Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
8,721 - 8,740 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comprehension level is very low. Explaining things to you is a waste of time. But since you are on the Atheists pat each other on their backs site, I can't blame you for acting smart.
I am not the one with a comprehension problem and I am not acting.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove evolution Skeptic.
Start reading:-

http://isohunt.com/torrents/...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it is you who thinks that I am so cool, but who can blame you? It's because you've only seen my good side.
Hmmmm..???...Unlikely , I'm probably "just" desperate ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

<quoted text>Psychical Evidence And Reasoned Logic = PEARL
:D
My way of saying welcome ^.
..Hey..!!...How come I didn't get one of "these" ..??

..SEE...!!..NOW, YOU MADE ME HATE "pearl" ...!!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
but killing is approved by your god
..yes..yes..It was ...

but , it was never killing in anger ..(I'm sure that's little solace to the victims .)

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>I am not the one with a comprehension problem and I am not acting.
Awe....it's ok. Don't worry, I won't tell any of your atheist friends. Listen, they also think they're smart so don't feel bad. Just keep patting each others backs..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Start reading:-

You're skeptic?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Start reading:-

Is this a credible source? I mean this proves evolution?
henry

Gotha, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
well bob, you are very good at framing your argument, something i envy to a degree lol. ok, so your point can be shrunk to the following claims:
1: the bible is an evil book because of the way it has been used.
well, i see this as a stretch for the same reason i described the rock. we simply cannot measure good or bad usage of the bible and then compare that to its validity as an inspired book. the truth claims must be analized from an internal perspective, not just on its usage. its like blaming darwinism for eugenics. its just not a good policy to play the blame equals validity game so to speak
2: God wouldnt allow the usage of his book in such an evil way.
well, i think we just arent in a position to directly assume that God wouldnt create the bible. lets look at it from a christian perspective for a moment. the greatest good someone in this world could recieve given biblical world view is salvation. so if Gods ultimate purpose is salvation for the many, then God is justified in allowing the bible to be written given that he knows its purpose. its like my favorite knife maker ken onion. ken onion knows why he makes his knives, but he also knows that people could use it wrongly or for evil. but ken also knows that his creating his knives can lead to far greater good when in the hands of the right people. so ken is justified in making his knives because he isnt morally responsible for its misuse, only its original purpose.
3:the logical problem of evil, bible style
in part, i dont blame you for this view. the church does have its history. but lets see if there is a legit contradicton between God creating the bible and his goodness. to assert this requires another premise: that the bible is evil and that it cannot be seen in another light. but this isnt apparent on its face. i think we can go further and say that we lack the foundation for judging the bible without establishing moral framework.
All religions are stealing men time life. Religions are of no use for mankind and evil for mankind!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

henry wrote:
<quoted text>All religions are stealing men time life. Religions are of no use for mankind and evil for mankind!
Really? Prove evolution?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are stealing men time life. Religions are of no use for mankind and evil for mankind!
Nein ..Nein..Nein ...You know what happens when Atheists take political power ...!!..It's called Berlin Wall ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Chinatown? The Chinatown courthouse maybe? Public property, is either fair game for every single religion, or it is off limits to all of them.
..Legally "you" are correct ....and , morally too....but, I don't have to like it ...!!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Except when the kid is back-talking-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the woman is unfaithful-- then kill her azz. God.
Except when the nation is not a club-member-- then kill the whole country. God.
Except when the slave isn't working-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man steals-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man works on a Saturday-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man wears cotton and wool-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man plants beans with barley-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man eats a cheeseburger-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man eats a a bacon cheeseburger-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man fails to pay 10% of his gross income-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man fails to show hospitality-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man worships an idol (like football)-- then kill his azz. God.
Except when the man travels on Saturday-- then kill his azz. God.
... shall I go on?
..No...I think ,you made your point ...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>But the buybull includes instructions for causing the deliberate end of pregnancy, and it tells the cautionary tale of children who would dare to mock the bald, and it teaches that female chldren be raped, and their infant brothers be slain, and it teaches that there is great joy in ripping from thier mothers bodies, the as yet unborn children.
Children might be precious to human beings, but these things and so many more says, it doesn't come from the buybull god who would make a parent eat their children.
...Look..!!..."your" posts ,take me out of my comfort zone ...!

all the ancient religions were like this ..but, the God of the Israelites did promise to bless them ; did ask for personal relationships ..

I don't believe other gods were such magnanimous ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
well see, im going to have to get more philosophical now, so follow me on this one for a moment. before the bible, it seems apparent that God still set standards in the hearts of men and women on how they should live, as the bible discribes.
This is not even demonstratively true, let alone archeologically factual. Fail right out the gate.

