Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7964 Apr 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it is-- for this? You can thank True Believers™ and their constant obedience to ancient bronze-age mythology.
The reason why modern slavery is rampant today, is because of political leaders fighting against modern ideas of equal pay, reasonable work hours, safety in the workplace, health care for workers, fair representation of the workers, etc, etc, etc.
You know: all that "liberal" stuff you True Believers™ hate so very, very much.
This is because you idiots keep electing ReThuglicans--- who do not give the slightest care for YOU.
Proof is in the pudding: ReThuglicans have, in the past 20 years or so, ONLY cared about the top 1%-- the richest of the rich.
And so, labor laws get curtailed, as do workers' rights, reasonable hours, reasonable wages, etc, etc, etc.
All the while, the ReThugs promise empty air, pressing you idiot's hot buttons all the while-- and you lap it up, and you keep re-electing these top 1% lovers.
Are abortions illegal yet? No. An empty promise.
Do women still have the right to vote? Yes. Another empty promise.
Is there a National Christian Religion? Nope. Empty promise.
Are guns completely regulation-free? Nope. Empty promise.
Is Creationism taught in school? Nope. Empty promise.
Is being gay, illegal and punishable by imprisonment or death? Nope. Empty promise-- in fact? In several states, gays are not only free-- they can marry other gays!
In short? ALL of the "promises" ReThuglicans make to the stupid people who keep voting for them?
ALL are unfulfilled.
Empty.
Promises.
But thanks to True Believers™ such as yourself?
We have virtual slavery, we have sh7t wages, we have mostly PART-TIME jobs, we have NO TAXES on corporation's obscene profiteering. We have filth spewing from the factories--polluting the land (Arkansas pipeline, anyone?)
And so on.
Talk to the hand...
...I didn't really expect "you" to be one , who cries "victim hood"...

I wish I could feel sorry for you ..but, I've my own problems ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7965 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.
Or so many folk claim.
Yet?
If you look out at the world, and you ask your average random person?
The majority of folk tend to agree on a few basics:
*** people ought to have daily food, regardless of their social status
*** children need to be protected, while they >>are<< children
*** people ought to have reasonable shelter, for sleeping if nothing else
*** children ought to be educated while they >>are<< children
*** reasonable, basic medical care out to be reasonably cheap--or free even
*** people ought to be able to expect reasonable sanitary measures for dealing with sewage-- in such a way it does not permit sewage-based diseases to run wild
*** people ought not to be enslaved
----------
These ideas? Are basic to nearly all cultures-- sure, in some the definition of the word "people" is often a relative one.
And that last sometimes needs addressing, such that the word "people" is expanded to include everybody, and not just a select few-- we humans are working on that one.
But.
Things that damage any and/or all of the above? Can reasonably be expected to be considered....
.... evil.
No gods needed or wanted--
-- in fact? If you DO introduce "god" into the above?
You pretty much have to strip away many of the above too...
Your social awareness is laudable ...but, who pray tell is going to "pay" for these ...???

...I'm sure you wish to gouge the rich ....in the global world ..That means "you"..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7966 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So what? Not all that long ago, "most" people thought the world was a flat disc, supported by .... something.
Reality is NOT a popularity contest.
If your Jesus DID EXIST? He certainly wasn't very note-worthy, was he?
Nope-- because THERE IS NOTHING WRITTEN DOWN WHILE HE WAS ALIVE.
Especially nothing contained in your bible...!
As I said? He wasn't noteworthy-- AT ALL.
Kinda odd, if he was a GOD....!
..The World "looks" flat ...but, even ancients saw the shadow the earth cast on the moon ...and realized Earth was round ..

I'm sure Jesus can give a flying f**k at a rolling donut ,as to whether or not ,He won any popularity contests ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7967 Apr 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists invented sin - your mental illness has nothing to do with atheists.
In the real world, inventing sin is just an excuse for you theists to behave like the judgemental pr*cks you have proven yourselves to be.
....Dear; Godless Heathens ....Is it okay to spit on a cross..???

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7968 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Most people accept Jesus as a historical figure ,that there is a dearth of Him in official records ....Is quite moot ,now..
2) Each and every case where a life/lives are preserved "You can point to the activities of ...PEOPLE........(And)...just good ole' dumb ..>> LUCK <<..
2a) Ergo, We really can "not" say how often God has shielded us from harm ...
Not the best logic. You're obfuscating your god to the point of meaninglessness. If his actions can always be explained through the actions of a living, breathing person, then why go the extra step and infer the existence of a deity pulling the strings when we can just stop at the person?

