Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8200 Apr 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..This is good ...(except , the part where you make belief ..sound like a delusion..)
Belief >>is<< a delusion.

Unless you have... proof?

No?

Delusion it is, then.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8201 Apr 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You are correct , there has been plethora of religious and spiritual disciplines through out the ages ...
Can "not" this suggest that mankind has a real and definite "spiritual need"...(We were actually worshiping nature and heavenly bodies at one time ...)
You can call it worshipping, but we all know better.

It was and still is, all about trying to appease the thing that men feared(thunder, lightening, a bump in the night). Now, it is more for show than anything else, even the believer isn't really, a believer.

Seriously, not one of you believes that you should not wear mixed fibers, not one of you worries that it will keep him out of hell, and that is because the believers are not believers, they are willing to make the claim, but they will not play the bible game. Have you ever considered that if your neighbors really lived as the buybull directs, you would be stoned to death, immediately?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8202 Apr 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief >>is<< a delusion.
Unless you have... proof?
No?
Delusion it is, then.
..yeah, this thing about "empirical" proof ...is a faulty concept ...You love your cat (I'll call him Fluffy)...prove it ..!!..can you show me genetic material or C.A.T. scans that "prove" you love Fluffy....

I believe the atheists is the delusional party ; How can we get something from nothing (the cosmos)..??

How is there motion in matter ..when an object at rest ,tends to remain at rest .....??...There is an outside player ,this is evident ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8203 Apr 21, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You can call it worshipping, but we all know better.
It was and still is, all about trying to appease the thing that men feared(thunder, lightening, a bump in the night). Now, it is more for show than anything else, even the believer isn't really, a believer.
Seriously, not one of you believes that you should not wear mixed fibers, not one of you worries that it will keep him out of hell, and that is because the believers are not believers, they are willing to make the claim, but they will not play the bible game. Have you ever considered that if your neighbors really lived as the buybull directs, you would be stoned to death, immediately?
Jesus did away with the Mosaic Laws , you "can" find Jewish communities in Israel and New York that still practice these laws ...but, Christians do not ..

fear of lighting ....PISH POSH...That did not make man believe the Moon and Nature were divine/sacred ..it is because you are mistaken ,the natural state of man is "not" atheism ..but, worship ..( We were created to worship , and every society has their divine and dark spiritual beings )...DEAL WITH IT ....!!!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8204 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah, this thing about "empirical" proof ...is a faulty concept ...You love your cat (I'll call him Fluffy)...prove it ..!!..can you show me genetic material or C.A.T. scans that "prove" you love Fluffy....
I believe the atheists is the delusional party ; How can we get something from nothing (the cosmos)..??
How is there motion in matter ..when an object at rest ,tends to remain at rest .....??...There is an outside player ,this is evident ...
you're an idiot who:

a) Hassent proven his god

b) doesn't know when to shut the f*ck up about atheists.

creationist piece of sh*t troll
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8205 Apr 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
you're an idiot who:
a) Hassent proven his god
b) doesn't know when to shut the f*ck up about atheists.
creationist piece of sh*t troll
..God is not going to come to your door some morning and, introduce Himself ..

He will not break His promise ....You have been given free will .."Do not continue in your unbelief ; but believe"..John 20:27

Why, are you atheists so hurtful and unkind ...I understand people bully because at your cores you people are insecure ..???

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8206 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah, this thing about "empirical" proof ...is a faulty concept ...You love your cat (I'll call him Fluffy)...prove it ..!!..can you show me genetic material or C.A.T. scans that "prove" you love Fluffy....
I can easily demonstrate chemical changes, and PET scans in a living brain, when a person is feeling love. It is a measurable phenomena; moreover, I can demonstrate behavioral changes in people who are in love, in direct contrast to people who are not.

These things are easily measured-- you just have to use your brains a bit (something you seem unwilling to do).
number four wrote:
No atheist or scientist claims this. Go back to high school and pay attention this time, to what the theory of the Big Bang really says. "something from nothing" is not it.

But "something from nothing-- with magic" >>is<< what your bible claims....
number four wrote:
Really? If it's evident--then you have some evidence?

No?

Hmmmm... claims without evidence seems to be your standard tactic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8207 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did away with the Mosaic Laws ,
Really?

Where? >>exactly<< where did Jesus do that?

Give me a biblical quote that agrees with your unsupported claim.

In fact? As you go looking-- you will find NO WHERE that Jesus absolved you of ALL the old Jewish laws.

Quite the opposite-- there are several places where he insisted that you must follow them all.

This ought to be good-- whatever you come up with, here, that is.

But I'll bet you $10 that you won't even try... and you'll just ignore this question instead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8208 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..God is not going to come to your door some morning and, introduce Himself ..
Why not?

That would be the >>decent<< thing he could do-- and the very >>least<< he could do, too-- and still be called Just.

Without that?

