Atheism and cowardice

There are 20 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Lincoln

United States

#7772 Apr 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? You are lying yet again-- under Genuine Christianity™, only the LEADERS enjoyed peace, liberty and prosperity-- ON THE BACKS OF EVERYONE ELSE.
We already have seen History, when Genuine Christianity™ was in charge: it was called The Dark Ages.
Twas an ugly time to be alive-- unless you were one of the aforementioned leaders, of course.
So no-- you are sadly mistaken.
Comforting is the knowledge that atheists are make no progress in America

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7773 Apr 1, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Comforting is the knowledge that atheists are make no progress in America
Hey, Space Cadet, open your eyes. Life is so much more than you are acknowledging. After we grow up, we understand that even the things we are not looking at, still exist. Peek-a-boo time is over, even with your hands over your face, we atheist are moving forward in our lives, in our careers and in our communities. Get used to it!

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7774 Apr 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Immoral creationist liar who doesn't know when to shut the f up.
You need to get out of the city , camp under the stars ..and, then question whether or not a God exists ..

something , else to ponder ..Jesus wasn't very popular in life , He didn't leave behind any writings , all His apostles were executed ...And, yet "we" name our children 'Peter'..'Mary'..'Joseph'..'Ma rk'..(etc)....and, "we" name our dogs 'Caesar'..'Nero'..'Attila'..'P haraoh'....

Why, do you think that is ...????

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#7775 Apr 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Immoral creationist liar who doesn't know when to shut the f up.
You still haven't learned how to shut the f up, why should we?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7776 Apr 1, 2013
number four wrote:
You need to get out of the city , camp under the stars ..and, then question whether or not a God exists ..
Argument from ignorance.
number four wrote:
Christian privilege.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7777 Apr 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..As, I said before ..."History is written by the Victors" ...
I'm sure a through historian may get lucky and find first hand accounts ...but, my feeling is "most" history is really just fiction with the odd fact thrown in ...
LMAO!

Seriously?

And how do you suppose the "victors" WRITE it?

Using magic? Do they gaze into magical crystal balls, to view the near-past, and write what they saw?

Oh, my! You are as uneducated as it is possible to be, and still manage to two-finger a post on Topix....

LOL!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#7779 Apr 1, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
In some areas of the world, science takes a front seat, whether for mankind's benefit or not.(Things are tough for many, many people now throughout the world.)
However, I would like to bring out that during the Middle Ages, Islamic scientific endeavors were outstanding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_in_the_m...
Quite true. Islamic culture had a period of enlightenment that has now sadly passed, eclipsed by xenophobia and extremism.

Las Vegas, NV

#7780 Apr 2, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument from ignorance.
<quoted text>
Christian privilege.
.."Christian privilege"...This is how a nobody , with no money ..Becomes one of the most honored and loved of all mankind ..........I'd say this proves Divine Will ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7781 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Seriously?
And how do you suppose the "victors" WRITE it?
Using magic? Do they gaze into magical crystal balls, to view the near-past, and write what they saw?
Oh, my! You are as uneducated as it is possible to be, and still manage to two-finger a post on Topix....
LOL!
..History is "not" fact ...i.e) "The American Civil War" ..a.k.a.. "The War of Northern Aggression"..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7782 Apr 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."Christian privilege"...This is how a nobody , with no money ..Becomes one of the most honored and loved of all mankind ..........I'd say this proves Divine Will ...
Who? You are delusional-- you didn't name this ... ahem... "honored of all mankind"

So that pretty much proves you are simply making it up as you go along.

What [lies] Would Jesus Make Up?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7783 Apr 2, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..History is "not" fact ...i.e) "The American Civil War" ..a.k.a.. "The War of Northern Aggression"..
Duuuuuhhhh....

But you still have no clue how history gets written. Do you?

LMAO!

Who Would Jesus Lie To?

Las Vegas, NV

#7784 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Duuuuuhhhh....
But you still have no clue how history gets written. Do you?
LMAO!
Who Would Jesus Lie To?
We have written documents , personal diaries ,personal letters , Government and Church records , census records and if we are lucky oral traditions ..........viola....History..!!

