Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
7,521 - 7,540 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? You are lying yet again-- under Genuine Christianity™, only the LEADERS enjoyed peace, liberty and prosperity-- ON THE BACKS OF EVERYONE ELSE.
We already have seen History, when Genuine Christianity™ was in charge: it was called The Dark Ages.
Twas an ugly time to be alive-- unless you were one of the aforementioned leaders, of course.
So no-- you are sadly mistaken.
...Medieval times ...those were tough for everybody ....Everywhere...!

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Yet, in spite of your...ahem ... "gracious" claim, you'll find a great many historical people who preferred death, to enslavement...
You have an odd idea of what "humane" really means...
...I don't know of "any" historic event ,where a subjugated populace "mass suicided"....they rebel , run ...or submit ..

unless, you intended to mean forced conversions ...then, yup...many choose death over leaving their faith ..."still" occurs too..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Medieval times ...those were tough for everybody ....Everywhere...!
Who's fault is THAT?

Hmmm?

I mean... the "only god" (as you might describe things) had EVERYONE under his umbrella here.....

... and yet, you freely admit that it was a horrid time to be alive?

Wow.

That means that ANYTIME people put the Xianist-God "in charge", then the world becomes an ugly place.

Wow, again...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I don't know of "any" historic event ,where a subjugated populace "mass suicided"....they rebel , run ...or submit ..
unless, you intended to mean forced conversions ...then, yup...many choose death over leaving their faith ..."still" occurs too..
Did I say suicide? No, I did not--

-- but. Even in relatively modern times, you can read of records where a certain percentage of would-be African slaves, fought their captors to >>death<< rather than allow themselves to become captured.

And even over here in North America, there are a certain percentage of escaped slaves who fought and were killed, rather than re-submitted to enslavement.

But you?

You call that "suicide"....!!!

Wow.

Just.... wow...

... any old excuse to justify your abhorrent attitude...!
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

History is a mystery to the buy bull man

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

<quoted text>

... and yet, you freely admit that it was a horrid time to be alive?
Wow.
...I can defend "this" straw man ...It was a great time to live ..!!...sure medical science and infant mortality ..........kinda crappy ...

but, men understood chivalry ,a word was bond ...and, the rich fully understood it was their "duty" to care for their poor ...

but, I am aware "you" get your history from Hollywood ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Did I say suicide? No, I did not--
-- but. Even in relatively modern times, you can read of records where a certain percentage of would-be African slaves, fought their captors to >>death<< rather than allow themselves to become captured.
And even over here in North America, there are a certain percentage of escaped slaves who fought and were killed, rather than re-submitted to enslavement.
But you?
You call that "suicide"....!!!
Wow.
Just.... wow...
... any old excuse to justify your abhorrent attitude...!
I included "rebellion" .....this is not suicide by my standard ...

time for "you" to admit (privately , of course)....you lack integrity ......

I'm sure you'll throw out "another" straw man ...It's just what you do ...you can't help yourself .

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
History is a mystery to the buy bull man
History was written by the victors ...I know what you limeys say of George Washington ....and, I don't appreciate it one bit..!!!

A "terrorist"...??...M y foot ..!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I can defend "this" straw man ...It was a great time to live ..!!...sure medical science and infant mortality ..........kinda crappy ...
You do not understand what "straw man" really means... do you?

No-- you keep miss-using it, over and over again... sad.

In any case? Unless you were one of the top 1%, and ALSO a Genuine Christian™?

It was a horrid time to be alive, regardless.

Especially if you were Jewish, Gypsy or any other non-Genuine Christian™-- including other branches of christianity that were not recognized as "genuine".

Programs of mass-murder of these "not genuine" people is legendary, and of historical record.

Entire villages pillaged, women raped, crop fields burned--everything razed, and the children either left to starve (if they had not been raped & murdered first) or sold into slavery.

All at the hands of Genuine Christians™ of course, with the blessings from Rome.

So, unless you were one of the 1%? It was a horrid time to be alive.

THAT is the "fruits" of your ugly religion-- when it was given FREE REIGN over everyone.
number four wrote:
but, men understood chivalry ,a word was bond ...and, the rich fully understood it was their "duty" to care for their poor ...
but, I am aware "you" get your history from Hollywood ..
Bullsh7t. 100% bullshyt. You seem to be reading too many Romance novels, here.

Women were property, had NO rights. Children were treated as slaves-- but most died before 12 years.

Lying was commonplace-- the peasants were not considered people-- so lying to them was not dishonorable in the least.

And peasant women? Treated as things-- to be used up and discarded by the top 1%-- it was a horrid time for women most of all.

Your "chivalry" only applied to >>men<< who also were of the top 1%. Same for the "word was bond".

