Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Read more: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Read more

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8233 Apr 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I know that one: "my yoke is easy, my burden is light".
Nice-- but says nothing at all about ignoring 100% of the old Jewish rules.
In fact? Jesus specifically commands that you MUST follow them all...
... do you know where? There are two places.
One is where he speaks of the greatest two commandments, but in no way absolves you of keeping the others.
The other is where he speaks of fulfilling Jewish law...
... fulfilling-- that's also not saying to just ignore them.
I'll leave it up to you to find the exact addresses... it'll be good for you-- you clearly don't read you bible that much.
Hmmmm.
You lose.
Again.
...point taken ...But, I believe the bet "was" whether or not "I" responded ..So.....??..Now, things are awkward , as I kinda splurged at the Dollar Store ...and now, I kinda need that money ...!!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8234 Apr 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>well, whether or you not "you" actually care for this beast , remains debatable .....as, you have just asserted ...the litter box.."stinks"..and, I'm quite sure your Mother does "not" want her basement smelling like cat piss ...
My mother has nothing to do with it-- she lives across town, in her own house thankyouverymuch. With my dad. Neither has a cat.

The point is?

Love is easy to observe, via watching behavior of those affected by it.

It's also pretty simple to measure it too-- there are various ways to measure how deep the love is:

Will a woman forfeit her home, to go to a far place with the one she loves? That is one measure-- some women leave, some women don't.

Will a man return to a rapidly burning building-- even after being told it's hopeless, in order to rescue his offspring? Knowing full well he'll not be successful-- but doing it because he loves the child more than himself? That is yet another measure of love.

Still another-- a woman only has sufficient food to either feed herself, or her child-- she feeds the child, starving herself. That is still another measure of love.

Love is quite easy to prove, to measure, to observe.

You just have to get your mind out of the flat not-think that your ugly religion has molded it into.

And to THINK a bit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8235 Apr 23, 2013
number four wrote:
(back to theology)...You love this creature ..WHY..??..Can you not admit something deeper (spiritual) is going on in this relationship ...beyond your "meat" enjoying the antics of her "meat" ..Do you not sense her "soul"...???
Why does there need to be more?

Isn't this enough?

Isn't this one life-- this one accidental amalgam of molecules that makes up the one we call self?

We live in the best of times, by historical records: we live twice as long as our great-greats did.

Just by the accident of being alive ... >>today<< we are granted two times the lifespan to love our cats, our dogs and even our goldfishes.

Why do you want to try to make it more than that?

Why is your ego so huge-- your need to fell "special" so great, that you are unsatisfied with what we see?

Why try to put glitter onto the orchids? Why try to paint gold stripes on the wild zebras?

Are not they simply amazing as they are?

But you want ... MORE... and >>MORE<< and >>>>>MOORREEE <<<<

When does it stop? When you try to imagine you are a GOD?

There is no reason to believe in magic/spiritual woo.

None.

Isn't the world enough?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8236 Apr 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...point taken ...But, I believe the bet "was" whether or not "I" responded ..So.....??..Now, things are awkward , as I kinda splurged at the Dollar Store ...and now, I kinda need that money ...!!!!
Then here's a million Internet Dollars... feel free to spend them anyway you can...

.. assuming you can find someone who will honor Internet Dollars, that is...

... good luck with that one...

<heh>

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8237 Apr 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The Israelites ,(many) at this time were immolating their children in worship of Baal ..God was not pleased ...hence, the "threat" .."I'm going, to starve you to death ".....!!!..
You don't own any "fish" ...???...because, eating your young is more prevalent, than "I" imagined ..(triple exclamation point)
Yeah, this pisses me off ...It's so straight forward ..(Matthew 5:18..For truly I tell you until Heaven and Earth disappear not the smallest letter ,not the least stroke of a pen ,will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished "..........
But, It turns "out" I'm told ...Jesus is the end all be all , so when He died ..everything was accomplished .....the (Mosaic) Law "disappeared"...
This "reads" too much like a..Deus ex Machina (a god introduced by means of a crane )...
Starve them to death? No, no, no, several places in the buybull your weasel god passes the buck, he rigs it so others take the blame, for his actions. He is gonna send your enemies to besiege you so that in time and with enough desperation you will be forced to eat your children or die. That is not what I am referring to.

In one scripture the myth-god owns it, he says and he says it without any buffers between him and you. No passing the buck, on this one. Piss him off, and you will eat your children.
Leviticus 26:29
The rest of your post ... pure bullshit, the product of a fractured mind.

Las Vegas, NV

#8239 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't buy it: did god's angels have free will, then?
Apparently they did-- some chose--using their free will--to rebel.
So having god knock up your front door in no way interferes with free will.
More: Adam & Eve spoke directly with god-- did not interfere with free will.
More: Moses spoke directly with god-- did not interfere with free will.
So your argument does not work.
I'm almost as familiar with these characters ,as you are ..And, I fail to see any coercion or compunction ....

On, a second note , these cats ..already believe in God (so Him communicating with them really doesn't change them ..)

Las Vegas, NV

#8240 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>

Who knows? According to the theory, it was already present when the universe started to rapidly expand.
But ASSuming that a magical god-being was responsible?
Is just... irresponsible...
... why?
Because that raises an infinite number of additional questions, and answers ... exactly one--- and even then?
It doesn't answer it very well-- it just says "magic"
That really doesn't say anything useful, does it?
Well, "no" when you put it like that , but the converse is "random chance" that these cosmic strings just behave like a well oiled clock ..

And, that doesn't answer "where did "matter" come from ..??"

