Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12667 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Lincoln LCN

United States

#9443 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you disagree, you are a LIAR. LOL!!! I just don't even know what this guy is thinking or who taught him how to reason or have a rational discussion. Somebody really messed with this guy at some point in his life, so he is an angry person with a giant chip on his shoulder. My guess is that he's been lied to by a lot of people, and that's why he likes to call everyone liars.
If we learn some of the truth in our lives we may have accomplished a great deal.
A bit of humility might assist this poster?
Peace
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9444 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Hitler said horrible things about jews. That was his belief. He was lying about his race being superior.
I think he tried to state that as a fact and even tried to prove it and did "scientific" experiments and tried to use science to prove it.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9445 Jun 16, 2013
Thinking

London, UK

#9446 Jun 16, 2013
So you're saying the reason god leaves no evidence of its existence is that there is no point.

There's a more simple reason there is no evidence for god.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the point? To influence little old you? I don't remember you being the center of the universe, although the human mind does perceive life that way, because everything is always about them, first and foremost.
<quoted text>
Yeah, and it's conjecture.
<quoted text>
Well assuming that their theory is even correct, why import anything to make those instead of using what is already on the earth? If you want to get into the theory that the Gods of the Ancients were actually Aliens, I know all about it, and it is an interesting theory, but that's all that I could say about it one way or another. It's not like they have no basis for saying that, but I can't tell whether they have enough basis for saying that. But they can make it make sense and appear compelling. It's not illogical, but that doesn't mean it's completely compelling, it's only logically possible. I actually do not shut my mind to that idea at all.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#9447 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it "blameworthy" or is it merely one's take on things?
..Atheism ... unbelief is culpable ..(but, we can't say that for every single instance)...

I tell these pagans , Denial of God is a sin against the 1st commandment ...

But, of course nothing is ever 'easy'..if they were never taught for example ..

I'm of the school ; morality is objective ,not subjective ..It's nice to meet you b.t.w., my is "number four" ..I like beer , running from the cops , loose slots , the G.O.P. and Jesus ..
Thinking

London, UK

#9448 Jun 16, 2013
No.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it confirm 'creation'??

Las Vegas, NV

#9449 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying creationist trolls with no proof of god need to leave the atheist forum.
..O contraire mon frere ...I read the 'topix forum' bylines ; I do 'not' need proof of God to submit my posts ...

..That makes you a fibber ...and, you 'know' what happens to fibbers ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9450 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Hitler said horrible things about jews. That was his belief. He was lying about his race being superior.
In the same way that theists lie about god being real or that only some people achieving salvation.
Its the same lie - it comes from your delusional beliefs for which you take no responsiblity to confront.
..come on ...silly billy ...!!...How can Christianity be so bad ..think of Christmas , Easter ..that some good times ..!!

Las Vegas, NV

#9451 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw come on, I did not to refute you larger, more important points. So why bother to leave? If you feel you now have to change your name for some reason, then change it to number five and nobody is going to care anyway, except for a few angry trolls. If you want, I'll go piss skeptic off, but it seems like anything that I say pisses him off anyway.
...yeah, I (heart) sarcasm ...you , did not ruin anything ...you , did correctly point out ( to make the assertion , is an obligation to produce the prove )..but

I can't prove God really exist to these men and women ..and, they 'know it'..."-Skeptic-" ,just like to sweat me and say hurtful things ...

Las Vegas, NV

#9452 Jun 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No.
<quoted text>
..but...but...THE VARIABLES ...!!...Theses aren't tetrapods in the Ocean ...you dig ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#9453 Jun 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you're saying the reason god leaves no evidence of its existence is that there is no point.
<quoted text>
For the thoughtful , and philosophers don't these cat all accept a creator ..??

I'm mean really ( besides Buddha) doesn't every philosopher believe in God or life after death ..??

God promised us free will ; if we see Him riding His chariot every sunrise ...how , are we free to accept His rule or reject it ....hmmmmm???
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9454 Jun 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I said that I believe that God is something beyond the conceptualizing mind. The closet thing that I could ever come to evidence, and it isn't evidence, is that while the explanation of an intelligent creator may seem unproven or even absurd, so is any other explanation to date and in my opinion, even more absurd. Take the big bang for example. Well, that's fine and it could make sense. An almost infinitely small and dense thing started everything else. But it's still an almost infinitely small and dense "thing" if it could even be referred to as almost infinitely small and dense. So if it's a "thing", then we have to ask about cause or origin of the thing itself, which is a question that everyone seems to want to conveniently skip.

In quantum physics, we have things that "seem" to appear out of thin air, but then again, a lot of quantum physics also postulates the idea of many parallel dimensions and even universes. So how do we know that this thing that "seems" to appear from nowhere isn't borrowed or moved from somewhere else? And then we are right back to the question of what caused this other place or universe?

