Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8274 Apr 26, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Atheists may want to take a little more care with their lives as it is their one and only.
Believers in an afterlife should be impatient to die if they deep down truly believe.
There may be no ahteist in a fox-hole but there are no believers running from the bullets or bombs.
If you truly believed you would want to die as soon as possible wouldn't you.
Believers are the cowards as they want there to be a loving deity looking our for you, you want there to be a purpose and meanint to your life. you're so scared of oblivion you prefer to believe in heaven.
When I die I will be nothing. I am not scared of that just as I wasn't scared before I was born. Oblivion is comforting. I don't need your god. My life has no purpose but the one I choose.
Oblivion "would" actually be nice ...but, the really brave understand .."We are held responsible for how we live our lives !"

Las Vegas, NV

#8275 Apr 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>:(
I missed my 10,000th.
So, another Memorial ...I wonder do these strike you to the core of your little black heart ??...You.... want so much to believe "faith" is an aberration , and yet, everybody turns to God in a time of crisis ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8276 Apr 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try reading it. No famine, no siege, not this time. In extreme situations, parents die, and sacrifice their food for the children, but the buybull god knows nothing of parenting. A cow pie, does have value, you I'd think, don't have quite as much as that.
Oh, I'm quite sure a siege was involved , and, in famine situations (infants usually die first) as they "need" a mothers milk ...

As, to whether or not "I" actually hold "any" value ...Lets just agree to disagree ,on that front ....(happy face emoticon)

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8277 Apr 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a bowling ball can be ... useful.
In contrast to ...
<snerk>
LOL

Yer, I will grant you that one.

Las Vegas, NV

#8278 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
You demonstrate your extreme lack of education, with respect to the greater cosmos, and also with respect to sub-atomic processes.
They are anything BUT "well oiled clock".
They behave exactly as random things would-- especially at the sub-atomic level, where EVERYTHING is based on statistics and probability.
<quoted text>
So?
An answer of "do not know" is WAY better than a convenient lie (as in godditit)
Why?
Because "do not know" allows for trying to find out.
Exactly the opposite of "goddidit" with stops any and all questions cold.
Or, Why not "ask" .."How did God ,do it ?"

Thank-you , for expounding on the sub-atomic processes ...they, behave randomly , but as sure as there is a Hell the Sun "will" rise tomorrow ..gravity will keep you planted to the Earth ....There is order .

Las Vegas, NV

#8279 Apr 26, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Yer, I will grant you that one.
I want to to be popular "too" ..."What do I gotta do..??"...Just call you atheists stupid ..is that how is works ,here..??

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8280 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oblivion "would" actually be nice ...but, the really brave understand .."We are held responsible for how we live our lives !"
Brave people are honest enough to admit that they have no proof of god.

Location hidden

#8281 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>So, another Memorial ...I wonder do these strike you to the core of your little black heart ??...You.... want so much to believe "faith" is an aberration , and yet, everybody turns to God in a time of crisis ..
You can't even prove your god, why should we believe any of your opinions?

Location hidden

#8282 Apr 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
It is a natural reaction for some. I grew up in Manhattan, and September 11th, 2001 was the second day of my senior year of high school.
Though I didn't believe in God at the time, I found myself saying, "God bless you" to my friends as we parted ways that day, and in the days that followed.
That faint, involuntary urge to call on God's name soon grew into a desire to read His word and then a hunger for friendships with people who believed in Him.
Two years later, I said out loud what I knew in my heart was true: "I am a Christian."
if you knew it, why did it take you two years?

Answer: that's how long the brainwashing takes.

Location hidden

#8283 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Or, Why not "ask" .."How did God ,do it ?"
The fact that there is no proof of god makes that an absolutely stupid question.
Lincoln

United States

#8284 Apr 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
if you knew it, why did it take you two years?
Answer: that's how long the brainwashing takes.
Have no idea

as this was from an article in a newspaper.

Location hidden

#8285 Apr 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no idea
as this was from an article in a newspaper.
Troll harder, Lincoln. There are many before you who have tried and lost.

Las Vegas, NV

#8286 Apr 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Brave people are honest enough to admit that they have no proof of god.
Well, "something" caused the Universe to exist ...

B) And, we enjoy a moral standard ..Who was the better man Hitler or Mr.Rogers ..??...We can objectively assert Mr.Rogers ..We "can" tell the difference betwixt right and wrong ,(that everybody can agree to)..That would not be possible without a God ..
Lincoln

United States

#8287 Apr 26, 2013
"Everyone has been profoundly affected by this wanton violence and destruction inflicted upon our community by two young men unknown to all of us," said O'Malley, speaking to a crowd of mourners that included Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis, who sat in the front row of the cavernous cathedral with other elected officials. "It's very difficult to understand what was going on in their heads. What demons were operating, what ideologies or politics, or the perversions of their religion."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/21/reconcil...
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#8288 Apr 26, 2013
As sharp as a bowling ball made of mayonnaise.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
As sharp as a bowling ball.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8289 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oblivion "would" actually be nice ...but, the really brave understand .."We are held responsible for how we live our lives !"
By whom?

You?

There is no reason to believe in a god or gods, is there?

The only way people are held responsible, is if they get caught.

And even then? If they have sufficient piles of cash? Not even then.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8290 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
, and yet, everybody turns to God in a time of crisis ..
Lie. I didn't. Christopher Hitchens didn't. Carl Sagan didn't.

In fact? Many people do not:
" http://militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxho... ;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8291 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm quite sure a siege was involved , and, in famine situations (infants usually die first) as they "need" a mothers milk ...
Not anymore they don't -- modern science has figured out how to replace "mother's milk" with suitable alternatives.

Take me: I was born allergic to my mother's milk-- I was raised without. I did not die.

You are so full of sh7t, your eyes are brown...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8292 Apr 26, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Or, Why not "ask" .."How did God ,do it ?"
That one is easy: magic. Magic is how "goddidit" in every case.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#8293 Apr 26, 2013
If you kicked the shit out of number four, he would be transparent.
<quoted text>
Not anymore they don't -- modern science has figured out how to replace "mother's milk" with suitable alternatives.
Take me: I was born allergic to my mother's milk-- I was raised without. I did not die.
You are so full of sh7t, your eyes are brown...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 min I can read 22,938
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Thinking 228,611
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 1,030
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Thinking 155
Heaven 2 hr Thinking 8
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Thinking 727
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Thinking 5,939

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE