Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
8,581 - 8,600 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, lets' see: Archeology shows that crossed lines pre-dates your ugly religion by tens of thousands of years...
... yet? You new-comers have the balls to claim "ownership" of a symbol that predates you by millions of generations????
Hint: look up the word "hubris".
..All you have done is proved my observation ...

You submit that the Nordic Cross represents crossed lines ...even a 5 yr old could tell you why the Scandinavians chose that symbol ..

and you hem and haw ...and , then claim atheists are the true bearers of truth and honesty ...what a joke ..!!

yes, I realize the cross predated Christianity ..the Romans used them to torture rebels

here's how an "adult" answers questions ...Q) Is the all seeing eye on the dollar bill a Masonic image ..??
Ans...yes it is ; but it doesn't "mean" anything , Benjamin Franklin just thought it looked cool ..

see , nothing about pyramids or eyes ..predating American legal tender ...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..All you have done is proved my observation ...
You submit that the Nordic Cross represents crossed lines ...even a 5 yr old could tell you why the Scandinavians chose that symbol ..
and you hem and haw ...and , then claim atheists are the true bearers of truth and honesty ...what a joke ..!!
yes, I realize the cross predated Christianity ..the Romans used them to torture rebels
here's how an "adult" answers questions ...Q) Is the all seeing eye on the dollar bill a Masonic image ..??
Ans...yes it is ; but it doesn't "mean" anything , Benjamin Franklin just thought it looked cool ..
see , nothing about pyramids or eyes ..predating American legal tender ...
Are you seriously this clueless? Or did you have most of your brains removed at one point?

I'm betting on the latter-- did they call it "baptism" or "holy cannibalism/communion"?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah...Why did they pick the cross ...or plus sign ...???..what were they representing ...???
( If you don't know , just say .."you don't know"..)
The five squared cross used by The Red Cross is a sign of neutrality. How many times do you need to hear this? Why do you claim that The Red Cross is a Christian based charity?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So. This explains why you hide in the dark?
And why your god steadfastly refuses to show himself in the ...
.... light?
Hmmmmm....
..Shirley , you jest ..!..It is "you" who is demanding an end to prayer in public places , removal of crosses and ten commandment stones from federal lands ...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The five squared cross used by The Red Cross is a sign of neutrality. How many times do you need to hear this? Why do you claim that The Red Cross is a Christian based charity?
..yes, the Red Crescent , Crystal , Cross are meant to convey mercy and absolute neutrality ....

..It was adopted in honor of the Swiss Flag ..(which I'm told ,represent two crossed lines ...)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Shirley , you jest ..!..It is "you" who is demanding an end to prayer in public places , removal of crosses and ten commandment stones from federal lands ...
The symbols that liars have used throughout time to promote their childish god cults will eventually come under scrutiny.

You can't lie for centuries and not be found out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You like to call me "liar" ...I have quickly discovered ,trying to get an honest answer from a "free thinker" is harder than herding cats ....
So, I ask what does that "plus sign" represent on the the Swiss Flag and the Swedish Flag ...(Oh , yeah "Mikko" I went there..)..????
It's actually on the web...(but, I think you will ignore this post ..or..worse , lie and claim it meant nothing ...nothing at all ...)
..so , if atheism is "truth" ..WHY ..??..ARE YOU GUYS SUCH COWARDS ..???..I FEEL, AS THOUGH I'M DEALING W/ MUSLIMS ..!!!
Says the lying coward theist with no proof of god and nothing of worth to contribute to society.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Ozada wrote:
We would be more than blessed by having a few more christians go over there and build a few churches.
This would certainly show those uppity atheists who the braves one are.
Let us know how it turns out.
well, it would be OK with me if the far rightwing Christian types tried it, and if they were willing to be the boots on the ground in the wars, even in preference to drones.

