Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12671 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8690 May 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..No...!!...Addiction , is a disease ....Mother Nature , is the Bitch ...
So you now add yet ANOTHER god to your list of gods?

When will it end?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8691 May 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well "our" conscience ....and, to be sure I believe God and our guardian Angels move and guide to safety or away from sin ...
So.

No free will, then.

Gotcha.

Your bible certainly agrees with you, by the way.

Go read the verse, "no man comes to the father, but the spirit draws him".

This clearly means that only a SELECT FEW get to be "saved", and the rest get bupkiss.

No free will at all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8692 May 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."We" are to act as Gods hands and voice .....If you obey Jesus's command to love one another ...
So.

You are now claiming that Jesus commanded everyone to be... gay?

Or was that bisexual?

I'm confused.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8693 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Pain and struggle , entered the world ; when man sinned ..we have become a fallen creature ..
I think slavery in the beginning , was the most benign thing, opposing clans could do with each others captives ...(besides, just setting them free)...
When Americans conquered the Natives ...do think it was inhumane to lock them away on reservations ....??...Should we have rather wiped them off of ,the face of the world ..???
Oh man.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8694 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>WHOA ....!!!...I thought "Bob of Q-F" was our resident drama queen ...
bickering is what we do , "you" need to ,get you some National Geographic ...and , see what a troop of monkeys do when they come across a different troop ...
believe what you may , but very little conflict or societal disruption ,can be attributed to religious sentiment ...
Totally. Religion has never caused any issues.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8695 May 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you now add yet ANOTHER god to your list of gods?
When will it end?
...That's a good one ..!...."you" won't let me, get away with shit ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8696 May 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally. Religion has never caused any issues.
Well , what are the issues of the day ...terrorism...wealth disparity...climate change..education..crime ..

..yeah) only terrorism can be attributed to religious sentiment ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8697 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
So.
You are now claiming that Jesus commanded everyone to be... gay?
Or was that bisexual?
I'm confused.
..no..I'm claiming that if I was slumped face down in the dirt ..w/ that big f**king vulture riding my ass ..........someone should pick me up ...
Lincoln

United States

#8698 May 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally. Religion has never caused any issues.
Causes issues to atheistically correct persons?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8699 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well , what are the issues of the day ...terrorism...wealth disparity...climate change..education..crime ..
..yeah) only terrorism can be attributed to religious sentiment ...
Let's see:

Terrorism? Religious. Check.

Wealth disparity? Enabled by deeply religious leaders, elected by even more gullible and religious voters. Religious? Check.

Climate change. Created by the callous attitude of corporations endlessly dumping excess greenhouse gasses in defiance of laws and regulations to the contrary, and enabled by deeply religious morons who think "Jesus is coming soon anyway, so who cares?". Religious? Check.

Education. Efforts to improve education are met with opposition by deeply religious fools who think their "holy" book is worthy to be taught along side actual, reality-based textbooks. Religious? Check.

Crime. Well... among the modern religions? The idea that there are no real consequences for ANY act, so long as you utter magical get-out-of-jail spells such as "Jesus! Forgive me!". The effect of THAT theology, is to create a class of folk who go out and commit crimes, thinking they can get away with it by casting the "jesus/forgive" spell-- only SECULAR LAW doesn't see it that way, and arrests them anyhow. Next, factor in the increasing disparity between the highest-paid "workers" (who also pay little or no taxes) with the lowest paid people who actually DO the work? All supported by the Religious Right in government? Religion again. Finally, factor in an economy which was severely damaged do to predatory and get-rich-quick schemes ENCOURAGED by the same Religious Right-who's man was President for too long?

So.... Religious? Check.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8700 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..no..I'm claiming that if I was slumped face down in the dirt ..w/ that big f**king vulture riding my ass ..........someone should pick me up ...
Why?

What makes YOU special, in that you expect an EXEMPTION from the uncaring and indifferent Universe?

The FACTS ARE: the Universe does not care about you-- at all. Neither does the planet.

Most of the universe is so hostile to YOU, that you would die within seconds if exposed to it's conditions (unless you had extreme protective gear--very unnatural).

And the planet isn't a lot better: most of it is covered with salty water you cannot drink, and if you tried to live in it for too long, it would destroy your skin too. Unless you took special precautions...

The vast majority of plants on earth are toxic to you in one or more ways, such that you couldn't eat them, let alone gain nutritional value from them.

There are any number of organisms on earth that would happily eat you as look at you, if given a chance. From the smallest parasitic worms to the larger carnivores. And the herbivores are not much better-- apart from the ones humans have mutated (domesticated), the herbavores would as soon trample you as look at you--they'd prefer you just went away from their habitat.

Then there is the microscopic world of life-- most of which would kill you dead, if they could manage to get past your skin-- and for many even that isn't much of a handicap.

In short?

The universe wants you DEAD, far more than it wants you alive.

So I ask again?

What makes YOU special, that you >>EXPECT<< a rescue when you are down?

Hmmmm?

Las Vegas, NV

#8701 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
So.
No free will, then.
Gotcha.
Your bible certainly agrees with you, by the way.
Go read the verse, "no man comes to the father, but the spirit draws him".
This clearly means that only a SELECT FEW get to be "saved", and the rest get bupkiss.
No free will at all.
...bupkiss....(BACK)........We lcome "to" humility ..."your" argument is sound ...the evidence ..solid...Yet, no one is swayed ....FREE THINKER ...BE...!!!...A FREE THINKER ....!!!

