Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12668 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8921 May 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Praying and reciting scripture, are not really marketable skills, even when your best employment opportunities are Mickey D's and Wally World.
ehh..that's debatable theologians and biblical scholars can make a living ..usually teaching ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8922 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah , I'm not one who believes corporations are soulless ...these men and women also have families ...
Corporations **are** soulless-- and your bible agrees.

Did not your bible command you to *never* put your trust in things made by man?

Corporations are the ultimate in man-made...

... sure, sure-- there may be greedy, super-wealthy people at the top-of-the-top, paying no taxes of any merit...

... so what? Did they **earn** that position? Most did not... they inherited their wealth & power, such that they knew who to talk to to get those "jobs"...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8923 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...a Libertarian ; giving the government the power to look into our bank accounts ......The End is Nigh..!!
Not JUST the government--which already HAS that power.

But put it all open-- so that NOBODY'S wealth is secretly stashed off-shore in illegal accounts...

THEN?

We can vote for people based on real evaluation of who they are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8924 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I think you just want to be a jerk ...I see Torii gates in China town , and totems in Seattle ...nothing wrong with the ten commandments ,if the towns folk think it will benefit their society ..
Nothing wrong with the 10 commandments???

SERIOUSLY?

Get real: is there a prohibition to RAPE in there? No?

How about a command to NEVER own slaves...? No?

Okay, a commandment that children are precious, and should never be abused? Still no?

Hmmmm.... your "commandments" are rather lacking...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8925 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>ehh..that's debatable theologians and biblical scholars can make a living ..usually teaching ..
Of course! There are plenty of gullible fools who pay for having their shyt (wishful mythology) explained using big words...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8926 May 26, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
we sure don't come from dirt
<quoted text>
primordial ooze is NOT dirt..
..So , "xianity is EVIL" ...are you saved ...???

ha-ha..nah , I'm just joshin'..How about the word "clay" is that more acceptable ..the Sacred Authors ,really didn't have advance biology back then ..you dig ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8927 May 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! There are plenty of gullible fools who pay for having their shyt (wishful mythology) explained using big words...
..And , there is also those "not" so gullible and wish to plumb the depths of scripture and religious thought ......to get to the bottom of thing , that asserts itself to be truth ....amen..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8928 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Not JUST the government--which already HAS that power.
But put it all open-- so that NOBODY'S wealth is secretly stashed off-shore in illegal accounts...
THEN?
We can vote for people based on real evaluation of who they are.
..or..we could see ,who's child is worth kidnapping ....yes..??...(doesn't even have to be their child ..some folks love their pets ..eh..?)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8929 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Who knows? But that ain't dirt you ignorant fool.
Likely it was in ocean-- slightly salty water saturated with protanecous pre-cursors to DNA.
Science has already demonstrated time and again that if you put the base chemicals-- chemicals found in comets-- if you put the base chemicals into slightly salty water, you get DNA out the other end.
..W.T.F..!!..."salty water saturated with protanecous pre-cursors !!"......ARE YOU TALKING DIRTY TO ME ...!!...You Sicko ..!!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8930 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Corporations **are** soulless-- and your bible agrees.
Did not your bible command you to *never* put your trust in things made by man?
Corporations are the ultimate in man-made...
... sure, sure-- there may be greedy, super-wealthy people at the top-of-the-top, paying no taxes of any merit...
... so what? Did they **earn** that position? Most did not... they inherited their wealth & power, such that they knew who to talk to to get those "jobs"...
..Look corporations (pharmaceuticals) included ; have a lot of money ...Obviously they are doing "something" right ..because, people are buying their goods ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8931 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope-- you've never been to an actual Jewish service, have you?
Obviously you have never been...
Here-- let me repost what you DID NOT READ THE FIRST TIME (or ever, apparently)
Here: Matthew 6, 1-7, words of your own Jesus. Pay close attention to verses 5 and 6.
YOUR JESUS COMMANDS YOU TO PRAY IN SECRET--NEVER IN PUBLIC.
2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
...Jesus is merely saying if you're only doing great things for the praise of men ...(you have already received your reward ).i.e. the praise of men ..

