Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9410 Jun 16, 2013
LBer wrote:
An atheist, by definition, has no strongly held convictions (not in the legal sense, but the moral).
Well, with one exception, their faith in there being no God. God is a matter of faith in either direction, as God can neither be proven or disproven empirically...thus the "faith" aspect of both positions.
But beyond this, the logical outcome of atheism is that is there is no right or wrong, no better or worse.
Following this, the true atheist position would be to have no position on anything, even on their belief in a lack of God, as it doesn't matter - no right or wrong, remember? No better or worse, remember?
The true atheist position is to ignore everything that does not interfere with their biological comfort, or initiate biological pain.
To the true atheist, nothing should matter beyond this...not even convincing people of their position. And I think most of them realize this to one degree or another, as I always sense a certain 'uneasiness' in their writings on the subject.
An atheist on an atheistic jihad is simply an annoying person, unfirm in their so-called atheistic 'convictions.'
Atheism isn't a faith - it a lack of belief in god.

Poor creationists like you need to redefine atheism because you cannot actually attack it.

Meanwhile you continue to lie about god being real, while presenting no evidence.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9411 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you, who try to play victim are dishonest.
Show me EXACTLY where I have played the victim? All I did is to state the way things are where I live. I didn't complain about it at all.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why you dont bring up your beliefs around atheists. Its because your book says that all atheists are fools.
I'm going to guess that you are not from a very educated region of the country. It's simply a matter left to the individual where I live, and people talk to each other about practical matters, not personal matters.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you expect people to treat you when you admit to believing in this stupidity?
I don't think it is stupidity at all, and people where I live don't call it that because the people who believe aren't stupid like the people who believe where you appear to live. Believers are well educated where I live. They have College degrees.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The time for playing victim is up, you need to prove your god or stop bothering atheists with this slimy & dishonest religious conversion tactics.
Maybe you might need to get rid of the chip on your shoulder and learn how to have a conversation that is not laced with insults. There's no need for that and you don't give anybody any confidence in your education or intelligence level when you do that. I have never tried to convert anybody, nor would I ever be foolish enough to even bother. That's up to the individual. Everybody has access to religious material, so there's nothing that I am going to tell them that they couldn't read for themselves. If someone were interested in it, and wanted to ask me why I believe, then I would explain that to them. Just because I raise questions to people who are absolutely certain they have all of the answers isn't any attempt at conversion at all. I am merely bringing up all aspects of the question itself.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9412 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its better for you to talk about caps lock than reply with an actual argument.
You denied being angry, so I responded to explain why you give the appearance that you are. You are reminding me of the joke of the guy who shouts, I'm not shouting. Your posts are laced with insults all over the place and when someone is insulting, that usually comes from anger as well.

Location hidden

#9413 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't disbelieve or have a lack of belief in something unless you first have an idea to disbelieve in.
You're wrong. I don't believe that 2+2 = 5

I disbelieve this because 2+2 does not = 5. I disbelieve it because 2+2 = 4 and tts not an idea, its a proven fact, with evidence behind it.

When you lie about god and evidence shows that you are a liar, it is the time to sit down and stop talking. But you persist, you continue to lie about god even though you have absolutely no evidence.

With this no evidence, you choose to believe that all atheists are fools and you choose to come to the atheist forum to convert them to your stupidity. In a bad handed and dishonest way.

Atheists will always look for evidence before deciding to accept something unproven as fact.

That is not in response to your particular cult, it is just the way of thinking when applied to the physical world.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to think of yourself as someone who didn't believe in Radio Waves in the 13th century because the thought never even occurred to you. You would have no idea to even deny or disbelieve in. The thought would have never even occurred to you to disbelieve it.
Radio waves are real and proven and nobody believed in them until they were real and proven. We have physical evidence and they are used every single day.

