Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
9,101 - 9,120 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The Hebrews understood justice ..An eye for an eye ; and all that ..
Your point? No? Hmmmm...
number four wrote:
Jesus understood justice reaffirming the 'golden rule'..
Not in your buybull, silly boyo-- can you point to this ... "golden rule" in your BuyBull? No?

Interesting.... yet you vainly (and falsely) attempt to attribute it to your Jewsus....

... why?
number four wrote:
Jesus (again) Judge ye not ; lest the same measure be used against you ..
That one? You Genuine Christians™ NEVER-EVER-EVER follow.

Ever.

If you DID?

YOU WOULD NEVER, EVER, ACCUSE SOMEONE OF NOT BEING SAVED.

You would simply assume that they WERE ALREADY. End of story.

But you DO NOT DO THAT, DO YOU?

Nope.

YOU JUDGE.

Hypocrites.
number four wrote:
Death is coming for us all ...and , depending on how we regard our neighbors , is the test ,that we pass or fail ..
Sure, sure-- life is a terminal disease, nobody gets out alive, and all that.

You have a point? No?

We all die-- and **kaput** that's it. End of story.

You have something-- ANYTHING-- that proves otherwise?

Because **I** have thousands of documents showing that when the BRAIN dies-- so does the PERSONALITY....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know what pat of the US you are from, but I'm from the North East and that never or rarely happens.
I live in one of the reddest of the red states.

Christian against non-christian persecution is a daily occurrence, hereabouts.
Seeker wrote:
People are well educated in the North East.
And yet? Women's clinics up in your part of the world, get picketed too... by religious bigots.

... hmmmm....
Seeker wrote:
And if it's the parents forcing their kid to do this, well, that's between the parents and the kid. Parents force kids to do lots of things.
Yes. It ought to be a crime, but it's not. However, the internet is showing these internet-savy kids how much their parents are LYING TO THEM.

In time? Your ugly religion will join the other mythology on the shelf of things: "stupid shyt people USED to believe in".
Seeker wrote:
But the institutions themselves force children to learn evolution.
Correct. Because evolution is FACT. More than just a theory, it is FACT-- long since proven.

ALL MODERN MEDICINE is based off this FACT.
Seeker wrote:
Look, I know that evolution is science, and that creationism should probably be taught in a religion class.
Creationism should NEVER be taught in public schools, until people are older than 21, and THEN only under "aberrant mental afflictions" classes.
Seeker wrote:
But science education is free in public schools whereas religious education has to be paid for and can't be forced on to people, unless by the parents themselves.
Yet... religion is STILL forced into public venue at every turn, every chance you ugly religionists can get away with....
Seeker wrote:
So where is all of this forced indoctrination? If anything, I can see it equally coming from the other side, or maybe even more.
Of course you would see it that way. You still are foolishly thinking NO religion is somehow ... a religion of sorts.

It's not.

The **default** position, after you **stop** believing in religious bullshit?

The **default** is atheism.

It is not that you "choose atheism". It **is** that when you **stop** believing in the bullshit-- you then,**by**default**, become an atheist...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Psychologist and Psychiatrists can't keep up with the ever growing demand. And meaningless school shootings are happening more and more. More people going "Postal". More divorce. More sexual diseases. Higher crime rates.
You have any... FACTS to back your wild claims?

What is the PER-PERSON crime rate now, against 50, or 100 years ago?

What is the PER-PERSON divorce rate NOW as opposed to awhile back?

There are far more PEOPLE now, than there was then...

... FACTS, man.

You have to use FACTS.

Wild, unsupported statements that are just inflammatory do not support your claims.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

LBer wrote:
An atheist, by definition, has no strongly held convictions (not in the legal sense, but the moral).
Well, with one exception, their faith in there being no God. God is a matter of faith in either direction, as God can neither be proven or disproven empirically.
Bullshit.

Atheism is simply NO FAITH in gods. As in WITHOUT ANY FAITH.

When you REMOVE the lie (faith)? The fall-back position is atheism.

You don't CHOOSE to be atheist... you CHOOSE TO NOT BELIEVE THE LIE (faith in gods).

As for your last claim?

Describe to me, your god-- and I will PROVE THAT GOD FAKE, using your description.

Go:
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in one of the reddest of the red states.
Well then there you go. I don't. And in fact, in the North East, it is a very uncomfortable subject whenever anybody brings the subject of God up where I live. So what you experience where you live, I experience the opposite intimidation where I live. So should I be angry about that like you are?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

<quoted text>
You have any... FACTS to back your wild claims?
What is the PER-PERSON crime rate now, against 50, or 100 years ago?
Well that can vary because economics and poverty are a factor as well. but it depends upon what type of crime you are talking about.
<quoted text>
What is the PER-PERSON divorce rate NOW as opposed to awhile back?
http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441...