Heisenberg's work caused him to conclude the following quotes from his book Physics and Philosophy.

“Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we CAN think.”

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”

“In the history of science, ever since the famous trial of Galileo, it has repeatedly been claimed that scientific truth cannot be reconciled with the religious interpretation of the world. Although I an now convinced that scientific truth is unassailable in its own field, I have never found it possible to dismiss the content of religious thinking as simply part of an outmoded phase in the consciousness of mankind, a part we shall have to give up from now on, Thus in the course of my life I have repeatedly been compelled to ponder on the relationship of these two regions of thought, for I have never been able to doubt the reality of that to which they point.”
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#9455 Jun 16, 2013
Religions are called 'Faiths' by their own believers because they acknowledge that what they believe can not be empirically proven. This is not a weakness in their eyes. Indeed, in many ways it is part of their strength.

I would not call atheism a 'faith' in the traditional sense of the word, yet in has the key characteristic of a belief that can not be empirically proven...and for them it is a weakness. It forever dogs their heels, as it is contradictory to the premise of their own beliefs as THEY see it.

Interestingly enough I would say that the Deists and the agnostics have the easiest time of it here, with some very strong arguments; very hard to keep up with.

That being said I would have a hard time trying to refute a Jesuit...those guys are true intellectuals.

Ah, but I ramble.

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9456 Jun 16, 2013
LBer wrote:
Religions are called 'Faiths' by their own believers because they acknowledge that what they believe can not be empirically proven. This is not a weakness in their eyes. Indeed, in many ways it is part of their strength.
I would not call atheism a 'faith' in the traditional sense of the word, yet in has the key characteristic of a belief that can not be empirically proven...and for them it is a weakness. It forever dogs their heels, as it is contradictory to the premise of their own beliefs as THEY see it.
Interestingly enough I would say that the Deists and the agnostics have the easiest time of it here, with some very strong arguments; very hard to keep up with.
That being said I would have a hard time trying to refute a Jesuit...those guys are true intellectuals.
You should see this one. He said things that I never would have even thought of or considered. But even though he was a Jesuit, he would probably more be considered a mystic. Not as in Sylvia Brown or Deepak Chopra phony types, but as in people Like Lao Tzu or Juddhu Krisnamurti. People like this are much like Philosophers and are logical, but while the Philosopher only deals with what can be conceived of, they go a little further into the unknown, but still try to use the same mental discipline.

http://www.soulwise.net/99adm01.htm

Las Vegas, NV

#9457 Jun 16, 2013
LBer wrote:
I would not call atheism a 'faith' in the traditional sense of the word,
..huh..What of the edict "put 'no' strange gods before Me !"...??

That means money ,sex, power ,self ...and , this is exactly what Atheists do put (self) before God ..

..Would you consider atheism as a pagan religion ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9458 Jun 16, 2013
Educated What wrote:
..%$#@ Texas ...Gov. Perry , I bet he smells terrific ..!!!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#9459 Jun 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..come on ...silly billy ...!!...How can Christianity be so bad ..think of Christmas , Easter ..that some good times ..!!
Both stolen from older religions
Lincoln LCN

United States

#9460 Jun 16, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Both stolen from older religions
Statute of Limitations is up
LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9461 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You type in all caps quite a lot.
So? I am dealing with obstinate, concrete-for-brains people who typically do not actually **read**.

So by using caps (I'm often too lazy to put proper ** around the word--caps is simply easier) I can make the important words stand out.

It's all about getting the message across the concrete-barriers that religion has imposed in these people, from insidious brainwashing.

I really don't care one way or another, if some god-botherer thinks I'm yelling-- if the **message** gets through.

It usually does-- the responses of seething hate and threats of infinite torture are sure-fire telling points I **scored** deep into their pathetic faithview.
Uncle Sam wrote:
Typing one word in caps is emphasis, typing many words in caps represents shouting. Or, maybe you just accidentally keep hitting your caps lock.
See above. Your projecting of your own anger is also a key ingredient....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9462 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about them because I live in Massachusetts, and it's the opposite of where you live. Talk of God is kept very quiet and kept as a very personal matter and it's usually embarrassing to bring the issue up.
As it **should** be.... it's a mental disease, really.

And one that is easily cured-- quality education works for most folk. A few, who's minds have been particularly damaged, need more than just quality education.
Seeker wrote:
And I've seen plenty of Atheists who do kind things that they don't
even need to do.
Likely in reaction to the hate-speech that is so taken for granted from religious types.

This hate-speech is so ubiquitous that most folk don't even realize that it **is** hate-speech-- so common it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Knowledge- 247,391
Proof of God for the Atheist 11 min Shizle 118
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 47 min -Stray Dog 47,799
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 1 hr thetruth 7
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 12,639
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 7 hr thetruth 21
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 18 hr JustASkeptic 14,714
More from around the web