Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8366 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need god. Neither do you--
-- proof? There is no such thing as "god".
There is plenty of proof of that, too-- and NONE that supports a god existing.
<quoted text>
Bullsh7t. 100% too-- nothing in your BuyBull supports what you just wrote.
Nothing.
So you cannot even claim biblical support for your statements above.
Sad.
Biblical support for the existence of Hell or Demons ...Heaven and Angels .....there's that word again ..."denial"...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8367 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I am not at all-- I'm merely here to point out reality, to people who are desperate to live in fantasy-delusions (True Believers™).
I care not at all about getting anything from it.
Or was your comment not directed at me? Hmmmm.... sometimes your style is not very easy to decipher.

Religion is used by people of power, to keep everyone else, sheep.
Look carefully at history-- this lesson is clear.
A) "My" writing style ,difficult to decipher ...(okay , sometimes it is )...You're lucky you, don't have to decipher "Reason Personified" ,writing style ..(I think she drinks ....A LOT..!!!)

B) Yeah, "you" keep calling us sheep ...and, in the next breath "the bane of all civilization !" .....there appears to be a dichotomy ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8368 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
With good reason: they routinely murdered anyone who did not comply with their ugly rules.
Remember the Spanish Inquisition?
How about the Crusades? Where Genuine Catholic Knights™ rampaged across Europe, raping & pillaging (and burning to the ground) any and all villages that did not kowtow to their whims.
The enemies are all self-inflicted.
I found nothing wrong with this post ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8369 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Only by LYING can they defend their positions-- there are NO facts in support of a young earth.
And thousands of man-hours of RESEARCH proving a multi-billion year old earth.
So.... not really-- ALL-- without a single exception-- YE types are liars.
..change it to "multi-MILLION" year old Earth ...and, I will agree w/ you ...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8370 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Biblical support for the existence of Hell or Demons ...Heaven and Angels .....there's that word again ..."denial"...
The bible cannot support itself.

You need outside collaborative facts-- of which you have?

None.

So sorry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8371 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A) "My" writing style ,difficult to decipher ...(okay , sometimes it is )...You're lucky you, don't have to decipher "Reason Personified" ,writing style ..(I think she drinks ....A LOT..!!!)
Reason is one of the more erudite writers on Topix, ahead of me.

So claiming she's incoherent, when the evidence (her posts) say otherwise?

Is grasping at straws you do not have...
number four wrote:
B) Yeah, "you" keep calling us sheep ...and, in the next breath "the bane of all civilization !" .....there appears to be a dichotomy ...
You are sheep-- your sheep-like behavior enables your "leaders" to commit atrocity, over and over again.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8372 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And I also think that we atheists-- we who have embraced the consequences of our doubts-- we remind them of THEIR doubts.
And since they cannot convince us?
That only feeds into their own personal doubting all the more--
-- which makes them... angry.
Which leads to the hate, the persecution, the sl0t-shaming, the name-calling all that--
Doubts.
Everybody has them.
Only an atheist is comfortable with them, though.
:D
Well, perhaps I'm very unkind to "you" because "you" remind me of my doubts ...or..??...you're just ugly and dumb ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8374 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..change it to "multi-MILLION" year old Earth ...and, I will agree w/ you ...
The earth, at last count, is about 4.3 billion years young.

The universe? About 13 billion years or so (last time I looked it up).

Interestingly, it took less than a billion years for life to appear-- around 3.6-3.8 billion years back.

This seems to indicate that life is easy to get started-- but takes awhile to really get going with multicellular life. That took another 2 billion years or so, such that, about 1 billion years back, the first multicellular life forms showed up.

After that? Things took off like a fighter jet (relatively speaking)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8375 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The bible cannot support itself.
You need outside collaborative facts-- of which you have?
None.
So sorry.
..."facts" ....When you yourself understand the core tenet's of Christianity .."Faith ,Hope and Love"..God is supernatural ("you" gotta know what that means !)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8376 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Reason is one of the more erudite writers on Topix, ahead of me.
So claiming she's incoherent, when the evidence (her posts) say otherwise?
Is grasping at straws you do not have...
<quoted text>
You are sheep-- your sheep-like behavior enables your "leaders" to commit atrocity, over and over again.
When you are describing "Reason Personified" ..I think the adjective you were looking for is "hirsute" rather than erudite ....