( I feel your pain...brother..)...people ...ARE ,JUST STUPID ...triple exclamation point ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8702 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's see:
Terrorism? Religious. Check.
Wealth disparity? Enabled by deeply religious leaders, elected by even more gullible and religious voters. Religious? Check.
Climate change. Created by the callous attitude of corporations endlessly dumping excess greenhouse gasses in defiance of laws and regulations to the contrary, and enabled by deeply religious morons who think "Jesus is coming soon anyway, so who cares?". Religious? Check.
Education. Efforts to improve education are met with opposition by deeply religious fools who think their "holy" book is worthy to be taught along side actual, reality-based textbooks. Religious? Check.
Crime. Well... among the modern religions? The idea that there are no real consequences for ANY act, so long as you utter magical get-out-of-jail spells such as "Jesus! Forgive me!". The effect of THAT theology, is to create a class of folk who go out and commit crimes, thinking they can get away with it by casting the "jesus/forgive" spell-- only SECULAR LAW doesn't see it that way, and arrests them anyhow. Next, factor in the increasing disparity between the highest-paid "workers" (who also pay little or no taxes) with the lowest paid people who actually DO the work? All supported by the Religious Right in government? Religion again. Finally, factor in an economy which was severely damaged do to predatory and get-rich-quick schemes ENCOURAGED by the same Religious Right-who's man was President for too long?
So.... Religious? Check.
...So , China and Russia ..are the bomb ...(plus) North Korea ...as , god is non existent over there ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8703 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Why?
What makes YOU special, in that you expect an EXEMPTION from the uncaring and indifferent Universe?
The FACTS ARE: the Universe does not care about you-- at all. Neither does the planet.
Most of the universe is so hostile to YOU, that you would die within seconds if exposed to it's conditions (unless you had extreme protective gear--very unnatural).
And the planet isn't a lot better: most of it is covered with salty water you cannot drink, and if you tried to live in it for too long, it would destroy your skin too. Unless you took special precautions...
The vast majority of plants on earth are toxic to you in one or more ways, such that you couldn't eat them, let alone gain nutritional value from them.
There are any number of organisms on earth that would happily eat you as look at you, if given a chance. From the smallest parasitic worms to the larger carnivores. And the herbivores are not much better-- apart from the ones humans have mutated (domesticated), the herbavores would as soon trample you as look at you--they'd prefer you just went away from their habitat.
Then there is the microscopic world of life-- most of which would kill you dead, if they could manage to get past your skin-- and for many even that isn't much of a handicap.
In short?
The universe wants you DEAD, far more than it wants you alive.
So I ask again?
What makes YOU special, that you >>EXPECT<< a rescue when you are down?
Hmmmm?
Well..I have a "big" mouth ...and, I (heart) to assert ...WE ARE CIVILIZED ...!!!
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8704 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well..I have a "big" mouth ...and, I (heart) to assert ...WE ARE CIVILIZED ...!!!
If civilized means being at odds with the entire planet, then yes, you would be civilized.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8705 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Pain and struggle , entered the world ; when man sinned ..we have become a fallen creature ..
I think slavery in the beginning , was the most benign thing, opposing clans could do with each others captives ...(besides, just setting them free)...
When Americans conquered the Natives ...do think it was inhumane to lock them away on reservations ....??...Should we have rather wiped them off of ,the face of the world ..???
This is a good example of your civilized culture. Hundreds of treaties broken with hundreds of native populations, and the only option you can come up with is slaughter them, or incarcerate them. All the while referring to the indigenous people as savages, what a joke. You know, kind of what Western/Christian culture is doing in Africa right now.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8706 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....This is crime , not God's work ...We and others send aid to Somalia , and the Al Shabab network, keep it from the people ....
A country wouldn't need aid if it wasn't for the Christian agenda.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8707 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh..hush your mouth ..and, buckle up....It's called the Culture War ....to the victor ,goes the spoils ...
The victor also writes the history, right or wrong.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8708 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."not" everyone ...Just "you" and your ilk ...
..nah...I'm just joshing , its been posited ; that God still loves the Devil , but the nature of "its" Sin demands justice ..there can no longer be forgiveness ...
..."spudgun" ....(you lousy traitor)...I thought you godless heathens , made it a point of pride, to "always" use the lower case "G" ...?
And there you have it, a demand for justice. It goes right to the heart of a mono-theists claim as to why there must be a God. It's the ultimate entitlement program. You want eternal life, in fact you insist that it's possible, although it's something you can't possibly provide for yourself. You insist there must be justice, somewhere, but can't provide it yourself. There is nothing fair about life. Christianity certainly doesn't offer justice, in fact it doesn't even think the laws of the natural community even apply to mankind.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8709 May 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...So , China and Russia ..are the bomb ...(plus) North Korea ...as , god is non existent over there ...
Oh, how you lie!

In China? They have ancestor-worship, which is similar to your insanity.

In Russia? They have had the Orthodox Christian church since before the Vatican was a place of note. Without a break, too.

As for North Korea? Well-- they suffer under the religion known as "Cult of Personality", similar to your mental-disease, only the god in this case, is supposedly a man.

So religion is still in play, even there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min thetruth 27,328
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 21 min thetruth 3,096
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min Critical Eye 6,061
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min thetruth 253,443
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 24 min thetruth 4,005
Morality is Subjective Without God 28 min thetruth 69
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 32 min thetruth 18,844
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Frank Merton 8,136
More from around the web