Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8717 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>A country wouldn't need aid if it wasn't for the Christian agenda.
yeah...Say that to the Red Cross ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8718 May 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see:
Terrorism? Religious. Check.
Wealth disparity? Enabled by deeply religious leaders, elected by even more gullible and religious voters. Religious? Check.
Climate change. Created by the callous attitude of corporations endlessly dumping excess greenhouse gasses in defiance of laws and regulations to the contrary, and enabled by deeply religious morons who think "Jesus is coming soon anyway, so who cares?". Religious? Check.
Education. Efforts to improve education are met with opposition by deeply religious fools who think their "holy" book is worthy to be taught along side actual, reality-based textbooks. Religious? Check.
Crime. Well... among the modern religions? The idea that there are no real consequences for ANY act, so long as you utter magical get-out-of-jail spells such as "Jesus! Forgive me!". The effect of THAT theology, is to create a class of folk who go out and commit crimes, thinking they can get away with it by casting the "jesus/forgive" spell-- only SECULAR LAW doesn't see it that way, and arrests them anyhow. Next, factor in the increasing disparity between the highest-paid "workers" (who also pay little or no taxes) with the lowest paid people who actually DO the work? All supported by the Religious Right in government? Religion again. Finally, factor in an economy which was severely damaged do to predatory and get-rich-quick schemes ENCOURAGED by the same Religious Right-who's man was President for too long?
So.... Religious? Check.
..You are deeply unhinged ...Nation of Islam blames all our travails on the crackers ...Neo-Nazis blame the Jews ...poor Americans blame the Chinese ....Time, you should put on your "big boy" pants ...and stop blaming "others" for your unhappiness .......yuh think ....???

Las Vegas, NV

#8719 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good example of your civilized culture. Hundreds of treaties broken with hundreds of native populations, and the only option you can come up with is slaughter them, or incarcerate them. All the while referring to the indigenous people as savages, what a joke. You know, kind of what Western/Christian culture is doing in Africa right now.
..Look, "pearl" ...I don't suffer from "white guilt" , I did not vote for President Obama ...

I used to be horrified by how whites treated blacks ...until I found out how blacks (Africans) treated other blacks ...!!

and, I feel "no" pity for the destruction of our Native Peoples ...they willfully took "white" money to massacre each other ...They weren't helpless or weak or unarmed ..If they worked together, they would have pushed us back into the sea ....the fault is theirs ..not ours ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8720 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..A.I.D.S ....Doesn't happen ...If you're not promiscuous ...."Keep your knees together ....problem solved ..."
False.

Tell that to the THOUSANDS of infants born with AIDS already in their bloodstreams...

Your "god" is SUCH a monstrous little sh7t; or it would be, if it were real...

... JUST for permitting AIDS to happen to babies.

THAT ALONE is sufficient to condemn your ugly god to "monster" category.

THAT.

ALONE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8721 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..touche'....Well, what can we do ...God is the Master ...we are the children .....quit feeling sorry for yourself ...
There's that ugly Master/Slave thing again.

When will you GET it, that Master/Slave is UGLY?

An idea who's time is long since past.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8722 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.yes...I believe that ...
....I also , feel "we" (theists) are losing the "culture war"....
You are.

This is why the world is becoming a better place to live.

Religious ugliness is slowly being eroded away.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8723 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...Say that to the Red Cross ...
Why?

So they can EXTORT and SQUANDER more money?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8724 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You are deeply unhinged ...Nation of Islam blames all our travails on the crackers ...Neo-Nazis blame the Jews ...poor Americans blame the Chinese ....Time, you should put on your "big boy" pants ...and stop blaming "others" for your unhappiness .......yuh think ....???
All of those?

Religion.

Strictly, and 100% pure-D unadulterated RELIGION.

Religion fosters Tribalism.

Religion also THRIVES on hate-- so it encourages hate in it's slaves.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8725 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look, "pearl" ...I don't suffer from "white guilt" , I did not vote for President Obama ...
Of course you didn't.