I do feel a bit sorry for the silly naive somewhat ell-meaning religious types who want to be do-gooders and think they mean well, by including some good works along with religious propaganda. Too bad they do not know better.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

well-meaning, and good works are of course subject to differing definitions by different persons.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yes, the Red Crescent , Crystal , Cross are meant to convey mercy and absolute neutrality ....
..It was adopted in honor of the Swiss Flag ..(which I'm told ,represent two crossed lines ...)
I'll ask again, why do you claim The Red Cross is a Christian based charity?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You like to call me "liar" ...I have quickly discovered ,trying to get an honest answer from a "free thinker" is harder than herding cats ....
So, I ask what does that "plus sign" represent on the the Swiss Flag and the Swedish Flag ...(Oh , yeah "Mikko" I went there..)..????
It's actually on the web...(but, I think you will ignore this post ..or..worse , lie and claim it meant nothing ...nothing at all ...)
..so , if atheism is "truth" ..WHY ..??..ARE YOU GUYS SUCH COWARDS ..???..I FEEL, AS THOUGH I'M DEALING W/ MUSLIMS ..!!!
That was to Skeptic. He is a different type of atheist - he claims that he knows that he is right and calls you a liar.

Most of us just feel that you are very mistaken and very wrong in your views. But you might sincerely believe them, so I would not think the word "liar" is very polite - it is a personal insult that implies you know you are mistaken and make false claims knowlingly. I don't assume you know any better, so I do not call you a liar, even though I think you are in error.

I do not even call Skeptic a liar, when he claims to know things - I think he truly believes that he knows. I don't think he knows, but he doesn't know that he doesn't know, perhaps.

You will find a big difference between atheists who claim to know, and agnostic atheists who do not claim to know, but also do not believe - not only with regard to the God issue, but with other cosmic type issues. A few of us, like me, are not big believers that science "knows" for sure, either. We just are not bothered by not knowing about certain big questions that don't seem to have a true, knowable answer.

I want to clarify that, so you do not confuse the views of Skeptic at one extreme, with those of other types of atheists and agnostics and real skeptics, who have doubts and are comfortable with not knowing and not claiming to know.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Are you positing "that" the entire planet is Christian ...???.."pearl"...do live on one of those polygamist compounds ,and are forbidden from leaving ....You don't seem to know much , about the wider Earth ..most are not Christians ..
No you fool, I'm stating Christianity is at the root of all that is wrong with the world. You know these polygamist compounds are indeed Christian. It is a good example of one of the many things wrong with mono-theism in general. Most of the world population is not Christian, true, yet is Christianity that forces expansion. Your whole culture can only thrive through expansion and consumerism. And you claim it is your God given right, at the cost of any other culture or species. The hand of Christianity is everywhere. It creates famine, overpopulation, greed, and the thinking that one knows a Gods intention, and that has always been destructive.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Shirley , you jest ..!..It is "you" who is demanding an end to prayer in public places , removal of crosses and ten commandment stones from federal lands ...
That was to Bob. You do not get what the issue is. It is a matter of respecting the first amendment to the Constitution, and separating church and state. Individuals can pray in a public place, but public officials and public policy cannot sponsor it, and cannot allow it to disrupt the actual purpose and activity in that public place (students cannot disrupt classes by spreading religious propaganda, anymore than they cannot be allowed to play loud music and rap). There is to be no Establishment of religion, either by Congress - or by any government entity in any state or locality (Supreme Court rulings (usually)incorporate protections of freedom of religion and freedom from Establishment and apply it to all government (in most cases - though not when one Justice - Kennedy - wimps out and allows a stone with Ten Commandments promoting a movie on the Texas statehouse grounds) This is not a christian government. A majority of persons in the US may be Christians, but they do not get to force their religion on others by using government power.
You just want to be a bully.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>That was to Skeptic. He is a different type of atheist - he claims that he knows that he is right and calls you a liar.
Unproven rubbish - As an atheist I claim no knowledge.

If you want to show me the proof that "gods are possible" you are welcome to present it. But you can't and you know it and so your claim that I am the one who "know's he's right" is nonsense.

If you want to continue lying in this forum and showing yourself to be and ignorant loon with no morals who can't take the fact that his opinion is ill-formed garbage, then please do so.