There is no evidence for god. The word god itself is meaningless. You cannot compare the two because Radio Waves are an evidence-based phenommenon, while god is a fraudulent lie, spread by weak, ignorant uneducated, dishonest people like you.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But the idea or concept of God has occurred to you, and you reject it. That's a denial. Not a denial as in "living in denial", but just a simple denial. You deny the belief of the existence of God. You deny the concept of God that you have been told. I don't understand the importance of these word games or semantics sometimes. Does it really make that much of a difference in this case whether we say lack of belief or denial? It's really the same thing in this case.
Atheists do not belief in god. It is not a denial.

Do you deny that 2+2 = 5? No of course not you stupid f*ck. Its just plain stupid and wrong, and there's evidence to show why.

You can f*ck off back to your cult now as you've failed to convert any atheists with your spectacularly stupid reasoning.

Location hidden

#9414 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me EXACTLY where I have played the victim?
"I live in Massachusetts, and it's the opposite of where you live. Talk of God is kept very quiet and kept as a very personal matter and it's usually embarrassing to bring the issue up." - Seeker

You say this to invite pity upon you. Ohh poor Seeker, not allowed to talk about god because of the unbearable religious oppression in Massacechusetts…go on lie some more Seeker…see if it works..

And then of course followed by your own admission of guilt:
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I did is to state the way things are where I live. I didn't complain about it at all.
<quoted text>

You can't fool us when you play victim.

[QUOTE who="Seeker"]<quo ted text>
I'm going to guess that you are not from a very educated region of the country. It's simply a matter left to the individual where I live, and people talk to each other about practical matters, not personal matters.
<quoted text>
A poor guess. Now that you have no points to actually make, you try an adhominem attack, trying to insult my location.

This is because you know you've been found out for being a liar with no proof of god trying to sneak your ignorant creationist message in the atheist forum.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is stupidity at all, and people where I live don't call it that because the people who believe aren't stupid like the people who believe where you appear to live. Believers are well educated where I live. They have College degrees.
You can be well educated and still stupid when it comes to lying about a god you have no evidence for.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you might need to get rid of the chip on your shoulder and learn how to have a conversation that is not laced with insults. There's no need for that and you don't give anybody any confidence in your education or intelligence level when you do that. I have never tried to convert anybody, nor would I ever be foolish enough to even bother. That's up to the individual. Everybody has access to religious material, so there's nothing that I am going to tell them that they couldn't read for themselves. If someone were interested in it, and wanted to ask me why I believe, then I would explain that to them. Just because I raise questions to people who are absolutely certain they have all of the answers isn't any attempt at conversion at all. I am merely bringing up all aspects of the question itself.
When you're able to grow up and prove your god, instead of lying about it in the atheist forum, you will gain some respect.

Selling us your cult while you lie to us about god does you no favours Seeker.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9415 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. I don't believe that 2+2 = 5
I disbelieve this because 2+2 does not = 5. I disbelieve it because 2+2 = 4 and tts not an idea, its a proven fact, with evidence behind it.
2+2=5 is an idea, isn't it? It might be a wrong one, but it is an idea for you to disbelieve in. you have been told an idea and you deny the truth of that idea. I'm not even talking about whether your denial is correct or not, it's a denial of what you have been presented with. A justified denial is still a denial.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you lie about god and evidence shows that you are a liar, it is the time to sit down and stop talking. But you persist, you continue to lie about god even though you have absolutely no evidence.
My idea for God is that we cannot know or understand what God really is with our limited capabilities. But ultimately, I say that I know that I don't know, I can only believe. I'm not the one who claims that I "know" something, I believe something. And my reasons for belief are far different than most other believers.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
With this no evidence, you choose to believe that all atheists are fools
I would like you to show me where I ever said that.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
and you choose to come to the atheist forum
It's not an atheist forum, so that is yet another mistake you have made.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
to convert them to your stupidity. In a bad handed and dishonest way.
I am not trying to convert anyone and I have said nothing dishonest at all. I merely point out additional considerations of the question itself.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists will always look for evidence before deciding to accept something unproven as fact.
I understand that. That is easy to understand and there is nothing illogical about that.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not in response to your particular cult, it is just the way of thinking when applied to the physical world.
<quoted text>
Radio waves are real and proven and nobody believed in them until they were real and proven. We have physical evidence and they are used every single day.
But you did not decide whether it is true or not until you have been given an idea to decide whether it is true or not. In the 13th century, you didn't even have that idea to even make a decision about it. But you do have an idea for God to disbelieve in or deny.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for god. The word god itself is meaningless. You cannot compare the two because Radio Waves are an evidence-based phenommenon, while god is a fraudulent lie, spread by weak, ignorant uneducated, dishonest people like you.
<quoted text>
At this point, I am beginning to suspect that I have more education than you do. Have you graduated from any decent University? Have you taken any formal classes in Philosophy and Psychology?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not belief in god. It is not a denial.
Do you deny that 2+2 = 5?
Yes. I deny the claim that has been presented to me.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No of course not you stupid f*ck.
And you're not angry? Didn't you just get done "denying" that you are angry?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just plain stupid and wrong, and there's evidence to show why.
You can f*ck off back to your cult now as you've failed to convert any atheists with your spectacularly stupid reasoning.
Yes, now you are definitely reminding me of the guy who shouts, I'm not shouting. You don't appear to have much self awareness. Insults, profanity, sentences in all caps...if that doesn't represent anger, I don't know what does.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9416 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"I live in Massachusetts, and it's the opposite of where you live. Talk of God is kept very quiet and kept as a very personal matter and it's usually embarrassing to bring the issue up." - Seeker