but, if you donate and sacrifice ...privately ; then God Himself will bless you ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8932 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with the 10 commandments???
SERIOUSLY?
Get real: is there a prohibition to RAPE in there? No?
How about a command to NEVER own slaves...? No?
Okay, a commandment that children are precious, and should never be abused? Still no?
Hmmmm.... your "commandments" are rather lacking...
..Children are "precious" ..so , abortion is wrong...??

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8933 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..So , "xianity is EVIL" ...are you saved ...???
ha-ha..nah , I'm just joshin'..How about the word "clay" is that more acceptable ..the Sacred Authors ,really didn't have advance biology back then ..you dig ..?
Not only were your "sacred authors" utterly and completely clueless?

They also thought that plants... could exist without sunlight. Go read Genesis: the sun came AFTER the plants...

... they were more uneducated than your average toddler.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8934 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..And , there is also those "not" so gullible and wish to plumb the depths of scripture and religious thought ......to get to the bottom of thing , that asserts itself to be truth ....amen..
Nope.

Anyone who thinks the bible is "inspired from god"? Is *literally* insane to a greater or lessor degree.

Some are victims of their upbringing, and cannot see reality as a result.

Others know the truth about it, but continue to pretend otherwise; these are the real addicts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8935 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..or..we could see ,who's child is worth kidnapping ....yes..??...(doesn't even have to be their child ..some folks love their pets ..eh..?)
WTF?

You have a sick mind, if that's the first thing you thought of...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8936 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..W.T.F..!!..."sa lty water saturated with protanecous pre-cursors !!"......ARE YOU TALKING DIRTY TO ME ...!!...You Sicko ..!!
Sorry, I forgot to keep the words below a 2nd grade reading level...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8937 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look corporations (pharmaceuticals) included ; have a lot of money ...Obviously they are doing "something" right ..because, people are buying their goods ...
Well... if buying a medical drug means the difference between getting sick(er) or getting better?

Duuuh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8938 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Jesus is merely saying if you're only doing great things for the praise of men ...(you have already received your reward ).i.e. the praise of men ..
but, if you donate and sacrifice ...privately ; then God Himself will bless you ..
Read it again; you missed the whole point-- praying in public?

Is *BRAGGING* according to those verses.

And it appears that Jesus was against bragging...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8939 May 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Children are "precious" ..so , abortion is wrong...??
Is abortion wrong?

Show me the bible verse that says it is.

If you cannot? Being against it is ... hypocritical of you.

But children *are* precious.

Blobs of unsentient tissue? Not so much...
Ray

Trenton, NJ

#8940 May 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope.
Anyone who thinks the bible is "inspired from god"? Is *literally* insane to a greater or lessor degree.
Some are victims of their upbringing, and cannot see reality as a result.
Others know the truth about it, but continue to pretend otherwise; these are the real addicts.
bob, first let me appologize for jumping in on your discussion. i find your comment interesting, and i happened to come across this discussion rather late. i find it intriguing that you claim that those who believe scripture is inspired to be insane to some degree. the generalization seems odd to me because there are plenty of seemingly rational people who do hold to the inspiration of scripture for various reasons. now i can agree with you that some christians hold to the inspiration of scripture for less than logical reasons, but that is not to say that all believe for invalid reasons, nor does it hold that we all belive in the same definition of inspiration. i think your point is semi valid in that its acurate in part, but it leave much do be desired by way of completeness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 min John 577
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 3 min Eagle 12 396
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min superwilly 258,466
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Science 69,768
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 55 min Subduction Zone 30,046
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr yehoshooah adam 3,768
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) Sun online reality bu... 9,236
More from around the web