Thus the rest of your argument falls too.
Ray wrote:
now if this is true, it doesnt seem problematic that other people may get it right here or there even before the legit establishment of the bible.
But it's *not* true-- so your follow-on argument fails as well.
Ray wrote:
so, lets take abraham for a second. from a biblical worldview, he was required by God to live to a standard.
A rather double-standard: one behavior for him, a different one for his wife, and yet a different one for his concubine.

All-in-all, a pretty ugly, misogynistic set of Bronze Age primitivism.
Ray wrote:
but that standard may have had certain similarities wth other faiths.
False again. Abraham was pretty much a bronze-age bigot. Anyone NOT in his exclusive club? Got the boot-- he kicked HIS OWN SON and the concubine mother TO THE CURB, simply because they weren't Jewish enough...

... then, old Abraham thinks god wants child sacrifice--which he apparently does, but the angels don't... but that's another story.
Ray wrote:
like with murder being wrong,
Where? There are MORE verses/commands in the bible telling people TO MURDER and HOW, than there are prohibitions of it.

So the REAL message is: murder is not only okay? It is MANDATORY for the most TRIVIAL of things, too.

No where does it say it's actually... wrong.(it says not to do it-- and then takes that back and commands murder for any little old thing-- but NO WHERE does it say it's wrong...!)
Ray wrote:
if its a "universal truth", wed expect that ofther faiths or cultures would get it right somewhere along the line, regardless of biblical or even divine exposure.
WTF? How on earth do you get to HERE? What have YOU been smoking?
Ray wrote:
i think this statement may be a bit off for one reason: it doesnt account for deeper theological differences that make this faith foundationally different from others. else it would be just the faith that it copied.
It IS faith that was copied-- there is NOTHING original in the ugly bible-- NOTHING.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Ray wrote:
i know the verses of which you speak of, which is why i added the even if to my statement. but the truth is you mistaken on what that verse says, which is why im not fond of trying to discuss biblical outlayings. the verse when translated from the hebrew actually speaks of if a woman is struck and gives birth, and no harm follows, meaning the child is alive, then the culprit will only have to pay the cost of the cjhild. but if harm follows i.e. the baby died, then the person will die.
Sorry?

Lying about what is plain does NOT HELP your credibility!

The ONLY death that requires death is if the MOTHER dies!

NEVER THE CHILD-- only payment of goods, if the unborn dies.

Read it AGAIN.

You got it WRONG. Classic lie, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Ray wrote:
the bible posts a death sentence for the death of the child, when it says that if further harm occurs the person is to die
No, it does not. Read it AGAIN.

Lying about what is obvious does NOT help your credibility!

I can read it too, you know!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Ray wrote:
lol i like the way you put it lol. well, the truth is the church makes moral claims that foundationally our culture doesnt blend with. so its not just about abortion, but parental responsability, cultural views on parenthood, views on children, etc. so ill get to this in a second.
But.

The US Constitution SPECIFICALLY FORBIDS using RELIGIOUS tests for laws, morality and so forth.

In short? Legislation of moral behavior (penalties for murder, etc)*must* be STRICTLY SECULAR.

If you cannot convince from a STRICTLY SECULAR worldview?

Then it is SPECIFICALLY not allowed, because of the Constitution.

Now, this is not to say there cannot be overlap between secular and religious views-- there are.

For example: secularists say that rape is wrong.

Most theologists agree.

But not your bible: it commands the rape victim to be punished for life, by marrying the rapist....!

Fortunately? Most **modern** theists ignore the bible, and go with the ***SECULAR*** view here.

There are other examples, where modernism has REFUTED the bible's commands, in favor of MODERN SECULAR ideas.

To the benefit of everyone but the preachers/priests (who stand to lose $$ in the process.... too bad)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Ray wrote:
1: the bible is an evil book because of the way it has been used.
False.

The bible is an evil book BECAUSE OF WHAT IT SAYS.

Let's be clear here-- no god who was both GOOD and CARING would suffer such as the bible to even EXIST, let alone be representative of said god.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Ray wrote:
2: God wouldnt allow the usage of his book in such an evil way.
False.

Two points are wrong with this one.

1) you ASSUME the bible is actual from a god-- clearly, due to the evil it contains, and the evil words it says, and the evil commands it tells people to do?

It cannot POSSIBLY be from a GOOD god who CARES.

2) you assume there was some actual good usage from it-- as yet, an unproven claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 4 min Richardfs 218
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 224,165
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr NightSerf 21,394
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 14 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 17 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 17 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
•••
•••