After getting rid of Educated What, KJV and Buck Crick, nanoanomaly and Lil Ticked, you will be no problem.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I know there are fascist countries ...in the world ..i live in a secular nation ( the prime minister is half negro )
Okay, there is no hope for this one. Time to move forward.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'll ask again, why do you claim The Red Cross is a Christian based charity?
..IGNORANCE...that means , lack of knowledge ,education or awareness ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>That was to Skeptic. He is a different type of atheist - he claims that he knows that he is right and calls you a liar.
Most of us just feel that you are very mistaken and very wrong in your views. But you might sincerely believe them, so I would not think the word "liar" is very polite - it is a personal insult that implies you know you are mistaken and make false claims knowlingly. I don't assume you know any better, so I do not call you a liar, even though I think you are in error.
I do not even call Skeptic a liar, when he claims to know things - I think he truly believes that he knows. I don't think he knows, but he doesn't know that he doesn't know, perhaps.
You will find a big difference between atheists who claim to know, and agnostic atheists who do not claim to know, but also do not believe - not only with regard to the God issue, but with other cosmic type issues. A few of us, like me, are not big believers that science "knows" for sure, either. We just are not bothered by not knowing about certain big questions that don't seem to have a true, knowable answer.
I want to clarify that, so you do not confuse the views of Skeptic at one extreme, with those of other types of atheists and agnostics and real skeptics, who have doubts and are comfortable with not knowing and not claiming to know.
..I know "haven't forgotten" ...and , I shouldn't use blanket statements when addressing Atheists ...but, when I get angry ..I kinda want to push some buttons ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Unproven rubbish - As an atheist I claim no knowledge.
If you want to show me the proof that "gods are possible" you are welcome to present it. But you can't and you know it and so your claim that I am the one who "know's he's right" is nonsense.
If you want to continue lying in this forum and showing yourself to be and ignorant loon with no morals who can't take the fact that his opinion is ill-formed garbage, then please do so.
After getting rid of Educated What, KJV and Buck Crick, nanoanomaly and Lil Ticked, you will be no problem.
...whoa...??...What "DO" you mean "after getting rid of "..(Christian posters)....????

If "you" are killing them ....Let me know "now" ....!!!...and , I will leave this thread ...and , I promise ,I will never come back ..!!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No you fool, I'm stating Christianity is at the root of all that is wrong with the world. You know these polygamist compounds are indeed Christian. It is a good example of one of the many things wrong with mono-theism in general. Most of the world population is not Christian, true, yet is Christianity that forces expansion. Your whole culture can only thrive through expansion and consumerism. And you claim it is your God given right, at the cost of any other culture or species. The hand of Christianity is everywhere. It creates famine, overpopulation, greed, and the thinking that one knows a Gods intention, and that has always been destructive.
..Lesson One ..Grasshopper...) The "root" of all evil ..is the love of money ...

(Nations with a judeo-christian heritage ...are the best in the world ..)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> That was to Bob. You do not get what the issue is. It is a matter of respecting the first amendment to the Constitution, and separating church and state. Individuals can pray in a public place, but public officials and public policy cannot sponsor it, and cannot allow it to disrupt the actual purpose and activity in that public place (students cannot disrupt classes by spreading religious propaganda, anymore than they cannot be allowed to play loud music and rap). There is to be no Establishment of religion, either by Congress - or by any government entity in any state or locality (Supreme Court rulings (usually)incorporate protections of freedom of religion and freedom from Establishment and apply it to all government (in most cases - though not when one Justice - Kennedy - wimps out and allows a stone with Ten Commandments promoting a movie on the Texas statehouse grounds) This is not a christian government. A majority of persons in the US may be Christians, but they do not get to force their religion on others by using government power.
You just want to be a bully.
...I see "two" views ..(I'm assuming "you" can see only one view.)

Keep "religion" out of government ..??...or...Keep "God" out of government ...(For myself , these are totally different questions )....capishe'..??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Tuco Blondie 226,141
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 394
100% Faith Free 1 hr Patrick 6
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr Patrick 5
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 3 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 6 hr Patrick 24
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr ChristineM 898
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••