Las Vegas, NV

#8241 Apr 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Starve them to death? No, no, no, several places in the buybull your weasel god passes the buck, he rigs it so others take the blame, for his actions. He is gonna send your enemies to besiege you so that in time and with enough desperation you will be forced to eat your children or die. That is not what I am referring to.
In one scripture the myth-god owns it, he says and he says it without any buffers between him and you. No passing the buck, on this one. Piss him off, and you will eat your children.
Leviticus 26:29
The rest of your post ... pure bullshit, the product of a fractured mind.
..26:29..Eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters : extreme famine in cities under siege often forced their inhabitants to such dire means of subsistence ...

(hey, I thought you rural folk ...actually found some worth in "bull shit" cow patties .....So, Are you complimenting me or insulting me ....???..)

Las Vegas, NV

#8242 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Why does there need to be more?
Isn't this enough?
Isn't this one life-- this one accidental amalgam of molecules that makes up the one we call self?
We live in the best of times, by historical records: we live twice as long as our great-greats did.
Just by the accident of being alive ... >>today<< we are granted two times the lifespan to love our cats, our dogs and even our goldfishes.
Why do you want to try to make it more than that?
Why is your ego so huge-- your need to fell "special" so great, that you are unsatisfied with what we see?
Why try to put glitter onto the orchids? Why try to paint gold stripes on the wild zebras?
Are not they simply amazing as they are?
But you want ... MORE... and >>MORE<< and >>>>>MOORREEE <<<<
When does it stop? When you try to imagine you are a GOD?
There is no reason to believe in magic/spiritual woo.
None.
Isn't the world enough?
..You write like a fairly successful white American ...Bless your heart ..

But, the life outside our borders ,not so easy and usually not so long ..

Earth,TX

#8243 Apr 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..26:29..Eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters : extreme famine in cities under siege often forced their inhabitants to such dire means of subsistence ...
(hey, I thought you rural folk ...actually found some worth in "bull shit" cow patties .....So, Are you complimenting me or insulting me ....???..)
Why don't you try reading it. No famine, no siege, not this time. In extreme situations, parents die, and sacrifice their food for the children, but the buybull god knows nothing of parenting. A cow pie, does have value, you I'd think, don't have quite as much as that.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#8244 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Then here's a million Internet Dollars... feel free to spend them anyway you can...
.. assuming you can find someone who will honor Internet Dollars, that is...
... good luck with that one...
<heh>
Careful, bitcoins do exist and are recognized by many people.

http://bitcoin.org/en/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8246 Apr 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I'm almost as familiar with these characters ,as you are ..And, I fail to see any coercion or compunction ....
So you agree--they had free will, IN SPITE OF knowing that the god they worship is real?
number four wrote:
On, a second note , these cats ..already believe in God (so Him communicating with them really doesn't change them ..)
Doesn't matter-- they KNEW, without any faith, that their god was real-- yet they STILL had free will.

KNOWING as apart from faith, does not eliminate free will.

Your argument is bogus.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8247 Apr 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well, "no" when you put it like that , but the converse is "random chance" that these cosmic strings just behave like a well oiled clock ..
Really?

You demonstrate your extreme lack of education, with respect to the greater cosmos, and also with respect to sub-atomic processes.

They are anything BUT "well oiled clock".

They behave exactly as random things would-- especially at the sub-atomic level, where EVERYTHING is based on statistics and probability.
number four wrote:
And, that doesn't answer "where did "matter" come from ..??"
So?

An answer of "do not know" is WAY better than a convenient lie (as in godditit)

Why?

Because "do not know" allows for trying to find out.

Exactly the opposite of "goddidit" with stops any and all questions cold.
Lincoln

United States

#8248 Apr 24, 2013
^
11,456 posts all with the same atheist nonsense, LOL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8249 Apr 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You write like a fairly successful white American ...Bless your heart ..
But, the life outside our borders ,not so easy and usually not so long ..
... true. But even then? The life is still better than even 100 years ago.

More and more of the so-called "third world" is feeling the "blessings" of first world technology.

For example, many smaller countries who did not have any personal communications to speak of? Skipped the wired-telephone thing entirely, and have jumped directly to wireless cell phones. It's much easier to set up a generator-run cell tower, than it is to string wires. And a solar-powered charger for the phones? Viola! You have 3rd world wireless personal communication almost overnight.

So things are not nearly as grim as you say...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8250 Apr 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, bitcoins do exist and are recognized by many people.
http://bitcoin.org/en/
:)

I was referring to a South Park episode, where they specifically use the word "internet dollars".

Earth,TX

#8251 Apr 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
^
11,456 posts all with the same atheist nonsense, LOL.
I doubt that you have found any atheist poster with over 11,000 posts of an unvarying content. Nor will you have found a thread of that nature either. You can look to the theist for that crap, you know it, and we know it to be true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8252 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>I doubt that you have found any atheist poster with over 11,000 posts of an unvarying content. Nor will you have found a thread of that nature either. You can look to the theist for that crap, you know it, and we know it to be true.
Indeed. I passed 70,000 posts, and I missed that milestone.

:)
Lincoln

United States

#8253 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>I doubt that you have found any atheist poster with over 11,000 posts of an unvarying content. Nor will you have found a thread of that nature either. You can look to the theist for that crap, you know it, and we know it to be true.
Atheists are positive that there is no afterlife

yet they spend that only life on threads,

Irony

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8254 Apr 24, 2013
Ironic: someone making a comment, complaining about people making comments in the same thread....

.... irony meter blew a 50 amp fuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min polymath257 237,662
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 283
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 18,433
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 7 hr thetruth 23
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 1,979
News The Consequences of Atheism 7 hr thetruth 1,249
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr thetruth 6,715
More from around the web