Las Vegas, NV

#7785 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Who? You are delusional-- you didn't name this ... ahem... "honored of all mankind"
So that pretty much proves you are simply making it up as you go along.
What [lies] Would Jesus Make Up?
..You will never find anything comparable to this Jesus ...His continued presence is "inexplicable" ..He had no pelf ,wrote nothing and held no political power ....yet, when you Heathens feel sharp pain or a sudden loss of wealth (smash a finger/or break a window)...you cry out His name ....
Thinking

Staines, UK

#7786 Apr 3, 2013
A viola is a string instrument, you dozy Poe.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>We have written documents , personal diaries ,personal letters , Government and Church records , census records and if we are lucky oral traditions ..........viola....History..!!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#7787 Apr 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....yet, when you Heathens feel sharp pain or a sudden loss of wealth (smash a finger/or break a window)...you cry out His name ....
Thats only social conditioning. There are hindus, buddhists, muslims and others, who have different saviours.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#7788 Apr 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You will never find anything comparable to this Jesus ...His continued presence is "inexplicable" ..He had no pelf ,wrote nothing and held no political power ....yet, when you Heathens feel sharp pain or a sudden loss of wealth (smash a finger/or break a window)...you cry out His name ....
Actually I have witnessed that before. I have seen atheists, agnostic, non-theists beg for forgiveness when their lives were coming to an end. Strangest thing I've ever seen but it did happen. Of course people will contest this but I did happen. I'm not saying all if them would do that but I'm sure some if them will.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7789 Apr 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..As, I said before ..."History is written by the Victors" ...
I'm sure a through historian may get lucky and find first hand accounts ...but, my feeling is "most" history is really just fiction with the odd fact thrown in ...
It is actually quite common to have historical accounts from both sides of a conflict. You see, it is very rare for the 'victors' to completely destroy the 'vanquished'. Much more common is that a few battles are fought and each goes and writes the history to serve their purposes.

Now, all history is written with definite *biases*: cultural, political, philosophical, etc. That means a historian must be *very* careful about the interpretation of any writings, even 'first hand accounts'.

An easy example is the one you gave: the 'Civil War' vs the 'War of Northern Aggression'. Both names are clearly biased and convey a particular political view of the conflict. But, both views still agree that there was a war, that certain battles were fought, etc. There are many facts on which even the biased viewpoints are based. Generally speaking, one should be very cautious about claims of who started a conflict: the various sides will often disagree strongly about this. It is common for one side to present a battle as significant while the other side portrays it as a minor skirmish. Guess which side lost?

So yes, history is biased; each side presents its view of what happened and views it through the lens of its own culture, philosophy, politics, etc. But that doesn't mean that it is all fiction. There are still many facts that can be teased out of the biased accounts of the different sides.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7790 Apr 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get out of the city , camp under the stars ..and, then question whether or not a God exists ..
I love being out on a clear, dark night under the stars. And I also know that doesn't show that a deity exists.
something , else to ponder ..Jesus wasn't very popular in life , He didn't leave behind any writings , all His apostles were executed ...And, yet "we" name our children 'Peter'..'Mary'..'Joseph'..'Ma rk'..(etc)....and, "we" name our dogs 'Caesar'..'Nero'..'Attila'..'P haraoh'....
Cultural biases? We are part of a culture whose history is steeped in the Christian world view. So it is natural that many of our names are linked with that tradition.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7791 Apr 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You will never find anything comparable to this Jesus ..
Thank goodness for that, nobody wants your mental illness where you believe stuff without proof and have to go around lying about it in order to cover up your own stupidity, instead of being moral and honest.
number four wrote:
His continued presence is "inexplicable" ..He had no pelf ,wrote nothing and held no political power ....yet,
Never existed - part of your mental illness not shared by sane people.
number four wrote:
when you Heathens feel sharp pain or a sudden loss of wealth (smash a finger/or break a window)...you cry out His name ....
Theists trying to win believer with empty threats from their imaginations has never worked ever.

You are sick people who wish hurt on others with your imagination, sick sick people.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7792 Apr 3, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have witnessed that before. I have seen atheists, agnostic, non-theists beg for forgiveness when their lives were coming to an end.
This is coming from a creationist that believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Strangest thing I've ever seen but it did happen.
You don't believe in fossils, so we question everything you've *seen*.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course people will contest this but I did happen.
Of course we'll contest it - you're a proven creationist liar who failed to get into a propoer university and had to settle for the apologist school for failed creationist and philosophy hacks called notre dame.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying all if them would do that but I'm sure some if them will.
You don't have any proof of god, that is your main problem. It is a mental illness, what you suffer from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Uncle Sam 238,383
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Denisova 18,852
News Confessions of a black atheist 16 hr Mikko 475
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun Amused 25
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
More from around the web