The don't allow underage people to vote, do they?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8726 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..obviously , you tend to exaggerate ..The "entire" planet ...So, You free thinkers are spineless putty in my hands ...is this, what you are intimating ..???
Yes, like I said the entire planet. Western/Christian culture has always looked at the nature of the earth as something that must be conquered, and are quite proud of themselves every time there is a victory. It is usually front page news. You are at odds with all of nature. No other species does this. No other species breaks the rules of limited competition, the first law being "Take only what you need." Not even all of mankind does this, only mono-theist cultures break this law, and it is having a devastating affect on the world. Western/Christian culture is especially corrupt in that they break all laws regarding the community of life and limited competition.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8727 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..A.I.D.S ....Doesn't happen ...If you're not promiscuous ...."Keep your knees together ....problem solved ..."
This is one of the most asinine posts I've ever read.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8728 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...Say that to the Red Cross ...
The Red Cross is a secular organization.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8729 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..touche'....Well, what can we do ...God is the Master ...we are the children .....quit feeling sorry for yourself ...
Christians use the excuse that mankind is flawed, for his inability to live in harmony even with himself, let alone the entire world. And now you want to blame a God, that's really a messed up perspective. Why doesn't any other species on this planet have flaws that make them incapable of existing with their competitors? A lion drinks from the same place that the antelope drink from. Since Christians claim mankind is the final greatest creation, why do mono-theists have such a hard time co-existing even with a creation you would consider less? It's because you are at odds with the entire planet.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8730 May 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look, "pearl" ...I don't suffer from "white guilt" , I did not vote for President Obama ...
I used to be horrified by how whites treated blacks ...until I found out how blacks (Africans) treated other blacks ...!!
and, I feel "no" pity for the destruction of our Native Peoples ...they willfully took "white" money to massacre each other ...They weren't helpless or weak or unarmed ..If they worked together, they would have pushed us back into the sea ....the fault is theirs ..not ours ..
It has nothing to do with white guilt, it has to do with Christian expansion. You keep thinking conquer is the only way. Even in hindsight you can't fathom that what was done to the native population here was wrong. Why did they have to be conquered? Obviously because of Christian expansion. There were hundreds of nations already here, now they are for the most part gone, and you see it as a good thing. Every time a culture is stamped out valuable knowledge is lost. Christians come and say they know the right way to live, you must become Christian farmers, and proceed to assimilate or destroy the indigenous population. It happens everywhere they go, and for some reason that you think this is a good thing. Yes, it was foolish for any native population to believe any treaties the Christian proposed, apparently they weren't accustomed to having lies told to them. Blaming a native population for the invasion of Christian expansion is weak and juvenile at best.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#8731 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
All of those?
Religion.
Strictly, and 100% pure-D unadulterated RELIGION.
Religion fosters Tribalism.
Religion also THRIVES on hate-- so it encourages hate in it's slaves.
Damn right my friend. This is one thing that religion can do. However, it can also foster mutual respect and love for fellow mankind. Religion is fine as long as you have the live and let live approach.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8732 May 18, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>...However, it can also foster mutual respect and love for fellow mankind.
When? On which occasion?
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is fine as long as you have the live and let live approach.
If only.

There are unelected clergy in the UK’s Upper House. The UK Parliament takes time to debate Gay marriage and the appointment of Archbishops instead of manifesto commitments like HofL reform. Schoolchildren are segregated according to their parents’ religious delusions – even after outbreaks of sectarian violence.‘One law for all’ is undermined by religious courts. Humanist weddings aren’t recognised in law as are religious ones (Eng & Wales). One law for the religious and another for non-believers. ID/Creationist centers cause whole classes of UK schoolchildren to leave school rejecting scientific evidence for evolution and Muslim medical students have walked out of lectures when evolution is mentioned. In the USA only about 54% or so of USAmericans say they would vote for an atheist politician. Would you like more examples? That’s without going into questions of divisive tribalism like Islamism and Zionism; or the difficulty of trying to undermine superstitions like witchcraft while maintaining other superstitions (e.g Christianity). I’m not failing to live and let live when I speak my mind and equate religion to superstition. It’s supposed to be a free society for non-believers too – and secular (i.e. for the whole of society and not just the religious). At 16 I wasn’t even allowed to stay at home and miss church without it ‘causing trouble’ and the scouts want a 'Promise' to a god(s) and a Monarch.

If I tolerate any of this it’s thrown in my face as if I’m complicit, whining, or not trying to correct such problems. If I speak-out I’m regarded as ‘attacking religion’. I’ll live and let live when I’m allowed to do so - when religion gets out of politics, morality, education, science and the law. I have no problem with all-inclusive Quakers or Unitarians who accept non-believers in religious faith.

Religion = superstition. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that it’s divisive and outdated.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8733 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, like I said the entire planet. Western/Christian culture has always looked at the nature of the earth as something that must be conquered, and are quite proud of themselves every time there is a victory. It is usually front page news. You are at odds with all of nature. No other species does this. No other species breaks the rules of limited competition, the first law being "Take only what you need." Not even all of mankind does this, only mono-theist cultures break this law, and it is having a devastating affect on the world. Western/Christian culture is especially corrupt in that they break all laws regarding the community of life and limited competition.
Of course!

Their attitude is: Jewsus is A'Comin' Soon! So why be a steward of the land?

I have *literally* heard this exact sentence from a Genuine Christian™....

(... one that I am related to, I'm sorry to admit... but not directly...)

Las Vegas, NV

#8734 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
There's that ugly Master/Slave thing again.
When will you GET it, that Master/Slave is UGLY?
An idea who's time is long since past.
..If "you" were truly the master of your own life ...you would not need sleep , you would not age and you would not die ....

Las Vegas, NV

#8735 May 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The Red Cross is a secular organization.
They don't spread the gospel ...but, the cross is a Christian symbol ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8736 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You are.
This is why the world is becoming a better place to live.
Religious ugliness is slowly being eroded away.
...I have my doubts ...May I bend your ear ..??..A story from Finland (making huge strides in secularism )..

A young Turk , asking why so many of his co-religionists espouse anti-semitism ....the death threats abound ...

A Lesbian couple given the care of a Turkish infant ..Turkey complains ...the death threats abound ..

And, "your" secularists solution ..."Go into hiding"...yes, it appears you secularists are pusillanimous at your cores ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min hpcaban 45,419
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 51 min Into The Night 20,220
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 hr Chick240 9,500
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 8 hr Reason Personified 29
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 11 hr ATHEOI 189
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 17 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 18 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web