Peasants were not >>real<< people, according to that ugly time-- so there was no need to keep one's word to >>those<< sorts.

Same went for all non-Genuine Christians™-- not really people, so no need to be either honorable OR keep one's word.

You do need to get out more...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>I included "rebellion" .....this is not suicide by my standard ...
time for "you" to admit (privately , of course)....you lack integrity ......
Another word you are quite unfamiliar with: integrity.

Just as you are clueless what "straw man" means...

Why do you keep on making a fool of yourself like this?

Oh!

I >>almost<< forgot... you are one of those Genuine Christians™... you literally cannot help yourself BUT to lie.

So lie is what you do-- it's all that you do.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>History was written by the victors ...I know what you limeys say of George Washington ....and, I don't appreciate it one bit..!!!
Not always. Some histories were written by the losers who managed to escape the tyranny.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

How history is done, I mean....!

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>History was written by the victors ...I know what you limeys say of George Washington ....and, I don't appreciate it one bit..!!!
... I mean, I bet you think there was some sort of magical person who was standing around, "witnessing" historical events, and then writing down and objective record of everything.

Right?

LMAO!

You idiot-- "history" is not that simple. Historians try to re-create what happened, based on a whole host of sources, including diaries, letters, books, journals, judicial records, civic records, artifacts, grave markers, etc, etc, etc.

It's a complex and lengthy process-- IF the historian is interested in objectivity-- but even then? He or she must make MANY interpretations and guesses as to what actually happened.

And wars are the worst-- during wartime, everyone is typically too busy to bother writing anything down at the time.

And human memory being what it is... flawed at >>best<<... all we get later, is best-guesses.

Go back to school-- you obviously flunked out. Twice (at least)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Easter to all.
"Jesus is Risen from the dead"

"By death He conquered death and to those in the grave He granted life"

"Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to Holy Spirit now and forever" Amen.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Shamma wrote:
Happy Easter to all.
"Jesus is Risen from the dead"
"By death He conquered death and to those in the grave He granted life"
"Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to Holy Spirit now and forever" Amen.
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Medieval times ...those were tough for everybody ....Everywhere...!
In some areas of the world, science takes a front seat, whether for mankind's benefit or not.(Things are tough for many, many people now throughout the world.)

However, I would like to bring out that during the Middle Ages, Islamic scientific endeavors were outstanding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_in_the_m...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
In some areas of the world, science takes a front seat, whether for mankind's benefit or not.(Things are tough for many, many people now throughout the world.)
However, I would like to bring out that during the Middle Ages, Islamic scientific endeavors were outstanding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_in_the_m...
In direct contrast to Genuine Christians™ both then and now.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
...Yeah...(F.Y.I)....We try "not" to give Islam too many props in this thread .....

I don't really want to say Islamic endeavors were outstanding ..It was just that European endeavors ...took a nose dive , And , thank God for the Muslims at that time (they kept mankind from going off a precipice .)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Another word you are quite unfamiliar with: integrity.
Just as you are clueless what "straw man" means...
Why do you keep on making a fool of yourself like this?
Oh!
I >>almost<< forgot... you are one of those Genuine Christians™... you literally cannot help yourself BUT to lie.
So lie is what you do-- it's all that you do.
Sad.
...A straw man argument ..."You are attacking positions "you" are claiming "I" hold .."

Can I now , attack this "red equal" coat of arms you are now flying ...

The Government taxes the shit out of us ..(except) Married couples get awesome tax breaks , gay couples do not ...This is legitimate and defensible ...(it sucks for Edith Windsor ..300 hundred thousand ..!!!)

If Gay couples stopped forming unions "today" Big Whup ...nothing changes ...copasetic ..

If Men and Women stopped forming unions ...that would spell the end of civilization ...literally ...!
these union benefit society and mankind ...ergo, they deserve more of their monies back ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
... I mean, I bet you think there was some sort of magical person who was standing around, "witnessing" historical events, and then writing down and objective record of everything.
Right?
LMAO!
You idiot-- "history" is not that simple. Historians try to re-create what happened, based on a whole host of sources, including diaries, letters, books, journals, judicial records, civic records, artifacts, grave markers, etc, etc, etc.
It's a complex and lengthy process-- IF the historian is interested in objectivity-- but even then? He or she must make MANY interpretations and guesses as to what actually happened.
And wars are the worst-- during wartime, everyone is typically too busy to bother writing anything down at the time.
And human memory being what it is... flawed at >>best<<... all we get later, is best-guesses.
Go back to school-- you obviously flunked out. Twice (at least)
I found nothing wrong with this post ...(except) for the insults ...Happy Easter to "you" too..!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>I found nothing wrong with this post ...(except) for the insults ...Happy Easter to "you" too..!!
\

Of course you didn't.... you have no clue how history books get written... do you?

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••