And the issue of jesus's historicity is certainly still debatable. Is there any other person for whom there is no mention in the historical record that it is reasonable to accept as fact?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7969 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So.
From your statement(s) above?
Your god is....
.... SELECTIVE on whom he "saves" and whom he KILLS???
Wow.
That is truly EVIL, bub!
Seriously! That is literally, in the very definition of EVIL:
In that MOST of the time, your god simply sits back and lets people...
.... DIE.
For no reason, other than that he can....!
Wow.
If that's how you truly feel ,..then, maybe "you" should get on his good side ..eh..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7970 Apr 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not the best logic. You're obfuscating your god to the point of meaninglessness. If his actions can always be explained through the actions of a living, breathing person, then why go the extra step and infer the existence of a deity pulling the strings when we can just stop at the person?
And the issue of jesus's historicity is certainly still debatable. Is there any other person for whom there is no mention in the historical record that it is reasonable to accept as fact?
A)..If God uses the same laws as He gives to men...then, it makes perfect sense ..i.e. President Obama is our leader , why has he not called me to tell me what I need to be doing ...???

B)Sure..!!!...That guy that invented the wheel ...we "all" know about him ...but, we don't know his name ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7971 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So?
That's hardly a god now, is it?
LMAO!
..Spirits..exist in the supernatural ..Are, you insinuating that an atheist culture can "accept" spirits ..???

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7972 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A)..If God uses the same laws as He gives to men...then, it makes perfect sense ..i.e. President Obama is our leader , why has he not called me to tell me what I need to be doing ...???
B)Sure..!!!...That guy that invented the wheel ...we "all" know about him ...but, we don't know his name ...
Not a good example. The wheel's very existence does not hinge upon whether or not it's inventor existed - his identity doesn't matter. Christianity hinges on whether or not jesus existed.

I don't understand how your obama analogy relates to what I was saying.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7973 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Your social awareness is laudable ...but, who pray tell is going to "pay" for these ...???
...I'm sure you wish to gouge the rich ....in the global world ..That means "you"..
Well, if we stop wasting huge chunks of cash-money on no-bid government contracts to cronyism? That right there would cover most of it.

Thanks, Cheny.

Another way we can raise the money? Is make everyone pay the same, flat rate on their income--with no exceptions allowed. This would be on gross income.

That would raise the rest.

Still another way to get the budget balanced? Eliminate all tax-free status for churches-- it's about time we quit funding these giant, bloated parasites.

But hey, I'm not without some compassion: cap the tax-free to churches with an annual budget over one million. This way all the pathetic little do-nothing useless tiny flea-churches are unaffected. Their minute incomes are inconsequential anyhow.

That leaves the giant, mega-churches the majority of which are incorporated too... tax the heck outta these hypocrites.

And there you have it: paid for and then some.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7974 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Your social awareness is laudable ...but, who pray tell is going to "pay" for these ...???
And there is yet another way to pay for this, without changing anything tax-related.

Eliminate the stupid and not-working "war on drugs".

Just stop.

Legalize all the affected drugs in question, with nice, generic safe government approved alternatives-- leave the buzz in, naturally, but try to strip out the addiction factor.

With the influx of cheap, safe alternatives? The illegal street drugs will drop to manageable levels, and the majority of major crime groups will find themselves without income.... making a mess of South America, but hey-- can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs...

... meanwhile, the huge cash-surplus you will get from all of this? Part of it-- a small fraction-- goes into free drug-rehab clinics, available everywhere. No restrictions of any kind to anyone who wants help-- as often as they need/want.

Benefits? Crime goes down-- waaaay down. Prison populations drop too... waaaaay down.

Those that really want out? Get the help they need, no charge--cheaper than putting them in jail too. Much cheaper-- and if the rehab works? They return to good little productive citizens.

Those that cannot manage to quit? Get cheap drugs until they die. No need to commit crime to fuel their habit, either. A win-win for everyone.

Within a few generations, the genetic tendency to be addicted will be drastically reduced from the gene pool, in a natural, humane process ... automatically, without fuss or muss.

Nobody has to go to jail. Money is saved.

Lots and LOTS and lots of money is saved--

-- allowing those free rehab clinics to be expanded to absolutely free basic medical care for everyone and anyone who wants/needs it.

Even immigrants. Atheists too.

And you would STILL have money left over to balance the federal budget....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7975 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The World "looks" flat ...but, even ancients saw the shadow the earth cast on the moon ...and realized Earth was round ..
It only looks flat, if you shut off your brain-- as religion teaches you to do.

The bible clearly describes the earth as a flat round disc... but with 4 "corners", held up by 4 pillars...(up from...what? bible doesn't say....)

And since the bible is the ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY according to religion?

Anyone who questions this, gets killed. Or worse.

So anyone who observed the obvious: watching a ship sail away over the horizon is one >>empiric<< example of around world...

... if you are not deathly afraid of pointing out the bible is...

... wrong...
number four wrote:
I'm sure Jesus can give a flying f**k at a rolling donut ,as to whether or not ,He won any popularity contests ..
Jesus never existed, so it hardly matters.

But.

If he DID?

He was pretty much a narcissist. He >>demanded<< exclusive adoration to the point of fanaticism.