As far as Psychology goes, it's hard to find because nobody seems to want to post those statistics, but I have a College friend of mine who is one, and he quietly tells me about the increase and how he has a minimum 6 week waiting list. I can find it if I really look hard, but it looks like there aren't enough Psychologists today to meet the demand.

And as far as Postal incidents and school shootings, this is why the gun debate rages so hot right now whereas it did not before.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
1) I'm not your teacher, nor am I responsible for your educational inadequacies.
2) All modern science is based off of evolutionary facts-- you would be DEAD by now, if evolution were not true, as you'd have died from some sickness or other, by now.
3) here-- educate yourself, Mr Lazy-Mind:
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
1) It's okay to admit ,you don't know something ...
2)..WHO'S DOING , THE THREATS ...NOW..??
3) Much Obliged

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All of those? Existed all along, in different forms or other.
Nothing new, here-- only the descriptive-names (and perhaps the chemicals involved) have changed.
You ignored my earlier points. Why?
Oh! You didn't have a rebuttal, did you?
As for children? Prior to the late 19th and early 20th centuries?
Children were either unpaid slave-workers or worse. But the majority did not live past age 12, so...
..Hey, we were talking specifically of Medieval Europe ..I thought ..

..Not conditions in the developing world or the nineteenth century ..

I ignored your 'earlier' points ...GOOD HEAVENS ..diarrhea mouth ...Do you realize how much you type ..I can't keep track of your 'points' ; w/out getting one of those unpaid interns ,(you so clearly dismiss).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then there you go. I don't. And in fact, in the North East, it is a very uncomfortable subject whenever anybody brings the subject of God up where I live. So what you experience where you live, I experience the opposite intimidation where I live. So should I be angry about that like you are?
You think I'm angry? Hmmmm.... you really need to quit projecting your own anger onto others...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that can vary because economics and poverty are a factor as well. but it depends upon what type of crime you are talking about.
Why? Crime is crime--right?

Or is there some weird imaginary-space where crime IS NOT crime?

In any case? Pick one. Let's take murder.

Do you think murder per person is **higher** now, than 20, 50 or 100 years ago?

Or is it **lower**?

Answer: it's lower. Significantly lower, as compared to 100 years back.

In fact, crime per-person is lower. It's just that, due to there being a whole lot more people, there are quite a few more people who are criminals.

But, crime per **person** is actually lower.

More to the point, criminals get caught, today, a **lot** more than they did in the past-- modern computers and such, have a lot to do with that.

It is important to compare apples to apples, when talking about such things as this.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Teresa was a monster. No two ways about that.
And?
She spent the majority of her time smoozing and kissing-azz to the various politicians around the world, to get even MORE illicit monies pouring into her embezzlement schemes.
She always flew via the most luxurious ways, too...
... nothing was too good for that egomaniac.
..Look , Mother Teresa isn't here to defend herself ...but, any honest look at her life and it is plain to see ,that she did not live a a life of luxury and excess ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
I see that as a **good** thing.

Back in the 60's, people simply remained miserable, instead of a healthy moving-on of divorce.

When two people grow apart, it is **criminal** to force them to remain locked together.

It's high time we dropped the idiotic idea of "marriage is permanent" anyhow.

It **ought** to be incredibly difficult to marry, but dirt-simple to divorce.

THAT would drop your divorce rate to near-nothing... if people had to jump incredible hurdles to **get** married in the first place.

Most would simply opt to live together, until they decided not to.

Better all around...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
As far as Psychology goes, it's hard to find because nobody seems to want to post those statistics, but I have a College friend of mine who is one, and he quietly tells me about the increase and how he has a minimum 6 week waiting list. I can find it if I really look hard, but it looks like there aren't enough Psychologists today to meet the demand.
Means nothing. Absolutely **nothing**-- NOT how YOU mean.

Is there a trend for fewer people entering the profession, or has it remained the same?

But regardless of that...

Is the stigma of "going to the shrink" changing, such that people who formerly would just suffer, are now feeling freedom to go get professional help?

Is it that more and more folk are getting medical insurance that **finally** includes mental health as well?

There are a **lot** of factors in play, here.

But **none** equate to "people are more crazy" as **you** tried to imply.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your point? No? Hmmmm...
<quoted text>
Not in your buybull, silly boyo-- can you point to this ... "golden rule" in your BuyBull? No?
Interesting.... yet you vainly (and falsely) attempt to attribute it to your Jewsus....
... why?
<quoted text>
That one? You Genuine Christians™ NEVER-EVER-EVER follow.
Ever.
If you DID?
YOU WOULD NEVER, EVER, ACCUSE SOMEONE OF NOT BEING SAVED.
You would simply assume that they WERE ALREADY. End of story.
But you DO NOT DO THAT, DO YOU?
Nope.
YOU JUDGE.
Hypocrites.
<quoted text>
Sure, sure-- life is a terminal disease, nobody gets out alive, and all that.
You have a point? No?
We all die-- and **kaput** that's it. End of story.
You have something-- ANYTHING-- that proves otherwise?
Because **I** have thousands of documents showing that when the BRAIN dies-- so does the PERSONALITY....
..boy , you sure do go on and on ; when it come to the Bible ..

