists, even though you said some were. Anyway, maybe there might have been a few Atheists. Can you name any? I don't know much about it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9546 Jun 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. The atheist is more moral than the religious person because the atheist refrains from those behaviors because they are morally wrong, not to avoid punishment.
I kind of raised a similar point as you just did and I was rebuked for it by an atheist here. Go figure, eh? He suggested that Atheists don't do good things because they are moral or caring people, they just do what they have to do. That didn't sound like a lot of Atheists that I know that in fact do plenty of kind things. Weird.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9547 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, let's see... the earth, according to the best scientists on earth, is in excess of 4.something billion years old.
So it didn't always exist. So what caused it to exist?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9548 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
At least Windows is productive some of the time.
<quoted text>
This was in response to Bob asking me if I knew how many times the Windows manual has been updated. Basically, he is telling a software developer about windows. Gotta love it.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9549 Jun 18, 2013
Somebody needs to tell Windows about software developers, more like.

I'll stick to Mac OS.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in response to Bob asking me if I knew how many times the Windows manual has been updated. Basically, he is telling a software developer about windows. Gotta love it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9550 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Somebody needs to tell Windows about software developers, more like.
I'll stick to Mac OS.
<quoted text>
The reason why windows became more popular than the mac is because they opened up far more about their OS to software developers and made software development much easier and faster than it was on a mac and offered more powerful libraries to developers. So most developers made applications in windows. So it was actually windows catering to software developers that made it become so popular.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9551 Jun 18, 2013
It's funny that the Mac is always seen as the open, good guy and the PC and Windows is always seen as the secretive bad guy. But in reality, it's the exact opposite. Macs have to be made by Apple. A PC can be made by anybody. And it was Microsoft that opened up far more of it's OS secrets for developers than the Mac. It's really just that everybody hates a winner and they will always be the bad guy. But, as far as which is the better and more stable OS? Probably the Mac, or at least it used to be. But all OSs are getting so good now, that it really doesn't matter. And the "supposed" "good guy" is way more expensive for no justifiable reason anymore.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9552 Jun 18, 2013
And the funniest part is that Apple is repeating the same exact mistakes with the phone and tablets that they did with desktop systems, and the Droid is going to over take it. You would have thought that they would have learned, but apparently they did not. They are still a far more "closed" and "proprietary" organization.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9553 Jun 18, 2013
I choose Mac OS because Windows still patches itself up excessively (both 7 and 8) and require heavy dumbware such as AV to survive on the web. That's why I use Mac OS.

Microsoft also do dumbass things regarding portability of licenses that hurts the user experience.

I'm making no moral claims regarding the Apple corporation, though. They're just another big corporation.
Seeker wrote:
It's funny that the Mac is always seen as the open, good guy and the PC and Windows is always seen as the secretive bad guy. But in reality, it's the exact opposite. Macs have to be made by Apple. A PC can be made by anybody. And it was Microsoft that opened up far more of it's OS secrets for developers than the Mac. It's really just that everybody hates a winner and they will always be the bad guy. But, as far as which is the better and more stable OS? Probably the Mac, or at least it used to be. But all OSs are getting so good now, that it really doesn't matter. And the "supposed" "good guy" is way more expensive for no justifiable reason anymore.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9554 Jun 18, 2013
Apple have learned to focus on profit per unit, and that policy is still working for them. This is why Apple now have over twice the market capitalisation of Microsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_corporat...
Seeker wrote:
And the funniest part is that Apple is repeating the same exact mistakes with the phone and tablets that they did with desktop systems, and the Droid is going to over take it. You would have thought that they would have learned, but apparently they did not. They are still a far more "closed" and "proprietary" organization.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9555 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Apple have learned to focus on profit per unit, and that policy is still working for them. This is why Apple now have over twice the market capitalisation of Microsoft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_corporat...
<quoted text>
Sure, the Droid is going to supersede the IPhone and IPad, if it already hasn't, just like Microsoft did with Windows. But the Droid is not Microsoft, it is Google. As far as patches in Windows, there rarely are any patches, with the exception of the disastrous Vista. It's almost all security updates and Windows has to have these because everybody's gunning for Windows when they write viruses or malware because the overwhelming majority uses Windows. But now, that the IPhone became popular, suddenly Apple had problems with security holes as well. People are now bothering to find security holes since it is now popular and they are finding them. As I said, nobody likes a winner. It's just the ugly or malicious side of human nature. Even a great, successful invention such as the computer itself exposes itself to the uglier or malicious side of human nature where people try to knock it down or make it problematic just for the sake of it.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#9556 Jun 18, 2013
You're getting your terminology very muddled between OSes and hardware.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, the Droid is going to supersede the IPhone and IPad, if it already hasn't, just like Microsoft did with Windows. But the Droid is not Microsoft, it is Google. As far as patches in Windows, there rarely are any patches, with the exception of the disastrous Vista. It's almost all security updates and Windows has to have these because everybody's gunning for Windows when they write viruses or malware because the overwhelming majority uses Windows. But now, that the IPhone became popular, suddenly Apple had problems with security holes as well. People are now bothering to find security holes since it is now popular and they are finding them. As I said, nobody likes a winner. It's just the ugly or malicious side of human nature. Even a great, successful invention such as the computer itself exposes itself to the uglier or malicious side of human nature where people try to knock it down or make it problematic just for the sake of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min Into The Night 93,403
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,055
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 20 hr Eagle 12 - 80
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11