Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8735 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The Red Cross is a secular organization.
They don't spread the gospel ...but, the cross is a Christian symbol ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8736 May 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are.
This is why the world is becoming a better place to live.
Religious ugliness is slowly being eroded away.
...I have my doubts ...May I bend your ear ..??..A story from Finland (making huge strides in secularism )..

A young Turk , asking why so many of his co-religionists espouse anti-semitism ....the death threats abound ...

A Lesbian couple given the care of a Turkish infant ..Turkey complains ...the death threats abound ..

And, "your" secularists solution ..."Go into hiding"...yes, it appears you secularists are pusillanimous at your cores ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8737 May 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>When? On which occasion?
<quoted text>If only.
There are unelected clergy in the UK’s Upper House. The UK Parliament takes time to debate Gay marriage and the appointment of Archbishops instead of manifesto commitments like HofL reform. Schoolchildren are segregated according to their parents’ religious delusions – even after outbreaks of sectarian violence.‘One law for all’ is undermined by religious courts. Humanist weddings aren’t recognised in law as are religious ones (Eng & Wales). One law for the religious and another for non-believers. ID/Creationist centers cause whole classes of UK schoolchildren to leave school rejecting scientific evidence for evolution and Muslim medical students have walked out of lectures when evolution is mentioned. In the USA only about 54% or so of USAmericans say they would vote for an atheist politician. Would you like more examples? That’s without going into questions of divisive tribalism like Islamism and Zionism; or the difficulty of trying to undermine superstitions like witchcraft while maintaining other superstitions (e.g Christianity). I’m not failing to live and let live when I speak my mind and equate religion to superstition. It’s supposed to be a free society for non-believers too – and secular (i.e. for the whole of society and not just the religious). At 16 I wasn’t even allowed to stay at home and miss church without it ‘causing trouble’ and the scouts want a 'Promise' to a god(s) and a Monarch.
If I tolerate any of this it’s thrown in my face as if I’m complicit, whining, or not trying to correct such problems. If I speak-out I’m regarded as ‘attacking religion’. I’ll live and let live when I’m allowed to do so - when religion gets out of politics, morality, education, science and the law. I have no problem with all-inclusive Quakers or Unitarians who accept non-believers in religious faith.
Religion = superstition. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that it’s divisive and outdated.
..OR..???....You're just in rebellion with God ...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8738 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..OR..???....You're just in rebellion with God ...
Which god?

Las Vegas, NV

#8739 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with white guilt, it has to do with Christian expansion. You keep thinking conquer is the only way. Even in hindsight you can't fathom that what was done to the native population here was wrong. Why did they have to be conquered? Obviously because of Christian expansion. There were hundreds of nations already here, now they are for the most part gone, and you see it as a good thing. Every time a culture is stamped out valuable knowledge is lost. Christians come and say they know the right way to live, you must become Christian farmers, and proceed to assimilate or destroy the indigenous population. It happens everywhere they go, and for some reason that you think this is a good thing. Yes, it was foolish for any native population to believe any treaties the Christian proposed, apparently they weren't accustomed to having lies told to them. Blaming a native population for the invasion of Christian expansion is weak and juvenile at best.
..I don't blame the Indians for being bamboozled ...We did them wrong ..

I blame them for accepting "white" trinkets in exchange for the scalp of another human being ...

Indians weren't poor , the land sustained them ...yet, they willfully murdered one another for a pocket full of change ..that's my beef ...!

I'm an American ..this land only belongs to "us" for as long as we will defend it ...I'm under no illusions ...We will be conquered and fade from history ...hopefully "not" soon , but it will happen ...
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8740 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>They don't spread the gospel ...but, the cross is a Christian symbol ..
The cross from the Red Cross is more akin to the five squared cross depicted on the Swiss flag, with the colors reversed, you know since that is the country of the founder. It's a secular charity, but maybe, you'll be happy to know that some people in the Middle East think the same as you, so now in some of Islamic countries instead of a five squared cross they use a red crescent against a white flag. The five squared cross is the sign of neutrality, it has nothing to do with Christian.