A myth does not enrage rational people ..So, what's really going on ..??

It is time to admit you are angry and you blame God ..?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You think I'm angry? Hmmmm.... you really need to quit projecting your own anger onto others...
..Denial..?...the river in N. Africa ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Seeker wrote:
And as far as Postal incidents and school shootings, this is why the gun debate rages so hot right now whereas it did not before.
The US is a very violent culture.

Always has been.

But, lest you forget, there were periods in it's past, where gun related deaths were many-many times higher than they are today.

Not all that distant, either... the 1890's, the 1910-1920's and so on.

Know your history, or be seen as kind of a fool.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>
1) It's okay to admit ,you don't know something ...
Good of you to admit your ignorance-- but I **do** understand why evolution is a fact **and** a theory.
number four wrote:
2)..WHO'S DOING , THE THREATS ...NOW..??
Not me. It was an observation. Without modern understanding of **evolution** modern **medicine** simply would not exist.

Without that? Our crowded living conditions, would create massive, and repeated plagues. The odds of **you** being dead by **now** would be much higher than not-dead.

Except for evolutionary-based modern **scientific** medical practice.
number four wrote:
3) Much Obliged
Google is your friend.
LBer

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes Seeker, Bob is definitely angry. He is also a simpleton, yet he also has passion (quite a bit, thus the anger in his case).

To debate with him one must speak simply...yet like most who are passionate about their faith, nothing you say can dissuade him from his views. He can not see his circular reasoning, nor his fanaticism.

But far all that, I still enjoy his writings, again, for their passion alone.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

LBer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Seeker, Bob is definitely angry. He is also a simpleton, yet he also has passion (quite a bit, thus the anger in his case).
To debate with him one must speak simply...yet like most who are passionate about their faith, nothing you say can dissuade him from his views. He can not see his circular reasoning, nor his fanaticism.
But far all that, I still enjoy his writings, again, for their passion alone.
At least he has the appearance of trying.

So many god-botherers don't even do that much; they repeat the same old stuff I heard as a child and have since dismissed.

One would think, that they could come up with something ... new.

Something novel... after all, they've been at this game for 2000 years or so.

:)
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

(Reuters)- Delving into the controversial relationship between government and religion, the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday agreed to consider whether a town in New York could allow members of the public, who in practice were nearly all Christian clergy, to open meetings with a prayer.

Two residents sued Greece, New York, in 2008, saying it was endorsing Christianity, a violation of the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment guarantee of separation of church and state.

Susan Galloway and Linda Stephens said the vast majority of prayer-givers since the practice started in 1999 were Christian ministers. Attendees would often be asked to join in or bow their heads, they alleged.

The Supreme Court ruled in a 1983 case, Marsh v. Chambers, that legislative sessions could begin with a prayer in most circumstances, citing the "unique history" of the practice throughout U.S. history.

The new case gives the nine justices the opportunity to outline "neutral principles" that would allow government entities to hold prayers without violating the Constitution, said Marci Hamilton, a First Amendment expert at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York.

"The hard part for the court is drawing the boundary lines," she added, predicting a close vote among the justices. "I have no doubt it will be a 5-4 decision."

Despite the 1983 precedent, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York ruled against the town. A district court had previously supported the town's position by dismissing the lawsuit filed by Galloway and Stephens.

1989 PRECEDENT

The appeals court, in an opinion by Judge Guido Calabresi, cited another Supreme Court case from 1989, which he said, "suggested that legislative prayers invoking particular sectarian beliefs" could violate the Constitution.

Although the town did in theory allow anyone to volunteer, it "neither publicly solicited volunteers to invocation nor informed members of the general public that volunteers would be considered or accepted," Calabresi said.

He stressed that the court was not saying that government bodies can never open a session with prayer.

A total of 18 states and 49 members of the U.S. House of Representatives joined briefs asking the court to take the case.

The Alliance for Defending Freedom, a group that describes itself as an advocate for the rights of people to express their faith, is spearheading the town's legal fight.

The group's lawyers point out that the town has never regulated the content of prayers and did not discriminate in selecting prayer-givers.

"A few people should not be able to extinguish the traditions of our nation merely because they heard something they didn't like," Brett Harvey, one of the town's lawyers, said in a statement.

Galloway and Stephens have the support of another advocacy group, Americans United For Separation of Church and State.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/20/us-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,534
What does "Atheism" mean? 3 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••