Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Read more

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8505 May 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The immoral liar admits once again that he has no proof of god.
.....OH ,YEAH....Well, I can lose weight ...but, you'd still be ugly .......oops.....wrong rebuttal ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8506 May 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very good at typing. I practice every day-- have been for more than 6 years, daily, typing.
I work to improve my speed, accuracy and style too.
It's an easy goal, really-- as I enjoy trying to express my ideas into the limited media of words.
..You know, "your" style has improved ...you no longer fill your diatribes with those accursed "greater than "..."less than" ...symbols ...

...YOU DESERVE A COOKIE ...!!

Las Vegas, NV

#8507 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
So your ego-centric god WILL NOT HONOR HIS OWN BOOK?
Just out of ... SPITE?
That is some petulant godling you worship there...!
Seriously! Your bible CLEARLY says, "ANYTHING YOU ASK IN THE NAME OF JESUS IS GRANTED".
There are NO conditions placed--apart from the magic name-- and *poof* the wish is INSTANTLY granted.
That is what the bible REALLY says too-- look it up.
<quoted text>
So you agree-- YOUR BIBLE LIED?
Good. That is progress--- your bible LIED about that-- what ELSE did your bible LIE about?
Hmmm?
...Well, this is awkward ....but, yeah ..Where the Bible asserts "that the hills and mountains ,will sing out in joy !" ....I was the "first" to call bullshit on that ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8508 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? Prove it.
In any case? Quantum Mechanics is well proven. Within QM, we see particle-pairs suddenly appearing, then vanishing-- all WITHOUT cause.
The universe itself, began as a quantum-level particle-- and quantum mechanics shows that it could have simply appeared UNCAUSED, as that is what particles of that size do.
Once it appeared --- UNCAUSED -- it would be unstable -- it would either vanish again, or begin to expand into a universe.
In fact? This is SO likely, that the odds show that there are an INFINITY of universes out there.
There is no need of your Magic Jewish Wizard... no need at ALL.
...Whoa ...don't jump the gun ..We're still working on a unified theory ..and, we've yet to understand electricity , gravity ,event horizons and we're still searching for the fabled dark matter and its cousin dark energy ...and, for "your" infinite universes (as opposed to dimensions ,which are likely finite )....I thought this had "more" to do with "time" and the myriad of "choices" mankind has ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8509 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
So.
You believe in SLAVERY, then? Because that is EXACTLY the "reasoning" you used here--
-- by YOUR SAME ARGUMENT?
Parents have sex, they make a baby. So-- ACCORDING TO YOU-- they have the right to just KILL that baby if they want, or they could TORTURE IT, or they could simply leave it in a box, ignored.
When (if) the baby grows up? ACCORDING TO YOU-- it should be their literal slave, waiting on them hand-and-foot for all time.
DO YOU SEE YOUR MISTAKE YET?
...See, this is exactly "why" the sacred authors were loath to condemn slavery outright ...because , God is the master and, we his servants ..there's nothing we can do about that ..( except go the route of Lucifer ,who would rather reign in Hell than serve in Heaven )..

As, for Parents and their offspring ..I hold, that the child is "not" theirs ...It belongs to God , they are merely trusted to care for it ..just like the land and the seas of this planet ....
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8510 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..( except go the route of Lucifer ,who would rather reign in Hell than serve in Heaven )..
What?! These are imaginary characters and imaginary places. Please use some common sense.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8511 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..(GOD IS ETERNAL)....He has "ALWAYS" existed ...
Oh yes I forgot, he just sits there for 250,000 years doing nothing. Then c. 3500 years ago gives his "revelations" to the most barbaric and primitive tribe of desert nomads on the planet. Please stop the planet and let me off, this is insane.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8512 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
..there is NO NEED for your silly Jewish Wizard at all... none!
Like it! I may use that one in future!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8513 May 7, 2013
correction to post 8511. The 250k years I was referring to is the length of time that homo sapiens sapiens is said to have been around. During which time the Jewish sky wizard had a siesta, and watched us live short and brutish lives.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#8514 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..there are limits to the mind ...you couldn't really understand ...(GOD IS ETERNAL)....He has "ALWAYS" existed ...
And that is what is known as 'special pleading'. Why is it acceptable for God to 'always exist', but not acceptable for the multiverse to 'always exist'?

You seem to think that the concept of 'always existing' is a difficult one. In fact, it is a trivial one and shows a reluctance to think deeper.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#8515 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Whoa ...don't jump the gun ..We're still working on a unified theory
True. But we have candidates. We just need data to test between them. ALL are quantum theories..
.and, we've yet to understand electricity , gravity
This depends a bit on what you mean by 'understand'. We have incredibly good descriptions of both electricity and gravity as parts of predictive testable theories.
,event horizons
The main problem we have with event horizons surrounds the question of quantum gravity. Once again, we have candidates, but need data to test them.
and we're still searching for the fabled dark matter and its cousin dark energy
More accurately, we have *found* dark matter and dark energy, but are trying to determine what they are made from. For dark matter, there are several good candidates, but once again, we need *data* from the particle physics crowd to test between them. Dark energy is another beast--we understand very little about it as yet.