Las Vegas, NV

#8741 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the most asinine posts I've ever read.
sexual promiscuity is risky ...you can flood the streets with condoms ..or..teach young women to honor and respect their bodies and themselves ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8742 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, like I said the entire planet. Western/Christian culture has always looked at the nature of the earth as something that must be conquered, and are quite proud of themselves every time there is a victory. It is usually front page news. You are at odds with all of nature. No other species does this. No other species breaks the rules of limited competition, the first law being "Take only what you need." Not even all of mankind does this, only mono-theist cultures break this law, and it is having a devastating affect on the world. Western/Christian culture is especially corrupt in that they break all laws regarding the community of life and limited competition.
...Do you know "who" really raped the land ..look no further than the atheistic Marxists ...READ A BOOK ....!!!..."pearl"...

Christians believe in stewardship ...We don't worship nature (as you appear to)...but, "Bob of Quantum-Faith" is correct ,Jesus is coming and will be held accountable for our lives and stewardship will fall under that auspice ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8743 May 18, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god?
..ohh..!...Not "you" again ...!!

Las Vegas, NV

#8744 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
False.
Tell that to the THOUSANDS of infants born with AIDS already in their bloodstreams...
Your "god" is SUCH a monstrous little sh7t; or it would be, if it were real...
... JUST for permitting AIDS to happen to babies.
THAT ALONE is sufficient to condemn your ugly god to "monster" category.
THAT.
ALONE.
...The infants don't have A.I.D.S "already in their bloodstreams" ..they contract A.I.D.S during child birth ..

..Malaria kill more children ..B.T.W.....(after Abortion) so don't give me your crocodile tears ....

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8745 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..ohh..!...Not "you" again ...!!
What's the matter, can't answer simple questions?

Las Vegas, NV

#8746 May 18, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, can't answer simple questions?
..There's no right answer to "that".....and, I'll just look foolish, if I try ...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8747 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..There's no right answer to "that".....and, I'll just look foolish, if I try ...
You look foolish anyway.

Las Vegas, NV

#8748 May 19, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You look foolish anyway.
...ah...It's just this "new" hair cut ....my hair will grow back ...

..as, to the original question ...truth is not the codex ..Truth is a Person ..He is the light the truth and the way ..(that's some heavy duty stuff ...right there )..

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8749 May 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...ah...It's just this "new" hair cut ....my hair will grow back ...
..as, to the original question ...truth is not the codex ..Truth is a Person ..He is the light the truth and the way ..(that's some heavy duty stuff ...right there )..
Who is?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8750 May 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>sexual promiscuity is risky ...you can flood the streets with condoms ..or..teach young women to honor and respect their bodies and themselves ...
It's not an OR you retard, you're supposed to do BOTH.

Look what you creationist f*cks did in africa.

Location hidden

#8751 May 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...The infants don't have A.I.D.S "already in their bloodstreams" ..they contract A.I.D.S during child birth ..
..Malaria kill more children ..B.T.W.....(after Abortion) so don't give me your crocodile tears ....
science cures malaria, checkmate & f*ck off creationist scum!

Location hidden

#8752 May 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...ah...It's just this "new" hair cut ....my hair will grow back ...
Nothing heavy about a mentally ill person describing their futile hallucinations, and then lying about them to strangers online.

Las Vegas, NV

#8753 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with my comment at all.
You, are demanding SPECIAL PRIVILEGE from the very Universe itself.
That is because of your over-inflated ego.
I have seen this sort of insanity in all True Believers™-- they seem to think that they are Magically Special to the Greater Universe.
Neither they, nor you, are special in any way.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.
..bzzt...incorrect ......Not only does God say I'm special ...my Mom been telling me so ,for years ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8755 May 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
science cures malaria, checkmate & f*ck off creationist scum!
..Nein,Nein,Nein...We can treat Malaria ; but no effective vaccine has yet been discovered ...

...So...This is awkward ...Can, I have my King ...back...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Regolith Based Li... 40,808
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min IB DaMann 16,343
A Universe from Nothing? 19 min thetruth 94
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 48 min Eagle 12 28
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 53 min Eagle 12 20,622
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 3,774
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 256,101
More from around the web