Sheep that follow a monster ...huh...??...Well, anything is possible ...(I appreciate the clarification )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8377 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The earth, at last count, is about 4.3 billion years young.
The universe? About 13 billion years or so (last time I looked it up).
Interestingly, it took less than a billion years for life to appear-- around 3.6-3.8 billion years back.
This seems to indicate that life is easy to get started-- but takes awhile to really get going with multicellular life. That took another 2 billion years or so, such that, about 1 billion years back, the first multicellular life forms showed up.
After that? Things took off like a fighter jet (relatively speaking)
Yep...you were right ...I was wrong ..(as usual)..

As, for the incredible speed of evolution and the added brain explosion ...This is an incredible "stroke" of luck ....almost , "too" lucky ...I would say ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8378 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."facts" ....When you yourself understand the core tenet's of Christianity .."Faith ,Hope and Love"..God is supernatural ("you" gotta know what that means !)
So you admit that it's all bullsh7t, then?

Good.

That's progress.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8379 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>When you are describing "Reason Personified" ..I think the adjective you were looking for is "hirsute" rather than erudite ....
Sheep that follow a monster ...huh...??...Well, anything is possible ...(I appreciate the clarification )
Your jealousy is showing. RP is a woman, by the way-- just so you know for when you create future insults.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8380 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Yep...you were right ...I was wrong ..(as usual)..
As, for the incredible speed of evolution and the added brain explosion ...This is an incredible "stroke" of luck ....almost , "too" lucky ...I would say ...
It does not matter WHAT the odds were, so long as they were greater than zero.

Why?

Simple-- we are here, so even if the odds were one ga-zillion to one against?

We would not be talking about it, until that Lottery Bell was rung-- and here we are.

In defiance of the odds.

You seem to think this is "cosmically significant" when it's not.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8381 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It does not matter WHAT the odds were, so long as they were greater than zero.
Why?
Simple-- we are here, so even if the odds were one ga-zillion to one against?
We would not be talking about it, until that Lottery Bell was rung-- and here we are.
In defiance of the odds.
You seem to think this is "cosmically significant" when it's not.
Yeah...the odds overcome by single celled creatures ...the speed of (earlier) evolution ..the abundance of fossil fuels ..........It still remains ,"quite" possible that, there is an unseen intelligence involved ...
Lincoln

United States

#8382 Apr 28, 2013
Epistemology questions what knowledge is, how it is acquired, and the possible extent to which a given subject or entity can be known.

Know-it-alls reject
limitation on their knowledge?
Thinking people often have doubts of their own ideas,

atheist drama queens
seldom doubt their thoughts.

Sad or amusing?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#8383 Apr 28, 2013
Most atheists that I know acknowledge that they continually probe previously unknown territory about which they know little or nothing. I've interacted with many know-a-lot atheists, but never a know-it-all one.
Lincoln

United States

#8384 Apr 28, 2013
America is basically a religious nation especially in politics.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8385 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...the odds overcome by single celled creatures ...the speed of (earlier) evolution ..the abundance of fossil fuels ..........It still remains ,"quite" possible that, there is an unseen intelligence involved ...
Possible? Sure. Likely? Not even a little bit.

Unless that "unseen intelligence" has ... "left the building".

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8386 Apr 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>It appears the Catholic church has had many enemies through out the ages ..
this Constantine narrative ,wherein he is accredited for the forcible spread of the faith and the creation of the Bible ..
I don't buy it , he was a pagan until his death ..So a pagan Emperor and his pagan generals ,"really" went forth and smashed their own temples and idols ...Who could believe that ...???
As,for the creation of the Bible ...that's still a work in progress ..every few decades a new and improved English translation hits the bookstores
Geez, you are slow. Constantine found a method to control others with. I doubt he felt the need to scourge himself with the same whip that he used to convert non-believers to his newly minted religion. He is the reason for the season, so to speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Eagle 12 27,275
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 57 min Subduction Zone 58,089
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Dogen 1,904
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Eagle 12 5,962
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr Eagle 12 4,947
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 6 hr Eagle 12 1,940
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 8 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 153
More from around the web