Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8635 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.The "most" popular book in all of human history ..
Lie. Not even close-- by the "standards" of counting?

Wal-Mart's weekly advertising passed your idiotic bible long, long ago.

To really qualify? You have to count books that were sold to be...read, not to be given away.

Your bible comes in way down the list.

Harry Potter's books passed it quite some time ago.

Moreover?

People bought the Potter books ... to READ. And did.

Most bibles are sold to give away--never having been read by anyone.

Your argument has no merit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8636 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm really curious ...what exactly do you want from God...money ,sex ,power ..??
You haven't been robbed , or raped , or injured ...why, not be grateful for those small mercies ....???
We don't know what the future holds ...but, from here until then, a great many people ..."will" suffer calamity ...
Thor flies through the air, slinging lightning bolts.

Your god? He's a pansy. He says to be a sheep, to sit there like a passive little slave.

This is not good-- sheep are easily conquered, easily rounded up, easily led down the path to slaughter.

Thor advocates STANDING UP for yourself.

Thor for the WIN!
Lincoln

United States

#8637 May 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thor flies through the air, slinging lightning bolts.
Your god? He's a pansy. He says to be a sheep, to sit there like a passive little slave.
This is not good-- sheep are easily conquered, easily rounded up, easily led down the path to slaughter.
Thor advocates STANDING UP for yourself.
Thor for the WIN!
Malcolm Boyd brought Christianity into the streets to promote civil rights
Episcopal priest Malcolm Boyd has taken the message of Christianity outside the walls of church to champion minority rights and show that God is everywhere.
it would be natural to assume that, at almost 90 years old, the Rev. Malcolm Boyd has run out of steam. Yet here he is, still running. Running to fire up demonstrators demanding economic and social justice. Running to put together his latest column for national distribution. Running to deliver a major sermon at a packed church near downtown Los Angeles.
Running to inspire.
An Episcopal priest, writer, and activist, Mr. Boyd is also running these days as the subject of a full-length documentary film, due out later this year, by the award-winning filmmaker Andrew Thomas.
"He's a whirling dervish of activity," says Mr. Thomas, who met him several years ago while producing and filming a live performance at The Jazz Bakery in Culver City, Calif., featuring Boyd reading from his bestselling book of prayers "Are You Running With Me, Jesus?," which was published in 1965.
Boyd is often called on to serve as a "living symbol of righteous social struggle," providing "gravitas" to progressive causes, Thomas says.
Today, Boyd admits to being "not as sprightly" as he used to be as he briskly climbs the stairs to his "writer-in-residence " office at the Cathedral Center of St. Paul, the headquarters of the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles. "It has not been an ordinary life," he says, adding that he looks forward to his 90th birthday on June 8 with a sense of satisfaction. "I've been very fortunate with the way things have worked out."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8638 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm really curious ...what exactly do you want from God...money ,sex ,power ..??
You haven't been robbed , or raped , or injured ...why, not be grateful for those small mercies ....???
We don't know what the future holds ...but, from here until then, a great many people ..."will" suffer calamity ...
Are you asking us to thank a non-existent god we haven't been raped?

Man you creationist are f*cked up.

Location hidden

#8639 May 11, 2013
The key point number four is that we DON'T WANT anything from your god hallucination.
We are not selfish like you who demand things from things that aren't really there - like a spoiled child.
Atheists are happy without having to believe in nonsense and fear to get by.
It is religious people who need and want things and so they are always asking and praying like greedy sobs, instead of rolling up their sleeves and actually helping people.
Because at the end of the day, you don't really care about people - all your care about is yourself trying to get into your mythical heaven.
All the "niceness" is just for show for your imaginary friend.
YOu aren't really nice people at all when it comes down to it.
If you didn't believe in heaven, you guys would all be criminals, raping and stealing because you people don't have any morals.
That is why your kids taught you religion - its because they are bad parents who don't understand or know how to teach the importance of morals.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8640 May 11, 2013
Thor even as a Comic Book proving him.

Can the dead-jew-on-a-stick say the same?

In any case, Thor is shown as a mighty warrier, beating back the monsters who would murder humanity.

Dead-jew-on-a-stick? Not so much; he couldn't even muster enough courage to stop an anonymous Roman field soldier.

Thor for the WIN!

Did I mention he throws lightning?

Much more interesting than making drunk people more drunk at a party...

Location hidden

#8641 May 11, 2013
And now we see the fruits of your upbringing - here you are lying about atheists, science god - whatever you need to lie about to rack up one more soul on your imaginary board.

Shameless people and waste of humanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8642 May 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
And now we see the fruits of your upbringing - here you are lying about atheists, science god - whatever you need to lie about to rack up one more soul on your imaginary board.
Shameless people and waste of humanity.
Yep.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8643 May 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The key point number four is that we DON'T WANT anything from your god hallucination.
We are not selfish like you who demand things from things that aren't really there - like a spoiled child.
Atheists are happy without having to believe in nonsense and fear to get by.
It is religious people who need and want things and so they are always asking and praying like greedy sobs, instead of rolling up their sleeves and actually helping people.
Because at the end of the day, you don't really care about people - all your care about is yourself trying to get into your mythical heaven.
All the "niceness" is just for show for your imaginary friend.
YOu aren't really nice people at all when it comes down to it.
If you didn't believe in heaven, you guys would all be criminals, raping and stealing because you people don't have any morals.
That is why your kids taught you religion - its because they are bad parents who don't understand or know how to teach the importance of morals.
..You , know if that is how you really feel ..."you" could have said something a long time ago ...instead , of playing with my emotions ; and allowing me to believe, you might be interested in being saved .....!!!

