Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8342 Apr 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proof?
No?
This is interesting: Christopher Hitchens was not afraid to die.
Oh, make no mistake-- he did not WANT to die! Nobody WANTS to die--not really-- not down deep.
But he was in NO WAY >>afraid<< of it.
You are just projecting your own pathetic fears here.
Chris's body was racked by cancer ..He was tired ..

(I wasn't at his death bed , so I can not really attest to his state of mind )

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8343 Apr 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>And they pray, which should be the only thing they would do. Asking in his name is the magic answer to everything, no qualifiers, just ask, yet somehow the god never gets around to actually delivering on his promise.
Indeed.

I'm amazed that none recognize their god was entirely missing >>during<< the crisis...

... this is a blind spot that keeps these sheeple... sheeple...

... they return to the fleecing again and again, and begin to think they prefer the abuse, to anything else...

.... sickening.

Las Vegas, NV

#8344 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Why?
Men are clever beasts, and well recognize leaving in the atrocity---
--- there are many reasons to do so, but the main reason? Is so that later, they can also commit atrocity, and claim "god said" and get away with it.
If you look at the bible from the viewpoint of someone desiring power over people's lives? It all begins to fall into place-- why the atrocity is left in, why there is punishment for defying authority, why submission is taught as a virtue.
Power.
And you swallow it down, and ask for more...
..yeah..But, if you're trying to "win" adherents ...more butts in the pews "=" larger tithes ..

I would think removing embarrassing passages (those that "Reason Personified" keeps throwing in my face )...would actually be more successful ...as churches tend to splinter ..

Yeah..Submission to God ..not to men ..So, any man assuming wealth and power ...would be "clearly" seen to be in the wrong ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8345 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Some do. More the fools, they-- where was their god DURING the crisis?
Hmmmm?
Perhaps their god was out playing a round of golf? Maybe their god was on the pot, grunting out new "scripture"?
.."MOST...do" ..Death comes for everyone , it can not be avoided ..........I think these men in West died bravely ..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8346 Apr 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah..But, if you're trying to "win" adherents ...more butts in the pews "=" larger tithes ..
I am not at all-- I'm merely here to point out reality, to people who are desperate to live in fantasy-delusions (True Believers™).

I care not at all about getting anything from it.

Or was your comment not directed at me? Hmmmm.... sometimes your style is not very easy to decipher.
number four wrote:
I would think removing embarrassing passages (those that "Reason Personified" keeps throwing in my face )...would actually be more successful ...as churches tend to splinter ..
The problem is? If they admitted that certain passages >>were<< embarrassing, and not of their god?

Then? WHERE DO YOU STOP? Before you know, the whole bible is emptied of it's content.

So they leave it in-- and try to pretend it's magic.
number four wrote:
Yeah..Submission to God ..not to men ..So, any man assuming wealth and power ...would be "clearly" seen to be in the wrong ...
Naturally! These powerful men recognized that cloaking themselves in magic underwear-- invisible underwear-- and call it "men of god" -- and that the gullible and foolish would not strike them down from their seats of power.

And would continue to be their near-slaves or actual slaves, without useful complaint.

Religion is used by people of power, to keep everyone else, sheep.

Look carefully at history-- this lesson is clear.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8347 Apr 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."MOST...do " ..Death comes for everyone , it can not be avoided ..........I think these men in West died bravely ..
Most.... TRUE BELIEVERS™ do.

Yes-- I agree.

One thing that becoming an atheist forces you to do? Is confront your own mortality. This may not happen immediately, but eventually everyone thinks about their own mortality.

And for an atheist, it is a realization that just like John Lennon's famous song, Imagine? That there is no heaven above, no hell below.

And that can be quite a release of pent-up fear.

For >>all<< religion feeds on FEAR-- and keeps hinting that you MIGHT NOT MAKE THE GRADE.

So you keep returning to the pig-slop-trough, again and again--- taking the abuse--again and again-- to try to soothe that nagging fear that YOU are unworthy of "heaven".

It's how the con works.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8348 Apr 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..All that Constantine did was cease the Roman Empire's persecution of the Christians ...
.......yeah........We have that 5th. Commandment thing (THOU SHALL NOT KILL)
Commands: safeguarding of one's own life and bodily welfare of that of others ; controlling one's anger ..("Reason Personified" .. "-Skeptic-" .. "Bob of Quantum-Faith"..
Forbids : unjust killing, suicide, abortion ,euthanasia, artificial contraception ,sterilization ,fist fights,endangering life and limb of self or others ..
So you simply don't want to know the truth, do you? Research: Constantine

Las Vegas, NV

#8349 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes...yes they are.
Science requires FACT. Never faith-- faith is detrimental to doing good science.
Faith? Faith requires submission and suppression of thought.
And facts? They damage faith-- facts are >>literally<< what can wipe out faith.
So you are wrong.
Well, there are the "Young Earthers" ......but, they can defend their positions ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8350 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Most.... TRUE BELIEVERS™ do.
Yes-- I agree.
One thing that becoming an atheist forces you to do? Is confront your own mortality. This may not happen immediately, but eventually everyone thinks about their own mortality.
And for an atheist, it is a realization that just like John Lennon's famous song, Imagine? That there is no heaven above, no hell below.
And that can be quite a release of pent-up fear.
For >>all<< religion feeds on FEAR-- and keeps hinting that you MIGHT NOT MAKE THE GRADE.
So you keep returning to the pig-slop-trough, again and again--- taking the abuse--again and again-- to try to soothe that nagging fear that YOU are unworthy of "heaven".
It's how the con works.
There is a "con" , but it is from the "other side" wherein you are led to believe that "you" do not need God , that God does not exist ..