So, if he was real? Yeah-- he damn right cared if he was popular-- in fact, he would've insisted on it.

Or he'd kill your sorry azz....

.... just like his daddy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7976 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....Dear; Godless Heathens ....Is it okay to spit on a cross..???
Why not?

What's your god gonna do?

Strike me with ... lightning? LMAO!

I challenged your do-nothing god YEARS ago...

... no lightning.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7977 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If that's how you truly feel ,..then, maybe "you" should get on his good side ..eh..?
Threatening an atheist with "god's punishment" is >>exactly<< like threatening an adult with "Santa won't bring you presents".

Exactly the same.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7978 Apr 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Spirits..exist in the supernatural ..Are, you insinuating that an atheist culture can "accept" spirits ..???
Some do.

The only requirement to be an atheist, is to not believe in gods.

That's it.

As for myself? I have strong doubts there are any such thing as "spirits".

Apart from the ones you occasionally detect, after a heavy meal of Mexican food ....

... naturally.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7979 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a good example. The wheel's very existence does not hinge upon whether or not it's inventor existed - his identity doesn't matter. Christianity hinges on whether or not jesus existed.
I don't understand how your obama analogy relates to what I was saying.
A)..okay..Who discovered the number "zero" ..(If that is still ,a poor example)..I may have to concede ,as I don't really know if I can point to a historical figure ,we can reasonably assume existed , yet not found in any texts..

B) As a sovereign leader ,God can reasonably expect those under His authority to obey His dictates ..
B1) Our leaders use "other" men to implement ...."their wills"...Why, not God ..??..If "you" save someone from a fire ..(theists) believe "you" are acting as Gods hands ..

C)When you have children ...will you do "everything" for them ....???...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7980 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not?
What's your god gonna do?
Strike me with ... lightning? LMAO!
I challenged your do-nothing god YEARS ago...
... no lightning.
LMAO!
...I knew you were a Believer ...
Libertarian

London, UK

#7981 Apr 12, 2013
If you've been oppressed for centuries by people making stuff up about a magical being and making you suffer for not believing the same rubbish is it any wonder an atheist would be wary of debating with any religous person not willing to speak with reason and logic.

It would be like poking a lion with a stick.

A brave believer would be willing to admit there is not one iota of historical evidence to support absolutely any religion you care to name.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7982 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
And there is yet another way to pay for this, without changing anything tax-related.
Eliminate the stupid and not-working "war on drugs".
Just stop.
Legalize all the affected drugs in question, with nice, generic safe government approved alternatives-- leave the buzz in, naturally, but try to strip out the addiction factor.
With the influx of cheap, safe alternatives? The illegal street drugs will drop to manageable levels, and the majority of major crime groups will find themselves without income.... making a mess of South America, but hey-- can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs...
... meanwhile, the huge cash-surplus you will get from all of this? Part of it-- a small fraction-- goes into free drug-rehab clinics, available everywhere. No restrictions of any kind to anyone who wants help-- as often as they need/want.
Benefits? Crime goes down-- waaaay down. Prison populations drop too... waaaaay down.
Those that really want out? Get the help they need, no charge--cheaper than putting them in jail too. Much cheaper-- and if the rehab works? They return to good little productive citizens.
Those that cannot manage to quit? Get cheap drugs until they die. No need to commit crime to fuel their habit, either. A win-win for everyone.
Within a few generations, the genetic tendency to be addicted will be drastically reduced from the gene pool, in a natural, humane process ... automatically, without fuss or muss.
Nobody has to go to jail. Money is saved.
Lots and LOTS and lots of money is saved--
-- allowing those free rehab clinics to be expanded to absolutely free basic medical care for everyone and anyone who wants/needs it.
Even immigrants. Atheists too.
And you would STILL have money left over to balance the federal budget....
..Most citizens believe drugs are harmful ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#7983 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
It only looks flat, if you shut off your brain-- as religion teaches you to do.
The bible clearly describes the earth as a flat round disc... but with 4 "corners", held up by 4 pillars...(up from...what? bible doesn't say....)
And since the bible is the ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY according to religion?
Anyone who questions this, gets killed. Or worse.
So anyone who observed the obvious: watching a ship sail away over the horizon is one >>empiric<< example of around world...
... if you are not deathly afraid of pointing out the bible is...
... wrong...
<quoted text>
Jesus never existed, so it hardly matters.
But.
If he DID?
He was pretty much a narcissist. He >>demanded<< exclusive adoration to the point of fanaticism.
So, if he was real? Yeah-- he damn right cared if he was popular-- in fact, he would've insisted on it.
Or he'd kill your sorry azz....
.... just like his daddy.
A)The Bible was written centuries ago , kinda before the era of advanced technology
and discovery ...

B) well, my understanding is when they "tried" to make Jesus King , He'd escape ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Subduction Zone 61,050
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr yehoshooah adam 2,641
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 28,308
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 20 hr Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mon Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
More from around the web