..Look , "-Skeptic-" the problem is "you" and all you other yahoos ...who cast ballots ; You people will take America down with your decadence and loss of respect for life ..........In this I can not abide ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8644 May 12, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There's a god?
Anything I want, I will get and I will get it my way. I am not only capable, but I can be aggressive and formidable enough to make my world do my bidding.
Anyone stupid enough to take me on, would quickly learn, that rape and robbery, might just have been a really bad idea. I am not a natural, when it come to being victimized.
I am more the kind of girl, who can rip nads from their little hiding spots, and reinsert them elsewhere. And I can do this all with a smile on my face.
:D
...That's Hot...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8645 May 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking us to thank a non-existent god we haven't been raped?
Man you creationist are f*cked up.
...No...But, "you" should thank Him ; for the food in your belly , the clothes on your back ..friends ,family your freedom .....not everyone has these ...

Location hidden

#8646 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...No...But, "you" should thank Him ; for the food in your belly , the clothes on your back ..friends ,family your freedom .....not everyone has these ...
Prove him and we'll thank him liar.

Location hidden

#8647 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You , know if that is how you really feel ..."you" could have said something a long time ago ...instead , of playing with my emotions ; and allowing me to believe, you might be interested in being saved .....!!!
..Look , "-Skeptic-" the problem is "you" and all you other yahoos ...who cast ballots ; You people will take America down with your decadence and loss of respect for life ..........In this I can not abide ...
You're dishonest people. When you put your hand up and say "i'm a creationist" you admit to being a liar, lying about god.

Religion is a badge of ignorance.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8648 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Thor for the WIN.
Your religion is on the losing side.
Again.
Perhaps it is time to bring out the lions? Remember the lions?
...Oh, the Christians persecution ...that you claimed never occurred ..#8419 pg. 411

And , I thought "we" were the ones seething with hatred ..??

And , it appears none of your friends are willing to pull you from the muck of ignorance to wallow in ...

The job falls to me (again)...

pg. 420 #8612...Fish do indeed breathe ..

pg.421 #8635....The Bible is the "most" popular printed book ..EVER..!

..Well, I know you feel Thor is a hunk-of manhood ...he was also a prince of Asgard ...big...$$$

Jesus was dirt poor ...maybe , if had had money, He would've preformed his miracles in chain mail ...

....You're Welcome ....
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8649 May 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dishonest people. When you put your hand up and say "i'm a creationist" you admit to being a liar, lying about god.
Religion is a badge of ignorance.
...You call me mentally handicapped ...and, then a malicious liar ...

...I think you are the "one" who is severely confused ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8650 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Oh, the Christians persecution ...that you claimed never occurred ..#8419 pg. 411
Maybe it's time to fulfill your deepest desires, and start?

I know how much you Genuine Christards™ love to play the "I am being so persecuted" card...

I'll see if Thor will play along-- unlikely.

He has no respect for pansy-assed Genuine Christards™ like you...

... too wimpy, too whiny... too... needy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8651 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
pg. 420 #8612...Fish do indeed breathe ..
Nope. You? Are an IDIOT.

To BREATHE-- that is bring air into and out of lungs? Kind of requires... lungs.

Do fish have lungs?

No?

There you go: Fish do not breathe-- they exchange CO2, O2 and NH3 >>directly<< with the water and their blood.

No breathing-- no lungs.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8652 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You call me mentally handicapped ...and, then a malicious liar ...
...I think you are the "one" who is severely confused ...
You are both mentally handicapped-- a self-inflicted condition by the way, and you are also a bald-faced liar.

It IS possible to be both, you see-- you are ample proof of that.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#8653 May 12, 2013
number four wrote:
You really don't get the atheist position at all, do you.

There is no god. So asking what an atheist would want from god is akin to asking an adult what he would want from Santa Claus. And the answer would be the same...nothing. A non-existent being can not provide anything, so wanting something from it is irrational.
number four wrote:
I am thankful to our local police, who do a good job of keeping such things from happening. Attributing such things to your god is an insult to the people who work hard to make such things happen. Either that, or you are attributing random events to your non-existent being.
number four wrote:
Yes. As they say, "Sh*t Happens". Your god has nothing to do with either making it happen, or preventing it.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8654 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time to fulfill your deepest desires, and start?
I know how much you Genuine Christards™ love to play the "I am being so persecuted" card...
I'll see if Thor will play along-- unlikely.
He has no respect for pansy-assed Genuine Christards™ like you...
... too wimpy, too whiny... too... needy.
..THAT'S NOT MY FAULT ....!!!!..I wasn't held enough , as a child ...!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 48 min dollarsbill 4,988
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 85,627
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 12 hr emperorjohn 112
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web