That said, none of this directly impacts what Bob said (although the details of dark energy could do so).
...and, for "your" infinite universes (as opposed to dimensions ,which are likely finite )....I thought this had "more" to do with "time" and the myriad of "choices" mankind has ...
Mankind has nothing to do with it. There are two different settings where 'multiple universes' come up in modern physics: the first is the 'many worlds' interpretation of quantum mechanics, where the wave function of the universe can be *interpreted* as splitting into separate, branching universes at each quantum event. The second is in the context of a multiverse where different universes 'pinch off' from the main deSitter space via quantum fluctuations. Neither has anything to do specifically with mankind. The first has to do with quantum events and decoherence, while the second is more a description of how universes form.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#8516 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>That study on prayer ..only suggests that God cannot be manipulated ..
So you are admitting that prayer to your god gives no different results than prayer to the Ceiling Cat...or any other non-existent being.

Is that your story? Are you sticking with it?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8517 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You know, "your" style has improved ...you no longer fill your diatribes with those accursed "greater than "..."less than" ...symbols ...
...YOU DESERVE A COOKIE ...!!
I use those for >>emphasis<<, since I am denied italics by the Gods of Topix.

Had I italics or even different fonts? I'd use those instead.

You work with what you have-- and I really don't give a sh7t if you don't like that, I'm not writing for YOU.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8518 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well, this is awkward ....but, yeah ..Where the Bible asserts "that the hills and mountains ,will sing out in joy !" ....I was the "first" to call bullshit on that ..
If the bible is so full of lies? What in it can be trusted at all?

Seriously-- there is no external method to tell the lies from the not-lies.

For all you can see, it's ALL lies!

And this does seem to fit ... reality.. that it's all lies.

What god would allow such as the bible, to be it's only message?

Answer: no GOOD god would permit that--

--- only an evil god, or a god who isn't there.

Life is too sweet for there to be any EVIL gods.

Thus? God just isn't there...

... likely never was there at all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8519 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Whoa ...don't jump the gun ..We're still working on a unified theory ..and, we've yet to understand electricity , gravity ,event horizons and we're still searching for the fabled dark matter and its cousin dark energy ...and, for "your" infinite universes (as opposed to dimensions ,which are likely finite )....I thought this had "more" to do with "time" and the myriad of "choices" mankind has ...
Quantum Mechanics has more FACTS supporting it, and more EXPERIMENTS supporting it than about any other scientific theory out there.

Including evolution.

And definitely more than the theory of gravity.

QM just >>works<<. Moreover, in the past 10 years? Science has leaped forward amazingly well-- the Higgs particle is pretty well a given-- as PREDICTED by QM theory too.

So it >>is<< a given we live in a Quantum-Mechanical universe.

Which means? Any and ALL gods are NOT omniscient-- they cannot be-- if they were, the universe would collapse, due to the QM observer effect (which is real).

And if a god is >>not<< omniscient? Why call it god?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8520 May 7, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...See, this is exactly "why" the sacred authors were loath to condemn slavery outright ...because , God is the master and, we his servants ..there's nothing we can do about that ..( except go the route of Lucifer ,who would rather reign in Hell than serve in Heaven )..
Aaaaaand back to the BULLSH&T.

SLAVERY IS EVIL.

PERIOD.

EVEN SLAVE TO A GOD: EVIL.

MEANING THE GOD IS EVIL TOO.

(yes, I am shouting because this is BASIC stuff)

YOU CANNOT EXCUSE THIS ONE-- ALL SLAVERY-- REPEAT--ALL SLAVERY OF ANY KIND IS EVIL.

PERIOD.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8521 May 7, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it! I may use that one in future!
Please do.

I had a king of epiphany, when reading Polymath's most excellent discussion of basic Quantum Mechanics.

Since QM is proven as well as you can wish?

It means there cannot possibly exist an omniscient (all-seeing/all-knowing) being-- that would literally collapse all QM events, rendering the universe back to a singularity or something...

... who knows?

Maybe that was what happened before the big bang event... some idiot created an omniscient computer/god or something.. and collapsed everything, including the omniscient thingy.

Fortunately, the omniscient thingy did not survive the collapse, and we have our present universe, without any omniscience in it.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8522 May 7, 2013
Darn spell check:

"I had a KIND of epiphany,..."

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8523 May 7, 2013
spudgun wrote:
correction to post 8511. The 250k years I was referring to is the length of time that homo sapiens sapiens is said to have been around. During which time the Jewish sky wizard had a siesta, and watched us live short and brutish lives.
Clearly, the Jewish Sky-Wizard was having a particularly long crap-- he had eaten Venusian Beaver Cheese that hand gone all wonky, and it gave him constipation.

And when a GOD gets constipated... well... that would take EONS to wait-out....

... of course, once he did find relief, the subsequent God-dump time-traveled to 2012 and became the Republican Party...

Las Vegas, NV

#8524 May 8, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are admitting that prayer to your god gives no different results than prayer to the Ceiling Cat...or any other non-existent being.
Is that your story? Are you sticking with it?
Prayer is communication with our Creator ..."you" Atheists seems to believe God is some sort of cosmic vending machine ..(put in a buck ,and out drops the answered prayer ..)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min River Tam 236,944
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 28 min Eagle 12 6,460
News The Consequences of Atheism 35 min Liam R will return 1,145
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Aura Mytha 18,030
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr DebraE 14,509
News Confessions of a black atheist 5 hr NotSoDivineMsM 43
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 hr ChristineM 1,875
More from around the web