He is correctly called UNJUST.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8209 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
Why, are you atheists so hurtful and unkind ...I understand people bully because at your cores you people are insecure ..???
You would be cranky too, if you were threatened with murder, simply because you refuse to drink the Jesus-Juice™.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8210 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not?
That would be the >>decent<< thing he could do-- and the very >>least<< he could do, too-- and still be called Just.
Without that?
He is correctly called UNJUST.
..but, where would our free will ..be then ..??..this way "is" better ,and we can assert ,God is just ...!!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8211 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You would be cranky too, if you were threatened with murder, simply because you refuse to drink the Jesus-Juice™.
..yeah..I know , my apologies atheist friends ...only "some" have low self-esteem ("Bob of quantum-faith"..."-S keptic-"..."Reason Personified")...or, maybe ..they're just immature, as I am ...and, I freely admit ..I abuse "anonymity"

So, "Bob" why are you a bully ...??...you feel that you are a victim ..??....sad..(but, expected)..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8212 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
In fact? As you go looking-- you will find NO WHERE that Jesus absolved you of ALL the old Jewish laws.
Quite the opposite-- there are several places where he insisted that you must follow them all.
But I'll bet you $10 that you won't even try... and you'll just ignore this question instead.
YOU GOT..ME...!!..Where do I send the money..??
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8213 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
..nah, I'm just joshing ..(ten bucks)..I don't want to take your your entire check ...** Matthew 11:28 ** For my yoke is easy ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8214 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I can easily demonstrate chemical changes, and PET scans in a living brain, when a person is feeling love. It is a measurable phenomena; moreover, I can demonstrate behavioral changes in people who are in love, in direct contrast to people who are not.
These things are easily measured-- you just have to use your brains a bit (something you seem unwilling to do).
<quoted text>
No atheist or scientist claims this. Go back to high school and pay attention this time, to what the theory of the Big Bang really says. "something from nothing" is not it.
But "something from nothing-- with magic" >>is<< what your bible claims....
<quoted text>
Really? If it's evident--then you have some evidence?
No?
Hmmmm... claims without evidence seems to be your standard tactic.
..anyways , you have have "no" empirical proof that you love Fluffy ...

yeah, the big bang ...where did this material come from ...(a black hole)..where did "that" material ..COME FROM..???

.. >> REASON <<.. asserts , the existence of a Creator ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8215 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..but, where would our free will ..be then ..??..this way "is" better ,and we can assert ,God is just ...!!
I don't buy it: did god's angels have free will, then?

Apparently they did-- some chose--using their free will--to rebel.

So having god knock up your front door in no way interferes with free will.

More: Adam & Eve spoke directly with god-- did not interfere with free will.

More: Moses spoke directly with god-- did not interfere with free will.

So your argument does not work.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8216 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yeah..I know , my apologies atheist friends ...only "some" have low self-esteem ("Bob of quantum-faith"..."-S keptic-"..."Reason Personified")...or, maybe ..they're just immature, as I am ...and, I freely admit ..I abuse "anonymity"
So, "Bob" why are you a bully ...??...you feel that you are a victim ..??....sad..(but, expected)..
Am I a bully? No. I just tell the truth.

If you think that is being a bully, then that's too bad.

As for self esteem? If had low self esteem, I'd hardly be out in public, would I?

In any case, I don't have self image issues. Perhaps you are just projecting here---it's common enough.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8217 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..nah, I'm just joshing ..(ten bucks)..I don't want to take your your entire check ...** Matthew 11:28 ** For my yoke is easy ..
Nope. I know that one: "my yoke is easy, my burden is light".

Nice-- but says nothing at all about ignoring 100% of the old Jewish rules.

In fact? Jesus specifically commands that you MUST follow them all...

... do you know where? There are two places.

One is where he speaks of the greatest two commandments, but in no way absolves you of keeping the others.

The other is where he speaks of fulfilling Jewish law...

... fulfilling-- that's also not saying to just ignore them.

I'll leave it up to you to find the exact addresses... it'll be good for you-- you clearly don't read you bible that much.

Hmmmm.

You lose.

Again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8218 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..anyways , you have have "no" empirical proof that you love Fluffy ...
Actually? I have empirical proof-- on a weekly basis. The fact that I willingly empty his stinky litter box's cache?

That right there is empirical evidence that I care. If I did not care? I'd just let it go...

You are not very good at this debate thing, are you?
number four wrote:
yeah, the big bang ...where did this material come from ...(a black hole)..where did "that" material ..COME FROM..???
Who knows? According to the theory, it was already present when the universe started to rapidly expand.

But ASSuming that a magical god-being was responsible?

Is just... irresponsible...

... why?

Because that raises an infinite number of additional questions, and answers ... exactly one--- and even then?

It doesn't answer it very well-- it just says "magic"

That really doesn't say anything useful, does it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8219 Apr 21, 2013
number four wrote:
Nope.

You are just claiming "magic".

That is rather the opposite of reason.

You may as well claim Harry Potter *poofed* it with his wand...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Science 78,476
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 32,431
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 1,314
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web