You say this to invite pity upon you. Ohh poor Seeker, not allowed to talk about god because of the unbearable religious oppression in Massacechusetts…go on lie some more Seeker…see if it works..
Where was my complaint in that statement? I merely stated the way things are. I don't even think it's unfair at all. As I said, God is a personal matter to people where I live and people are supposed to talk about practical matters that they can all agree upon.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
And then of course followed by your own admission of guilt:
<quoted text>
Where?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A poor guess. Now that you have no points to actually make, you try an adhominem attack, trying to insult my location.
I bring up your location because your attitude towards the issue seems to suggest that where you live, people try to shove God in your face and hence your anger towards the issue itself. They don't where I live.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is because you know you've been found out for being a liar with no proof of god trying to sneak your ignorant creationist message in the atheist forum.
I merely said it's fair for people to be exposed to all ideas. I don't think that people should be denied any ideas for consideration.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be well educated and still stupid when it comes to lying about a god you have no evidence for.
When someone states their beliefs, rather than stating it as fact, how can they be lying?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to grow up
How old are you? I'm in my 40's and have worked many professional jobs in my career.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
and prove your god,
I always claim that God can neither be proven nor disproven.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
instead of lying about it in the atheist forum,
This is called Islam Forum.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
you will gain some respect.
With everything that you say, I am losing more and more of that for you.

Location hidden

#9417 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was my complaint in that statement? I merely stated the way things are. I don't even think it's unfair at all. As I said, God is a personal matter to people where I live and people are supposed to talk about practical matters that they can all agree upon.
<quoted text>
Where?
<quoted text>
I bring up your location because your attitude towards the issue seems to suggest that where you live, people try to shove God in your face and hence your anger towards the issue itself. They don't where I live.
<quoted text>
I merely said it's fair for people to be exposed to all ideas. I don't think that people should be denied any ideas for consideration.
<quoted text>
When someone states their beliefs, rather than stating it as fact, how can they be lying?
<quoted text>
How old are you? I'm in my 40's and have worked many professional jobs in my career.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Lots of mindless inane chatter and no proof of god.

Yet you still ocntinue to lie again and again.

The mental illness of faith has got you good.

Location hidden

#9418 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I find it funny how you tell me your age as though that somehow makes your lies about god somehow more valid.

You have no proof of god and choose to lie about it to atheists in the atheism forum.

This is shameful and dishonest. You are 40 and do not have any morals to speak of. What a failure of your cult.

Location hidden

#9419 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
My idea for God is that we cannot
Your ideas are worthless and unproven. Your arrogance prevents you from studying science and learning more about what you dont know.