2)As to whether or not "we make the grade" ..God can work with the humble person (those full of pride , He can not )..So, I'm not sure if "you" are seeing fear or humility ..when the faithful consider the "Last Four Things"..(death ,judgment ,Heaven or Hell )

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8351 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there are the "Young Earthers" ......but, they can defend their positions ...
Only by LYING can they defend their positions-- there are NO facts in support of a young earth.

And thousands of man-hours of RESEARCH proving a multi-billion year old earth.

So.... not really-- ALL-- without a single exception-- YE types are liars.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8352 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>There is a "con" , but it is from the "other side" wherein you are led to believe that "you" do not need God , that God does not exist ..
I don't need god. Neither do you--

-- proof? There is no such thing as "god".

There is plenty of proof of that, too-- and NONE that supports a god existing.
number four wrote:
2)As to whether or not "we make the grade" ..God can work with the humble person (those full of pride , He can not )..So, I'm not sure if "you" are seeing fear or humility ..when the faithful consider the "Last Four Things"..(death ,judgment ,Heaven or Hell )
Bullsh7t. 100% too-- nothing in your BuyBull supports what you just wrote.

Nothing.

So you cannot even claim biblical support for your statements above.

Sad.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8353 Apr 28, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
That would be like feeding them to the lions. LOL
Did you not read Daniel and the Lion's den?

Daniel 6:22
My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."

Have a nice day!

Earth,TX

#8355 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..My Bad.....I just assumed "all" you first responders rolled together ...
Bob missed a milestone post, as did I. Try as you might, that is not relevant to anything that happened in West, Texas. It takes no bravery to be blown off the flicking map while sleeping.

Earth,TX

#8356 Apr 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..denial.. Is not a river in N. Africa ..
Bob missed a milestone post, as did I. Try as you might, that is not relevant to anything that happened in West, Texas.

Earth,TX

#8357 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
I'm amazed that none recognize their god was entirely missing >>during<< the crisis...
... this is a blind spot that keeps these sheeple... sheeple...
... they return to the fleecing again and again, and begin to think they prefer the abuse, to anything else...
.... sickening.
If they actually realized that the myth-god did not keep it's word, some small doubt ,might actually gain entrance to their brain, and I think that would scare them more than they pretend to be scared of hell. Knowledge is the deadliest, it is the original sin-myth.

Funny how "thou shalt not known shit", is forgotten while they are here telling us that they know it all.

Las Vegas, NV

#8358 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>So you simply don't want to know the truth, do you? Research: Constantine
It appears the Catholic church has had many enemies through out the ages ..

this Constantine narrative ,wherein he is accredited for the forcible spread of the faith and the creation of the Bible ..

I don't buy it , he was a pagan until his death ..So a pagan Emperor and his pagan generals ,"really" went forth and smashed their own temples and idols ...Who could believe that ...???

As,for the creation of the Bible ...that's still a work in progress ..every few decades a new and improved English translation hits the bookstores

Las Vegas, NV

#8359 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>If they actually realized that the myth-god did not keep it's word, some small doubt ,might actually gain entrance to their brain, and I think that would scare them more than they pretend to be scared of hell. Knowledge is the deadliest, it is the original sin-myth.
Funny how "thou shalt not known shit", is forgotten while they are here telling us that they know it all.
ha ha ha ...It appears "you" lack knowledge ..It was the tree of "knowledge" ..but, the sin (promised from the serpent)..was "You will be "like" Gods ........."...pride the sin of Satan, also the sin of our parents ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8360 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>Bob missed a milestone post, as did I. Try as you might, that is not relevant to anything that happened in West, Texas. It takes no bravery to be blown off the flicking map while sleeping.
Nobody was sleeping ...all the dead were firefighters ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8361 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read Daniel and the Lion's den?
Daniel 6:22
My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."
Have a nice day!
I read it. It's a nice fable. I doubt you get the real meaning of the fable, though-- you are too busy being a sheep to notice.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8363 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>If they actually realized that the myth-god did not keep it's word, some small doubt ,might actually gain entrance to their brain, and I think that would scare them more than they pretend to be scared of hell. Knowledge is the deadliest, it is the original sin-myth.
My theory is this-- and I thought of it, because all during my True Believer™ phase, I experienced doubts.

And I cannot believe that everyone is that different than me.

The chief difference? I kept coming back to my doubts, and examining why they were there--what fostered them in the first place.

Finally, I embraced my doubts, and let go the damage we call "faith"-- I have not looked back since.

Everyone has doubts-- it's just that some practice mental deception, to try (in vain) to suppress conscious awareness of them.

But, attendance at any funeral? Proves beyond a doubt (ironic? yep) that they all have doubts-- some very serious doubts-- that their religion is real. Witness the argumentative pleading from the pulpit at that funeral-- the constant re-hashing of "he's in heaven now"-- over and over.

Who are they trying to convince? The dead guy cannot hear them any longer-- he's dead.

So why the repetition, the constant argumentative style that "he's in a better place"?

Because they all have ... doubts.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 22 min thetruth 4,820
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 23 min thetruth 9,366
News Why I quit atheism 26 min thetruth 709
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 28 min thetruth 755
Good arguments against Christianity 31 min thetruth 214
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 36 min thetruth 10,052
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,562
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr It aint necessari... 18,571
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr AmericanPagan 21,175
A Universe from Nothing? 12 hr Into The Night 538
More from around the web