This is why you pass judgements on atheists while lying about god.
Lincoln LCN

United States

#9420 Jun 16, 2013
Your ideas are worthless ..........

the troll doth post on and on :-)
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#9421 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its actually time to admit you don't understand that atheism is a lack of belief in god & not a denial?
..You say tomato ; I say tomato ....(what ?)...I guess that doesn't really work in written form ...

..There is 'culpable' unbelief ..( blameworthy )..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#9422 Jun 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that as a **good** thing.
Back in the 60's, people simply remained miserable, instead of a healthy moving-on of divorce.
When two people grow apart, it is **criminal** to force them to remain locked together.
It's high time we dropped the idiotic idea of "marriage is permanent" anyhow.
It **ought** to be incredibly difficult to marry, but dirt-simple to divorce.
THAT would drop your divorce rate to near-nothing... if people had to jump incredible hurdles to **get** married in the first place.
Most would simply opt to live together, until they decided not to.
Better all around...
(except for the kids )
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9423 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ideas are worthless and unproven. Your arrogance prevents you from studying science and learning more about what you dont know.
This is why you pass judgements on atheists while lying about god.
I probably know more science than you do. You have to take science classes in college and have to have some science knowledge before you can even get into college. And I passed no judgement at all on atheists. If I passed any judgements, it was on your nasty behavior.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9424 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny how you tell me your age as though that somehow makes your lies about god somehow more valid.
You told me to grow up, and it looks like I am older, more mature, and more experienced than you are. I'm not the one behaving like an angry little child.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god and choose to lie about it to atheists in the atheism forum.
I'll say it again. Stating one's beliefs as beliefs rather than fact is not a lie at all. And this is not an Atheist forum.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is shameful and dishonest. You are 40 and do not have any morals to speak of.
It is shameful, dishonest and immoral to say what one believes? It what universe? Look, it's not my fault that the entire issue makes you so angry and sends you off the edge. That's your fault, not mine. Nobody forces you to react the way you do.

I'm not the one
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9425 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of mindless inane chatter and no proof of god.
And another baseless insult
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you still ocntinue to lie again and again.
And another false accusation.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The mental illness of faith has got you good.
Well it doesn't make me an angry dismissive person such as yourself.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9426 Jun 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You say tomato ; I say tomato ....(what ?)...I guess that doesn't really work in written form ...
..There is 'culpable' unbelief ..( blameworthy )..
Is it "blameworthy" or is it merely one's take on things?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#9427 Jun 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Are you claiming your witch doctor's, to be actual doctors?
Just so you know: Your god is squiggly lines on paper, and I create squiggly lines on paper.
...Ah, Come on dickless , don't be like "Bob of Q/F" who needs everything explained to him ...a..'doctor' an MD do they use scare tactics ..??..or merely relating factual consequences ..

The wages of sin is death ...is factual...amen

All human learning is passed down thru the written word ; why should not the revelation ,of God involvement with humanity ; be passed along in the very same way ..?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9428 Jun 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
The wages of sin is death ...is factual...amen
If the scriptures are fact. If you say they are fact, then you are obligated to prove them as fact. And fact requires different proof than belief. Amen means, I believe, not it is a fact. That's why it's called belief rather than fact. Belief certainly can end up being true, but calling something fact requires proof. If you want to prove that God exists, then go right ahead and God bless you for trying, because I can't prove nor disprove it and I don't know how anybody possibly could.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#9429 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If the scriptures are fact. If you say they are fact, then you are obligated to prove them as fact. And fact requires different proof than belief. Amen means, I believe, not it is a fact. That's why it's called belief rather than fact. Belief certainly can end up being true, but calling something fact requires proof. If you want to prove that God exists, then go right ahead and God bless you for trying, because I can't prove nor disprove it and I don't know how anybody possibly could.
..??..So , What are you trying to say 'exactly'..??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 23 min Eagle 12 - 32,583
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min Eagle 12 - 80,044
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 128
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 3 hr The Bible Student 66
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sat Eagle 12 - 104
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web